Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Blood Sorceress Feedback

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> Blood Sorceress Feedback

Blood Sorceress Feedback

Too strong (post PvE or PvP)
  1% (1)
Too weak (post PvE or PvP)
  19% (10)
Is this class useful to you? YES
  1% (1)
Is this class useful to you? NO
  15% (8)
Will this class replace any for you? YES (post which)
  0% (0)
Will this class replace any for you? NO
  19% (10)
Would you rather use another class? YES (post which)
  17% (9)
Would you rather use another class? NO
  0% (0)
Tested at level 1-15
  0% (0)
Tested at level 16-30
  1% (1)
Tested at level 31-45
  1% (1)
Tested at level 46-50
  0% (0)
Tested at level 51-65
  1% (1)
Tested at level 66 or higher
  19% (10)

Total Votes : 52

(last vote on : 3/16/2018 14:57:03)
(Poll will run till: -- )
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/9/2018 18:14:37   
Shadowhunt

Surprise!

Now, let me get this out straight away because I know it will be a point of discontent for a lot of people: yes, Blood Sorceress is essentially a weaker version of Scarlet Sorceress.

It is important to note that this class is NOT targeted to high leveled players. As soon as you're able to get Scarlet Sorceress, that's the smart move to take. Blood Sorceress is aimed at lower leveled players (those below level 50). So while you could provide feedback on it from a high level perspective, that's not going to be as helpful to us. For this one we're more interested in how the class fares for players at lower levels who aren't yet able to access the new version of Scarlet Sorceress. If you have a low level account that has Blood Sorceress or can easily get it, that is the account and perspective you should use to provide feedback.

We know there will be some confusion about how this all works, so here's the deal:

-Scarlet Sorceress (the drop version) will change into Blood Sorceress for everyone. Blood Sorceress has similar, but weaker, skills than Scarlet Sorceress
-The new version of Scarlet Sorceress will retain the name and skills of the current version. It now requires being level 50+, having at least 1 CP on Blood Sorceress, and having finished the Tower of Mirrors quest chain
-If you already meet the conditions for obtaining Scarlet Sorceress, you can do so right away (and probably should, if you plan on using the class)
-Yes, you will have to re-rank Scarlet Sorceress
-Blood Sorceress, if you want to have that as well, can be obtained from the Buyback Shop, so you will not have to farm for it again

Yes, I am well aware of what the easy initialism for Blood Sorceress is. If you're going to use that, make sure that the context is clearly defined. I will not tolerate rule evasion because of this class.

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 4/28/2018 18:56:24 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 1
3/9/2018 18:25:27   
Jams Loyal Subject

This is why we can't have nice things

Edit: BSorc as a shorthand version maybe? haha

~Loyal.

< Message edited by Jams Loyal Subject -- 3/9/2018 18:33:18 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
3/9/2018 18:48:11   
G Man

Not sure how to feel about this....
I have no use for Scarlet or Blood Sorceress, having Abyssal Angel on my Main, and (R)VL on my alts.
So this doesn't impact me all that much...
But at the same time, I'm not a fan of this decision.
It should've/could've been done much, much sooner, but after this time, people are used to having what they have...
Changing it on people is unnecessary, especially considering (IMHO) that Scarlet Sorceress only ever really served as a early farming class, and not even a really good one at that.....
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
3/9/2018 19:05:23   
Jams Loyal Subject

TBH, if they were going to do something like this I feel it would've made more sense to create a buffed version for higher level players, rather than a nerfed version for lower levels. Just my 2c.

~Loyal.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
3/9/2018 19:06:05   
Martin901

Greetings.

G man, I agree with you but they have already decided so and it is good that they have specified that they were not for high level players.

But why make a weaker version I wonder?
If they do it so that the players are encouraged to level up, it does not seem like a bad idea if they are going to start creating content for high level players. (without being nulgath / dage)

It would be much better if the scarlet stopped being drop and that it was farming + buff in its techniques + 50 level requirement and with this it would have been better. (or so I think)

At least if you are going to create a weaker variant, it is good that you gave a buff to the 50+ level at least.
AQW  Post #: 5
3/9/2018 19:07:21   
ShadowDanny

Huh, I never really used scarlet sorceress to begin with so not much change to me, though Ive heard it is an excellent class. Is it better than shaman in terms of farming?

< Message edited by ShadowDanny -- 3/9/2018 19:21:10 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
3/9/2018 19:29:37   
Icetex

As said before thanks to the older players
This why we can't have nice things
===
On related just make it a mage clone

< Message edited by Icetex -- 3/9/2018 19:30:37 >
Post #: 7
3/9/2018 19:47:44   
G Man

quote:

Previously, players were able to get Scarlet Sorceress at incredibly early levels by simply farming it alongside higher leveled friends. The farming ability of Scarlet Sorceress was unrivaled up to level 50 and because of that, new comers and alts were clamoring to get it ASAP and did not need any other class until hitting level 50+ content.

So.... by Arklen's own admission, the class gets dumped by a lot of people as soon as they hit level 50.
(Heck, I dumped it at 30 on my Alt)
So, like others said, why did you not release a buffed version for level 50+ players.
ESPECIALLY IF THE CLASS REMAINS THE SAME.
Then it ultimately changes nothing, and only (somewhat) punishes players.

I have to ask, though, and pardon the bluntness, but why is this NOW an issue?
It has been known for MONTHS that getting SScorc was in your best interest when making an alt.
Why wasn't it fixed or addressed before?

< Message edited by G Man -- 3/9/2018 19:55:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
3/9/2018 19:50:15   
Doxus the OverLord

By the meaning of top tier farming classes Scarlet Sorceress is one of them.
Not at the AbA's level but it's still worth mention due to being a good class.
To me, top tier farming classes is the following:
1. Abyssal Angel - best overall performance;
2. Scarlet Sorceress - best DPS dealer in farming with nice sustain;
3. Vampire Lord - between SS and EI;
4. Eternal Inversionist - best 6-target class.

I don't include Chaos Slayer here due to being so unstable but it's still a nice class.
Anyway, I need to go testing it and see how it works.
By the way, I really think this change wasn't needed.
Post #: 9
3/9/2018 20:21:07   
Iron Volvametal

You know, this kinda makes me a little hopeful about the Enforcer/ProtoSartorium Classes if they're doing these Class adjustments & touching on Scarlet Sorceress because it was a good Class that dropped. Maybe they'll finally get buffs.

We really need more Classes that drop, I wouldn't even care if they were re-skins of other classes with lower stats/no Rank 10 Passives, it would make the game a lot more exciting to play as a newer player finding these Classes & trying them out. Once they find one they like, they could farm the area the class dropped for the "full" Class.

Anyways, I'm really liking these new Class touch-ups. I wonder which Class(es) are next.
AQW  Post #: 10
3/9/2018 20:48:29   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

quote:

So.... by Arklen's own admission, the class gets dumped by a lot of people as soon as they hit level 50.

I understand the quote more as "people are clinging to 1 easy to get + super powerful class for too long", not necessarily that it was "dumped" at set level, and as he states right after:
quote:

We want to encourage players to explore the game more and try out a variety of classes

The whole point and draw of AQW to begin with is that you are not forced into using a certain class, but Scarlet Sorceress was an exception to that. It was fairly easy to get, to the point where you would frequently see people around lvl 10-20 farming for it, and is way more powerful than any class you can get that early on, until you start getting into rep classes.

Anyways, about the class itself, it definitely is way weaker, less potent buffs, slightly increased cooldowns and no extra damage on Mirroring Magic (Mirroring Arcane's counterpart) for hitting multiple enemies, I am not against it, but I do have a gripe with it, namely the healing amount from Blood Pulse (the equivalent of Sanguine Pulse on Scarlet Sorceress). At level 42 with full Wizard enhancements, I heal for ~170-190 with the Blood Ritual active, but I spend 165 hp per enemy hit and considering the class is meant to be an AoE class, you will more than likely use it in situations where you need to kill more than 1 enemy at once, in which case you effectively lose hp from using it. I am not saying it should pay for itself + gain hp on top in every situation, but currently it only "heals" you for ~20-40 and that's if you hit 1 enemy only (even at level 85 with full wiz, the total heal is only ~40-50, on a single enemy). This makes you more reliant on Enmity (Malevolence) to get bigger bursts of heals, which even has an increased cooldown just to make matters worse.

Apart from the subpar healing on Blood Pulse, I find everything else to be fair enough, it's still a decent early game AoE class in terms of damage and "ok" survivability, if you ignore Blood Pulse.

To anyone who is wondering why they didn't just buff the current Scarlet Sorceress, that was not the point, the point was to give new players/players with access to less classes, more incentive to get new classes and not just stick with Scarlet Sorceress all the time. Besides, Scarlet Sorceress is already up there among the great farming classes, people just don't tend to focus on it a whole lot in the higher levels, because there's better choices.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 3/9/2018 20:49:58 >
AQW  Post #: 11
3/9/2018 21:07:55   
you stop

may i just ask why they removed the Decay that Blood Sorc used to have on its Blood Pulse (or rather what it used to have when it was still scarlet)? i really thought that Decay was essential to its farming speed due to 4 skill healing the enemies too.

edit: tested on a low level account. it's not that big of a heal but still annoying.

few more tests. seems that it is still viable for soloing early level bosses. it's not great in either farming or soloing. as metakirby said, it's just an "ok" class for something that's easy to get. what arklen said was true, considering how many low level players just go to yulgars asking for help to get Scarlet. this class is a good rebalance in my opinion, just that I think you guys should remove the -10% HP PER target hit of Blood Pulse.

< Message edited by you stop -- 3/9/2018 21:41:00 >
AQW  Post #: 12
3/9/2018 21:56:53   
Aura Knight

Because of the loss in power, would it be possible for the drop rate of blood sorceress to be increased? No use fighting for a long time to get a class that will eventually be of no use. Doesn't really bother me but for those new or low level players it could be a nice thing.

I tried Blood Sorceress for a little bit and for my level it's not needed as is to be expected. However, there are some things that would make it better for lower level players. First, the one problem I found with the class was the lack of defense. Yes, there is the 20% resistance from the rank 5 skill, but I think it would be good if the stun were returned to the third skill. It doesn't need to be as long as on Scarlet Sorceress but having a stun of any duration should help with survival. Additionally, because the heal on this version of the class is much weaker, I think the first skill should be guaranteed to hit. If it misses, no heal and this can hurt if it happens at an important time in a fight. Relating to this, I believe the mana cost and cooldown of the 4th skill could use a slight decrease. If the first skill cannot always hit, there should at least be a somewhat reliable way to make sure players can stay at high enough hp. One other possible change could be to make its AoE skills only hit 2. Because the healing on Blood Sorceress isn't as powerful as that on Scarlet, hitting fewer enemies with it could be ideal. There's no point in attacking 3 if you can't tank the damage from more than 2 monsters. Of course this depends on the monster you're fighting. Blood Sorceress isn't meant to be used for all fights, however I do think with a few minor tweaks, it can be a class worth having when you're below level 50.

< Message edited by Aura Knight -- 3/10/2018 1:21:51 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 13
3/10/2018 17:07:33   
Doxus the OverLord

The biggest issue with the class was leveling it up with a level 85 character. I tried a lot of consumables, weapons, potions, scrolls and nothing. All leads to me depending on a friend to lvl up it to rank 5 with team work. Maybe at lowest lvls it can be easier.
About its drop rate, I think it could be raised to 10% or something near this. At the end, it would make the class easier to get because it's high nerfed so I think it is an equivalent trade.
About leveling its ranks up, my worst issue was its healing, making its auto-attack unmissable would be pretty apreciated and will greatly improve its ability to not die so easily. Nerfing a class after a study is one thing, but making it not viable to lvl up at certain levels is an issue to me.

At the end, we're talking about 2 classes in one and nothing changed in Scarlet Sorceress. I know it's a powerful class and as it is, without being touched by anything, it's in the position of top-tier farming classes, being just worse than Abyssal Angel in my point of view. So... could we receive 2 buffs? Here's what I'm talking:
  • Scarlet Sorceress's auto-attack being buffed to hit up to 3-targets at once, and healing the triple it heals due to hitting 3 targets;
  • Blood Sorceress auto-attack being buffed to never miss, so, at lower ranks, it will be viable to easy rank it up.

I know the changes will improve classes, but it will/would affect them in different ways:
  • Scarlet Sorceress will have better DPS and better survivability;
  • Blood Sorceress will become possible to level up solo at higher levels.
    I know that Blood Sorceress haven't be created to higher level people, but I had a big issue ranking it up so I think it's a thing to be considered.

< Message edited by Doxus the OverLord -- 3/10/2018 17:10:55 >
  • Post #: 14
    3/10/2018 19:36:52   
    Metakirby
    Constructive & Helpful!

quote:

Scarlet Sorceress's auto-attack being buffed to hit up to 3-targets at once, and healing the triple it heals due to hitting 3 targets;
    Scarlet Sorceress will have better DPS and better survivability;

The damage increase would be marginal, since Scarlet Sorceress' auto attack deals probably the lowest damage of any class, sure it would improve healing, but Scarlet Sorceress already have enough healing. Even with Sanguine Pulse only healing for half of what it says it does, that's still an 900-ish heal on it at level 85, more than enough to make up for the loss of hitting 3 enemies at once. Add to that, basically a full heal from Malevolence (when paired with a couple auto attacks). Scarlet Sorceress have never had any issues with survivabiity ever since the damage reduction actually got applied from Crimson Ritual.
    I also feel like the inclusion of AoE auto attacks on already established classes has become a cliche. Shaman, Scarlet, which class will be the next to get this suggestion as a "fix"? Not to mention it would make the classes which were actually built around the AoE auto attack less special.

quote:

Blood Sorceress auto-attack being buffed to never miss, so, at lower ranks, it will be viable to easy rank it up.
    Blood Sorceress will become possible to level up solo at higher levels.

Blood Sorceress' auto attack already heals, even if it should miss or be dodged, and you would still sit in the situation of not having any reliable damage until rank 2, because using Blood Pulse will deal a lot of damage to yourself if you are trying to fight multiple enemies at once. I think you just have to accept the fact you will only be able to rank up Blood Sorceress alone, until you hit a certain rank, which in this case is probably 3, because then you have proper healing besides your auto attack. Necromancer and Troll Spellsmith are 2 other classes that comes to mind, which suffer from this problem too. Necromancer only starts with a skill that hurts itself badly and Troll Spellsmith starts with only a weak, semi long cooldown AoE attack and firstly get it's core ability + heal at rank 5. It's definitely not the first time a class have needed help ranking up. Besides, it shouldn't be hard to find a public room in Bloodmoon or Nightmare to help you get to rank 5 and then do the work yourself from there. It took me about 2 minutes to get rank 5 with Blood Sorceress in a public Bloodmoon room with 2-3 other people and max current available CP boost. Even without the 25% CP server boost, it would only take maybe a minute more.

I think a better solution to the problem of Blood Sorceress (which seems to mostly be the low heal on Blood Pulse) is to:
    A) Give Rehabilitation the ability to stack to 3, so for every enemy you hit, it heal back up accordingly. Due to Blood Ritual, you will heal for more than you lose, no matter how many enemies you hit. Possibly also increasing the healing slightly.
    B) Increase the HoT from Rehabilitation and/or give Blood Ritual a healing increase buff, which I don't get why was removed in the first place.
    C) Remove the extra hp cost per enemy hit and make it a static 10% + Increase healing slightly.

Option A makes sure you never lose hp by using Blood Pulse and makes sure it doesn't go out of hand as a soloing class. People often used Scarlet, even as a soloing class at lower levels, because the healing was insanely good, on top of 50% damage reduction. If Blood Sorceress' heal was proportionate to how many enemies were it with Blood Pulse, then you would easily avoid Blood Sorceress becoming what Scarlet Sorceress became, while still keeping it solid as an early game farming class with sustain.

Option B is the most straight forward option, increase the heal so you come out with more hp gained than lost, even when hitting 3 enemies at once. Basically making it an, actually viable, down scaled version of Scarlet.

Option C is pretty self explanatory, if you only pay 10% at all times, the current class would work, but the total health gained would still be kinda small, so a small increase in the HoT would also be in order, I think.

I also feel like the cooldown increase on Enmity and Blood Pulse were unnecessary, being low leveled already gives you less haste by default, and with literally everything else about the class already being nerfed, the extra cooldowns are a bit too much. I do appreciate the mana cost decrease though, that's about the only truly positive thing I can say about the class.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 3/10/2018 19:48:06 >
    AQW  Post #: 15
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> Blood Sorceress Feedback
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition