Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Our Mental State

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Our Mental State
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/13/2018 15:17:29   
GammaCavy

MY SW is shorter than Sepulchre, so it's got to be the armor.
DF  Post #: 51
4/17/2018 11:19:04   
Shiny_Underpants

@MarchingToApril
It's bluu, sans some kind of tournament or official competition, a round robin is better, as puns are most fun when you're horsing around. It'd be awful to have to march in line for the whole of April-- after all, some might say lighthearted puns were Shakespeare's requiem for his characters' .executions. Without them, certainly, his plays would be greyor. But lord, I wouldn't want this paragraph to run on too long (it might flabagast those who need pun help) so I'd lika to kash in o' this opportunity to stop.

Conveying shifts in the Hero's mental state is something I imagine the staff have to treat with some care. Since so many players have conflicting headcanons for their characters (which staff wish to preserve), characterising something as personal as an abnormal mental state is quite restrictive. We only see glimpses, of course; even when Timelines was released, players were annoyed that the Hero ran off to think after Jaania dismissed them.

Speaking of Jaania's mirror, it's quite possible that inspecting it more closely could lead to the Hero's mental state... more closely resembling Jaania's. Being able to view eventualities that portray your worst nightmares, and greatest ideals... it'd be a little like viewing the relevant deity's browser history.

The second best class in the game actually varies; it looks like it's shorter standing up, but seated it seems like it's taller. Given requiem's findings, it seems apparent that the chair actually distorts gravity.
DF MQ  Post #: 52
4/17/2018 11:57:05   
Greyor_42

quote:

his plays would be greyor.

Mmmmph. That one was a bit stretchy, underpants.

But yeah, since player headcanon is a thing, it can be a bit troublesome to make an official announcement for the canon mental state of our hero. The most they can do without upseting everyone ever is the Kathool madness thing that's still affecting the hero, the doom weapon/cloak scrap manipulating them to a degree, and the hero's underlying guilt and self blame for being unable to save the people they failed to save.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 4/17/2018 12:01:44 >
DF  Post #: 53
4/18/2018 7:59:57   
Flabagast

@Shiny
...I now have the strongest urge to buy the Dimensional Transphaser armour again and play through every single cutscene-heavy quest in Book 3. If that class were canon, I'm sure the Hero would never need therapy.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 54
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Our Mental State
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition