Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Design Notes April 6th, 2018

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Design Notes April 6th, 2018
Page 5 of 5<12345
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/7/2018 19:35:13   
Sakurai the Cursed

So, I beat both individual fights on my first try with Ascendant, using 1 potion each and no temp items (I have literally never used this so-called Hero Diet or gotten extra potions with Cloak Scrap and have beaten every Inn challenge, so I hardly agree that "everyone uses them and you need them"), which is kinda disappointing but I suppose it's nice for non-DAs. The Sporcaling is a fun little pet, but I can't see myself ever using it since it does less damage per turn than Baby Chimera even when it's being buffed by 7 DoT effects, but maybe that would change with a lot of Cha.

The duo is fun though, I don't think Asc has a chance of beating it sadly but eventually I just gave in and used DK since I couldn't be bothered to retrain my stats to use Ranger.

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 4/7/2018 19:37:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 101
4/7/2018 20:12:34   
Greyor_42

@Sakurai the Cursed

The main Inn challenge build is actually geared around being able to effectively use every single class(max LUK, max END, 20 WIS), so using has the benefit of never actually having to retrain. It also helps that this build is quite effective even outside the Inn.
DF  Post #: 102
4/7/2018 22:18:03   
Shadow X Ascendant

Well, i am searching soundtraks that match with each new challenge, just to make it more funny, i choosed this for Dream Duo Soundtrack For The Dream Duo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR288H4_BE0 , but you guys know better ones?
Edit 1 - @Greyor_42 and Kurtz_96 Sorry for the late, but i have only seen it now, that time i was Talking about DoT causing 1767 Damage, and His normal attack dealed 3000 damage, i am still learning why that happened, maybe it was nerfed and lost this insane damage increase.... i will fight him again to see if i can trigger it again.
Edit 2 - Oh i learned here take a look at his damage https://imgur.com/a/0ZDra once his hp get less than 1000 if you hit him with skills that causes debuffs / dots and he dodges he will increase in damage each time more, if you manage to hit him again , his damage goes back to normal. that time i missed so many times that he have reached 3000 Normal damage with 1767 DoT, (His Dot is based in half of his total damage)

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 4/7/2018 23:38:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 103
4/7/2018 23:45:51   
BluuHorseOfficial

@Siedgrief

quote:

Tough challenge, liked it and its mechanics, and i agree with most ppl that ranger shines here, most classes really depends on the rng god to fully be able to solo it (DK/Ranger aside).

Not necessarily. DoomKnight can do it too, and so can Necromancer.

quote:

for me ranger feels ahead of the rest of the classes, i get that you love it and i respect it, but in situations like these you can see that ranger is still ahead of most classes and its not that the class itself is unbalanced its the passive that in my opinion needs further review (i know that now its -4 focus), maybe increase the max focus needed?.

No, actually. Just compare Ranger with most other classes and youíll find that it is way more risky to use than other mainstream classes like Paladin or Necromancer, for instance. The only way the ranger can be considered OP is if the player has a good understanding of the armor. It starts out as a weak offensive class, (no seriously, read the post I made about Power Shot earlier), with the only way of Seriously damaging your opponent being using Venom 5 times or Spotterís Shot -> Power Shot until you get 5 focus and become the best offensive class in Tier 2 (no joke). However, if you run low on health or need defense ASAP, welp. You lose your offensive prowess immediately and go back to square one (technically 2 I guess, at 1 focus)

quote:

And appart i really suggest that DragonLord Darkness dragon spirit get changed back to MPM, it strugless too much for a T3 defensive class, in situations like this challenge it should be a realliable class, literally got Crited and dead most of the time, you dont even get the real chance of using Dragon soul because most of the time your are alredy dead, i really hope that Verly reconsider it.

No, that has been done to various defensive classes, because they are defensive. Verlyrus has stated that ďsuper full tankyĒ is something he wanted to try and reduce (though he said itís still an option). DragonLord was OP before due to Darkness Dragon Spirit being MPM due to you being able to risklessly use Dragon Soul and then Wind Dragon Spirit. Same with Necromanceróyou could Life Tap wothout fear. Offensive classes have an M/P/M shield due to them being weaker defensive classes when the shield isnít used, so when it is, theyíre allowed to nullify damage.

quote:

PD: Sorry for any english mistakes, feel free to correct.
PD2: While we are at this Verly please Buff Soulweaver Concentration?.

Itís still your opinion, though, maybe you think of it differently? Sorry if I offended your opinion or anything, that wasnít my intention :p
Iím interested for as to why you want to buff the move and what you want it to do...

quote:

So, I beat both individual fights on my first try with Ascendant, using 1 potion each and no temp items (I have literally never used this so-called Hero Diet or gotten extra potions with Cloak Scrap and have beaten every Inn challenge, so I hardly agree that "everyone uses them and you need them"), which is kinda disappointing but I suppose it's nice for non-DAs. The Sporcaling is a fun little pet, but I can't see myself ever using it since it does less damage per turn than Baby Chimera even when it's being buffed by 7 DoT effects, but maybe that would change with a lot of Cha.
Well, you are one of the strategy gods, so Iím not surprised you used something no one has until now :p I donít use the HeroDiet or cloak scrap much either (nor Pirateís Plunder, and trust me I do all the challenges at least 6 or more times and I recommend them to people to make their lives easier), I just said that because those are what most people generally use for harder stuff like the Big&Small, Primordials and to some extent, Crawler&Centaur too. Also, yeah, HeroDiet is DA only :( but the Cloak Scrap is still good.)

The duo is fun though, I don't think Asc has a chance of beating it sadly but eventually I just gave in and used DK since I couldn't be bothered to retrain my stats to use Ranger. Actually, for ranger, the best thing you can do is just use 200 END/ 200 LUK/ 20 WIS and equip a dagger or sword(/mace/axe)
DF  Post #: 104
4/8/2018 0:17:47   
Azyrinthia

I found the duo easier using Kathool Adept than Ranger. It's probably because my stat allocation is not optimised for Ranger and I'm not very experienced with the class.
AQ DF  Post #: 105
4/8/2018 16:04:02   
mahasamatman

People here seems strong on the ranger option, but I've failed with it twice and won pretty easily with DK. Might be RNG though, plus I'm not really optimized for ranger (200 str 200 luk 10 wis 10 end).

I really liked how simple these challenges were- not simple so defeat, just generally had simpler gimmicks compared to the very complex primordials. Plus, it's probably easier to the staff to create and code them.
DF  Post #: 106
4/8/2018 20:45:31   
Sakurai the Cursed

@Greyor, Bluu - Yes, I realize that 200 End/Luk and 20 Wis would work, but that's not my general build, and honestly it's not going to be both because it'd be much less efficient at normal quests and because I don't find I need the End even in the challenges. Ranger is the only class there is that requires me to alter my build of 200 Int/Luk and 20 Wis, and I don't even really like it all that much, so that's a no-go for me. That said, I do usually retrain to 200 Dex/Luk and 20 Wis when I want to use it in a challenge, I was just too lazy this time.

Also, it doesn't matter what weapon type you use Bluu, Ranger's moves are all type-locked regardless. That's kinda the whole reason why my build is bad for it. :p
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 107
4/8/2018 22:59:10   
Eragon Dragus

The ranger option for the Dream Duo did not work for me either. I finished it with DK instead.

Regarding the problem with people complaining that this challenge is not challenging enough, if Verly and Tomix is gonna design every challenge a 1up difficulty from the previous challenges from now on, I can imagine it would be really hard for both the devs and players. Personally, I prefer these unique and fun challenges kind of feel, even if they don't top the last ones in difficulty. It is still challenging to an extent.
Post #: 108
4/8/2018 23:10:03   
Shadow X Ascendant

@Eragon and @mahasa you two tried my strategy with ranger on page 2 ? And @Eragon i also added a soundtrack for this fight too, it is above here

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 4/8/2018 23:17:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 109
4/9/2018 4:00:00   
Sun Wukong

How to beat the duo with DmK?
Post #: 110
4/9/2018 7:35:01   
BluuHorseOfficial

Y'know, Sakurai, Daggers do work with mages, too, just in case you didn't know, so you could opt to be a Dagger wielding Mage/Ascendant--that's what I am. Also I know that they're Pierce and Melee Locked, the reason I recommended a dagger/axe would be to get yourself a passive +15% PowerBoost, but Scythes work for that, too.
DF  Post #: 111
4/9/2018 7:58:36   
Greyor_42

@BluuHorseOfficial

It's not just PowerBoost actually. It's the skills themselves, apparently. Like, Powershot does one hit of 135% before taking Boost into account, as opposed to the 120% it normally would if you didn't have anything in either DEX or STR.(which also leads to dual strike being the stronger of the two, as it becomes 2 hits of 75% damage, instead of 2 hits of 60%, which leads to a total of 150% damage on the attack)

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 4/9/2018 8:04:24 >
DF  Post #: 112
4/9/2018 11:12:47   
Shadow X Ascendant

@Greyor_42, up here i showed what i want to mean with that 1767 DoT damage i told before
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 113
4/9/2018 11:33:51   
Fire alandry

I think that the reward for this board is a trinket. I mean, we already got a class, a bracer, neckle, ring, few pets, capes, helms, belts, and weapons.
Well, artifact is also an option but it's unlikely IMO. And the legion bracer will be one in the future.
DF  Post #: 114
4/9/2018 13:20:30   
Shadow X Ascendant

Artifact or Trinket , It sounds very cool, especially if is Fear Elemental, since the rewards of dreamscape seems to be all Fear Based. I Think will be more Artifact than Trinket, since all Trinkets are DA-Only And The Inn Challenges offers rewards for both DA and NON-DA.
Edit - Don't you guys hate when that happen ?? https://imgur.com/a/cdEUC

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 4/9/2018 14:59:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 115
4/9/2018 15:00:07   
godofthunder4

I cannot beat Sporca for the life of me. Iím level 85, and tried Doomknight, Evolved Dragonlord, Pyromancer, Kathool Adept, Entropy, etc.
DF  Post #: 116
4/9/2018 15:02:01   
Shadow X Ascendant

Equip Ranger, On Page 2 you can check my Strategy to beat Him and The Dream Duo. I will leave it in DF Battle Strategy Too.

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 4/9/2018 15:20:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 117
4/9/2018 15:05:36   
godofthunder4

Thank you.
DF  Post #: 118
4/9/2018 20:38:28   
Sakurai the Cursed

quote:

Y'know, Sakurai, Daggers do work with mages, too, just in case you didn't know, so you could opt to be a Dagger wielding Mage/Ascendant--that's what I am.

Er, yes, I know. I have a few daggers, but I'm not sure the relevance of that.

quote:

Also I know that they're Pierce and Melee Locked, the reason I recommended a dagger/axe would be to get yourself a passive +15% PowerBoost, but Scythes work for that, too.

Well, again, it doesn't matter. You get the bonus just the same even with a staff because the moves do not use the attack type of your weapon, you just need Dex and/or Str to be higher than Int. I may not like Ranger all that much, but I'm aware of how it works; I have posts detailing the best build for it based on its mechanics even.

@Eragon - Just because people complain that it's easy doesn't mean it has to be the hardest challenge in the history of challenges. Being rather easily beatable in 1 try with normal questing gear is hardly a challenge at all, is it? But there's a middle-ground there y'know.

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 4/9/2018 20:45:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 119
4/10/2018 8:24:19   
weaseloo

What is the Deathknight strategy? I can't find it here. Or the Paragon strategy, I barely use that class and want to try it.

< Message edited by weaseloo -- 4/10/2018 8:27:25 >
Post #: 120
4/10/2018 11:21:07   
toannghe1997

@weaseloo
you can find the deathknight strategy in page 3 and 4.
AQ Epic  Post #: 121
4/10/2018 11:46:25   
weaseloo

K thanx, but I actually want to try paragon. Any strategy for that?

Ok, I beat the duo with ease with DK. Only used 2 potions.

Please do not double-post. It is considered spam and only clutters the page. Next time use the button to add in any additional information to your post. If you do accidentally make an extra post then use the button to delete that extra post. For more information, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting Behavior. Thanks!
~golden

< Message edited by golden1231 -- 4/10/2018 17:30:13 >
Post #: 122
4/10/2018 12:51:10   
BluuHorseOfficial

The Paragon is like the DK, but uses Life Tap instead along with its passive Fear Aura. Itís less effective, however...

Also, yeah, regarding the Ranger, having DEX or STR as your main gives you a +5%boost, having both nearly equal gives you +15% boost, but you may have already known that.

< Message edited by BluuHorseOfficial -- 4/10/2018 12:53:48 >
DF  Post #: 123
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Design Notes April 6th, 2018
Page 5 of 5<12345
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition