Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes March 2: The Primordial Challenge

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes March 2: The Primordial Challenge
Page 12 of 17«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/6/2018 0:06:25   
weaseloo

I bet it's going to give us the lvl 85 version of the doom weapons.
Post #: 276
3/6/2018 7:04:49   
Shadow X Ascendant

^ I highly hope that too, Ultimate Destiny is already at LV 85 But Doom is only 66 yet...

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 3/6/2018 7:05:11 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 277
3/6/2018 7:39:08   
HellsWolf666

Next month is friday the 13th... if there is a time for lvl 85 doom weapons its now
DF AQW  Post #: 278
3/6/2018 9:31:35   
Shadow X Ascendant

I just hope that the Next upgrade of Doom Weapon doesn't require an LV 85 Weapon drop from a Long 3 Scened Quest without possibility of skip cutscene as Royal Vault Sword for Destiny, i Needed to buy the Staff Lv 85 with DCs on my ascendant account because it never dropped, now on my RW account i am trying since the Destiny Reforging Release and until now, i don't get the LV 85 Sword, and i have no DCs to buy from Loot Shop, And i will want to Get The Ultimate Axe of Destiny to finish These challenges on RW account

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 3/6/2018 9:33:44 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 279
3/6/2018 10:54:23   
HellsWolf666

@Shadow- i think that won't be a problem as the last few inn releases were self contained within the challange area ( see the chimera pet or the legion necromancer who had all the merge items drop from the same set of challanges respectfully)

< Message edited by HellsWolf666 -- 3/6/2018 10:56:28 >
DF AQW  Post #: 280
3/6/2018 11:10:29   
Shadow X Ascendant

We are talking about releases made by Tomix And Verlyrus, we can wait everything, i also need to search for a guide for "Elemental Chaos" Challenge without Icebound Revenant...

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 3/6/2018 11:19:34 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 281
3/6/2018 12:52:15   
Baron Dante

quote:

The whole thing with "no skills" is that each time its used, it adds 1 extra turn of cooldown to all of your skills, so if they'r eat 0 when its used, the cooldown goes to 1. If they're at 1, it goes to 2, etc., etc.

Actually, I think verly noted that it's +1 cooldown on skills that aren't on cooldowns currently, and +2 on skills that are on cooldown.

quote:

@Greyor_42 that is a good point, but I probably spent more money on the challenge than zeclem's accessories. They should stamp DC on the challenge items, like how AQW has AC stamped items even though they don't cost any ACs. Anyways, kind of a bummer that I worked so hard for an item that is worse than something i can simply just buy with DCs. But at least I know now the challenge isn't worth it besides aesthetically cool looking items or the baby chimera, which is OP. I can easily solo the primordial challenge with the pet.

I mean, they ARE marked as DC items, for free storage.
But here's the thing. What is good and what isn't is fairly subjective. In the case of the ring, it and Unhallowed are close enough that depending on your build and personal preferences, either could be better.
They way I would break it down is, simplified, that if you invest in END, (and probably WIS as well), you want the new ring. It might seem counteractive since it's a Ring that decreases your END and WIS, but because you have more END to begin with, the relative negative effect on your END will be smaller, and in fact, thanks to the All res, you're likely to get way more effective health out of it than Unhallowed.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 282
3/6/2018 13:22:52   
Greyor_42

^

quote:

Actually, I think verly noted that it's +1 cooldown on skills that aren't on cooldowns currently, and +2 on skills that are on cooldown.

Well then, I clearly don't understand how cooldowns work, because if that was truly the case, then either "no skills" would have absolutely no effect on skills that aren't on cooldown, or Ascendant's shield should have had a cooldown of 11 turns, not the reported 10, based on my understanding.

quote:

I mean, they ARE marked as DC items, for free storage.
But here's the thing. What is good and what isn't is fairly subjective. In the case of the ring, it and Unhallowed are close enough that depending on your build and personal preferences, either could be better.
They way I would break it down is, simplified, that if you invest in END, (and probably WIS as well), you want the new ring. It might seem counteractive since it's a Ring that decreases your END and WIS, but because you have more END to begin with, the relative negative effect on your END will be smaller, and in fact, thanks to the All res, you're likely to get way more effective health out of it than Unhallowed.

and the challenge amulet is just as good if not better than the DK unhallowed, even without putting more into END and WIS.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 3/6/2018 13:30:23 >
DF  Post #: 283
3/6/2018 14:43:38   
Kurtz96

quote:

and the challenge amulet is just as good if not better than the DK unhallowed, even without putting more into END and WIS.

I keep hearing this but can someone clarify why?

Unhallowed DK Amulet has: same M/P/M, better B/D/P, higher crit, higher bonus, higher END, and higher WIS. And the STR/INT/DEX is only 2 points lower

Is it just the all resistance?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 284
3/6/2018 17:15:19   
Greyor_42

^ 3 points lower on the INT/DEX/STR, actually. And yeah, the +5 All resist is pretty huge, for the exact reason that Baron Dante just explained for the ring.

To put it into perspective, the the unhallowed dk amulet at level 80 makes you take 11% less damage from light and darkness. the level 85 squirrel tentacle makes you take 5% less damage. Period. Element or lack of element doesn't matter. If it's damage, you take 5% less.
DF  Post #: 285
3/6/2018 19:14:57   
Shadow X Ascendant

Oh Yeah, i discovered how to Beat Theeano And Siofra, as Weird Duo we just need to Stack Nature Resistance, and Take out Theeano First. Siofra only deals nature damage. I Finished with DeathKnight , once i Take out Theeano, i SHift Necrotic Presence To Heal , since Siofra is Always Immune To Bacon/Curse/Fear/Ebil/Good and ???

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 3/6/2018 19:48:55 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 286
3/6/2018 22:08:36   
Eragon Dragus

Elemental Chaos challenge of Theano and Siofra is actually pretty easy. I go back and took a run a few days ago with Patience Dragonlord+Protection Dragon. With just regular equipments and stats you can beat the challenge at ease. I don't even need to use a single healing item or potion. Just remember to use defensive skills when 'Siofra is blindingly fast' to avoid his Siofra smash the next turn.

< Message edited by Eragon Dragus -- 3/6/2018 22:19:57 >
Post #: 287
3/7/2018 2:56:01   
Sasook

I still haven't figured out how to defeat Big+Small Challenges, and I really like that Chimera I've tried the SoulWeaver Strat and have gotten close, but Dave keeps healing too much.
DF  Post #: 288
3/7/2018 10:25:25   
Chewy905

This is ridiculous. How the heck am i supposed to beat the primordials? Doomknight doesnt work, the instant i break the chitin he shields and damage boosts to nuke me. EVEN IF I GET VENGEANCE OFF he SURVIVES it with 4K HP left. I've heard people can do it with baltael's. How are you doing that because this is just not working. my stats are 120 str 150 END and 150 LUK and i can't even kill uthuluc.
Post #: 289
3/7/2018 10:45:55   
Greyor_42

@Chewey905

Apparently the preferred stats ate 200 END, 200 LUK, and 20 of another stat(if you want to use the ranger strat). And there IS a rotation of sorts offered for DmK in this thread.

EDIT: found sakurai's DmK strat:

quote:

200 Int, 200 Luk, 20 Wis;
Ultimate DragonStaff of Destiny, with Blade of Awe shown;
Necro Paragon Cape IV;
Unhallowed Deathknight Circlet;
Fierce DragonLord Helm (Baltael's Aventail defensive version or Necro Paragon Helm IV would work if you don't have this);
Unhallowed Deathknight Amulet;
Elemental Unity Defender XV (Spiked Leather Gauntlets, Defender Medal Cannon or Chi Bomb would work);
Leorilla Mane Belt IV;
Legion Bracer;
and Pet Dragon with 200 Protection only (Stan the ScanOrb works too).

Use Dark Ritual on The Witness since it can't attack;
Corrupt Uthuluc, then Malefic Binding him next turn to remove his damage from the picture (he's the threatening one, Sciuridaehotep is just an annoyance) and use Chi Bomb here if you have it;
Hopefully you've gotten 1-2 turns of crit from that, but keep going until you get 3 (keeping in mind he has to take a turn between crits for them to count, so 5 crits in one skill is still just 1 turn of crit), prioritizing Shape Darkness since it bypasses his resists or Elemental Unity/Defender Medal Cannon if you have it for at least 1 guaranteed crit among the many hits, maybe Blood Rite but it seems to sometimes not count even though it's 100% crit;
Once you have 3, use Lingering Doom to get #4, break his armor and inflict a huge DoT all at once (he receives a huge damage buff when broken, but he should still be covered by Corruption/Binding);
Use Inner Darkness and hope for enough crits to kill him in one turn, but if not then finish him off with Blood Rite or Shape Darkness or Life Carve if you need the healing;
The biggest threat in all of this is that Squirrelotep gives you No Skills a few times, especially deadly if it happens after you break Uthy's armor and he's raging, but this is pretty rare;
After this, it's easy - use Shape Darkness if it's available and Sciurell is blocking your damage type, because it bypasses defenses too, otherwise use Life Carve off CD to keep yourself healed (using a potion if you're getting really low) and do whatever to kill him, he's not hard but you have to make sure to save Corruption and Malefic Binding for his 3rd life;
Once he hits that, use Corruption as soon as he's vulnerable to your damage type, followed by Malefic Binding as soon as he's vulnerable again (hopefully the next turn, but not always), as he will strip all buffs from you with his first hit but will not strip debuffs from himself, so it will cause him to either miss 99% of the hits in his ultimate attack or outright stun him when it's going to happen and skip it;
After the blinds are used, use Lingering Doom for the huge DoT as soon as possible if you have it, you should have no trouble killing him well before his second use of Power Word: No either way though with the huge buff you get from Corruption.

Just to point out, with that one, you can switch INT out with whatever your primary damage stat would be, and switch the dragonstaff for your primary damage stat's respective destiny weapon.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 3/7/2018 10:50:32 >
DF  Post #: 290
3/7/2018 10:55:37   
Kurtz96

@Chewy905

For DmK (make sure you are not using V1) and get the Hardtack and Seaweed. You can get 5 potions too but I never actually needed more that 2 thanks to life carve
Have the chi blast trinket
Use Sir Leon and artix guest
Have 200 Protection Dragon

First use malefic binding on Uthuluc to weaken him.
Have Leon stun the squirrel
Use ritual on witness since it cannot attack to have it ready when the chitin breaks
Use corruption so you can damage Uthuluc
Remember, Sire Leon doe shave a shield

Now with 200 luck and good equipment, you should break the chitin in a 4 turns.
Once the chitin is broken, he puts up a shield. But, the shield lasts for 2 turns and the chitin breaks for 4 turns.

When the shield in over, nuke him with everything.
Ideally, after the Leon crit and artix skill and chi blast Uthuluc should have about 5500 HP left (helps if Chi blast crits)
Use Inner Darkness the finish him off. (Shoudl easily be able to do 5000 damage with a few crits)

After this attack squirrel using that same strategy for the individual fight. It helps a lot if any guests are still alive. Pay attention to the nuke skill on the last life.
When he is about the use the nuke skill, use malefic binding, weaken skills. Also you might get lucky and he attacks your guest.

Edit: sniped. This version uses guests

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 3/7/2018 10:57:07 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 291
3/7/2018 10:56:29   
Shadow X Ascendant

Well i just paid the 1000 DC + Elemental Unity Package, once it comes i will buy the Armor Closet and test all my unlocked classes in this challenge, if i am right, the armor closet not only stores all your unlocked armors but also save as base class with equips, so is like a Orb of Saving without gold needed to save?

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 3/7/2018 11:00:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 292
3/7/2018 11:00:53   
Kurtz96

Yes. You can save whatever armour you want. You can also use seasonal armours if you have trained them
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 293
3/7/2018 11:04:40   
Shadow X Ascendant

Now the only problem is waiting a new war to farm 7500 Defender Medals For Elemental Unity Full Upgrade. For what i see here the only difference between levels is the stats? because skill is always same

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 3/7/2018 11:11:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 294
3/7/2018 11:47:47   
Greyor_42

^Yep, but the upgrades are 100% worth it because statwise, it's arguably the best trinket in the game.
DF  Post #: 295
3/7/2018 16:16:16   
Chewy905

Big thanks to sakurai, after using the proper stats and DEFINITELY the chi bomb, I took them down. Didn't need seaweed, hardtack, or extra potions, and got lucky with EVERY TICK of maleific binding stunning the squirrel during round 3.
Are the necklace and ring worth it over zeclem's? Cause im not sure if i want to go through that 2 more times.
Post #: 296
3/7/2018 16:23:08   
Kurtz96

Everyone seems to agree the ring is not as good.

The necklace is arguable.

Unhallowed DK Amulet has: same M/P/M, better B/D/P, higher crit, higher bonus, higher END, and higher WIS.
This challenge necklace: 3 points more STR/INT/DEX, +5 all resistance, more LUK

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 3/7/2018 16:25:15 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 297
3/7/2018 16:42:20   
Greyor_42

As Baron Dante explained,

the ring and amulet being better is dependent on your build and preference. If you invest in END and WIS to counteract the negatives from the ring, it IS something to consider taking over zeclem's/unhallowed DK ring:

quote:

The amulet is, as I explained, just as good, if not better than the DK one, also depending on your stats and preference.

And@Kurtz, the challenge amulet also has CHA, which thanks to the new Chimera pet, is less of a dump stat than it used to be.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 3/7/2018 16:44:02 >
DF  Post #: 298
3/7/2018 16:55:21   
Sakurai the Cursed

I'm keeping them as offensive alternatives to my normal well-rounded accessories, since they both have a good amount of Int, Luk and Cha.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 299
3/8/2018 4:38:19   
Sasook

I feel absolutely gutted. I've tried this fight at least 30+ times, taking up my last three nights, and I haven't been able to land a win. I feel like the first two times I attempted this fight and won were purely based on luck. I've been so close, so so close, like 98 health left on the squirrel, before being obliterated by squirrel tentacles. While I do appreciate the time and effort put into creating this fight, I feel as if the challenges are becoming too RNG based. I've only managed to win the Big+Small Challenge once, and honestly that was probably due to luck over skill. However, this is just my personal opinion on this fight. I am not attacking anything or anyone; I just feel that my 3 nights of trying to defeat these bosses have seriously taken a toll on my mental psychology.

I think I might take a break and rewind for a while and appreciate some other aspects of life.

< Message edited by Sasook -- 3/8/2018 4:39:42 >
DF  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes March 2: The Primordial Challenge
Page 12 of 17«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition