Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Design Notes: May 4, 2018: The Endless Invasion Challenge!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Design Notes: May 4, 2018: The Endless Invasion Challenge!
Page 12 of 12«<89101112
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/9/2018 21:58:21   
Kurtz96

I'm thinking about starting a new thread on favourite/best Inn challenges (since there can only be one, if only because that is how the words favourite/best work). People interested. Parts of this current discussion could be moved there.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 276
5/9/2018 22:11:59   
Giratina87

And since it's getting a little hot here, have an ice breaker...

Introducing, the Tog that makes us cry during certain parts of feel-good movies:
This...
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 277
5/10/2018 0:00:03   
Kurtz96

quote:

Introducing, the Tog that makes us cry during certain parts of feel-good movies:
This...

Why? I don't think there have been any sad movies with a character named Togog. And choosing a tog with the title strong opinions seems appropriate from the discussion we have been having.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 278
5/10/2018 0:00:30   
Eltar

@Greyor I was refering to the fallacy my mistake, either way you are right on this one :P
Post #: 279
5/10/2018 9:05:19   
BluuHorseOfficial

I guess Iíd quickly like to add a little to this discussion by saying that DragonFable has very less incentives for continuous playing in multiple days of the week other than wars. The inn challenges change that by having you farm items to complete challenges or farm challenges for items. This one is like that, and unlike the Timetorn Matrices, it gets harder over time. Over that, you even get to see adorable togs with funny and cute names. Why wouldnít you love that?
DF  Post #: 280
5/10/2018 9:27:38   
steambin96

I was just wondering, have items like trinkets and foods been nerfed before? I mean with the new Dex change Summon Honda is quite an asset for Dex heavy builds.
Post #: 281
5/10/2018 9:41:22   
Shadow X Ascendant

Not Yet
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 282
5/10/2018 10:54:00   
Baron Dante

quote:

I was just wondering, have items like trinkets and foods been nerfed before? I mean with the new Dex change Summon Honda is quite an asset for Dex heavy builds.

Things that need to be nerfed will probably be nerfed, though I doubt Summon Honda is one of those. If anything, I'd expect the 25 Poison resistance to take a hit rather than the skill.
Foods have gotten nerfs though: The Zard foods from Mogloween got their Stuffed effect greatly increased due to some of their effects being loopable, most notably the defensive one.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 283
5/11/2018 4:54:49   
Giratina87

@ Kurtz96 ... Honestly, I just cared about the Tog's title, not the name... also take a closer look on how I crossed out the "pi" from opinions to make it "onions"...

Then again, since I'd have to explain this and the whole point of the joke was lost, guess I just added more coal to fire... I'll shut up on this...
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 284
5/11/2018 5:18:20   
Sylveonxy123

Almost Done! Just 50 more floors till 1000!!!
And god dang does it get hard at 940+, with my doomknight strategy, i usually go past its 1st frenzy attack, and if super unlucky, i go through 2 loops b4 winning or dieing. Also the damage here is so great that normal attacks can even be a threat if hit on the high end as their damage range is like 450-1k+. But i should be able to push through and be done tomorrow! Hopefully without too many deaths.

< Message edited by Sylveonxy123 -- 5/11/2018 5:21:11 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 285
5/11/2018 7:25:18   
BluuHorseOfficial

@Sylveonxy123, Ayy! Good luck getting a Dreaming Togslayer! I, for one, donít have the patience to.
DF  Post #: 286
5/11/2018 7:26:04   
Shiny_Underpants

@Giratina
raises hand
I got it

quote:

~original: @BluuHorseOfficial
DragonFable has very less incentives for continuous playing in multiple days of the week other than wars. The inn challenges change that by having you farm items to complete challenges or farm challenges for items.

Farming isn't really content, though. I agree that challenges can be good for players who know the game well, and have powerful characters, but I'm inclined to say that an endurance test where you heal between battles is somewhat unnecessary. If each successive fight is harder, and you can fully stock between every fight, then what exactly is level 1 challenging that level 501 isn't? Successive fights of that nature can be interesting, but a thousand of them is a little excessive...

quote:

~original: @Baron Dante
Do you think a reskin of a class (and a badge) are worth hours and hours of grinding, and probably experimenting with strategies? No? Then you have the power to decide that it's not worth it, and you ignore it. If the lack of the badge bugs you so much, clearly it's worth the time?

I don't know, I just feel that funneling said players into many hours of mindless content isn't necessarily the best use of time. While it does allow for gameplay throughout the week (as Bluu stated above), it isn't really challenging; that is, you don't actually achieve anything (at least the first 900 times).
I suppose the fact that the preceding sentence's parenthesis looks like an exaggeration but isn't is what bugs me here...

The optional nature of the challenges is important to keep in mind, but probably shouldn't be used to excuse particularly weird balances (in this case, that would be balancing time more than anything else). These challenges are still a release, and so the majority of them (combined, since they're all meant to test different strengths and weaknesses) should appeal to a large-ish group of players.
All in all, I, and I believe many other players, will judge a release by its level of content. With a restricted staff count that is necessarily lower than it should be, but stretching releases out simply makes them unplayable for a lot of us. Add (or subtract, rather) that the challenges aren't even attempted by a number of players, and there's a certain trend that might develop.

Separating challenges or grinding from storyline content is good, though (looks at MQ sadly, and AQW vindictively), and so is making the longest challenge's reward completely optional (even Necro Paragon was better...). On the one hand, I'm annoyed that there's no or minimal content (depending on who you are) from this week's release, while on the other I'm glad I haven't missed out on any content by not being able to spend 20+ hours on it.

< Message edited by Shiny_Underpants -- 5/11/2018 9:01:34 >
DF MQ  Post #: 287
5/11/2018 11:43:48   
BluuHorseOfficial

^Oh, but there is a reward for it, the DMs! Itís still far better than dropping bombs on a bunch of skeletons. :o

However, yes, the ability to heal without leaving the system is quite... weird, to be honest. I guess if they just reduced all cooldowns to zero such that you could self-sufficiently heal or leave to heal and come back would be much more of a challenge. Thing is, with the 1st Tog, you donít have mechanics to deal with, but at, say, the 1000th Tog you have to deal with Togskin (All Resistance), Defenses, Healing, Enraging and Loud Barfing. Yes, I wrote Barfing specifically because... letís just say that Togs... Barf Barks? But I get what youíre hinting at, the ďchallengeĒ is far too convenient where it isnít a challenge but an endless grind. I literally am only at something less than 50, though, because Iíd do these at my own leisure, but Iíll definitely be motivated to if there was no healing between battles (hence making it a challenge, yay!) or at that moment when Dreaming Togslayer gets a full skillset or more skills, an animation (somewhat larger togs, I guess) update, or a passive thingy, healing, defenses, actual Togskin, or whatever else amazing the devs have planned , but until then I may not touch this update more than a slight occasional rub...

But anyway, the challenge, for the ten minutes I did it today, was quite interesting and I like the background changing, it makes the quest seem less monotonous.
DF  Post #: 288
5/11/2018 13:21:15   
Shadow X Ascendant

I guess now will be better to we wait June 1st For The Final DreamSpace Challenges - III
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 289
5/11/2018 16:18:15   
TFS

What I think is causing a bit of confusion here is that a few people think beating 1000 togs is the point of the challenge. It's not, it's supposed to be something you can come back to from time to time if you feel like beating up togs and grabbing a few Defender's Medals. Dreaming Togslayer is more of a commemorative souvenir than something you're intended to actively work towards; while there are people who want to beat 1000 togs all in a week and then never touch the challenge again, that's not how it was intended and you can't really call it bad design because of you chose to play in a way that wasn't intended.
Just my two cents. I really like this release, the tog names and steadily increasing difficulty keep it interesting and it's a viable way to farm DMs outside of wars.
DF  Post #: 290
5/11/2018 21:24:49   
Sylveonxy123

No lie, I feel kinda bad for this Tog especially since its at Level 976.

And yes, it died to me from my void reflect on its frenzy turn.

It is finally over!!!!!!!!!

Final Kill
Special Popup
Dreaming Togslayer Shop
Dreaming Togslayer In Battle

< Message edited by Sylveonxy123 -- 5/11/2018 23:41:31 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 291
5/12/2018 3:17:30   
Sun Wukong

I'm exited as I'm gonna claim my final reward as I enjoy every fight on every floor and I have sone thoughts.

In my opinion, the Dreaming Togslayer armor is worse as a reward than the Necro Paragon regarding its difficuly. Necro Paragon may be just a re skin but it also has different animation and that what makes it worth it, unlike the Dreaming Togslayer which has the same skill animation also it's the hardest and most time consuming challenge.

< Message edited by Sun Wukong -- 5/13/2018 19:43:12 >
Post #: 292
5/13/2018 7:12:50   
Renn Shadowheart

Tbh, I don't think Dreaming TogSlayer is a very good reward. Unlike Necro Paragon, which had its own skill animations, Dreaming TS doesn't have this. It also has the same skills as its original. If we are going to go through 1000 fights, I would expect a better reward. Such as a change in animation to Dreaming TS, or have an artifact which can change its skills to make it better. Right now, it's only use is as an armor that can be equipped without going to Armor Closet, which isn't much of an advantage really.

Anyhow, I did like the format of the challenge, but the 1000 fights thing is very tedious, and boring.
AQW Epic  Post #: 293
5/13/2018 7:47:31   
BluuHorseOfficial

It will get an update. Eventually...
DF  Post #: 294
5/18/2018 10:20:12   
steambin96

Maybe next update they'll to use the togs' skills but we have to reach level 2000 lol.
Post #: 295
5/23/2018 6:22:00   
Timsii

I say we go up till over 9000. Just so we can say "it's powerlevel is over 9000!". Togetta? Toggerot? Hehehe...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 296
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Design Notes: May 4, 2018: The Endless Invasion Challenge!
Page 12 of 12«<89101112
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition