Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes March 2: The Primordial Challenge

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes March 2: The Primordial Challenge
Page 3 of 14«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/3/2018 8:17:04   
Shadow X Ascendant

@ErosionSeeker . i read and found just one thing to fix :

Simulacrum of Uthuluc
- 300 Shrink, -100 Health, 100 All resistance.
- Every turn you land 1+ crits, Uthuluc's armor cracks. Its armor can only crack once per turn. The 4th turn you do this, its armor breaks, and for the rest of your turn + another 3 extra turns, its resistance changes to -100 All. Its armor will regenerate after the 3 extra turns.
- If its armor regenerates a total of 4 times in the fight, it stops cracking.
- First attack will always be a lifeleech.
If his armor breaks, he gets a -200, not -100.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 51
3/3/2018 8:37:01   
Raphael 777

So basically after you land at least 1 critical hit for 4 turns, you nuke Uthuluc right?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 52
3/3/2018 8:40:49   
Shadow X Ascendant

This Fragmented Blade never drops....
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 53
3/3/2018 8:42:51   

I can't defeat the duo with icebound revenenant. The stupid uthuluc deals like 1000 damage once its hp is below 2k. and I was using my pet dragon with 200 protection, 5 potions, seaweed, hard tack and showing my blade of awe. it just takes soo long to kill uthuluc even with the curse move and the squirrel is annoying with the skill locks. Not to mention uthuluc heals as well!

< Message edited by BBB!!!!!3435 -- 3/3/2018 8:43:18 >
DF  Post #: 54
3/3/2018 8:55:10   

That No Squirel is a freaking Primodial Monster.Managed to beat Ulthuluc easy but that squirel is hard.
DF AQW  Post #: 55
3/3/2018 10:56:59   

Ah, finally beat the duo. It is unbelievable how many times bad RNG ruined my plans, but at last it is done. A close call with my dragon pet taking off the last 9 health of the squirrel just before it used the nuke. That was the most intensive battle I have ever had in this game.

The Chimera is mine! But I don't think I will be trying for the necklace or ring any time soon.

(I definitely posted this here first, and not something unrelated. Definitely.)
Post #: 56
3/3/2018 10:59:08   
Raphael 777

Dang squirrel. Knocked Uthuluc senseless and managed to get the squirrel down to it's last life. Could have nuked the last 1000+ hp but it kept on using no skills debuff (really annoying cause they stack). Just you wait, I'm gonna kick your furry little keister.

< Message edited by Raphael 777 -- 3/3/2018 11:00:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 57
3/3/2018 11:06:50   

I don't have Icebound Revenant. I've only got 395 DCs.
Post #: 58
3/3/2018 11:26:59   
Eragon Dragus

ErosionSeeker Is the Chi Blast trinket necessary or vital for the Ranger strategy?
Post #: 59
3/3/2018 11:33:41   
The ErosionSeeker

Chi Blast does up to 4000 damage, which is miles ahead of any other trinket damage source outside of the old fixed Naturecast exploit. You don't have to have it, but like everything on that list, if you want an edge, it's useful for this and any other inn challenges out now or in the future.

Also, that thing about owning all 3 ultimate destiny weapons wasn't an "or". You need weapons for each of the 3 damage types, either ultimate destiny, grandmaster, or some other combination of 3 strong weapons.
DF AQW  Post #: 60
3/3/2018 11:41:59   

Who should I focus on in the Primordials? I tried twice, both failed miserably.

Also, stunning doesn't do much there, so I'm going with Ash and Nythera, but maybe I should try something else.

Edit: I think focusing on the squirrel is the better idea. But still not even close.

< Message edited by mahasamatman -- 3/3/2018 12:05:43 >
DF  Post #: 61
3/3/2018 11:45:55   

Well, it seems using Doom Knight is a wash as the monsters just attack you with 2000+ damage.
What's the point in allowing to use the armor if you buff the monster to such an insane degree?
Just don't allow it if it bothers you so much.
AQ DF  Post #: 62
3/3/2018 11:55:10   
Raphael 777

Phew, just managed to win against the Primordials and got me Baby Chimera (gonna try for the necklace some other time).
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 63
3/3/2018 12:04:11   

I thought Chi blast had a damage cap of about 900?

Also, it may be worth noting that Niki has a skill that gives the player a guaranteed crit on the next turn. This may not be entirely useful, though, as it's only for a single turn.
DF MQ  Post #: 64
3/3/2018 12:10:04   

How did some people manage the primordials? I've tried all kinds of combinations and the primordials are beyond me.

My best tries were pyro/RW with Nythera and Ash (they're way easier to get than Aegis and Mritha, and stuns don't seem to matter enough, but I get that it might be holding me back).
DF  Post #: 65
3/3/2018 12:11:43   
Shadow X Ascendant

They used Doomknight to beat it. Ranger is still not working here, i always gets killed when uthuluc defense decrease.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 66
3/3/2018 12:35:34   

The damage transfer of the squirrel acts independently of elemental resistances to that element.

I'm kinda disappointed... Necromancer could use the squirrel's stun and shroud to heal itself with the guaranteed crit... Between that and the added cooldown on shroud, Necromancer is out of the question.
DF MQ  Post #: 67
3/3/2018 13:53:55   
Eragon Dragus

74 Health with no healing items left... Thanks ranger.
The nightmare is barely over yet, still need 2 more..

< Message edited by Eragon Dragus -- 3/3/2018 13:54:11 >
Post #: 68
3/3/2018 14:03:51   

I don't have DoomKnight, because I'm poor, and I'm saving up for building a gaming PC... How should I go about doing this?
Post #: 69
3/3/2018 14:08:56   
Eragon Dragus

Ranger or Cryptic should be able to take the Primordials down like Erosionseeker says. But you've just got to be really lucky I guess. Hoping that the squirrel doesn't lock your skills during Uthuluc armor break, or removing your shields buff in vital times. I barely survived the last one. Took 2 witch nukes to the face and I'm still being traumatized by that until now.
Post #: 70
3/3/2018 14:14:20   

So I've been trying to beat the Primordial duo using Baltael Soulweaver, 5 potions/seaweed and hardtack, protection dragon and destiny axe/fractured blade, but just can't do it. After breaking uthuluc's chitin for the first time and getting his health down to about 5k, the damage just ramps up like crazy and wipes me out before I can kill him, much less the squirrel. Does anyone who beat it with soulweaver have a good rotation or something that I'm missing, because I'd really like that pet...
Post #: 71
3/3/2018 14:31:18   

^Pretty sure there isn't actually anybody who beat the duo with SoulWeaver, Baltael's Aventail or otherwise. It seems so far that the only three classes properly capable of dealing with it are DoomKnight v2, Cryptic, and Ranger. So, either go Ranger if you didn't start as rogue, go Cryptic if you did, or go Doomknight if you bought it.

And yeah, I'd like the pet as well, but I really can't see me beating this fight at my current level with the items I own.
DF  Post #: 72
3/3/2018 14:33:44   

Finally beaten the duo! Used DMK. With only 1 health potion left.

Equipment Doom Dragon Scythe, Necro Paragon Cape IV, Unhallowed Deathknight Circlet, Baltael's Aventail(one with dex), cloak scrap, elemental unity defender V, Leorilla Mane Belt IV, Legion Bracer. Had to use seaweed + rotten hardtack at certain points when my HP would be low. I also had my pet dragon with 200 to protection.(even though it does random skills)

I forgotten what skills I used but I had to use what I can to break squid head's defenses and using corrupt. All what I did had to depend on how fortunate I am. One I taken the big guy down, the squirrel was pretty annoying with all those defenses. You would have to use blood after surviving the first powerword no existence as quickly as you can before the second one.

< Message edited by BioNuva -- 3/3/2018 14:39:10 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
3/3/2018 14:40:15   
Shadow X Ascendant

^^ I Beated each one of them with Baltael Soulweaver, but all at same time is impossible to beat with it
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 74
3/3/2018 14:58:51   

As I said, it depends on how fortunate. I had my stats at 200 for END & LUK and 20 for DEX(thinking it would give me a better chance at dodging). Completely forgot to mention that at my post. ^^;

The rewards seems to be good but I am not too keen about the stats for Void Chitin Band IV compared to Unhallowed DeathKnight Circlet. Guess I'll skip that one and check on the other rewards.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes March 2: The Primordial Challenge
Page 3 of 14«<12345>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition