Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 12«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/21/2018 14:09:39   
  Shadowhunt
Snow Angel, Bug Hunter, Class Tester

So basically what you're looking for is a farming class and possibly a support class that use Lucky enhancements. In which case, you're covered for farming with Abyssal Angel and Chaos Slayer. You could also get Vampire Lord when it comes back, but since you have Abyssal Angel already it's not going to be quite as significant of an upgrade. For support, Stonecrusher is always the top pick, though pretty much any party you find will have at least one already, so you probably don't need to get it.

AQ AQW  Post #: 26
5/21/2018 22:28:38   
Aruru

Okay, thx. How would I go about adjusting the stat build to not mess up Legion Doomknight or Abyssal Angel's stats? my stat build for them is currently: Weapon (Luck Awe, Mana Vamp), Armor ( Fighter for LDK, Spellbreak for Abyssal Angel), Helm (Spellbreak), Cape (Hybrid). Though I can go with Chaos Slayer instead. My only issue was the heal not being dependable, but I'm willing to try if it means less class hopping/enhancement swapping.

Edit:when you say use Lucky enhancements, did you mean something like have the armor as primary enhancement and the rest as Lucky? Took me a sec to for that to come to mind.

< Message edited by Aruru -- 5/21/2018 22:39:01 >
Post #: 27
5/22/2018 2:49:31   
thulsa doom

@Aruru
The current Enhancement system in AQW gives the best results (most damage) if you simply use Full Luck on all Melee Classes and Full Wizard for all Caster Classes.
The Classes that Shadowhunt mentioned would all function quite well with a Full Luck build. AbA and Vamp Lord could alternately be used with a full Wizard build -- or mix and match if you want.
The point is Wiz and Luck are all you really need, but if you reeally want only one enhancement type, I'd recommend that you forego Wiz and just go full Luck.

< Message edited by thulsa doom -- 5/22/2018 2:53:39 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 28
5/22/2018 3:18:05   
Tyroniter

Since StoneCrusher works pretty well with both Full Luck and Full Wiz, I'd say a good combo for either of those builds would be something like LightCaster - soloing/support, Shaman or BlazeBinder - farming & StoneCrusher - support for Full Wiz, and LDMK or Void Highlord or SSOT or IC - soloing, Eternal Inversionist or Vampire Lord - farming & StoneCrusher or Archpaladin or Arachnomancer - support for Full Luck. Added to that you can always throw in utility classes like Darkblood Stormking for Full Wiz or Chaos Slayer for Full Luck. Also apart from LightCaster and UOK, does a Full Wiz build not have any other classes that are built for soloing?
AQW  Post #: 29
5/22/2018 6:30:55   
Aruru

@Tyroniter & thulsa doom
Thanks for the clarification and information. I didn't realize that would help me with classes that had different base stats and I probably turn down the thought in the past because I was so busy going exactly by what that one small part of the design notes said. I start trying out that build from now on and see with what I can come up with.
Post #: 30
5/24/2018 6:05:22   
you stop

tbh Full Wiz stonecrusher's HoT isn't that big of a number compared to its Full Luck counterpart. full luck's magnitude multiplier on 5's DoT is even greater than full wiz's

also would anyone know what are the percent chances of HP Vamp and Mana Vamp? I seem to notice the sync thingy with Mana Vamp more often although it does less damage.

< Message edited by you stop -- 5/25/2018 7:05:43 >
AQW  Post #: 31
5/26/2018 0:28:41   
Yoshino
Class Tester Guru
Stoof Dooer

Casually just dropping a few random class updates don't mind me!

quote:

AQW Class updates for 05/25/18

Doomknight Overlord
Misama - Reduced mana cost to 35.

Protosartorium
Updated class with grammar fixes.

Lightcaster
Burned by Light - Description updated

UndeadSlayer
Rejuvenation - Description updated
Exorcise - Increased damage
Exorcise - hits up to 4 targets

Evolved Clawsuit
Mana regen model has been changed.

Cuppycake
No longer reduces the playerís haste.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 32
5/26/2018 0:37:16   
Ryuyasha

Great change to Evolved Clawsuit!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
5/26/2018 3:53:30   
you stop

I tried out the Evolved Clawsuit class (prismatic). It still had massive mana issues. I was barely able to solo Ultra Alteon from /alteonbattle with Mana Vamp. I was thinking of using HP Vamp too just so I could just go to spamming 2 then pressing 3 once in a while but with the Mana Vamp, I was forced to spam 3 just for some miniscule heals. The base damages of the class is barely enough to actually sustain through its mana consumption. I'm not asking to buff the sustain. It can survive with whatever heal it has. It just needs some mana buffs or something. There's still nothing to speak of this class by the end of the day.

Also, tried out the difference between Full Wiz and Full Luck. Barely any difference except maybe about 10 points per tick on the HoT and DoT. I guess Full Luck works better for the autoattacks just to hope I can get more mana back.
AQW  Post #: 34
5/28/2018 15:36:33   
Aruru

I need some further advice on my classes. I've been trying to decide between Legion Doomknight and Scarlet Sorceress to be my bossing class. LDK kills faster but has less range and building the stacks are annoying at bosses that have many players that like to spread out causing the boss to go all over the place and make you melee skills and auto attack not work. SS has better survival rates when I keep up the rotations but takes much longer to kill bosses with 100k-200k health. I've considered getting Vampire Lord next Mogloween or seeing if putting in effort to farm Void Highlord (which I have seen as a great damage dealer) when I have no pet to be worth the trouble when I have LDK and SS. I have 1k Legion Tokens and Festive Dracolich Rider pet in case they come out with a new Legion class as well.

What I wanted to know which of these would be the most time effective to have a good bossing class to take on today's common bosses with high health like the 7 Deadly Dragons to farm for the Keys, or bosses from new content like Drakonnan and Akriloth that you need to try and kill fast to try and get items with low drop rate or cycle through for quests for special items. Any helpful insight would be appreciated.
Post #: 35
5/28/2018 18:52:04   
Tyroniter

LDK no doubt. The only advantage SS has over it for soloing is survivability, but for regular bosses like the ones you mentioned, LDK will survive too, and offers a far greater damage output from SS last I remember. Moreover, in a party, LDK would offer more and benefit more from something like StoneCrusher too.
AQW  Post #: 36
5/28/2018 19:20:33   
Aruru

Okay thanks. I will stick with that then. I will just keep farming legion tokens to have them on hand in case then.
Post #: 37
6/3/2018 5:15:38   
Edme MacHeath

Evolved Clawsuit no longer has any mana issues provided you don't spam nice.
However it still isn't really any good. It can barely heal past the damage you take in a typical boss fight, the damage even with the mana model change isn't anything to write home about.

UndeadSlayer's problem has been rooted in being outshines in dps even against other classes. 200 auto attacks is unviable to get 200 spirit power, it takes far too long for such to happen, and spirit power fades far too quickly aswell. The change to 4 targets makes it seem like it would be a decent farming class but it doesn't work out as as soon as you get to around 20-30 spirit power it's first skill becomes too strong and one shots all the monsters, making sure you can't get any auto attacks and therefore spirit power fades.

My suggestion is to radically reduce the amount of spirit power stacks and have the ability to use skills to build spirit power instead of the auto attack. That way as a farming class or soloing class you don't need to worry about spirit power fading and it builds quicker and finalizes quicker to help it be viable against undead,

I will have to check on DoomKnight Overlord but it should really only make you use Miasma more often.
DoomKnight isn't very great in any area, about decent in every area, provided you have a full party which is a nice mechanic in theory but it limits the class, finding 4 other people to agree to join your party is hard. It's pretty mediocre still. 50/50 chance between a heal and a stun prevents it from soloing anything with more than moderate hp. It also prevents it from ever soloing anything that hits high.
It's damage is okay but still quite dated. It makes a good class however to use stone crusher probably one of the better classes to do so with aside from top tiers and calendar classes, but honestly you can say any class becomes amazing with a stone crusher

< Message edited by Edme MacHeath -- 6/3/2018 5:26:20 >
AQ  Post #: 38
6/16/2018 9:42:40   
you stop

test servers are back. i wish they transferred the changes to infinity knight into live servers. the class does about 3x more damage in test servers
AQW  Post #: 39
6/18/2018 7:28:31   
Tyroniter

So I recently picked up DeathKnight Lord, and after using it a bit, I have to say, I find it surprisingly fun to use. I remember when it was released that people said it was below par or something along those lines, but it seems pretty decent to me so far. Also, Full Luck enhancements is the way to go I assume?
AQW  Post #: 40
6/18/2018 11:52:31   
aaronarco

Was VampLord the latest class released? or either the Immortal/Eternal Chrono? Cuz it feels like ages since the latest class.
Post #: 41
6/18/2018 12:04:12   
aaronarco

yeah :/ this week's been unexciting in terms of items. The story is engaging yeah, but not rewarding as much. But the hype is still here cuz the OGDoomKnight is the focus. Hope it wont disappoint
Post #: 42
6/19/2018 3:04:50   
you stop

Anyone got damage charts on why Abyssal Angel is better with Luck than with Wiz? All guides on youtube keep saying Wiz but I've read somewhere here that the class is better with Luck.
AQW  Post #: 43
6/19/2018 5:04:44   
Lightning Sekkara

Just did a test, with full Luck Abyssal does around 560 non crit and 1.7k crits. The DOT does 40-360. With full wiz I did 360 non crit and 1.3k crits. The DOT was 50-500. I honestly think luck is better, but wizard if you want survivability since the HOT does 400+ per tick.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 44
6/19/2018 8:47:31   
you stop

Isn't the HoT reliant on damage taken? or am i mistaken
AQW  Post #: 45
6/19/2018 12:03:57   
Edme MacHeath

Abyssalís heal only does two things. Increase endurance/HP and apply a HoT.
I own Abyssal and I can confirm itís heal doesnít increase with anything except stats
AQ  Post #: 46
6/19/2018 21:15:04   
you stop

Alright thanks. So basically if I want better clear speed, Luck is the way to go.
AQW  Post #: 47
6/20/2018 7:40:34   
Tyroniter

Alright so I was playing with DeathKnight Lord when I noticed something weird happen. Was fighting the Darkness monsters in /bloodmoon and I used one of my skills and my mana just dropped to 0 for some reason. This wasn't the first time this happened, have seen it happen multiple times, with different skills. Don't know why it'd happen tbh, should I report it as a bug or is it some hidden passive skill or whatever, since DKL has a unique mana regen model, was thinking it could be due to that too, but idk, just seemed weird.
AQW  Post #: 48
6/20/2018 18:59:57   
Santient

Still, no one has respond to your matter huh.
Personally, I've not encountered such problem before; oddly since that's one of the class I perpetually use;
although at this point I'm still not sure how the 'Bones Gathered' stacks actually works, does it reset it stacks on every skill or just the last one.
Full luck is what I've always use for DkL, it seems quite balanced.
Post #: 49
6/20/2018 20:44:02   
Darches

Does Void HighLord do less DPS than Lightcaster?
What are the strongest classes in game right now for soloing, farmnig, support, etc.?
Is it just me, or does Glacial Warlord really STINK right now? What have they done to it!?

< Message edited by Darches -- 6/20/2018 20:47:19 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 12«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition