Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= Design Notes April 6th, 2018

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Design Notes April 6th, 2018
Page 1 of 512345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/6/2018 18:57:14   
Divine Nexus

quote:

Verlyrus
April 06, 2018

The Dreamspace Challenges Have Arrived!

Hey there, Heroes!

The next challenge in the Inn at the Edge of Time is here! Welcome to Dreamspace!

Face off against the mighty Mega Meowphant! An unstoppable beast who may just trample you right over!

Spar against Sporca, the Swift, a speedy, fragile, uh, creature, that is agile and very hard to hit!

Earn the Meowphant's Mettle Belt, and your very own Sporcaling pet in this week's challenges.

Note: DoomKnight V1 is not allowed for this week's challenges.

Can you stop the Mega Meowphant rampage? Can you catch up to Sporca? Or will you and your dreams be trampled in a very odd nightmare?

Head over to the challenge board at the Inn at the Edge of Time to find out!

Having trouble with the fights? Have strategies you want to share? Feedback? Praise? DragonFable related dreams?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates!

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Coming next week: The Lucky Day book sure has been there a while, and that 13 Leaf Clover in your pocket is starting to make... noises?

Tags: Verlyrus

I've already beaten them both individually with Ranger, time to see what they're like as a duo.

Paw printed, and tagged! ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 4/6/2018 20:26:19 >
DF AQW  Post #: 1
4/6/2018 19:00:36   
Melrakki018

Almost got Sporca with archivist, but then he nuked me for 3.3k damage. I haven't quite figured out the rotation on his nukes yet, but they seem to grow larger the lower his health is.
Post #: 2
4/6/2018 19:01:47   
Kurtz96

The individual challenges are not very hard. You can easily beat them with no special stuff.

I used doomknight to nuke down the meowphant and malefic binding.

You can use soulweaver to beat sporca by using purge to get rid of the DOTs, or just use doomknight (inner darkness ignores the high defenses)

The pet is quite nice with high DOT classes like ninja.

The nuke grows stronger with every DOT.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 4/6/2018 19:02:22 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
4/6/2018 19:02:06   
Shadow X Ascendant

For Mega Meowphant
spoiler:

IYou just can't try to stun it or he will get mad, and hit you very hard
for Sporca , i am still learning how to make him possible to hit... and Mwclis Mvrn VIII comes in hand here

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 4/6/2018 19:04:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
4/6/2018 19:03:11   
Kurtz96

I just used soulweaver for the purge skill. and outlast him. With protection dragon. Brute force method.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
4/6/2018 19:05:42   
Greyor_42

Sporca makes me mad. Especially since my protection dragon seems to prefer to attack it over healing me.

Good class for the fight, though is Ranger(with 5 potions from cloak scrap). Good heal, good shield, can buff its own accuracy, and has a strong DoT, so even if you don't hit him, you do.

@Kurtz96

How are you successfully hitting Sporca ever with SW? I tried, and exactly one hit got through. And then I died to his nuke.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 4/6/2018 19:07:01 >
DF  Post #: 6
4/6/2018 19:08:19   
Kurtz96

I just used purge to get rid of DOT so his nuke does like 300 damage which I outlasted with potions, protection dragon healing, and hero diet. So eventually I hit him enough to win.

The Sporca pet is very good and does the same thing the monster does: DOT and higher damage with every DOT, so use it with a class like Ninja.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 4/6/2018 19:09:49 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
4/6/2018 19:09:54   
Greyor_42

I'm not asking how you beat Sporca with SW, I'm asking how you hit him.
DF  Post #: 8
4/6/2018 19:10:35   
Kurtz96

Attack a lot and eventually a hit will get through from pure RNG.

Also, the first time I beat Sporca, I used DmK and since shape darkness ignores defenses, I got lucky and dodged his nuke.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 4/6/2018 19:12:24 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
4/6/2018 19:10:52   
Shadow X Ascendant

but he is still dodging all my hits, even using purge, so you winned only by luck of managing to hit him?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
4/6/2018 19:12:06   
Raphael 777

For meowphant:
spoiler:

Do NOT stun or blind. Stunning it will make it break out of it and hit you harder. Blinding it will make it go into a blind rage (2 hard hits per turn) for the blind duration (so 5 turn blind will result in 5 turns of blind rampage)

Sporca needs more observation, but the nuke definitely hits harder the more DOT you have on you (got him to about 1/2 hp before he nuked me for a whopping 900+ hit and there was about 4-5 DOTs on me, the first nuke hit me for about 200+ and there were 2 DOTs (I think) on me.)

< Message edited by Raphael 777 -- 4/6/2018 19:17:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
4/6/2018 19:13:31   
Kurtz96

quote:

For meowphant:
spoiler:

Do NOT stun or blind. Stunning it will make it break out of it and hit you harder. Blinding it will make it go into a blind rage (2 hard hits per turn) for the blind duration (so 5 turn blind will result in 5 turns of blind rampage)

Does it? I used malefic binding on it and it did not go on a blinding rage for 5 turns.

And I feel you are all making this more complicated than it has to be. Just hit Meowphant really hard with DmK or Soulweaver. Beat Sporca with either DmK or Soulweaver.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 4/6/2018 19:15:12 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
4/6/2018 19:16:34   
Shadow X Ascendant

I can't believe that you need Dmk V2 (V1 is not allowed), or Real Real Luck to hit Sporca, There must be a way, to make him vulnerable to hit, but how....
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
4/6/2018 19:17:19   
Kurtz96

Yeah. I can see why DmK V1 is banned since life carve ignores everything.

Has anyone tried a max Luck build to hit Sporca?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
4/6/2018 19:18:15   
Raphael 777

Just in case you feel tempted to stun or blind, cause Ascendant and EPL blind made it go into a rampage. Just saying.

< Message edited by Raphael 777 -- 4/6/2018 19:21:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
4/6/2018 19:18:37   
Shadow X Ascendant

i am using 200 Luck, and yet i am still not hitting him. After learning that you can't stun Meowphant i beat him, oh and meowphant uses Stun in 6 to 6 rounds, that means, you start with BSW Shield, once it be able to use it again, use, because he will use stun for sure, same as siofra

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 4/6/2018 19:21:44 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
4/6/2018 19:20:20   
Kurtz96

quote:

Just in case you feel tempted to stun or blind. Just saying.

He does more damage but He also hits less so it should be fine. Malefic Binding is one of the better blind though to be fair.

EDIT: I was 300 health away from beating the duo. If i had 5 potions I would have won. So mad

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 4/6/2018 19:21:16 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
4/6/2018 19:25:32   
docblade

Okay. Another challenge suited for ragequit. Whats next? "This enemy randomly one of your skills every round. If any skill except the picked skill is used, he kills you instantly. If you do use the picked skill, the enemy just attacks you for 600% damage. If you use a potion, he kills you instantly"

This would be fairer instead of anything you did in terms of of EoT-releases. Think i will skip this and any further EoT releases to protect the rest of my sanity.

EDIT: @v I used Dmk at my last seven tries. So nope. Its better for me and my health if i ignore the inn from now on

< Message edited by docblade -- 4/6/2018 19:30:54 >
DF MQ  Post #: 18
4/6/2018 19:27:08   
Kurtz96

You are exaggerating. The individual challenges this time are actually not very hard. It took me 3 times to beat both. We have discussed strategies in this thread. Use Doomknight if you have it, use Baetael Soulweaver if you don't.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
4/6/2018 19:33:16   
Shadow X Ascendant

Meowphant is already done, we know we can't stun or blind it, and it uses stun from 6 to 6 rounds, after his First round, same as siofra. But we still need to learn how touch sporca, ... 200 Luk, not, 3 Types of weapon, not.... alright next try..
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 20
4/6/2018 19:34:44   
Greyor_42

@Kurtz96,

quote:

use Baetael Soulweaver if you don't.

Or, be smart and use Ranger.

You know, the class that's practically designed to beat the Sporca fight, due to being able to increase its own accuracy, and land DoT's in case you sometimes don't hit?
DF  Post #: 21
4/6/2018 19:36:25   
Shadow X Ascendant

Ranger? I Will try it, have some rotation to recommend?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
4/6/2018 19:38:04   
Divine Nexus

So, I just finished all the new fights. If I had to offer a strategy, it would be equip Ranger, summon your fully trained Protection Dragon and maybe get some extra potions from the Cloak Scrap. This is more than sufficient to take on the individual fights.

When it comes to the duo, it'll come down to luck when using this strategy, but as long as you take down Sporca, you've basically won.

I never realised how amazing Ranger is until this challenge. I only tried it after fighting Sporca because it was the first class I thought of when I tried to think of something "accurate". I think I've fallen in love with this class!
DF AQW  Post #: 23
4/6/2018 19:41:58   
Kurtz96

quote:

Or, be smart and use Ranger.

You know, the class that's practically designed to beat the Sporca fight, due to being able to increase its own accuracy, and land DoT's in case you sometimes don't hit?

In hindsight yes. But I have already won the fights so too late at this point :p
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 24
4/6/2018 19:42:35   
Greyor_42

@Shadow X Ascendant

Start with shield, then use Tracker's shot to increase BtH by 80, then do nothing but Venom Shot until you're down to about half health(to use the hawk heal) or the shield becomes usable again(whichever comes first). Interrupt with potions as necessary, and definitely get 5 from the cloak scrap(and also definitely use a max protection dragon).

But seriously, the only two offensive moves you should ever be using for the entire Sporca fight are venom shot, and tracker's shot.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 4/6/2018 19:43:57 >
DF  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Design Notes April 6th, 2018
Page 1 of 512345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition