Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Dragon MAp

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> The Dragon MAp
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/16/2018 5:10:13   
lastspartan

I just went into the inn and i just realise the map of lore looks like a dragon. Pretty cool

With every loss we have in our lives, it only strengthens us to get us to our best. Out of failure comes success.
Post #: 1
3/16/2018 5:23:55   
Shadow X Ascendant

It is not much a surprise when we are in "Land of Dragons"
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
3/16/2018 6:17:19   
Greyor_42

Yep, Lorewise that's why the continent is named "Land of Dragons".

Fun fact: The continent Azeveyr is on is canonically called the "Land of Fables".
DF  Post #: 3
3/16/2018 11:17:01   
lastspartan

Well you learn something new every day
Post #: 4
3/16/2018 16:30:53   
Lord Run
Banned

not only that the supreme god of all AE games universe is the dragon of time so its not surprise that a dragon god will shape the world like a dragon
Post #: 5
3/16/2018 16:59:11   
Greyor_42

Well, only one continent is shaped like a dragon in the Dragonfable Universe. AQC Universe doesn't have any dragon shaped continents, and I don't know about AQW Universe......

Also, the EDoT didn't shape the world in any of the universes. That was the Elemental Lords. EDoT just rules over all of time(which, admittedly does make him the most powerful Deity in the AE multiverse, but still).
DF  Post #: 6
3/16/2018 17:44:35   
Hermitpriest

AQW does have a dragon shaped continent, just different regions
DF  Post #: 7
3/16/2018 17:46:28   
Greyor_42

^Than you for the info.

Still though, I find it pretty fitting that the two major continents of the DragonFable Universe are named "The Land of Dragons" and "The Land of Fables" respectively.
DF  Post #: 8
3/16/2018 19:57:42   
Flabagast

I'm pretty sure Azaveyr is supposed to be shaped like the wing of a dragon, interestingly enough. Speaking of maps of Lore, the Inn at the Edge of Time has quite an intriguing diagram. I thought it might be relevant enough to share here.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
3/16/2018 20:12:04   
Shadow X Ascendant

Fact about Azaveyr, It is shaped like a Dragon's Wing, Wing Means Fly, Fly Means Wind, and the only good character we control in Azaveyr's Continent quests is Danyel, and Danyel is a Master Soulweaver of Wind Element, this cannot be just a coincidence.

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 3/16/2018 20:24:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
3/16/2018 20:22:06   
Greyor_42

quote:

this cannot be just a coincidence.

It is. Especially since Danyel isn't the only character we can control in Azaveyr.
DF  Post #: 11
3/16/2018 20:25:36   
Shadow X Ascendant

Let me Fix "only Good character" hehehehe.

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 3/16/2018 20:27:41 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
3/17/2018 15:28:17   
GammaCavy

I've been wondering about that diagram at the inn for a while. Good thought linking it in, Flabghast.
DF  Post #: 13
3/17/2018 21:59:53   
Steel_King

Whoa, I've never really examined that Inn diagram before. That's fascinating.

While it appears that the top relates to continental drift (or the Lore equivalent), I am very intrigued by the bottom sequence. Is that white center the Mana Core? Or something else?

Also, the landmasses of Lore almost seem to be... alive...

The Harvest approaches

I am the Reaper

Sing a song of Crows...
Post #: 14
3/22/2018 15:46:56   
solomi123

I guess that's depicting how Lore's forming around the Mana Core in concurrent with the continental drift

Can't help but noticed that the top-right globe in the diagram (depicting the entire world) doesn't fully align with the current world map that we have.
In the diagram, Dragesvard and the North is still connected to Greenguard while the "neck" is also still fully attached to Kaer Sterra.
Could be that Tomix couldn't be bothered with the details, could also be that the diagram isn't up-to-date yet so to speak.

< Message edited by solomi123 -- 3/22/2018 15:47:09 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
3/22/2018 17:15:12   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

quote:

Fun fact: The continent Azeveyr is on is canonically called the "Land of Fables".

Where/When was this said?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 16
3/22/2018 17:30:10   
Greyor_42

I forget exactly where I saw it, but I'm pretty sure it was Tomix who said it.
DF  Post #: 17
3/23/2018 4:58:48   
Shiny_Underpants

^They must reconcile their differences.

Given the positioning of that diagram, it may be related to the book that's lying three feet away from it (presumably the Last Stand is kept in that pile).

The diagram looks vaguely familiar...
It puts me in mind of The Gods Themselves by Asimov. In particular, the idea of fusion and fission reactions releasing less energy in parallel universes with different laws of physics, though in that case it was relevant to stars, not the cores of planets. Basically, the stars in a universe with less strong nuclear force would need be bigger to be stable (i.e. enough energy to maintain fission and fusion). If you drew the stars in a diagram from greatest fission effects to smallest, it would resemble the diagram in the Inn, except without the landmass attached to the glowing portion.

In the Inn, the glowing portion would seem to be the mana core. The text that pops up says:
quote:

This looks like the diagram of the birth of a planet.

Mana solidifying into the earth (and other) elements while also conserving, if not mass, volume. It ties into some of the models of magic that have been proposed on the forums previously.
DF MQ  Post #: 18
3/23/2018 14:01:50   
SoullessButProud

is the diagram insinuating that lore was hatched from a dragon egg off some sort?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
3/24/2018 13:51:07   
Meloette Wells

If Azeveyr is the wings of DF's world dragon shape. It could be a joke about how Azeveyr, Tomix's whole soulweaver (story/worldbuilding) lore continent, carried a huge wind of change to Dragonfable's world.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 20
3/24/2018 21:48:34   
holdinglines

Hng, I really hope we get more lore and stories/fables from other countries!
DF  Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> The Dragon MAp
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition