Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= Design Notes June 1: DragonFable's 12th Anniversary Month!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Design Notes June 1: DragonFable's 12th Anniversary Month!
Page 1 of 512345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/1/2018 20:26:20   
  Karika
Level 1 Laughing Tog

quote:

Verlyrus
DragonFable's 12th Anniversary Month!

Hey there, Heroes!

It's DragonFable's 12th Anniversary! Hurray!

And that means... A month of Dragon related awesomeness!

This first week, a special treat for all the current and future Dragonlords who have supported us for all these years-

The Dragon base classes have been totally reworked!

Dracelix has redone the art for the Dragon classes, and I've done a massive overhaul of each one.

Dragon Warrior:

Channeling the raw fury and power of dragons, the Dragon Warrior has the ability to sacrifice resistances and critical hit rate in order to unleash incredible amounts of damage!

Risky to play, but very rewarding.

The Dragon Warrior has a 3rd part of the double/triple combo that warriors know and love- Unleash!

This attack does 6 hits of damage to your opponent!

Dragon Warrior's class ability is Dragon's Fury: Using Dragon's Onslaught and Dragon's Frenzy gives you an adidtional +100 Boost while both are active. Destroy all before you!

Dragon Rogue:

The Dragon Rogue takes a more subtle approach to combat. Armed with a variety of Dragon extracted toxins, the Dragon Rogue applies DoTs while being a defensive bastion at the same time.

The Dragon Rogue has access to 4 Toxins, applied when you use defensive skills. These DoTs will also steal some health for you when you attack an enemy afflicted by them.

Sneak around in the shadows, drain the life from your enemies, and finish them off with a surprise attack!

Dragon Mage:

The Dragon Mage is a master of the elements, using the power of the Dragons to weave a storm of chaos.

As you buff yourself and debuff enemies, the storm picks up, and the Dragon Mage uses the Dragon's Tempest to great effect.

As you build up your tempest, you gain additional critical hit chance against your target (up to +100 crit, 50% crit chance)! Strike while your foe is down!.

These classes are only available to Dragon Amulet holders!

You can find these classes either in the house Armor Closet, or from the Dragonsgrasp trainers!

This is only the first of many things to come this month!

We hope you'll join us for this month of awesome festivities!

Join us on the forums to discuss the many years of DragonFable, this week's release, and more!

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: Verlyrus
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
6/1/2018 20:35:12   
necro emperor

That... is something else. I'm glad they've got a much overdue revamp.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
6/1/2018 20:43:48   
Greyor_42

I absolutely love the revamp for Dragon Warrior. It's similar to Riftwalker in that it focuses purely on "moar damage!!!", but it does it in a completely different way that's still effective. And I'm pretty sure it has the highest possible Boost out of any class, at a total possible 245% while Dragon Flare is active. And even when it isn't, it still has a massive 195% Boost, and the Final skill is useful, even when you completely gut your Crit Rate with Onslaught.

Also, the aesthetics for the classes are very nice, so big props to Dracelix for them.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 6/1/2018 20:44:28 >
DF  Post #: 3
6/1/2018 20:53:58   
Shadow X Ascendant

Looks Like this month the Inn Challenge will be on second release, instead of First, well, i will farm the necro Paragon Cape to make a good set
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
6/1/2018 21:13:29   
Greldracion

Seems like the classes are breaking the game for me. I got a script error when the first hit of unleash was the killing blow and Dragon's ice soft locks the game, the animation takes place, but nothing happens, not even an unstuck. Otherwise, classes are pretty neat. We have a dedicated debuffer (that isn't pirate, ninja, or MSW), a true berserker class, and an assassin that is, quite simply, perfect for it's role.

Edit: Unleash was a fluke script error, did not repeat.

< Message edited by Greldracion -- 6/1/2018 21:21:18 >
AQ  Post #: 5
6/1/2018 21:36:48   
Jovan

These classes were worth the wait! Dragon Warrior may be my new favorite. It's very mana-hungry though. The triple color scheme is interesting.

< Message edited by Jovan -- 6/1/2018 21:39:21 >
AQ DF  Post #: 6
6/1/2018 21:43:25   
ArchNero

Lovin the dragon mage revamp.

I definitely like, what I see. I'll post the new effects on each skill from left to right in case anyones wondering.

Dragon's acid: Poison locked, reduce enemy all resist by 25, for 4 turns, cooldown of 9

Dragon's hax: Give enemy health resist of 40 for 2 turns, good for your bosses or enemies that like healing. Cooldown of 4

Dragon's cleanse: Remove DoTs or debuffs inflicted on the user. Cooldown of 4

Blind: -50 bonus for 4 turns with a cooldown of 7.

Sleep: Sleep for 3 turns, 25% boost for 4 turns. Cooldown of 14

Meditate: Restore 35% Mana and HP. Cooldown of 19. I definitely like this change a lot.

Thorny shield: 140+ BPD for 2 turns with a cooldown of 9

Attack button: Nothing different that I noticed.

Charge: + 20 boost for 5 turns, cooldown of 4

Dragon fire: Fire element locked, 30+ boost for 4 turns.

Dragon's ice: -20 boost, for 4 turns. Cooldown of 4

Dragon's breath: -50 MPM for 4 turns. Cooldown of 4

Lightning (Typo?, I think it's suppose to be named Dragon's spirit) : Grants dragon's spirit - 100 crit for 4 turns. Cooldown of 4

Mage fury: Same, nothing different

Final blast: Same, nothing different

I like the whole revamp as a whole, debuffs and buffs galore right here. Crit debuff I imagine would be pretty good, makes it more of a hassle for any enemy or boss to land any debuffs, DoTs or whatever, unless they have high BTH. Dragon's tempest passive is also nice because you have a pretty good chance of bypassing BPD buffs.

< Message edited by ArchNero -- 6/1/2018 21:55:34 >
Post #: 7
6/1/2018 21:48:08   
BluuHorseOfficial

Wow, okay! So we get amazing new things for the birth-month, wow! Revamps to the Dragon Base Classes which were earlier as useless as turnips? I am so glad I’ve been a player of this game for more than 6 years now, it really pays off.

Side note, the Dragon Base Classes seem to be really good. Will there ever be a Preview feature so people can choose which they want, so they’d spend DCs to switch classes? (Or maybe make switching cost 10k Gold for this week only? Pwease?) Dragon Mage seems really cool. For anyone that has it currently, are the spells’ animations updated? I kinda used to hate the basic fireball/energyball/iceball/windball... with the INT buff to Crit damage the added Crit would be useful. I was thinking... Prim—no, it can’t be—can it?

DragonWarrior definitely seems OP, too.
DF  Post #: 8
6/1/2018 21:52:30   
Shadow X Ascendant

And There it is: Shadow X, The Baltael's Necro DragonMage https://imgur.com/RO17Rux

@BluuHorse, DragonMage Too, Look:
Before = Poison = 30% Damage Dot On Enemy for 3 Rounds
Now = Dragon's Acid = -25 All for 4 Turns
Before = Root = -99 Flee on Enemy
Now = Dragon's Hex = +40 Health Resist on Enemy for 3 Rounds
Before = MP Target = Attacks Enemy's Mana
Now = Dragon's Cleanse = Clears itself from all Debuffs
Before = Meditate = Restores 10% Mana
Now = Dragon's Meditate = Restores 35% Mana AND Health

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 6/1/2018 22:13:32 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
6/1/2018 21:53:35   
steambin96

Dragon warrior? Oh you mean the new beserker class? Jokes aside i really like the new dragon warrior.
Post #: 10
6/1/2018 22:00:36   
GammaCavy

While I loved the revamp's skills, I'd always loved the colors of the sword matching your armor colors, and the loss of that is a bit disappointing. That little thing aside, it's great.

Happy Birthday Dragonfable! I look forward to many more years with you.
DF  Post #: 11
6/1/2018 22:06:43   
Greyor_42

@Shadow X Ascendant

The stun actually didn't change at all(except it now actually does damage). There was always a +25% boost on it.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 6/1/2018 22:14:47 >
DF  Post #: 12
6/1/2018 22:08:14   
Luckyjazzt

I love the warrior revamp. Not quite as powerful as Riftwalker, but more powerful than the base class. It's a version of the class thats right in the middle and very fun to use. I will definitely be using this a lot.
DF  Post #: 13
6/1/2018 22:13:19   
Shadow X Ascendant

@Greyor_42, Fixed. I Need To say, i don't used D.Mage Too Often, Now is my saved Class

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 6/1/2018 22:14:10 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
6/1/2018 22:20:11   
Kurtz96

The tier system has always been weird to me when there is a clear progression. Is there any advantage to using Dragon Warrior (tier 2) over riftwalker (tier 3)?

Like there are differences between necromancer vs deathknight, and certain classes have special utility (ranger, dragonlord), but for the evolution of base classes, won't the tier 3 versions be better?
And if riftwalker/cryptic/ascendant are not, then doesn't that invalidate the tier system?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 15
6/1/2018 22:25:51   
Luckyjazzt

Depends on what you're using them for. Riftwalker's offensive capabilities for the first ~ 5 turns are the best in the game, arguably better than Dmk. After that, the cooldowns kick in and the boost wears off. This class seems to me, having not played it a ton, to last longer, and be more durable. The tiers are kind of an overall guide, but tier 2 classes definitely have their place depending on what your doing, but an in depth explanation would probably be better in a thread for it.
DF  Post #: 16
6/1/2018 22:28:56   
Kurtz96

The riftwalker burst damage thing is know to me. But if such a thing exists, then doesn't that mean riftwalker should not be in tier 3?

Like people have said that Batael doesn't work with MSW since it would be in tier 4 and only DmK can be there. So clearly damage has something to do with the tiers. If riftwalker doesn't have the damage to hang in, should it be moved down?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
6/1/2018 22:32:57   
ArchNero

Oh dragon rogue. You might be my personal favourite revamp out of the 3. I have yet to try dragon warrior though.
Post #: 18
6/1/2018 23:23:02   
Recynon

Can you give us the option to have the old art for the armor shown, just like with Paladin and warrior?
Post #: 19
6/2/2018 0:05:46   
dragon_monster

Finally it came I waited so long for it and it came.Fun thing I went to the house to equip me dragonwarrior class that I forgot that I had it equipped but I could not see the difference after so much time between base and dragon one.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 6/2/2018 0:11:03 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 20
6/2/2018 0:18:29   
necro emperor

I think this might be the first time I'm regretting my main's base class choice of Warrior, because I really do like the Dragon Rogue's toxin effects would work for him. Oh well, if there's more anniversary stuff on the way then I can't really get too grumpy. ^-^'
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 21
6/2/2018 1:08:53   
ArchNero

I tried out dragon warrior. Not bad, pretty much smash your enemy, and smash them even harder down the line with that +100 boost, and then going to town with double, triple then unleash.

I'm gonna stick with dragon rogue in the end. I think it's because I've always been a fan of the DoT oriented classes like pyromancer, entropy, and IBR (At least with it's long winter skill).

Post #: 22
6/2/2018 1:17:46   
Shadow X Ascendant

Sporcaling Pet will be useful to D. Rogues, althought i still prefer 200 Protection Dragon
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 23
6/2/2018 1:19:28   
Ace Woodlink

Tested out Dragon Rogue in a couple of the Endless Tog fights.

It. Is. Beautiful.

Works pretty well in trash mob fights, too. Thanks to Smoke now throwing a dagger (that also applies a DoT), I can use Rapid Attack right after against another enemy while I let the DoT take care of the first one.

< Message edited by Ace Woodlink -- 6/2/2018 1:48:42 >

"It's only too many weapons if they're pointing in the wrong direction."
MQ  Post #: 24
6/2/2018 1:24:55   
RKC

Will the Doomed Dragon Scythe of Elementals be available?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Design Notes June 1: DragonFable's 12th Anniversary Month!
Page 1 of 512345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition