Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= May 11th Design Notes: The Price

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= May 11th Design Notes: The Price
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/12/2018 8:42:07   
Shadow X Ascendant

@Flabagast, You know he is talking about Fire Golem Siofra, Right?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
5/12/2018 8:42:55   
dragon_monster

spoiler:

To me its pretty clear that Timmy is projecting these beasts. Its either him or the medalion or him trough the medalion. I think the medalion is there to suppress his power and protect him as shown with the jolt to the caretaker.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 27
5/12/2018 9:12:38   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

spoiler:

Except for the fact that 1. it's not multiple "beasts", it's all the same entity, 2. he doesn't come from wherever Timmy is, as he had to break through the orphanage wall to get in(note this is a very important counter to your idea, because if he really was getting projected by Timmy, he'd already be inside), and 3.he also very clearly has a will of his own and is hunting for something, and back in the first quest, we see a silhouette of him saying "I finally found it", which means he'd been looking in other places already, too.

@bluuhorse, Sorry to burst your bubble, but verly has already said on record that the only reason he hasn't implemented an IBR ban on Siofra was because it was already a long established challenge by the time he decided that IBR was a class that needed to be banned on certain challenges, and that if he had made that challenge now, there would be an IBR ban on it. So, for there not to be an IBR ban on the lava form, it would have to be an entirely different challenge that doesn't have to do with elemental resistances.
DF  Post #: 28
5/12/2018 9:35:51   
dragon_monster

spoiler:

Projected more like in how the fear and negative emotions created the creatures in mini saga. The being that transforms in elementals is this an emotion that is alive and the child trough his power or the amulets' power projected his fear and created that creature made it tangible alive. He transformed in Timmy's greatest fear. Maybe it was an elemental created by Xan that destroyed his village we know there strong who knows what else that scared him he met and he projected that emotion and gave it life.If I am lucky and transforms in an non elemental creature its even better.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 29
5/12/2018 9:49:07   
Greyor_42

^

spoiler:

Again, that's not how projecting works. Especially when done by a person or artifact. Abd again, We've seen Siofra as things other than his new lava form, which blows your "Xan made a fire elemental and now the kid is making it real because he's afraid" idea out of the water. And again, I have to stress, The Siofra in this quest is the exact same person as the one we fought in the last quest, and we saw the sihouette of in the first quest in this series. Your idea only remotely works if those two events never happened. But they did, so it doesn't.
DF  Post #: 30
5/12/2018 10:27:34   
dragon_monster

spoiler:

^I do not think you know how projection work either on Lore with magic that has no limit in what it can do. That being said the shapeshfiting being is an representation of his fears not fear but fears. Does he have to be only afraid of one thing? No its all of them into an being. As shown it does not have an actual body its smoke its nothing physical its something like the things we fought in them mini quest about emotions gotten on that board. If that entity shifts into not an elemental it will prove my point even more. By the way who is the writer for this saga?Oh wait San Robin. Also to be an fire elemental and an water one kinda hard to believe they literally harm one another because the opposite. Sure water and ice works, darkness and fire, light and fire, earth and fire but opposite elements no way. But if you do not have to respect such rules becasue your are not bound to them you respect the rules from the mind of an child

Fixed accidental profanity filter trigger. ~Karika

< Message edited by Karika -- 5/12/2018 14:18:16 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 31
5/12/2018 10:49:15   
Greyor_42

^

spoiler:

Umm, Siofra does have a physical body. We've seen it. Twice(though, one was a silhouette). What you thought was him "being actually smoke" was just him shifting to wind to escape. Like how he had shifted to water to escape the last time we fought him. Like I said, your theory only works if this is the only quest, and the other two quests never happened. Unfortunately, this is not a vacuum scenario,so your theory doesn't have much ground to hold onto here. Also, the things in the atgasedd questline wren't "projections". They were manifestations of lingering emotions. And even if they were projections, please note that they weren't made by a person, but the place itself. So even in that case, they originated very close to the thing that projected them. As for you question on who's writing this questline, it's San Robin.
DF  Post #: 32
5/12/2018 11:04:04   
dragon_monster

spoiler:

And I am saying that the boy or the amulet but mostly boy has so much power that it could project the emotion of fear in one single entity that can take the form of everything the boy fears far more effective then . And again that thing does not have an body its like the shapshifters from star trek there body less originally. Like this the entity its an body less being that can shift in the fears of this child. Thanks to the power of the amulet or the boy. By the way when we first meet this entity its close close to the boy so there is no problem with the proximity. It might be an very recent creation.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
5/12/2018 11:21:17   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Hmm. That was...curious, to say the least.

I'm still convinced that Cole is related to Demento. Nobody else has a perfect chiseled jawline like they do!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 34
5/12/2018 11:23:45   
Greyor_42

spoiler:

when we first see Siofra, we see his silhouete several hundred feet away from the orphanage as a sihouette hiding in the bushes, saying he's "finally found it", which very clearly shows that, up to that point, he'd been very, very far away, and looking for something for a significant amount of time. The next time we see him, he has to break through a wall to even get into the same room as Timmy. That's not close-range. Close range, would be a few feet, and in the same room. And lastly, he is sentient. No projections in Dragonfable have been sentient. As for the body thing you brought up with other shapeshifters, this isn't Star Trek, and we've explained this to you before: just because it works one way in one piece of fiction doesn't mean it works the same way in others. In fact, we've seen other shapeshifters in DF before, and they all have had original, physical bodies, so we should be drawing from them for proof, not a completely unrelated work of fiction that follows different rules.

@chaosweaver amon

I definitely agree with you there. That is an amazing jawline. How do they even get it?

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 5/12/2018 11:33:47 >
DF  Post #: 35
5/12/2018 13:06:46   
dragon_monster

spoiler:

Several hundred feet which I guess is the same as hundreds of meter is close its like the length of an footbaal stadium which I consider close. . Is it that hard to believe that if you have more power you can be projected at an greater distance?Yes its with sentience also and emotion which is fear projected in reality with sentience. I am talking here of of an level of power similar to an god with power to create sentient life.
Also do you net see how strange this shifter is all the other shifters we know of which are 4 can not transform in an element when they get defeated. Not an elemental an element. None of them could change from an physical body to become liquid or wind and I mean an breeze. They had to change to another smaller physical body or in case of vampires in fog which is smoke and mirrors because you can affect it by cutting it or trowing something and it cuts and gets hit like an physical body I mean what fog breaks an solid object when it comes in contact with?
This entity is strange does not respect the rules of shifters on Lore either. Its not bound to the rules of Lore.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 36
5/12/2018 22:48:19   
LurkBlackSmith

spoiler:

So Siofra used to have a stash of the pure crystallized essences of elements before coming to the nest?
DF  Post #: 37
5/13/2018 0:01:41   
Flabagast

@BluuHorseOfficial I don't know how I misunderstood that, this Siofra clearly has different mechanics. My apologies!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 38
5/13/2018 5:04:01   
Baron Dante

^Speaking of which, pretty sure this version is not only a reskin of the original Magman, but also has the same abilities. (Well, close enough)
There's two Magmen. One from the Fire War, while one predates that, being a challenge fight by Xan, to us. (Worth noting that these things are in the Fire Primal quest nowadays, and there's a recolor by the name of Metallotropic Amethyst in Frostval)

I'm mostly pointing this out because basically THIS FIGHT was considered one of the bigger challenges back when the level cap was 50. That version had more health, but had some big weaknesses, and could rarely be stunned. This version hits harder. Sure, we have an extra 35 levels since then, but still, I like how this used to be basically a huge challenge fight.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
5/13/2018 8:09:59   
dragon_monster

Well this version is so weak that I beat it with my base class and only lost 1/4 of my health. How much stronger we are now.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 40
5/13/2018 12:46:05   
BluuHorseOfficial

Or maybe that most questline bosses (and quests in general) are really weak. Just look at literally any foot bossfight for the any of the Orb Sagas. The only real threats I can pull out are ManaCrest and... the Tournament of Champions Bosses and... Falwynn? I guess? Well, that’s about it, really. But I do think this Siofra should’ve had thrice the health and twice the damage or something like that, then he would’ve been a pain, especially since you cam heal in the middle. Just look at the Energy or Ice Orb Sagas—it’s packed with fairly difficult quests which makes the whole chapter well worth it. Even the Fire War Saga wasn’t as difficult.

But about the reward, hmm...
DF  Post #: 41
5/13/2018 12:56:39   
dragon_monster

Now bosses are weak before the revamp of stats and classes there where more difficult. Now that stats actually do something especially luck and cha as I do not know if they even did something back then and only base classes where viable the rest not so much now I know how weak they actually should be the base classes.
Back then they quest bosses where an challenge.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 42
5/13/2018 16:01:44   
Ace Woodlink

What happened to the Seasonal Mother's Day shop? Was really looking forward to getting the level 50 versions of the Blooming Oleanderium and Luminous Midnight Wish weapons.

"It's only too many weapons if they're pointing in the wrong direction."
MQ  Post #: 43
5/14/2018 4:55:36   
docblade

I played it again and came up with a theory...

spoiler:

Maybe Siofra isnt the bad guy here, but just another victim. From what i saw, he seemed to have no control about his forms. It seems like someone told him "Hey, go to that village and destroy it. Someone in there has an amulet that will give you the control you seek. If you can find it, you can keep it" But Timmy escaped with the amulet and now Siofra is desperate to get his price and his peace.
DF MQ  Post #: 44
5/14/2018 6:05:08   
Greyor_42

@docblade
spoiler:

Remember, though, when we first fought him, he actively triggered his shape-shifting himself, which implies he does have at least some kind of control.
DF  Post #: 45
5/14/2018 8:23:36   
steambin96

Thanks to Verlyus for fixing the bug where crits that bypassed b/p/d wouldn't count towards unlocking skills that required prior hit connection
Post #: 46
5/14/2018 9:48:10   
Shadow X Ascendant

@above, Great, now i can finally finish Tog Invasion

And The way Siofra-Human changed To Siofra-Earth doesn't remember Aspar's Controlling Riadne in Tomix Saga Book 3 Final Part 2?

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 5/14/2018 17:36:55 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 47
5/14/2018 21:54:03   
Requilac

quote:

spoiler:

So will we see other versions of Siofra for each of the the other elements? I would be interested in a light and dark avatars. Also could we see versions outside the usual 8 elements. The version in the Inn also included silver, metal, and poison.

spoiler:

To my knowledge the odder elements mainly exist just to be damage types, so I doubt Siofra will manifest as one of them. So far we have seen the core eight as water, fire, earth, air, darkness, light, cold and electricity. Bacon and mana appear to have their own orbs, and we have seen fear elementals if i remember correctly. Silver, metal, poison, stone, nature and disease seem to exist solely for the purpose of weapon damage types. Or at least I can't recall them having any sort of philosophical impact in Lore. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't put my bets on Siofra manifesting as an element of any of those other elements within canon.

< Message edited by Requilac -- 5/14/2018 21:56:30 >
Post #: 48
5/15/2018 0:12:29   
Greyor_42

@Requilac

Fear is mana. And we have dealt with disease elementals before, though they were man-made. Also, where did you see that there's a "Mana Orb"? Mana as an element represents the complete lack of an element in magic, thus it wouldn't have an Orb.
DF  Post #: 49
5/15/2018 1:30:28   
Vaalirus

quote:

Mana as an element represents the complete lack of an element in magic, thus it wouldn't have an Orb.

Wouldn't that be the same as the void or nah?
DF  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= May 11th Design Notes: The Price
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition