Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes March 2: The Primordial Challenge

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes March 2: The Primordial Challenge
Page 2 of 14«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/2/2018 20:20:57   
Shadow X Ascendant

Well, i used most soulweaver because of my baltael's aventail, It comes pretty useful in this challenges. Our Most difficult here is the two at same time...... and i already made the post about the Squirrel's Secret Form.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
3/2/2018 20:28:38   

I donít understand how to beat the Simulacrum. Greyor mentioned PDL, but I donít know what that means. How do I overcome the Simulacrumís 100 All resistance?
DF  Post #: 27
3/2/2018 20:31:47   

@above short answer, land crits to break it's resistance, then punish it during those broken periods

other tactic: Give it -elemental reisstances, i used Icebound Revenant to make it weak to ice, but i've also beaten it with Entropy's darkness debuff.
Post #: 28
3/2/2018 20:47:44   

PDL=Dragonlord with the Dragon's Patience artifact. You can survive almost everything Uthuluc throws at you, and you get stronger every turn, so even the smallest reduction in All resist you can punish it for until you break its chitin, at which point, you punish it even harder. Basically, it turns the fight into a war of artrition where you sort of have the advantage, assuming you allocate your stats more towards survival(which I actually didn't do, and i would have won if I did).
DF  Post #: 29
3/2/2018 20:54:22   

did you killed it in the end?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
3/2/2018 21:25:58   

Not as dragonlord, no(mainly because I couln't be bothered to shuffle my stats around). Book 3 Aegis teamed up with SWoT did the trick, though. And for the squirrel, I used Riftwalker with Nythera and Artix, alongside my pet dragon, which I won after two tries.

I don't see me beating the primordials anytime soon, though.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 3/2/2018 21:26:30 >
DF  Post #: 31
3/2/2018 22:14:56   

Finally beat the Primordials double battle. The merged pet is Baby Chimera (15-20 nature damage level 1). Kinda depressed that you need to beat the primordial 3 times to get "Chunk of Void Radiance" which is required to upgrade everything ...

Level 85 necklace has: Melee, pierce and magic +5, block, parry and dodge +10, bonus +8, crit +8, WIS, end +5, CHA, LUCK +11, INT, DEX, STR +13 (dunno about all as I havent merged it

Level 85 ring: Melee, pierce and magic +5, block, parry and dodge +5, bonus +8, crit +8, WIS -7, end -7, CHA, LUCK, INT, DEX, STR +7 (dunno about all as I havent merged it

Strategy I used was normal DMK with Sir Leon and Artix from Guest book and Stan the Orb.
Equipment: Ultimate Blinding light of destiny, Goundhog wings IV, doomknight helm, Unhallowed deathknight circlet, unhallowed deathknight amulet, spiked leather guantlet, leorilla mane belt IV, legion bracer

I start off the battle by pressing The Ritual on The Witness so that I have Inner Darkenss ready for the tentacle monster when he gets his debuff. Sir Leon then stuns Squirrel. I used corrupt and stan on the tentacle so that Artix and Sir Leon use their light damage on tentacle guy. IMPORTANT: use shape darkenss on DMK on tentacle guy because it does 400-600dmg always. Keep healing when required. Then when tentacle guy has -100+ resistance and has no buff to his dodge, parry, block; use your whole combo (inner darkness + Sir leon crit + Artix skill (he only has 2 skills inclusive of the heal).

Once you kill tentacle, the squirrel is annoying. Once you've killed him 2 times and reaches 50% health. He has a huge nuke by turning into death which essentially 1 shots you. So you NEED to use malefic binding on him or void barrier.

Hope this helps. I'll try finish the battle 2 more times.
DF  Post #: 32
3/2/2018 22:34:47   

Someone tell me how I can beat these bosses? And please don't use slang or abbreviations unless you tell me what it is, because I have no idea what is being said in this thread.

I'm a level 85 Cryptic.

< Message edited by PurgeXZ -- 3/2/2018 22:35:09 >
Post #: 33
3/2/2018 22:41:17   

"Red is the loneliest colour that you'll ever do."

The pessimist complains about the wind;
the optimist expects it to change;
the realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
DF  Post #: 34
3/2/2018 22:42:29   
Shadow X Ascendant

Someone beated it, without using Dmk? that is a class that only the most rich people can get...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 35
3/2/2018 23:09:38   

I followed legendary_sentinel guide and had my stats at str 200, luk 150, end 70. I was able to beat own old squid head with DMK. I was equipped with Ultra Blinding Light, Groundhog Wings IV, Unhallowed Deathknight Circlet, Mwclis Mwrn VIII, Elemental Unity Defender V, Leorilla Mane IV, Legion Bracer, and the pet Stan. But when it came to the squirrel, it was a real pain in back. My attacks kept missing and got nuked in the third turn when it was at 1256 hp.

And those items mention by legendary_sentinel? man, getting those 3 times?! It's hard enough already! they should nerf the dmg a bit.

< Message edited by BioNuva -- 3/2/2018 23:13:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
3/2/2018 23:23:06   
Eragon Dragus

PurgeXZ I think Cryptic can beat the octopus guy just like Riftwalker and Ascendant. The only difference is that you'll be engaging in a more defensive battle style but still being able to dish out decent damage.
The squirrel alone is pretty easy with any high damaging guests. Check its defense buff each turn to see if its melee, magic, or pierce to not waste abilities. Just make sure to be lucky and it will nuke your guests instead of you when the time comes. Defensive skills may work too but sometimes its unpredictable.
Screw this duo.

< Message edited by Eragon Dragus -- 3/2/2018 23:28:23 >
Post #: 37
3/2/2018 23:50:48   

For Uthuluc you just need Icebound Revenant and a decent ice weapon.
For Sciuridaehotep just use Doomknight V2 with either a Doom or Destiny weapon since he isnít a fan of V1
For the trio you just need to be Baron Dante.
DF  Post #: 38
3/2/2018 23:51:11   

Got so close to beating Primordials with Legendary_Sentinel's strategy. I was taken down by the one shot attack when I only had 114 HP to go. Ironically, using the defensive Void Barrier skill is what got me killed. Had I just attacked on that one turn instead, I would have had it.

This fight is nuts. We have to do this 3 times for the pet? I swear, that thing had better have some absolutely phenomenal bonus effects to make this all worth it.
Post #: 39
3/3/2018 0:00:22   

You can beat both with Baltael Soulweaver with grove tender blade, 5 potions from cloak scrap, and seaweed + hardtack (no guests). My stats were 200 END/200 LUK/20 INT. Since you can now bring pets (Uthuluc no longer inhales them), bringing 200 Prot Dragon makes the fight significantly easier (though I've beaten them without). Kill Uthuluc first, then kill the squirrel, using potions liberally. Multiple people on the discord have succeeded with this strategy. In addition, due to similarities between Cryptic and BSW, I believe that Cryptic can succeed with this strategy as well.

EDIT: You need to beat the fight once per piece of gear. Once for pet, once each for necklace and ring. Necklace and ring both give +5 all, making them the most all res available in their respective spots. In addition, the necklace is probably the best necklace in game overall. The pet is also ridiculously good; at level 85 it either deals 100+ damage a turn or gives you +119 BPD.

< Message edited by AstralCodex -- 3/3/2018 0:03:35 >
Post #: 40
3/3/2018 0:20:10   

Ah, I see. I thought it was 3 victories per item which would have made me break my computer at some point. That sounds more reasonable. And I'll admit that it sounds like the reward is pretty solid. Alright, I give this a few more shots.
Post #: 41
3/3/2018 0:59:27   

Defeated the Primordial trio challenge 3 times now using the strategy I posted previously. It seems the squirrel now lets you know when it uses the 1 shot move. It counts down from 5 turns on his 3rd life. The Chimera does nature and fire damage. The DOT on it's fire damage is dam high (30+ damage per turn). The B/P/D buff is insane as well. 3 hits of 30+ damage. I forgot about the seaweed and rotten tack trick. Makes the challenge a lot more manageable.
Good everyone on the challenge it was awesome! Really love this addition to Dragonfable
DF  Post #: 42
3/3/2018 1:24:30   

So it appears that the purple guy is only vulnerable upon the fourth turn and the second attack. It has nothing to do with critical or the number of times you hit him. You can hit him 50 times with 50 percent critical rate like with the defender's medal trincket and he will still only be vulnerable on the fourth turn. This also only works if he attacks you- if you skip his turn with a calander ability it doesn't count.

< Message edited by Recynon -- 3/3/2018 1:42:14 >
Post #: 43
3/3/2018 1:56:53   
The ErosionSeeker

For anyone who isn't using Doomknight or BSW for this, Ranger is an incredibly good class for it.
General tips from Solanace: https://pastebin.com/DPdjvGsX
Skill rotation advice that very few people will be able to use, from me: https://pastebin.com/yBUWaic0

Both of us beat the challenges three times each with Ranger, and it's just a really powerful class that after learning, is one of the best in tier 2.
DF AQW  Post #: 44
3/3/2018 4:51:37   
Lord Apollyon

Are those accessories even worth getting?
DF  Post #: 45
3/3/2018 6:45:43   
Shadow X Ascendant

@above,check AstralCodex last reply.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 46
3/3/2018 7:13:33   
King of Zards

Ooh! We finally get to see Uthuluc outside a cutscene. And is that the squirrel from The Apprentice?
Post #: 47
3/3/2018 7:25:34   
Shadow X Ascendant

I will try the ranger class, is any equip needed or i can go with my best?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 48
3/3/2018 7:39:25   

The ranger strategy is just killing me, either RNG is trying to ruin me (losing over 1500 in one turn) or I'm doing it spectacularly wrong.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 49
3/3/2018 7:54:49   

I tried for over six hours and could not beat the pair using my normal stats (200 DEX / 200 LUK). The most I could do was leave Uthuluc with 50 HP with my Criptyc. It's difficult because it gets stronger and stronger as time goes by. I only managed to win when I put 200 END.

As for the accessories, I honestly thought they could be a little better. When comparing them with the accessories of DeathKnight I feel that only All +5 and a little of LUK does not compensate so much the effort. I think if they were All +10 or if the stats were identical to the DK but with the addition of All +5 and +10 LUK, they would be satisfactory. That penalty in END and WIS bothers me =/

Anyway the battle deserves all my applause, it was simply epic and very well thought out. The pet is also sensational, it fits in every game progression even as they raise the character's level to 90. A style pet, fast and strong. It could only be better if the damage type was "none" or "???" for the standard attack.

< Message edited by EdyMaster -- 3/3/2018 7:58:09 >
DF  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes March 2: The Primordial Challenge
Page 2 of 14«<12345>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition