Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: [BSG] A Guide to the Inn at the Edge of Time Challenges

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable Guides >> Pending Guides >> RE: [BSG] A Guide to the Inn at the Edge of Time Challenges
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/12/2018 4:40:07   
whenua

Alright, I'm bumping this thread because I seem to have found a somewhat more "reliable" strategy for the Legion Crawler + Abomination duo. It's more expensive (as in, it requires DA and DCs) and it requires that you're level 85, but you can get the job done more easily this way.

STATS:

200 STR/INT/DEX - depends on what your base class is, really
200 END - so you can take more hits, d'ooh
20 LUK - a bit of a boost for everything

ARMOR:

Entropy - The reason for this is simple - the best stun in the game, awesome damage, some powerful defensive skills. I will go into more detail about what you should do with this armor later.

GUESTS:

Sir Leon (Slot A, find him in The Shears) - He's pretty much got the kit of a Warrior except for one thing - his Final skill is way stronger. I will go into more detail about what you should do with him later.

Mrithra (Slot B, find her in Sulen'Eska - War of the Dragon Rose) - She's got some awesome defensive options, as well as a stun and some decent offensive capacity. I will go into more detail about what you should do with her later.

EQUIPMENT:

Weapon: Ultimate Weapon of Destiny - In my case, it was the Rainbow Axe due to being a Warrior myself. I go with this item because it offers some huge stats as well as a good All resist, but if you've got something else like the Ultra Omniknight blade, that's also acceptable.

Helmet: Fierce Dragonlord Helmet - I mainly picked this due to its All resist stat. If you don't have the DCs to get this, get the lvl 85 version of the Necro Paragon Helmet instead.

Cape: Necro Paragon Cape - All resist of 10, enough said.

Ring: Zeclem's Band - Get the Unhallowed Deathknight ring if you don't have the DCs, as it still get's the job done.

Necklace: Canopic Charm - I pick this due to its Poison resist. You'll need it to defend yourself against Abomination.

Trinket: Summon Honda - Picked it due to Poison resist. I honestly didn't use this myself when I found the duo, but if you intend to use it, you should be alright as it deals some good damage, both outright and DoT.

Belt: Silver Links - Picked it due to it's All resist stat.

Pet: Baby Dragon - When I fought the duo, my baby dragon had 200 points in both Protection and Mischief. Protection will help you get your HP and MP healed as well as giving you a Healing % increase of 25%, which is a fourth by the way...not insignificant. In addition, you also get a decent shield, which will help you in combination with Entropy's own shield as well as Mrithra's. Mischief is incredible because of the following:

1. -15% damage reduction. If you combine it with Sir Leon's -20% damage reduction skill, a 1/3 of your enemy's damage is gone, HOWEVER, if you combine it with Entropy's incredible -80% damage reduction skill, your opponent will only deal 5% of it's original damage. This will almost nullify their damage. Take advantage of this by using these combinations on Legion Crawler to cut off his damage by a large amount, and later on, the Abomination.

2. -25% BtH. Not that good on the Abomination due to his unmissable nuke, but it can make a difference on the Legion Crawler especially if you combine it with your shields.

3. -10% All resist. This is the icing of the cake, Entropy's DoT's as well as Sir Leon's own DoT will deal double damage. It's -5% less than Stan the Scanorb's tho, as well as less reliable. Of course, if you happen to get an awesome Darkness weapon, then you can take advantage of Entropy's 2 Darkness resist reduction skills to make your damage skyrocket, although it WILL make your All resist go down by a bit.

4. A 30% chance to stun. By far, the WORST option not just in the whole Mischief tree, but in the entirety of your baby dragon's list of options. This is only usable on the Abomination, even then, it's a stroke of luck because he has some immobility resistance, and EVEN THEN, it's for one turn...If your dragon uses this on the Legion Crawler, then condoleances.

5. A 25% chance to shrink. This one is a bit more useful especially since the Legion Crawler has NO shrink resistance, neither does his buddy for that matter, although you can live without this.

In the end, if you don't have access to both Protection and Mischief on your dragon, you can live with just 200 Protection. Mischief is not mandatory, unlike Protection.

MISCELLANEOUS:

HeroDiet and 5 Health Potions: - Yes, I used both. They're the most reliable and have the highest chances of being huge failsafes that can get you out of a sticky situation no matter the challenge you're in, and this Duo is no exception. Personally, when I fought the Duo, I remember only using the HeroDiet (Rotten Haysack and Seaweed) for healing, I didn't need the potions, although it's better to be safe than sorry. You can get 5 Health potions when you have an artifact called the Cloak Scrap. Get your base class pijamas on (not the dragon base, the BASE CLASSES ONLY) and go to your Book of Lore -> Travel -> Kingdom of Greenguard -> Maguswood -> Drowned Fortress. There, you can get both the HeroDiet in a couple chests as well as having plenty of monsters to fight (and thus, use your Final skill on them). It will take a while to get used to the path, but once you figured it out, it's a breeze.

STRATEGY:

The secret to this challenge is keeping the Abomination stunned for as long as possible. You've got the Entropy's stun, which hits multiple times so it's the most reliable, you've got Sir Leon's stun and Mrithra's stun. If your pet dragon has Mischief, then he's also got his own stun, tho it's unreliable and this whole strategy overall is luck-based due to the small amount of immobility resistance that Abomination has, but that's why you always start off with the Entropy's stun. If everything goes alright, you should be able to keep the Abomination stunned for a very long time. In the meanwhile, Legion Crawler can be dealt with by using both Entropy's -80% damage reduction skill and Sir Leon's -20% damage reduction skill for a whooping -100% damage reduction. Legion Crawler will deal ZERO damage. Still, use this strategy later in the game when he starts to hit multiple times, right now you should focus on getting your Powerboosts up (Entropy's Shield gives him a huge PowerBoost of 70%, while Sir Leon has 2 ways of powerboosting himself, one of them being a shield with a high PowerBoost %, but only last for 2 turns while the other lasts for 5 turns but has lower PowerBoost %, so use the latter THEN the former) and then start to bash the Legion Crawler as soon as possible, using Entropy's Rotting Touch (you should have it unlocked since you stunned the Abomination first) along with Decaying Needles as well as Sir Leon's Final skill. Use Mrithra's/Sir Leon's potions to keep them alive, preferably if they're below 50% HP, while you should use the HeroDiet as well as your 5 potions if your hero is in danger (tho he really shouldn't be...you're Entropy, d'ooh).

Unfortunately, one of your guests will die, if not both, due to either Legion Crawler hitting too many times and/or Abomination's cheesy nuke. If it's Mrithra, you should be alright, kind off, but if it's Sir Leon, you'll have to rely on your Pet Dragon's Mischief to get the Abomination down to 5% of it's original damage. Even so, keep in mind that if your guests die, the game can continue on, while if you die, you lose, so don't despair just yet, especially since you're much tougher than your guests (they get your HP and your MP, but NOT your stats) and you've got access to HeroDiet/5 potions.

Good luck. This challenge may seem impossible, but it's actually just as okay-ish as the Dragonoid one in the sense that all you need to do is pay attention and get going based on a pattern. If you win, enjoy your prize, which is the best item in the game - Legion Bracer.

< Message edited by whenua -- 7/12/2018 4:41:53 >
AQ  Post #: 51
9/3/2018 11:38:40   
BluuHorseOfficial

Table of Strategies:
4.3.1.1) Baltaelís Aventail equipped SoulWeaver (DA+NDC)

Your best Sword/Axe/Mace/Scythe of any element and the ShatteredShattered/ Fragmented Blade can be used to get you through this challenge. The Grove Tender Set when equipped makes this a breeze, though, so there is no need of the Shattered/Fragmented blade if you have those.

Items
For this challenge, you should use overall items (both offensively and defensively functioning);Aside from that, the Slimy Necklace (level 75) and the VoidWoven Belt V can be equipped to better your Immobility Resistance, preventing you from getting stunned.

The Pet Dragon invested 200 points in Protection is highly recommended due to it healing and shielding you.

Attacks
  • Uthuluc Heals by Draining your health with seven skillful hits of ??? damage. -[This skill is always going to be the first skill used in battle and it doesn't appear frequently so you should be good.]
  • Uthuluc roars and deals 8 hits of heavy ??? damage and granting Presence, +120 Block/Parry/Dodge for 3 turns. -[This is a very annoying skill and can seriously hinder your battle with Uthuluc, so being prepared by lowering his defenses or increasing your Bonus To Hit is advisable, though none of my strategies use it. Not just that, but it also does heavy damage, so try to defend yourself or lower its BtH.]
  • Breathes a small explosion of purple flames that hit you three times for heavy ??? damage. The attack has a chance to enable Presence (+120 Defense) for one turn. -[This skill isn't as annoying as the roaring skill due to it's somewhat lower damage output and only a [I]chance to increase its defenses for just one turn, but nonetheless, defending from it is recommended.]
  • Uthuluc fires a chaos laser from its mouth, which explodes for 8 hits of Colossal ??? damage. . -[This is that cliche very annoying skill that destroys your health and can turn the tides of the battle in Uthuluc's favor. Fortunately the classes I recommend will be able to defend from this skill.]
  • Darkness fills the arena as Uthuluc's eyes glow, as its gaze deals one hit of abnormally colossal ??? damage, though it has a very high data range so with some lucky may it a low roll, nonetheless, if it connects the skill has a knack of inflicting you with Broken, stunning for 3 turns. Grants Focused, increasing Bonus by 200 for 5 turns. -[This is the impromptu AVOID skill in the battle though, granted, you won't be able to encounter it more than twice in a battle provided you dispose of Uthuluc quick enough. You generally will have a shield up by the time this move activates, though.]
  • Uthuluc's eyes fills the entire screen with Void Brightness, however, it does not inflict any damage. This attack is performed if his armor is broken four times, which renders it unbreakable. -[I'll get into this Chitin part a bit later AKA literally one line under, but realistically you only see this skill if you're hardcore fishing for this skill to appear as either you won't last this long or Uthuluc won't last this long. Don't even think about this skill, really, it doesn't even do damage and you've basically lost once it activates anyway so just... why am I still talking/typing?]
This battle is one of the most complicated battles to go around to explain, and much worse, do *shudders*. The essence of this battle comes from the fact that Uthuluc has a natural 100 All Resistance, meaning you can't damage him at all. The gimmick in the fight is: every time you score four turns in which at least one of the hits is a Critical Hit, that is, every time you make a move and that move hits at least one Critical Hit, and you make four such moves (which don't need to be consecutive); then Uthuluc's Chitin Cracks, lowering his All Resistance to -100 for three turns. On the turn that you break his Chitin, after it is broken, if you make any its that come in contact with him, they will do 100% extra damage as well, so planning ahead in time comes in handy. After three turns after the Chitin is broken, it restores again and you have to score four more critical hits for it to crack yet again. Every time the Chitin cracks, Uthuluc's damage output increases, too, and once it is restored, Uthuluc will still have a heightened damage output but not as much as when the armor was broken. There are many Captions in the battle in ancient dialects but wearing the Kathool Adept Armor translates it for you.

{4.2.2.1}Strategy Type 1: Baltaelís Aventail equipped SoulWeaver
The SoulWeaver Armor is a candidate here due to the Baltaelís Aventail buffing its offenses and defenses heavily including a skill that does 1000% Burst Weapon Damage immediately. This challenge will still pose a massive threat to even this elite class, though, the Not So Tiny Bubbles Trinket may be of great use here.

Stat Distribution:

Level 50: Total Stat Points - 245
END: 25
STR: 200
WIS: 20

Level 60: Total Stat Points - 295
END: 75

Level 70: Total Stat Points - 345
END: 125

Level 80: Total Stat Points - 395
END: 175

Level 85: Total Stat Points - 420
END: 200

Level 85: Total Stat Points - 445
WIS: 45

STR has been selected here due to the Immobility Resistance it offers.

Strategy and Tips
  • THERE IS NO ROTATION FOR THIS FIGHT AS IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO USE A SET ROTATION TO WIN DUE TO THE UNPREDICTABILITY OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES. TAKE HELP FROM THE NOTES AND TRY YOUR BEST TO BEAT THE BOSSES. GOOD LUCK!
  • Before you break Uthuluc's Chitin the first time, Uthuluc would be at his weakest. That is when you should focus on simply defending from his attacks using just Soul Aegis and cracking his Chitinous Armor by repeatedly spamming the Attack button with the Shattered or Fragmented Blade equipped. If you're really unlucky and Soul Aegis can be used again before you cracked Uthuluc's Chitin, then by all means, go ahead and use it.
  • Once you have scored four turns of critical hits and you've managed to break his Chitin, then first change to the strongest weapon you have and immediately check wether or not Uthuluc has defenses up.
  • If he does, use Soul Pierce and then Valor Impact and then BaltaelSynch.
    • If he doesn't, use BaltaelSynch, then Soul Pierce and Valour Impact.

• Once his chitinous armor is restored, use Retribution if it is available to you or else go for the next step: you'll want to focus on trying your best to defend yourself using Soul Aegis if it is available as well as using Soul Slash and Soul Vaccuum to lower his PowerBoost by 55% at the earliest possible time such that when he uses his stunning skill, (it hopefully won't stun you with all the resistances you have from Immobility) his 200 BtH which will cut through your defenses, won't make him hit as hard due to how much you weakened him. Keep spamming Attack until you're one Critical Hit Turn away from cracking his chitin (unless you already are, in which case don't use Attack) and use Repentance to Crack his Chitin (unless you already have in which case go for the next step.) You can also try your luck to crack his Chitin with Soul Pierce such that you get to use Valor Impact once the Chitin has Cracked.
  • Once his armor is cracked the second time you'll want to finish him off once and for all. Use heavy hitting moves such as BaltaelSynch and Valor Impact (if possible) to get his HP down to 15% or lower (around 1502 at level 90) and then use Soul Slice to obliterate him, though it only works when his Chitin is cracked.
Thatís all you need to remember. The Blade of Awe and your Baby Dragon will heal you occasionally, to keep you safe. You will need to get 5 Potions from the Cloak Scrap, and the HeroDietTM (the Seaweed and Rotten Hardtack together), and consume them whenever necessary.

< Message edited by Hopeful Guy -- 9/21/2018 9:25:08 >
DF  Post #: 52
9/19/2018 8:01:17   
BluuHorseOfficial

WORK IN PROGRESS!

Table of Strategies:
4.3.1.1) Baltaelís Aventail equipped SoulWeaver (DA+NDC)

Your best Sword/Axe/Mace/Wand/Staff/Dagger/Scythe (one of each damage type M/P/M) of any element and the ShatteredShattered/ Fragmented Blade can be used to get you through this challenge. The Grove Tender Set when equipped makes this a breeze, though, so there is no need of the Shattered/Fragmented blade if you have those.

Items
For this challenge, you should use overall items (both offensively and defensively functioning);Aside from that, the Slimy Necklace (level 75) and the VoidWoven Belt V can be equipped to better your Immobility Resistance, preventing you from getting stunned.

The Pet Dragon invested 200 points in Protection is highly recommended due to it healing and shielding you.

Attacks
  • The squirrel screams "No." at you in large, white serif font, dealing moderate good damage. The attack has a chance to lock your available skills in a one-turn cooldown and your unavailable skills in a two-turn cooldown or has a chance to completely remove all existing buffs. After it has been defeated twice, in its third life, Attack Type 1 enables ĎCharging Power Word: Noí on it on the first turn it Attacks and every 6 turns afterward excluding Stunned Turns. The effect lasts for 5 turns, and after it has finished, Attack Type 2 is executed. . -[This skill is always going to be the first skill used in battle and it doesn't appear frequently so you should be good.]
  • When ĎCharging Power Word: No.í has expired, transforms into a Wizard with a hooded cape with a starry interior and four arms, and uses its tentacles to strike you 15 times, dealing colossal Good Damage. -[This is a very annoying skill and can seriously hinder your battle with Uthuluc, so being prepared by lowering his defenses or increasing your Bonus To Hit is advisable, though none of my strategies use it. Not just that, but it also does heavy damage, so try to defend yourself or lower its BtH.]
  • The Witness Shrouds itself in cyan smoke that quickly vanishes, yet the ability enables Blue Shift (+200 Magic Defense) on Sciuridaehotep for two turns on its first turn, then Surrounds itself with green energy for a split second to enable Green Shift (+200 Pierce Defense) on Sciuridaehotep for two turns on its second turn, and lastly temporarily grows a spiral red horn for a split second while briefly turning red to enable Red Shift (+200 Melee Defense) on Sciuridaehotep for two turns. This rotation repeats itself over and over with occasional turn variations. After Sciuridaehotep dies, the Witness is impressed with the battle and self-destructs.
This battle is one of the most complicated battles to go around to explain, and much worse, do *shudders*. The essence of this battle comes from the fact that Uthuluc has a natural 100 All Resistance, meaning you can't damage him at all. The gimmick in the fight is: every time you score four turns in which at least one of the hits is a Critical Hit, that is, every time you make a move and that move hits at least one Critical Hit, and you make four such moves (which don't need to be consecutive); then Uthuluc's Chitin Cracks, lowering his All Resistance to -100 for three turns. On the turn that you break his Chitin, after it is broken, if you make any its that come in contact with him, they will do 100% extra damage as well, so planning ahead in time comes in handy. After three turns after the Chitin is broken, it restores again and you have to score four more critical hits for it to crack yet again. Every time the Chitin cracks, Uthuluc's damage output increases, too, and once it is restored, Uthuluc will still have a heightened damage output but not as much as when the armor was broken. There are many Captions in the battle in ancient dialects but wearing the Kathool Adept Armor translates it for you.

{4.2.2.1}Strategy Type 1: Baltaelís Aventail equipped SoulWeaver
The SoulWeaver Armor is a candidate here due to the Baltaelís Aventail buffing its offenses and defenses heavily including a skill that does 1000% Burst Weapon Damage immediately. This challenge will still pose a massive threat to even this elite class, though, the Not So Tiny Bubbles Trinket may be of great use here.

Stat Distribution:

Level 50: Total Stat Points - 245
END: 25

Level 60: Total Stat Points - 295
END: 75

Level 70: Total Stat Points - 345
END: 125

Level 80: Total Stat Points - 395
END: 175

Level 85: Total Stat Points - 420

Level 85: Total Stat Points - 445
WIS: 45

STR has been selected here due to the Immobility Resistance it offers.

Strategy and Tips
  • THERE IS NO ROTATION FOR THIS FIGHT AS IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO USE A SET ROTATION TO WIN DUE TO THE UNPREDICTABILITY OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES. TAKE HELP FROM THE NOTES AND TRY YOUR BEST TO BEAT THE BOSSES. GOOD LUCK!
  • Before you break Uthuluc's Chitin the first time, Uthuluc would be at his weakest. That is when you should focus on simply defending from his attacks using just Soul Aegis and cracking his Chitinous Armor by repeatedly spamming the Attack button with the Shattered or Fragmented Blade equipped. If you're really unlucky and Soul Aegis can be used again before you cracked Uthuluc's Chitin, then by all means, go ahead and use it.
  • Once you have scored four turns of critical hits and you've managed to break his Chitin, then first change to the strongest weapon you have and immediately check wether or not Uthuluc has defenses up.
  • If he does, use Soul Pierce and then Valor Impact and then BaltaelSynch.
    • If he doesn't, use BaltaelSynch, then Soul Pierce and Valour Impact.

• Once his chitinous armor is restored, use Retribution if it is available to you or else go for the next step: you'll want to focus on trying your best to defend yourself using Soul Aegis if it is available as well as using Soul Slash and Soul Vaccuum to lower his PowerBoost by 55% at the earliest possible time such that when he uses his stunning skill, (it hopefully won't stun you with all the resistances you have from Immobility) his 200 BtH which will cut through your defenses, won't make him hit as hard due to how much you weakened him. Keep spamming Attack until you're one Critical Hit Turn away from cracking his chitin (unless you already are, in which case don't use Attack) and use Repentance to Crack his Chitin (unless you already have in which case go for the next step.) You can also try your luck to crack his Chitin with Soul Pierce such that you get to use Valor Impact once the Chitin has Cracked.
  • Once his armor is cracked the second time you'll want to finish him off once and for all. Use heavy hitting moves such as BaltaelSynch and Valor Impact (if possible) to get his HP down to 15% or lower (around 1502 at level 90) and then use Soul Slice to obliterate him, though it only works when his Chitin is cracked.
Thatís all you need to remember. The Blade of Awe and your Baby Dragon will heal you occasionally, to keep you safe. You will need to get 5 Potions from the Cloak Scrap, and the HeroDietTM (the Seaweed and Rotten Hardtack together), and consume them whenever necessary.

< Message edited by Hopeful Guy -- 9/21/2018 9:23:04 >
DF  Post #: 53
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable Guides >> Pending Guides >> RE: [BSG] A Guide to the Inn at the Edge of Time Challenges
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition