Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 10 of 17«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/21/2018 15:30:15   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

quote:

How do I use Immortal Chronomancer? I've been trying to do the 100k dmg thingy.

The general idea is to get Infinity Rift stacked to 4, then use "Taking Eternity" (3) to increase your damage, then get to 4 stacks of Temporal Rift + 10 (or more) seconds of damage and use Speed Abrasion (4). That's the general idea behind the class. It's a little more complicated than that in actuality and you will need to sometimes adapt on the fly, but I don't want to write it all again, so I will just quote my old post a couple pages back.

quote:

Your first priority should be to get both Infinity Rift and Temporal Rift to at least 4 stacks (4 stack is the max for both, but you don't want to have 3 or less of either, it will only decrease your overall damage), at which you then use 3 > 4 to nuke. This is usually done by spamming 2 and 5 until the second Rift you apply is at 4 stacks, you will need to do some counting yourself, you can't always rely on a set pattern all the time, because missing one skill can make you need to spend longer time stacking, if your Deadlock stacks get used up to applying a state that you already have applied ("Enter Infinity" and "The Fourth Dimension"). Once you have both stacked to 4, you use 3 for the damage boost/heal and 4 for the big juicy hits. The first nuke is usually lower than the rest, because you don't have the 30% damage boosts on all your attacks prior to setting up the class.

Once the damage boost is applied and you have been through the first full rotation, depending on how much you stacked your Rifts, you should be able to apply Temporal Rift again by 1, 2 or 3 uses of 5 (if you stacked your last Rift to 4, it should be 3, if you stacked your last Rift to 5, it should be 1). You should always focus on getting Temporal Rift applied first from this point onward. Once you see your first applied Temporal Rift, switch between using 2 and 5 until you have used 5, 4 more times. If every one of them hits, you should be at 5 Temporal Rift stacks, or "the rule of 5" as I like to call it. By doing this, you run out the 10 second damage window all the way to the end, if not a little bit over (you can get away with using 5 a total of 6 times with a haste boost like SC or LC and still be just within the 10 second timer), which is preferred to having unspent time for possible damage. Once you have the Temporal Rift stacks in place, just use 3 and 4 again, both should be off cooldown at this point, the timing works perfectly like that.

On the 3rd nuke and onward, if you do everything correctly (and everything has hit), you can instantly apply Temporal Rift again by using 5 and then just repeat the steps in the 2nd rotation and you are using it as efficiently as possible. Sometimes if you miss, it can be better to spend an extra second applying 1 more Deadlock for each miss to make sure your next Temporal Rift can be applied immediately, it's not crucial though, it can save a couple seconds at most, but worth noting. By stacking to what is essentially 5 Temporal Rift stacks on the 2nd go around an onward, you line up your Deadlock stacks to be exactly 3 at the end, which is what makes you able to apply "The Fourth Dimension" and by extension Temporal Rift, instantly. Because you never use up your Infinity Rift stacks and they last 90 seconds, just applying it once via spamming both 2 and 5 will reset the timer and make it so you can also re apply the damage boost on 3, every time.

Note that if you let Infinity Rift fade, either by dying, switching class, being AFK for too long etc. you will need to go through the whole set-up process again.

Having it at rank 10 also helps a lot, due to the crit rate increase, which not only increases your chance of massive damage on nuke crits, but also makes bigger hits more consistent by extension of the amount of crits leading up to Speed Abrasion means a lot. Also keep in mind that you will likely need damage boosts and/or Awe triggers mixed in to be able to reach 100k+ at any consistent rate, assuming no support classes.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 7/21/2018 15:31:33 >
AQW  Post #: 226
7/21/2018 17:29:19   
majesticstar3800

I thank you for the really in depth analysis. It looks even more complicated than SSoT from first glance, but I will definitely work on it. My first nuke can build up to my 2nd nuke and 3rd nuke and so on, or no?

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 227
7/21/2018 17:48:32   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

You always lose your Temporal Rift stacks when you use Speed Abrasion and with the cooldown on it being as high as it is, there's no way to use a prior nuke's damage to increase your next one. Luckily it rarely takes more than a couple good crits to take down mostly any boss worth killing, with enough supports/damage boosts.

Even just a 15% damage boost weapon can increase your damage significantly since the damage boost's extra damage gets multiplied several times in the end, resulting in more or less double the effect of the item's normal boost value on the nuke, I find.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 7/21/2018 17:49:54 >
AQW  Post #: 228
7/21/2018 17:50:55   
majesticstar3800

Got it. The fuzzy thing with this class seems to be, at least for me, the difference between "Enter Infinity" and "Infinity Rift" and such. the skill wording may seem a little unclear to me at times.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 229
7/21/2018 20:42:53   
Stronius

It's phrased like that, because the 2 and 5 skills both have stacking effects, which need to be stacked up to 4 before either of them apply their real effects. For the first 3 stacks of your 2 and 5, all you get is "deadlock", which does literally nothing. The "Enter Infinity" just lets you know that the deadlock is fully stacked.
AQW Epic  Post #: 230
7/23/2018 21:28:40   
Apetest

Hey guys, do anyone of you knows how many range types there’s for the skills in aqw? Like low range, full range, etc...
DF AQW  Post #: 231
7/24/2018 1:55:06   
  Shadowhunt
Snow Angel, Bug Hunter, Class Tester

There are four: short (melee), 401, long, and full. They go in that order from least to most range.
AQ AQW  Post #: 232
7/24/2018 2:07:47   
Apetest

401?
Also, if it's not much to ask, can you provide some examples?
DF AQW  Post #: 233
7/24/2018 21:18:03   
  Shadowhunt

Examples of 401? Dragonlord has a few, I think. (L)EDC has one on its second skill. I'm pretty sure the first skill of Harbinger/Soul Cleaver has 401 as well. There are probably a few others. It's really uncommon.
AQ AQW  Post #: 234
7/24/2018 21:41:22   
Apetest

Thank you Shadowhunt.
Can you give me some examples for short, long and full too please?

< Message edited by Apetest -- 7/24/2018 21:56:15 >
DF AQW  Post #: 235
7/24/2018 22:27:43   
Aura Knight

What does a 401 range even mean? I can understand the rest of them fairly well but that one is new for me and I guess everyone else who isn't involved in the process of working on classes.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 236
7/25/2018 3:02:21   
Edme MacHeath

What was up with the near infinite only horizontal range of ranger before it got changed to be horizontal or vertical?

Was that a bug, because it essentially created a 5th type.

< Message edited by Edme MacHeath -- 7/25/2018 3:03:08 >
AQ  Post #: 237
7/25/2018 15:53:57   
  Shadowhunt

@Apetest: These are just off the top of my head so I may be wrong. Short is just melee range so a standard auto attack. Long would be something like Shaman's skills. Full is something like Aphotic Overdrive (Abyssal Angel) and maybe Enigma (Chaos Slayer). Basically full can hit anything on the screen, even if it has a really low zoom level, while long can hit most stuff but not everything. I'm pretty sure most "ranged" skills are long, which is sufficient for most maps to hit everything. A few maps have lower zoom, though, so not everything can be hit by long range.

@Aura: I'm not sure anyone really knows, except for maybe the person who created it. We just know it's basically medium range. It's slightly more than melee range but it's not quite long range.

@Edme: That was before I was working on the classes so I don't really know, but I would assume it was just a bug or an incorrectly entered range that somehow had X set for something like full range but Y set to pretty much none. I can't see any feasible reason to have that as an actual range since it clashes with how everything else works, so it was probably just a bug.
AQ AQW  Post #: 238
7/28/2018 6:28:23   
you stop

Does Glacial Berserker's Curse Of The Ancestor stack? I tried playing with the enhancements and went full thief just to keep the debuff going with the extra haste. It seems as if the debuff is applied and reapplied one after another then expires one by one. It goes a little like this:

a. 1st instance applied
b. 2nd instance applied
c. 1st instance expires
d. 3rd instance applied
e. 2nd instance expires
(n). (n)th instance applied
(n+1). (n-1)th instance expires
(n+2). (n+1)th instance applied
(n+3). (n)th instance expires
AQW  Post #: 239
7/28/2018 9:28:06   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

It does in fact stack, I actually never thought of that. All the more reason to apply Calm Before the Storm as much as possible.

I was able to stack it 6 times on the Testing Server (-30%, or -0.30 on the testing servers with each stack of it being -0.05), due to the lack of a haste cap and thanks to the extra haste from Glacial Storm. With the current 50% haste cap, it will rarely matter, because even if you apply it twice, the actual time of which you have -10% is such a small window which would only affect 2 of your skills anyways.

Why it would apply and fade separately I don't think anyone but the one(s) who made the class can tell you. Since it is separate instances of the same effect, it doesn't stack as much as it just applies in multiple segments.
AQW  Post #: 240
7/28/2018 19:51:01   
Yivlya

I just recently bought Infinity Knight class and performed some test runs. It turns out the massive DoT from Incinerating Era is not based on Temporal Rift stacks but rather Temporal Shift stacks on the enemy. I have a video link to show that despite having 15 Temporal Rift stacks, once you move to a different enemy target, and use Incinerating Era, the DoT was only about 200. Though Temporal Rift was consumed, the DoT was not influenced by the stacks.

I did some test runs to test whether Temporal Shift influenced Incinerating Era in bludrutbrawl (I don't have a video for this). It turns out that applying Temporal Shift to enemy players (if they still have the effect) and then using Incinerating Era, the DoT was consistent with the number of Temporal Shift stacks; the more Temporal Shift stacks, the higher the DoT. On the contrary, it did not matter if I had Temporal Rift stacks (even at maximum stack) because by switching to a different enemy player and using Incinerating Era without apply Temporal Shift to the target, the DoT was again around 200 or did not registered on the target.

I don't know if this was a bug or error, but honestly, this class was a complete disappointment.

Video Link: https://vimeo.com/282142251
Post #: 241
7/28/2018 20:18:18   
you stop

@above I believe that's intentional. Temporal Rift is a self stacking mechanic that only affects the HoT. Shift on the other hand affects the DoT dealt on the enemy. To prove this, try stacking Strike of Dawn to 15 on one enemy, head to a different enemy and then apply Daybreak on that new enemy. You will receive a fully stacked HoT on yourself as well as stunning the enemy. This is due to the fact that the enemy has 0 stacks of Temporal Shift and so it triggers the Stun part of Daybreak, while you having Temporal Rift on yourself means the HoT of the said skill is also triggered. Regarding Incinerating Era, it's a just a typo where it says it's affected by Rift and not Shift

You can watch Sync's guide on the class. He explained why they had to make Temporal Shift a thing apart from Temporal Rift.

Final note, the class is disappointing as a soloing class, compared to other calendar classes. Where it truly shines, though, is the Testing Servers. The class deals about 4x more damage than usual with its DoT abilities.

@Metarkirby ye the 50% Haste Cap makes it just barely a 2 second window. I just got curious when I was trying out the class again and was seeing how much damage Spiral Carve gives, and I got interested in something else entirely

< Message edited by you stop -- 7/28/2018 20:23:58 >
AQW  Post #: 242
7/30/2018 21:16:07   
majesticstar3800

I don't know how difficult it is to change/tweak classes(no real experience on the development/coding side) but with the stream of Revitalizations and the upcoming 10th anniversary I would not mind seeing a sweeping rework of the outdated and unused classes in AQW. I think the work that went into awesome classes like VHL, LightCaster, etc. can be implemented into old classes. Maybe having animations for the Reputation classes, making sure numbers stay up to date with power creep(which is inevitable tbh maybe until bosses get special quirks) and to make sure different class themes can be fully realized. I think the majority of the suggestions in the Suggestions section can be utilized, while I guess the tough part would be the coding and testing.

But hey, classes I think make up for a significant aspect of AQW gameplay, and as someone who likes variety, having different, viable classes at my disposal sounds great. Might make game strategy a bit spicier and less of "VHL master race." There's some real potential for this game, and I like the simple 4-skill+ item format much like MOBAs or even Pokemon.

(*Totally just a rant so I can use Rustbucket LOL*)
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 243
8/3/2018 10:37:18   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

I just noticed something odd, Immortal Chronomancer's last skill is applying some sort of buff called "Moglin p3" when used. It's only that 1 skill which applies it, and only on the Artix Server from what I can tell. Think this has something to do with a future class, like when LBMA applied "Ancestral Rage" with it's first skill, before Glacial Berserker was released? Or maybe it's just some very weird and meaningless thing that happened when the Artix Server shut down earlier today.

The "buff" lasts for well over 4 minutes (I stopped timing after 4 minutes), so it's probably just some random thing that doesn't do anything.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 8/3/2018 11:48:46 >
AQW  Post #: 244
8/3/2018 14:56:21   
majesticstar3800

I saw it too, I hope then, following your theory, that it becomes a Moglin class for the 10th anniversary. haha.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 245
8/3/2018 15:06:14   
Aura Knight

Maybe this means we'll be seeing a moglin related class in the near future or some moglin potion that gives that effect.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 246
8/3/2018 16:08:17   
Apetest

quote:

I saw it too, I hope then, following your theory, that it becomes a Moglin class for the 10th anniversary. haha.

Oh god please no, don't let this be the 10th anniversary class please.
DF AQW  Post #: 247
8/3/2018 16:58:50   
Tyroniter

Whatever happened to the Monster Hunter class?
AQW  Post #: 248
8/4/2018 11:12:08   
gears3375

Hello everyone I was wondering about this question for years now.
Does Doomknight Overlord's rank 10 hidden skill really exists?
As you may know normal Doomknight also has a skill named Doomstrike that automatically gets triggered and deals 50x damage.This is specified.We know the amount of damage and everything.Its existence also has been proved countless times.However even if I have seen hundreds of Doomstrikes I have never, not even once , seen Doomknight Overlord's rank 10 skill.
According to wiki it is named "Death Knell" and deals massive damage.So it is just like Doomstrike then? Or like Paladinslayer's rank 10.
I have been using Doomknight Overlord ever since it came out and never saw it happening.
If nobody else saw it happening can developers invest this?
Post #: 249
9/14/2018 20:29:36   
you stop

lightmage class hrmmmmmmmmm
AQW  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 10 of 17«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition