Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Our Mental State

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Our Mental State
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/5/2018 11:43:21   
Shiny_Underpants

Well, we also became Gravelynn's unofficial babysitter. I think players would probably be divided over whether that counts as a success.
DF MQ  Post #: 26
4/5/2018 12:15:22   
requiem.exe

I dunno, anything that results in such a happy doom family seems like a success to me.

Side note, how long have we been taller than Seppy?
AQ DF  Post #: 27
4/5/2018 12:44:59   
Greyor_42

^Probably for about as long as we've been taller than Alteon(which I noticed back at the Gala).
DF  Post #: 28
4/5/2018 14:25:44   
Shiny_Underpants

quote:

Seppy: 'Wait, is that Doom armour? KILL IT!
Gravy: 'Kill it with fire!'
Seppy: 'You always use light for Doom, sweetie.'
Gravy: 'Kill it with light fire!'
Hero[smiling nervously]: 'Close enough.'

Sidenote, Slur looks s.exe like that.
I'm sorry, I had to.
DF MQ  Post #: 29
4/5/2018 14:33:07   
BluuHorseOfficial

Maybe the hero grew in height while frozen? Does that mean... no, the hero doesn’t grow along with Aegis, does he?

quote:

Seppy: The Necrotic Sword of Doom, my worst enemy...
Gravy: Ooh, daddy it has a face can I keep it plsplsplsplsplsplspsllsllspspsllspsplspspls??!???1??!?
Seppy: You are permitted to live inside my house with me because Gravelynn thinks of you as her pet. But do anything funny and I shall—
*NSoD stabs him in the stab wound*
Gravy: Daddy’s good at making friends! :p
DF  Post #: 30
4/5/2018 14:49:46   
Greyor_42

^Well, I also imagine that Doom Knights probably wear high heels, since they're so edgy.

Also, it appears that Slur seems to not actually be sitting entirely on the chair, but instead holding herself a few inches above it, so that probably gives a bit of extra height, as well.
DF  Post #: 31
4/5/2018 15:06:33   
requiem.exe

@ Shiny

Thank you!

@ Greyor

It's not as extreme as in that pic, but I think we're still a little taller, even if you don't count the hair. https://i.imgur.com/UZ7LHiL.png

I think it's all in the armor, though. Togslayer is the exact same height, but is wearing heels, and Ranger is ALSO the same height in flats https://i.imgur.com/mrwJUQp.png

Either way... now that you mention it, that is a weird way to sit. Do male characters sit like that in that scene?
AQ DF  Post #: 32
4/6/2018 1:12:25   
Flabagast

^ I'm pretty sure different armours have varying heights (excluding the colossal Ascended Chickencow). Paladin is quite tall, while Death Knight appears positively shrimpy in comparison, although that may be partly due to it's stance.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 33
4/6/2018 9:28:10   
BluuHorseOfficial

@Flabagast
Yeah, some classes seem shorter due to their stances. However, most to all are of equal height if you work up some Photoshop.

@Greyor_42
Maybe the heels are attached to the boots?

quote:

Slur looks s.exe like that.

Why did I get that only now? Welp, I need pun help.
DF  Post #: 34
4/6/2018 11:11:57   
MarchingToApril

@^: Pun help? Well, if you really didn't get the pun immediately, I suppose you may need to gogeta person to assist. Don't be too bluu if turns out to be official; it's horsely anything to be upset about.
sorry
-=-
Going by this Sir Ano quest, seems like, canonically, the Hero makes dumb jokes to keep calm in face of fear and such. Interesting that in the most stressful Book so far, the Hero has done less of it than ever. Either the jokes aren't enough anymore, trouble is piling on too quickly to come up with pun-backs to help laugh away the terror, or... both. I'll go with both.

Yeah... the Hero needs help. Should probably to talk to a psychiatrist sometime. I actively headcanon/write that that's happened with mine.

< Message edited by MarchingToApril -- 4/6/2018 12:21:04 >
Post #: 35
4/6/2018 11:45:56   
Arcturus96

@MarchingToApril I agree completely, I think we are going to need serious help or else we are headed to some sort of psychological break.
Post #: 36
4/6/2018 11:59:09   
Greyor_42

I mean, in 2017's April Fool's quest, the hero did say to themselves that they can tell they're going to need a lot of therapy after what they had just dealt with, so maybe they know someone?

....Why am I now imagining the hero lying on Sepulchure's couch as if it was one of those couch things you see in therapist offices, with Lynn nearby holding a notebook?
DF  Post #: 37
4/6/2018 12:34:24   
MarchingToApril

Gravelynn: So tell me; how did you kill it?
Hero: With fire... so much fire...
Gravelynn: That sounds cool!
Hero: No. They all burned. All of them.

... that could get interesting.
Personally, I hc the Hero (or mine, at least) as the sort of person who'd blow off steam by telling random enemies encountered on daily quests all the problems and concerns of the past few years she beats them into a bloody pulp. If the fact that a random person came up to them, spilling all manner of personal issues doesn't throw them off their game enough to make 'em easier prey, maybe said personal issues will buy enough pity points to convince them to stop being a problem. Think of it this way: even if it doesn't help you regain a sense of purpose, it might just depress them into losing theirs faster than you can end 'em. Win-win, I say! It's like Books 1 and 2's using puns! Only depressing!
Post #: 38
4/6/2018 13:10:42   
BluuHorseOfficial

@MarchingToApril, To add to my incredible stupidity, I only now understood the pun in your name ^_^

quote:

@^: Pun help? Well, if you really didn't get the pun immediately, I suppose you may need to gogeta person to assist. Don't be too bluu if turns out to be official; it's horsely anything to be upset about.
sorry
-=-
Going by this Sir Ano quest, seems like, canonically, the Hero makes dumb jokes to keep calm in face of fear and such. Interesting that in the most stressful Book so far, the Hero has done less of it than ever. Either the jokes aren't enough anymore, trouble is piling on too quickly to come up with pun-backs to help laugh away the terror, or... both. I'll go with both.

Yeah... the Hero needs help. Should probably to talk to a psychiatrist sometime. I actively headcanon/write that that's happened with mine.

1) Aww, you remembered that my bro nicked my char gogeta? That’s sweet of you :p

2) I think I can never not be blue, I’m born this way and I really don’t trust that Patch’s skin color thing is even legal.

3) Wow, got all three puns this time ^_^ thanks, MayingToJune! (I clearly need a therapist more so than the hero does.)

4) Meh, it’s alright. I like the occasional pun that doesn’t involve food.

5) I guess you wear pants over your underpants because you have shinies
spoiler:

shy knees ;)

But in all seriousness, yes, I believe the hero’s too traumatized to crack up lame jokes right now. Sad they didn’t do it around Seppy so that they’d have a puntest and Gravy’d be da judge.

@Greyor_42, and now I’m beginning to think of the hero lying on Gravy’s bed with a flower in their mouth laying on their back with a hand behind their head and being like “Hey, babby,”...

I can safely say I’m a disturbed horse. A very disturbed horse, in fact.

DF  Post #: 39
4/6/2018 13:56:04   
megakyle777

quote:

....Why am I now imagining the hero lying on Sepulchure's couch as if it was one of those couch things you see in therapist offices, with Lynn nearby holding a notebook?

quote:

Hero: It's just... I keep failing people, you know? I failed Serenity and nearly doomed Lore, it was only because of Sep... your... dad...Still can't get over that 0-0 that my dragon is not dead or crazy, I failed Tomix, I failed King Alteon... I've failed a lot of people since my return and... well it's weighing on me.

Lynn: It's ok, my dad failed a lot too. He failed to conquer lore, he failed to save... mommy, I think? But he got back up again. And you can too. You got to bounce back from it and be strong. To protect people you care about.

Hero: ...That's... actually good advice, Lynn. Thanks. Also oh god the floating eyeball man was right I really AM more like Seppy then I realize. 0-0

Lynn: Uh huh, and tell me more about the floating eyeball man.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 4/6/2018 13:57:17 >
DF  Post #: 40
4/6/2018 18:29:57   
requiem.exe

I want the hero to just sit down and watch Lynn, Sally, and any remaining undead baby dracoliches just play around somewhere. Sure. Sally might not be the best influence on Lynn, but she needs kids her age with similar interests. Watching kids play can be relaxing...sort of. When you aren't stressing yourself out about how high they're going on the swings or how close they're going to older kids in the playground, anyway. But since the undead will stop bullies and Lynn managed to not hurt herself on a cliff, I'm pretty sure watching them won't stress out the hero.

Only issue is that Sally is mischievous, and there's no way Seppy will stop his daughter from running all over him if Lynn gets influenced by that. Instead, he'd just take it out on the hero, leading to more stress...

Are there any other kids who are okay with undead guards hanging around, but also don't come with sinister baggage, like Fleshweaving?

-----

Aside from having the hero hang around Lynn, the hero could also be around Cysero. I mean sure, sanity isn't something that's exactly SAFE around him... or IS it? Somehow I get the feeling that he's the only sane person in an insane world, and his apparent "insanity" is just him going along with what he perceives to be a cosmic joke. Spending a long time around Cysero will either center the hero and get their head on straight ...or send them spiraling into inescapable madness. It's a coin flip, really.
AQ DF  Post #: 41
4/6/2018 23:22:53   
wild guy12

Ready for a long winded one...
The Hero's troubled mental state is something that I have, I'm going to sound horrible for this, been loving about the story direction, and somethings have been a bit ominous as well. They have taken an apprentice and have been sympathizing with Sep some what. Two things I think this could lead to is a conversation about Falwyn where they state they are training her because they don't know if they can stay the Hero in these "changing times" but the scene I think will happen is a snap scene. Something along the lines that after Akanthus makes his move the Hero goes to meet with their allies and finds Jaania, and those loyal to her, there wanting an alliance and the Hero will not have it, and snaps attacking them without holding back. Then one of our old friends has to step in and stops us.
Post #: 42
4/7/2018 6:15:08   
Flabagast

I can totally imagine that spending time with Lynn would've been therapeutic for us. Amidst all of those stories we supposedly told her, surely there must have been some venting/reflection about some of the Hero's misadventures.

@wild guy12
Interesting speculation. I never considered that the Hero may have had their own inadequacy in mind when they chose to take on Falwynn as an apprentice. Maybe we will be seeing some feelsy interactions like that between her and the Hero at some point.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 43
4/7/2018 12:52:24   
Shiny_Underpants

Other than letting off steam with chest-related remarks, I'm not entirely sure if the new, uh, relationship with Seppy is necessarily going to improve the Hero's mental state... once upon a time, the Hero's best friend was a friendly charismatic, and passionate (albeit somewhat goth) artisan. Now, it appears we're going to be spending an awful lot of time with a psychotic spy who works for the Rose, and regularly inhumes intruders, only to exhume them again.
All the while not talking or making direct eye contact. Although abusing that rule might provide a vent for the Hero's pent up frustration.

quote:

~original: @requiem.exe
I want the hero to just sit down and watch Lynn, Sally, and any remaining undead baby dracoliches just play around somewhere. Sure. Sally might not be the best influence on Lynn, but she needs kids her age with similar interests. Watching kids play can be relaxing...sort of. When you aren't stressing yourself out about how high they're going on the swings or how close they're going to older kids in the playground, anyway. But since the undead will stop bullies and Lynn managed to not hurt herself on a cliff, I'm pretty sure watching them won't stress out the hero.

Only issue is that Sally is mischievous, and there's no way Seppy will stop his daughter from running all over him if Lynn gets influenced by that. Instead, he'd just take it out on the hero, leading to more stress...

Are there any other kids who are okay with undead guards hanging around, but also don't come with sinister baggage, like Fleshweaving?

The Hero is shown covered with baby dracoliches, vying for precious lap-space
Hero[breathing in, and exhaling deeply]: 'This is nice.'
Hero[scattering dracoliches]: "NO SALLY YOU DO NOT PULL AT THE DRACOLICHES LIMBS!"
~~~
Gravelynn approaches the Hero shyly
Gravelynn: 'Sally gave me this.'
Hero: 'Is that... a top hat?'
Hero: 'Waaaiittt... I recognise that.'
Hero: 'For some reason... it reminds me of... wac?'
A beat up looking Nix appears, and angrily reclaims his hat, cuffing the hero in the process.
Gravelynn: 'You really shouldn't have said that about his hat.'
~~~
Hero: 'Sally, where are-- WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS TIME!?'
Sally: 'Piotr was showing me how to eat Mr Waddles' souley!'

quote:

~original: @MarchingToApril
Pun help? Well, if you really didn't get the pun immediately, I suppose you may need to gogeta person to assist. Don't be too bluu if turns out to be official; it's horsely anything to be upset about.

Such a prillfully crafted pun. Truly, with that logic-defying ability to sneak+1 in puns, your username marches your personality. Casein point, it chèvren't be possible to march San Robin's pace in the cheese department, but with your aptitude-- somehow exceeding that of a fried egg emmentual-- it becomes possible.

quote:

~original: @BluuHorseOfficial
*NSoD stabs him in the stab wound*

*No Time for Caution plays

quote:

~original: @BluuHorseOfficial
I guess you wear pants over your underpants because you have shinies
spoiler:

shy knees ;)

All the cool kids wear underpants over their pants. Which are, in turn, over their underpants. Truly*, I must be the only one who has mastered this skill with only one pair of underpants (take it from me, don't try it with tiny_underpants).

*archaic form of forsooth
DF MQ  Post #: 44
4/7/2018 18:42:22   
Lord Run
Banned

well he drinked tea (or blood....i mean this tea was very red and dark...) with Sapachulre (the bigest overlord of doom of his time) and his dougther in a house full of dead bodys and skeletons and seemed to enjoyed it way to much so i would say he losted his mind by now... a logical hero would take Gryvalin way before that. when he would see that her father even have undead minions because regardless if it is Sapachulre or not a child shouldn't be in the care of walking dead bodys and a necromancers and i know that they are some rare "good" necromancers as much as making dead bodys to obbey to your will and stealing the dead body of a fallen humans being to do your job can be considered moraly ok. i mean it is grave robbing lets face it even for good perpouses taking some one's dead body out of the grave thats a questionable and disrespectful act at best and wrong at worst wich makes me actually to rethink about things i said and i regreat that i said (Serenity please forgive me for me hopeing to steal your dead body i was mistaken when i had that idia and now that im less emotional i see the error of that idia i had few months ago.) ,but reguardless children are not spouse to be near necromancers and dead bodys and walking deads in general. a none insane hero even if she would resist would take her away for her own good even tho she don't understand it,and back in the days of book 1 and book 2 our hero was sain engouth to understand that. i mean look what happened to Sally she was a child that hanged around dead bodys and necromancers and now she is part of the leige of evil as we saw in the last thanks given event. so to your question no our hero is not sain at all i think he losted it long ago! and despite him not being frozen i think his brain still is and ya he was all ways silly and strange puppy our hero but at list in book 1 and 2 he could tell between good and evil i think that some thing in the gray atmosphere of book three's story kinda ruined his judgement perspectives and it got kinda blurred with the story line,so ya Sapachulre loving his dougther and he is not a bad father ya tottaly a reason why to let him to corrupt his dogther and forget about all his evil dids so she will follow her father's foot steps there is no harm in that......ya...no! he is not a good father he is a loveing father but not a good one and leveing her with him will be very unwise, thats not a logical sain action what the hero did and i don't know in which moment our hero lost it exectly but thats the thing it just happened a little by little so we didn't noticed it,it didn't happened in a bam but it sure happened!he all ready is crazy and it keeps going down hill slowly and gently but surely so he is all ready insane or that his interpretation of good and evil is very massed up. is he mentaly stable yes he is stable he is not going panicked or braserk but is he sain and logical? hell no!

< Message edited by Lord Run -- 4/7/2018 18:50:59 >
Post #: 45
4/7/2018 22:31:36   
MarchingToApril

@Shiny_Underpants: Ha! I suppose some would colby fairly adept at cheesy puns. Still, I'd think esrom to compare too much; even if we cantal be the sort to pun as we go, as long as we all comte appreciate puns in life, everyone's good to go. In any case, when it comes to pun help, I'm always happy to march to the rescue.
=-=
A thought occurred to me earlier while I was doing the new challenges. Considering how it seems like the Hero does blow off steam by battling things, the Inn challenges may actually be how the Hero relaxes. And considering how the Inn first appeared in Book 3, where the Hero's mental state became more of a punching bag than ever, its timing may not be a coincidence. let's just ignore how it's also in Book 1, m'kay?

Even with the caveat that they forget about going there each time they go out, (making to popping out to change armors and such involve a lot of notes to self) I'd think that going through the challenges are healthy for their mental well-being. After all, they're problems that, while diffcult, are ultimately solvable without having to go through any moral quandaries and I'm sure the lack of having to consider stuff like grey areas and the ultimate effects of their every choice makes the Inn a real haven (even disregarding the plain old satisfaction of hitting something 'til it dies).

I mean, even if they forget what they actually did, I'd think it still helps with the stress relief. Sort of like waking up feeling cheerful, even if you've forgotten what it was you were dreaming of. I like to think that winning those challenges result in days when the Hero's feeling oddly refreshed and don't quite know the reason why. (and, at times, frustrated, annoyed, and angry with the RNGods dragon for not sticking to healing).

< Message edited by MarchingToApril -- 4/7/2018 23:13:46 >
Post #: 46
4/8/2018 19:50:34   
Huntex

Oddly enough, I can kind of seeing our hero talking to Lyn about their conflicts.

*Hero pushing Lyn on a swing set while thinking*
Lyn: Hero? What's wrong? You been quiet lately.....
Hero: Huh? Sorry Lyn, I just been dealing with some work stuff.
Lyn: Oh? What kind of work stuff?
Hero: .....I haven't been very good at my job lately. I wasn't able to help a few close friends of mine since I.... woke up.
Lyn: You mean from your ice nap? That's what daddy calls it.... he also calls you a hero-sical.
Hero: I really need to tell him to stop calling me that...
Lyn: I think it's funny!
Hero: Of course you do....
Lyn: But you should't feel too bad. Daddy once told me that sometimes you just can't save everybody.
Hero: Oh?
Lyn: Yeah, it's either impossible no matter what you do or they just need to use that chance to save themselves.
Hero: Thanks Lyn.
Lyn: Your welcome. Now push me higher!

Or something like that.
DF  Post #: 47
4/10/2018 20:26:25   
Arcturus96

@Huntext that actually sounds like it could feasibly happen. I don't see how the Hero will continue on his/her current path without some sort of breakdown/serious help. We're only human, and it has to show up somehow.
Post #: 48
4/13/2018 14:45:18   
Kashlikaro

Seems like I didn't actually post anything even though I was sure I did. Oh well.

After everything that happened in Book 3, I'd say that our Hero's actually starting to recover from, well, Book 3. The Hero's getting more chances to not be a failure Hero (Falwynn and Lynn are probably going to be important for these purposes, narrative wise). Lynn aside, the Hero's actually being kind to Seppy almost on the Hero's own volition, which is an improvement over meeting Konan where the Hero almost immediately went for Konan's head, so I think we're not giving the Hero enough credit over how well they're taking Book 3 in terms of mental stability - outside of briefly panicking during Calamity and the Epilogue to Tomix Book 3, the Hero's held it together. It helps that most of the Hero's nightmares were put away (The Corrupted Elemental Spirits are gone, Caitiff exploded, the Hero met Warlic as Warlic again, and Seppy is no longer 100% evil Seppy).

That is, until we continent hop and everything immediately gets far, far worse. That's going to be interesting.
DF  Post #: 49
4/13/2018 15:05:23   
Greyor_42

^
quote:

That is, until we continent hop and everything immediately gets far, far worse. That's going to be interesting.

Dove does need his serving of player's tears, after all.
DF  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Our Mental State
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition