Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Are Titan fights not a thing anymore?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Are Titan fights not a thing anymore?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/3/2018 1:47:38   
Dante Redorigin

Now don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the storyline developments as much as anyone for Book 3, but I've had a note in the back of my brain on it for awhile now. Last Titan fight I can even recall was against Sek Duat, and ever since... well, nada. I'm not saying the devs are doing something wrong, but I've found it curious that training and raising our dragon is still flaunted as the core of the experience for DragonFable but we haven't really let them out of the bullpen for awhile now, even before the mess with Caitiff. And it really seems a shame after all the effort they put into giving us the rest of the Primal elements for them too, we haven't touched on that since.

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit strange?
Post #: 1
4/3/2018 4:09:21   
Baron Dante

I think it's more about how the story hasn't given us many opportunities to have a titan fight.
Even Sek-Duat was kind of a forced case, since it's fairly clear that we didn't really fight him that way.

That being said, there were a few other places we had a titan fight since. Frostval gave us the Fishmaster (With a titan-sized Twig???), we fought the Guardian Dragon again (Which was a fight that already existed, but now it was harder) and last years April Fools gave us an opportunity to fight Leftovers.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/3/2018 6:26:50   
Shiny_Underpants

In addition to that, there's far less utility with titan fights. There are only two skillsets for the dragon-- and the updated one is strictly superior to the other. Lately, the gameplay emphasis has been on strategies using different classes and equipment; save certain stats (not sure how STR/DEX/INT affects the dragon, but END/WIS have almost insignificant effects), there's no utility to switch the battles up.
The Tournament of Champions was designed with the idea of having to try different strategies, classes, and equipment in mind; the challenges, though more restrictive, follow the same pattern.
DF MQ  Post #: 3
4/3/2018 9:11:59   
Greyor_42

For the two reason that Beron and Shiny said, I think they probably found it a better idea to focus more on the pet/guest version of our dragon instead, as well as story elements for them.
DF  Post #: 4
4/3/2018 10:45:34   
Da Awesomancer

It probably also helps that Tomix knows how to work spectacle into questline finales without needing a giant monster to raise the stakes, so Titan battles aren't quite the climactic events they once were.
DF AQW  Post #: 5
4/3/2018 11:20:50   
BluuHorseOfficial

The main reason may be due to the dragon having been tainted with a Doom Amulet for quite some time now, but there is potential: Dove has stated that there will be a saga explaining the transformation of the dragon into a human when Amadeus purified them, although briefly, whatever we’re fighting from the Dark Devices and the Six Heroes quest chains may/may not be titans, the Nest may require it if Siofra gets too OP, and there may be more to come...
DF  Post #: 6
4/3/2018 13:43:57   
rater202

When did we fight the Guardian Dragon again?
AQ DF  Post #: 7
4/3/2018 17:27:14   
Luks

^
I believe we fought it to complete the guardian armor skill set.
DF AQW  Post #: 8
4/3/2018 18:43:28   
Lord Run
Banned

i actually welcomes it ya know. i all ways felt that the titan battles was all about forcing players to buy DA now its not hurting me because i have Dragon Amulet.
but i'm happy for thous who don't i mean its like you can't enjoy the story and feel like you finished the light orb saga without a DA and thats bogus i think DA should give you extra power and better weapon nd armors and spcial side quests but limiting you to not being able to finish a story line without it now that just bogus im happy they stoped doing it agine not my problem i have DA.
but i all ways finded that as a low way to force player to buy it.
special armors weapons equipment and spcial side quests and stuff sure thats cool DA dose need to give cool stuff but makeing a player not being able to finish the light orb saga because he don't have DA to make his dragon huge and fight the giant warm pet of Sik Duwat and give you only the option of "Run AWAY for your life" now that feels low and cheep and i totally understand why they stoped doing that and i think its cool of them i like the idia of pay and you will be reworded with power but i hate the idia of pay or you can't finish the game and story other wise.
and agine i have DA i just think from the perspective of the players who don't have,now look at AQW and AQ 3D now thats the way to do it it gives player power and spcial class and spcial side quests and side storys but not blocking you from doing the main story and you still feel like you finished the main story without feeling like that you run away from a giant worm and leted some other mysterious dragon lord to handle it. some times it was worst then run away some times they used to write "let a dragon lord handle it" and that was so uncool.
Post #: 9
4/4/2018 1:14:06   
mahasamatman

Well, the last saga that ended DID (almost) end in a fight against a dragon... our own. So no titan fight there.

Since the new sagas generally have more humanoid and less magical enemies (or smaller scale ones), there are definitely less titan fights. Also, as said above, it's a matter of strategy. Book 3 won't be like the Orb saga, and that's ok. Also also, any titan fight will definitely attract the Rose's attention, so unless we are on their side of the war, or far away, we probably prefer to avoid that. Third also, many book 3 sagas simply didn't end yet.

That being said, I felt like there have been some misses opportunities for titan fights in the story- against Decadere maybe, and there could've been others. After Chasm, I totally expected Caitiff to create it's own 'dragon' that we'd fight. And the hero wasn't part of the dragonrider war.

< Message edited by mahasamatman -- 4/4/2018 1:17:06 >
DF  Post #: 10
4/4/2018 10:34:52   
rater202

I legitimately thought we might get a "Adventurer Swarm vs Doom Dragon" Titan fight against out Dragon, but thinking back programming a titan class for one quest would have been impluaisble.

I am hoping for a good Titan Fight in at least one Storyline--I have to imagine that we'll be involved in cleaning up Riorr's mess once we catch up to the ?first Weaver saga,and the Shapeless certainly looks Titan sized.

Or Maybe we'll get something Titan related in that "for our Dragon" storyline? I mean, we did see a glimpse of just what our Dragon Might be capable of at Full Power--The Doom DRagon was barfing up enough Darkness to cover the World and spawning Darkness elementals, so a storyline that leads inf rom the climax of that storyline might... I don't know.
AQ DF  Post #: 11
4/4/2018 10:44:55   
dragon_monster

Cover the world is an lot said as it only covered most of Greenguard which is not even half the continent. So not that powerful is he now?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
4/6/2018 9:31:18   
BluuHorseOfficial

No, actually, the dragon covered the whole world, it was just not explicitly stated that Tkaaine, Kaer Sierra and all were engulfed too. Also, Greenguard is the most prominent part of the kingdom especially due to the Orb and Wargoth sagas having happened there.
DF  Post #: 13
4/6/2018 18:52:44   
Commander_In_Red

@rater202

The idea that they’d make a Titan class for a single quest isn’t entirely out of the question, since I do recall them doing it in this quest during the Gathering Shadows arc.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
the optimist expects it to change;
the realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
DF  Post #: 14
4/7/2018 8:20:30   
King of Zards

I've been wondering the same thing. During Gathering Shadows I expected the final fight against Caitiff to be a titan battle. It wasn't. (Although we did fight alongside our dragon that time.)
I'd like to see titan battles as part of the Inn at the Edge of Time challenges.
Post #: 15
4/7/2018 12:31:12   
Greyor_42

@King of Zards

Titan fights wouldn't work with the Inn Challenges. The whole point of those challenges is figuring out what class and gear combination matches up against the enemy best, and making a strategy around that. With titan fights, you have two classes to work from, one of which is just an overall improved version of the other, and neither of which can equip any gear.

If you were to design a challenge fight around Titan battles, at that point, it wouldn't be a challenge fight, it'd just be another Titan battle.
DF  Post #: 16
4/7/2018 12:53:46   
dragon_monster

quote:

No, actually, the dragon covered the whole world, it was just not explicitly stated that Tkaaine, Kaer Sierra and all were engulfed too. Also, Greenguard is the most prominent part of the kingdom especially due to the Orb and Wargoth sagas having happened there.

There was an map in the war that showed how much our dragon covered in darkness. So you want me to show it I will find it somehow on you tube or something like that or you can go to it to see? This is the quest you have to go in the game to see it http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22205416

It shows that our dragon is kinda not that impressive also I am pretty sure the staff wants to show us that we do not need the titan dragon anymore. It looks like that to me with Sek Duat with being able to go to our titan dragon back and destroy the doom amulet. Wonder what stops us from going on an titan being and destroying its brain ore heart. No need for an titan dragon with the exception of an elemental titan they have no one weakness.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/7/2018 12:58:16 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
4/7/2018 13:51:13   
Shiny_Underpants

quote:

~original: @BluuHorseOfficial

SMUDD covered the world in darkness-- an overpowered darkness spirit amalgamation imbued within a dragon of equal power to ours (but buffed with stronger magic to begin with), with a layer of Drakath's flesh over the top, and powered by the Ultimate Orb.
I don't think our dragon was quite at that level when it was empowered by a weak darkness amulet. Caitiff was specifically focused on conquering Lore (where we were), with the intention to spread its reach later on.
DF MQ  Post #: 18
4/7/2018 14:34:09   
Greyor_42

@Shiny_Underpants

quote:

I don't think our dragon was quite at that level when it was empowered by a weak darkness amulet.

So, a dragon that is empowered by all eight Prime orbs(well, five Prime orbs and three shards that serve as replacements), and the Ultimate Bacon orb(which is supposedly stronger than the one that the SMUDD used), and was stronger than the SMUDD during their fight(if you remember, the main reason we had trouble with the SMUDD was that shadows kept re covering the parts of it that we destroyed until we got rid of the Ultimate orb and let the sun back out), and has really only grown stronger since, is not at the same level as the SMUDD when it got empowered even further, to the point where it had equal destructive capability as caitiff even in their base child form, which before the empowerment, they needed to be a full grown Titan dragon to do? Also, the Doom Amulet was by no means weak. It Titan-ized a Titan. Not even the regular Dragon Amulet can do that.

Though, I will agree that our dragon didn't cover the entire world. But it wasn't due to a lack of power. It was due to a lack of commitment. We even see in one of the black winter cutscenes that our dragon is actually fighting against their orders somewhat, so it's very likely that they only doing the bare minimum amount of darkness covering to please caitiff, or the grounds that it will leave the hero alone.

quote:

Caitiff was specifically focused on conquering Lore (where we were), with the intention to spread its reach later on.

Lore is the whole world, though. We are in the kingdom of Greenguard, on the continent of Dragonia, on the planet known as Lore.

DF  Post #: 19
4/7/2018 15:06:08   
dragon_monster

Actually not even SMUDD covered the whole of Lore in darkness if you watch the cutscene of him eating the sun you will all see he was an big stain that covered an large part but not all of Lore. Of course after he ate the Sun it did not matter how big SMUDD was it darkness all over.

Honestly I am starting to think these titan dragons are not world class destoryers in power.What will be the point of them when the hero and his baby or toddler dragon are getting at that power.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 20
4/7/2018 15:15:21   
BluuHorseOfficial

You just said SMUDD ate the sun—and the sun being the main source of light everywhere, and what is created in the absence of light? Yup, darkness.
DF  Post #: 21
4/7/2018 15:18:37   
Greyor_42

quote:

What will be the point of them when the hero and his baby or toddler dragon are getting at that power.

Mainly because our dragon's Titan power isn't static. As our dragon gains power buffs from things aside from age, their Titan form gains proportionate buffs as well. And of course the younger version of our dragon is getting closer in power to the Titan form over time, because they're growing into a Titan over time.

Until such time comes as our drogon is naturally a Titan due to age, the Titan form will be a power multiplier. And multipliers don't become obsolete because the base form gets stronger, because multipliers stack on top of the base form. Saying that our dragon's base form is similar in power to their Titan form was when they fought ,insert Titan fight here> is like saying Goku's base form is as strong as his Super Saiyan form was when he fought<insert bad guy he used Super Saiyan against here>, so he should never use Super Saiyan. It's wrong.
DF  Post #: 22
4/7/2018 15:39:22   
dragon_monster

quote:

You just said SMUDD ate the sun—and the sun being the main source of light everywhere, and what is created in the absence of light? Yup, darkness.

Yes true.
@above The dragon amulet makes our dragon an adult dragon with the power that goes with it. As an example lets say our toddler dragon has the power of 5000 and out titan dragon of 20000 when our dragon gets older and his power get to 10000 our titan dragon power will still be 20000. But then you add the hero of about 7000 and you do get an combination of power of about 12000 which might be enough for many other titans so no need for titan dragon. Of course its all theoretical example I have no idea of the power levels.
But the hero and his dragon could climb an titan and kill it from inside. But that while possible is mechanically not so. The game does for some time focuses on the hero and his toddler dragon getting stronger so I think the combination might replace the need of an titan form.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
4/7/2018 15:45:39   
rater202

Also, in the Lore thread it was stated that even when a Dragon is a Titan naturally the Amulet can still make them stronger so...

And I honestly want to see if there's some way to reach the Doom Dragon level of power(covering a good chunk if not the entire world in magical darkness and spawning elementals) in a way that doesn't require corrupting the Dragon with Doom Energy.

(And judging from the Baby dragon Guest, The World Destroyer wasn't primailized so that wasn't even it's Full Power)

...Huh, that'd be a way to revitalize Titan Fights: third level of Elementalization that each have stronger but slightly differant skills from each other and the base/primal dragon form.

It'd probably take a whileto do so though, so I'm not getting my hopes up, but it'd be neat.
AQ DF  Post #: 24
4/7/2018 15:47:45   
dragon_monster

Are you sure the Lore thread said this? I remember saying there is an slight increase not something wow.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Are Titan fights not a thing anymore?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition