Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 10 of 10«<678910
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/21/2018 15:30:15   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

quote:

How do I use Immortal Chronomancer? I've been trying to do the 100k dmg thingy.

The general idea is to get Infinity Rift stacked to 4, then use "Taking Eternity" (3) to increase your damage, then get to 4 stacks of Temporal Rift + 10 (or more) seconds of damage and use Speed Abrasion (4). That's the general idea behind the class. It's a little more complicated than that in actuality and you will need to sometimes adapt on the fly, but I don't want to write it all again, so I will just quote my old post a couple pages back.

quote:

Your first priority should be to get both Infinity Rift and Temporal Rift to at least 4 stacks (4 stack is the max for both, but you don't want to have 3 or less of either, it will only decrease your overall damage), at which you then use 3 > 4 to nuke. This is usually done by spamming 2 and 5 until the second Rift you apply is at 4 stacks, you will need to do some counting yourself, you can't always rely on a set pattern all the time, because missing one skill can make you need to spend longer time stacking, if your Deadlock stacks get used up to applying a state that you already have applied ("Enter Infinity" and "The Fourth Dimension"). Once you have both stacked to 4, you use 3 for the damage boost/heal and 4 for the big juicy hits. The first nuke is usually lower than the rest, because you don't have the 30% damage boosts on all your attacks prior to setting up the class.

Once the damage boost is applied and you have been through the first full rotation, depending on how much you stacked your Rifts, you should be able to apply Temporal Rift again by 1, 2 or 3 uses of 5 (if you stacked your last Rift to 4, it should be 3, if you stacked your last Rift to 5, it should be 1). You should always focus on getting Temporal Rift applied first from this point onward. Once you see your first applied Temporal Rift, switch between using 2 and 5 until you have used 5, 4 more times. If every one of them hits, you should be at 5 Temporal Rift stacks, or "the rule of 5" as I like to call it. By doing this, you run out the 10 second damage window all the way to the end, if not a little bit over (you can get away with using 5 a total of 6 times with a haste boost like SC or LC and still be just within the 10 second timer), which is preferred to having unspent time for possible damage. Once you have the Temporal Rift stacks in place, just use 3 and 4 again, both should be off cooldown at this point, the timing works perfectly like that.

On the 3rd nuke and onward, if you do everything correctly (and everything has hit), you can instantly apply Temporal Rift again by using 5 and then just repeat the steps in the 2nd rotation and you are using it as efficiently as possible. Sometimes if you miss, it can be better to spend an extra second applying 1 more Deadlock for each miss to make sure your next Temporal Rift can be applied immediately, it's not crucial though, it can save a couple seconds at most, but worth noting. By stacking to what is essentially 5 Temporal Rift stacks on the 2nd go around an onward, you line up your Deadlock stacks to be exactly 3 at the end, which is what makes you able to apply "The Fourth Dimension" and by extension Temporal Rift, instantly. Because you never use up your Infinity Rift stacks and they last 90 seconds, just applying it once via spamming both 2 and 5 will reset the timer and make it so you can also re apply the damage boost on 3, every time.

Note that if you let Infinity Rift fade, either by dying, switching class, being AFK for too long etc. you will need to go through the whole set-up process again.

Having it at rank 10 also helps a lot, due to the crit rate increase, which not only increases your chance of massive damage on nuke crits, but also makes bigger hits more consistent by extension of the amount of crits leading up to Speed Abrasion means a lot. Also keep in mind that you will likely need damage boosts and/or Awe triggers mixed in to be able to reach 100k+ at any consistent rate, assuming no support classes.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 7/21/2018 15:31:33 >
AQW  Post #: 226
7/21/2018 17:29:19   
majesticstar3800

I thank you for the really in depth analysis. It looks even more complicated than SSoT from first glance, but I will definitely work on it. My first nuke can build up to my 2nd nuke and 3rd nuke and so on, or no?

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 227
7/21/2018 17:48:32   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

You always lose your Temporal Rift stacks when you use Speed Abrasion and with the cooldown on it being as high as it is, there's no way to use a prior nuke's damage to increase your next one. Luckily it rarely takes more than a couple good crits to take down mostly any boss worth killing, with enough supports/damage boosts.

Even just a 15% damage boost weapon can increase your damage significantly since the damage boost's extra damage gets multiplied several times in the end, resulting in more or less double the effect of the item's normal boost value on the nuke, I find.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 7/21/2018 17:49:54 >
AQW  Post #: 228
7/21/2018 17:50:55   
majesticstar3800

Got it. The fuzzy thing with this class seems to be, at least for me, the difference between "Enter Infinity" and "Infinity Rift" and such. the skill wording may seem a little unclear to me at times.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 229
7/21/2018 20:42:53   
Stronius

It's phrased like that, because the 2 and 5 skills both have stacking effects, which need to be stacked up to 4 before either of them apply their real effects. For the first 3 stacks of your 2 and 5, all you get is "deadlock", which does literally nothing. The "Enter Infinity" just lets you know that the deadlock is fully stacked.
AQW Epic  Post #: 230
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 10 of 10«<678910
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition