Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes February 28: Epoch Art Preview!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes February 28: Epoch Art Preview!
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/8/2018 14:18:50   

SWoT is actually quite powerful, though. It has one of the strongest heals in the game(though on average it can only be used once per battle, a fact which is offset by the fact that most things you're fighting will be dead before you need to use it a second time, and in some cases, even a first time), effectively three nuke skills(I'm counting Impaling Hands, because if it lands enough crits it's stronger than Shadow People), relatively decent defenses(by later levels, you'll have enough passive M/P/M that umbral form will make you basically untouchable aside from the enemy's direct hit chance, and Velo de La Sombra give good B/P/D for when you're not in Umbral form), and ways to buff its offenses while also attacking(gear of time makes you deal around 50% more damage, which triggers on the first hit of the attack).

It actually got to the point where some playtesters thought it would run the risk of being tier-4 levels of power if it got any more buffs.
DF  Post #: 26
3/8/2018 17:12:56   

Mentioning SWoT has me wondering what the default play style of Epoch will be. The last three chrono classes were all designed to be glass cannons, so I would be a bit disappointed if Epoch is also going in that direction. I know that the artifacts are suppose to change things up, but it would still seem a little redundant to have the fourth chrono class in a row be focused on offense when in its default mode.

Of course, having a good offense would not be a bad thing. I just hope Epoch will be on the more well rounded side rather than pushed towards a singular play style.
Post #: 27
3/8/2018 17:39:00   

Yeah, I feel like Epoch will be more of a hybrid class.
DF  Post #: 28
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes February 28: Epoch Art Preview!
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition