Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Design Notes: May 4, 2018: The Endless Invasion Challenge!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Design Notes: May 4, 2018: The Endless Invasion Challenge!
Page 10 of 12«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/7/2018 21:40:38   
Shadow X Ascendant

Maybe it's just a bug for you, for me i even making a glacing blow with Soul Pierce i still unlock Valour Impact, only if i get a "Miss" at soul pierce is when , V.impact is not unlocked, i am sure verlyrus will fix it soon

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 5/7/2018 21:49:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 226
5/7/2018 22:08:59   
Greyor_42

quote:

Maybe it's just a bug for you, for me i even making a glacing blow with Soul Pierce i still unlock Valour Impact,

Yeah, that souldn't be possible anymore, Verly changed that:

quote:

Quick Monday update:

Engine Version 14.2.43:

DEX now reduces Glancing Blow damage by a little more- DEX/1500 up from DEX/2000.
Glancing Blows no longer count as hits for skills or attacks that depend on previous attacks landing.
DF  Post #: 227
5/7/2018 22:54:05   
Eragon Dragus

Funny, even critting with the last hit does not even count as a 'hit connection' when the opposing monster is using shield anymore.

BSW just got a huge nerf. I just hope that this is a bug. I don't have much objection in making glancing blow not unlocking the combo skills, but the game should at least reward players for getting crits to unlock the other skills.

< Message edited by Eragon Dragus -- 5/7/2018 23:02:58 >
Post #: 228
5/8/2018 0:00:24   
Shadow X Ascendant

Totally Agreed, since the class i use 90% of time is BSW
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 229
5/8/2018 1:35:24   
Sylveonxy123

So for people at 600+, what strategies are you guys using, bc for some reason my strategy i used for doomknight on floors 500-600 just for the most part fails in floors 600+ and its becoming a lot harder to kill the togs now, im averaging more deaths than victories now.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 230
5/8/2018 1:53:43   
Shadow X Ascendant

Dmk Even beign ultra powered it still lacks a Shield, and that's what we need at the high levels

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 5/8/2018 1:54:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 231
5/8/2018 2:19:05   
Sylveonxy123

yeah, i mean for now im barely pushing forward, and i use stan with the void reflect as a "shield" for as long as i dont get 1 shot after i use it, its doesnt work too well, but it works well enough for now, i dont even know how i'll be able to get through nearly 400 more floors though with the togs this powerful.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 232
5/8/2018 2:32:54   
Ace Woodlink

Tortog, the Devourer of Taxes.

What I wouldn't give to have this little guy in real life...
MQ  Post #: 233
5/8/2018 4:10:19   
Sylveonxy123

Made it to the Devil's floor, I was not prepared for who I was about to fight. The 6th Lord of Salads, Togheart!
https://i.imgur.com/RYXUSFw.png
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 234
5/8/2018 6:36:26   
Sun Wukong

Is Verlyrus done with the Tog stat nerf?
Post #: 235
5/8/2018 6:42:13   
Baron Dante

^From the last page:
quote:

I actually did most of it over the weekend. I think the challenge is in a good spot right now. There may be a couple bugs to address, but balance wise, I think it's solid!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 236
5/8/2018 7:24:59   
Sun Wukong

^Alright

But I think it's not yet suitable for Togs to be insanely strong only in floor 715. Togs this strong should be n the 900th floor. I tire of changing stuff in my bag for a single fight with a 30% win rate even with DmK. This is the longest or perhaps the hardest challenge and I hope the final reward has the same capability of tier 3 armors or even stronger.

< Message edited by Sun Wukong -- 5/8/2018 7:56:43 >
Post #: 237
5/8/2018 7:54:38   
Giratina87

So apparently there's a secret Primordial Boss...

DF MQ AQW  Post #: 238
5/8/2018 8:30:12   
Fire alandry

100/1000. BSW is just amazing. With Leon and Artix B3 it takes 3 turns to kill a tog. But it's still long challange, especialy when you remember that tgey get stronger and stronger. Even now, their crits are 1000+ dmg...

I think I found a bug- I'm using Stan, and when it debuff a tog, the monster get 2 all res. till its turn. For example, tog with +4 all get +8 all, and in its turns it decrease to -11 (Stan+4).
DF  Post #: 239
5/8/2018 9:06:34   
Shadow X Ascendant

I wonder why Verlyrus thought that it could be a good idea making glacing blows not unlock required skill, even if i make 2 hits, 1 glancing and 1 crit, still not unlock, With "Miss" i understand, But now with this SW, MSW, BSW's Nerf (I don't remember any class that requires sucessful hit to unlock skill) some boss are getting way harder, like these Togs, Groundhog Dave, SSGO, Uthuluc. Verlyrus said that he wants the challenges to be possible, so, why make this?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 240
5/8/2018 9:39:19   
Roc

quote:

I actually did most of it over the weekend. I think the challenge is in a good spot right now. There may be a couple bugs to address, but balance wise, I think it's solid!

Still not enough, the Togs should be nerfed more. I'm in the 600+ floor and it feels like in the 999th. Also, this update scales down the BSW in the balance.
Post #: 241
5/8/2018 11:44:30   
Kurtz96

I am honestly losing motivation for this challenge. The reward don't seem worth it and not everyone has time for such a grind. I don't want to complain, but I feel a challenge like this unduly punishes people with jobs/studies or other outside commitments. The time thorn matrix was long but no where near this and with a maze there is always the excitement of being lucky and finding your way out of the maze quickly. Here is just becomes monotonous.

And I know what some people are going to say: this is an inn challenge, it's not meant for everyone. It is suppose to be hard etc.
And that is fine, but games should be challenging in a way that is stimulating or rewarding or otherwise enjoyable. This challenge isn't teaching you anything or rewarding you to find better equipment or innovative strategies. For example: imagine going to university and the only thing they do is have you answer 5+5=10 for 6 hours a day. That is not OK. And when you complain, the professor says: "Well, university(the inn challenges)" isn't for everyone, it is not a mandatory part of life(story line quests), so this is OK."

Time thorn is a good way to design a grind challenge, this is not.
Anyways, these are my thoughts about this challenge. I guess I will still try, but this might be the first time I don't finish and Inn challenge the weekend it is released. Plus having to do it twice for an alt.

This is not a rant, just expressing my disappointment. Also because I feel criticism is needed on this forum.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 5/8/2018 11:57:30 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 242
5/8/2018 11:55:52   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

This challenge wasn't intended to be a sprint or a marathon, it was intended to be more of a "Oh, I kinda feel like beating up a couple togs today" sort of thing. I added the line to take breaks in the design notes for a reason.
AQ MQ  Post #: 243
5/8/2018 11:58:29   
Kurtz96

I understand that, but like my university example: that has breaks too. Class is only 6 hours a day. It is still not OK. Like imagine if universities just had students answer basic arithmetic question for 6 hours a day with no stimulation or innovating game play. Parents, students, governments would not be happy.

And like I said, using the excuse "oh university(Inn challenges) are not for everyone(story line quests), so it is OK if they are like this." is not fine.

The other issue is that usually the final challenges on a board rely on beating the previous challenges (like the pet chimera) which would disadvantage players who have other commitments and don't have the time to grind through this challenge while otherwise being top players with optimal equipment and every other accomplishment.

EDIT: Before someone comes and says that University is not a good comparison because you pay for university, I know that it is not perfect. However, the average percentage a student contributes to university overall (my uni for instance has around 20000 undergrads, a couple thousand grad/PhD students, plus government funding and donations for rich people) is around how much a active supporter of AE contributes (0.01% about?) and if you are on the AE forums I assume you at least have bought something in some game.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 5/8/2018 12:19:56 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 244
5/8/2018 12:24:11   
s_venom

I am just bummed that there is no gold/exp from the monsters.
AQ DF  Post #: 245
5/8/2018 13:06:44   
Raphael 777

Reached floor 175 (from floor 135), going at a nice pace here, I might be able reach 300 or 350 by the end of the week. It sometimes gets a little tedious, but this is a nice change from nerve-racking boss fights. Fight some togs, take a break, then fight a few more. Quite relaxing to be honest.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 246
5/8/2018 13:58:39   
MapCurse

Yes :)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 247
5/8/2018 15:26:48   
Eragon Dragus

Why can't we unlock skill combos like BSW using last hit CRITS when monsters are using shields now? Is there no merit whatsoever to getting crits? It should be counted as last hit HITS. It's fine to not get skill unlock with glancing blows, but even crits during shield can't do that?

Please fix it Verly.
Post #: 248
5/8/2018 15:52:12   
Aryc

quote:

Fight some togs, take a break, then fight a few more. Quite relaxing to be honest.

Meanwhile on floor 355...
*Nuke hits* Ah!
*Stuns after nuke* AHHHH!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 249
5/8/2018 18:46:44   
Baron Dante

quote:

But I think it's not yet suitable for Togs to be insanely strong only in floor 715. Togs this strong should be n the 900th floor. I tire of changing stuff in my bag for a single fight with a 30% win rate even with DmK. This is the longest or perhaps the hardest challenge and I hope the final reward has the same capability of tier 3 armors or even stronger.

I'm not sure about this statement on how it's that hard "even with DmK". That implies DmK is definitely the best path to take. But are you sure that's the case?
The way I see it, part of this challenge is to manage your strategies. When the fight are still easy, you should find something that can blitz through the fights quickly and consistently. When the fights start to get harder, you need to adjust your strategy so that you can still win as consistently as possible, even at the cost of speed.
I sure didn't go through 1000 floors with just one strategy in mind. Sure, most of my strategies aren't available to others, but I went from starting with regular BSW strategies to including stuff like shields to my standard rotation in the fight, and eventually ditching BSW entirely, moving to SWoT instead, and not even a fully offensive one. Just offensive enough to get the fight done. By the 950's my strategy wasn't consistent enough, and I should've switched it up, but at that point I was like, nearly 20 hours in and couldn't be bothered, so... misery unfolded.

Oh, and also, the reward isn't worth it. It's just the same class it always was, so it's not like you HAVE to get it. I guess the only real use for this would be (Other than aesthetics) if you want access to TogSlayer all year around without saving it, having Armor Closet or Storybook, the latter two of which require DCs.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Design Notes: May 4, 2018: The Endless Invasion Challenge!
Page 10 of 12«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition