Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes June 1: DragonFable's 12th Anniversary Month!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes June 1: DragonFable's 12th Anniversary Month!
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/2/2018 1:25:34   
Darkonus

Loving the new classes! I like that the spirit of each class is very similar to the original base class, but just a bit more extreme and focused. I do have a bit of a nitpick though...

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the turn counting works, but are the status effects off by a turn?
For instance, Dragon Warrior's 'Dragon Flare' (shield) says it gives avoidance and damage boost for 2 turns.
While the avoidance does last for two attacks, the damage boost can only be used for one attack. IMO, this would make more sense if Dragons Flare also dealt damage, or if the effect lasted one turn longer.
'Throw' on the other hand does do damage in the same turn, but if the -all is supposed to be a result of the attack, shouldn't it take effect for the three turns after rather than the same turn and two turns after?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
6/2/2018 1:38:42   
Flabagast

Love the revamped skills! I really like DragonWarrior's swooshy animations and I think the Dragonlord pauldrons on all of the armours are a really nice touch.

Looking forward to more goodies later in the month!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 27
6/2/2018 2:03:42   
Ace Woodlink

quote:

For instance, Dragon Warrior's 'Dragon Flare' (shield) says it gives avoidance and damage boost for 2 turns.
While the avoidance does last for two attacks, the damage boost can only be used for one attack.

That's consistent with the base Warrior's shield skill, though, (and by extension Sir Leon's shield skill), where the first turn of damage boost is effectively wasted on the turn you're defending.
MQ  Post #: 28
6/2/2018 3:35:08   
Cedrei

Waaaait a second... has boost become additive?

Even skills that are supposed to do 0 damage, like Mage's blind (I've tested with base mage to be sure since the new classes aren't on the pedia yet) can do damage now because of boost. After Lightning, Power, and Sleep power boosts, for a total of 70% boost, the blind skill does 70% damage rather than 0 damage... Is it just me, or am I missing something? And if it really was changed... why? (Also... should I stop using so many triple dots? )
DF  Post #: 29
6/2/2018 4:07:40   
Darkonus

Strange, Riftwalker gives an extra turn...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
6/2/2018 4:49:24   
Sharkslayer

Revamped dragonmage is much better than I expected, it's, dare I say, worth using. I can't wait for more "Dragon related awesomeness" Verly.
AQW  Post #: 31
6/2/2018 4:52:53   
ArchNero

Good job overall to Verly for the revamps and Dracelix for the art update on the classes.

Post #: 32
6/2/2018 5:02:52   
steambin96

Has dragon mage been fixed?
Post #: 33
6/2/2018 6:18:11   
Shadow X Ascendant

You can bet on that
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 34
6/2/2018 7:06:33   
steambin96

Nope, the ice skill still freezes the game.
Post #: 35
6/2/2018 7:09:19   
dragon_monster

That is one OP ice skill.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 36
6/2/2018 7:34:10   
Shadow X Ascendant

For me is not freezing, not even a single time
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 37
6/2/2018 7:36:43   
Greyor_42

It's specifically for female dragonmage, that's why, @Shadow X Ascendant
DF  Post #: 38
6/2/2018 8:12:27   
mahasamatman

Nicely done, it's good that these are still tier 2 and not as good as the atealan classes, and also good that they work differently instead of "same but stronger" than base.
DF  Post #: 39
6/2/2018 8:20:51   
Shadow X Ascendant

@Greyor Wrong, I Got it now, is because they are using on enemies that are very far away, like the bosses from Dr. Voltarob Challenge
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 40
6/2/2018 8:33:21   
BluuHorseOfficial

Well, can somebody list all the effects of DragonRogue? The Warrior entry's been updated and Mage was listed by a user, and I don't know if I should change or not...
DF  Post #: 41
6/2/2018 8:58:31   
dragon_master

Wow,I'm not going to lie,the DMages' revamp is amazing. Please keep it that way.
Although the dragon's poisons seems a little glitched: shows -25 All,but actually reduces -25 Fire.
DF  Post #: 42
6/2/2018 9:21:05   
ArchNero

Before I list the effects, I'm not too sure about the DoT effects, specifically I don't know the exact percentage of how much of my weapon damage is calculated as the DoT damage, so i'll just list the numbers of my own DoT numbers.

Dragon Rogue:

Potion: Steal health potion (Guranteed not chance based, cryptic mains be jelly), 100 mana. Inflicts dragon's heart toxin (56-66 dmg) for 5 turns, 30 turn CD
Aimed: + 20 bonus, for 5 turns, 20 mana, 4 turn CD
Wound: +40 health resist for 20 turns, 20 mana, 4 turn CD
Throw: Nothing different
Daze: Stun + Inflict DoT (55-66 dmg) for 3 turns, 30 mana, 14 turn CD
Smoke: 140+ BPD for 3 turns, also inflicts dragon's scale toxin (56-66 dmg) for 5 turns, 30 mana, 9 turn CD
Rapid: Same
Attack button: Same
Stealth: Inflicts dragon's shadow toxin (56-66 dmg) for 5 turns, Stealth block + 45 BPD 4 turns, stealth + 20 crit + 45 avoidance 3 turns, 25 mana 9 turn CD
Surprise attack: Does more damage with each toxin, only usable when stealth is active, 25 mana, 1 turn CD
Poison: Inflicts poison DoT (84-99 dmg) for 5 turns, 25 mana 4 turn CD
Dragon soul toxin: Inflicts Dragon's soul toxin DoT (56-66 dmg) for 5 turns, 20 mana 4 turn CD
Wild daggers: Nothing different
Blind: - 50 bonus for 3 turns, 25 mana, 9 turn CD
Final strike: Nothing different.

Dragon toxins leech: 10 HP, 21 HP, 31 HP, 41 HP
From left to right 1 toxin - 4 toxins

If you're not a fan of DoTs when using Pyromancer, then you may not like this class. Something I noticed about the leech effect is that, as small as it is, it's enough to recover most or if not all your health lost from glancing blows, don't know if Verly knew this, but I think it was well thought out in that aspect. Unless the incoming attack is one that hits really really hard. Dragon rogue is all about flooding your foes with DoTs

I do like these tier 2 revamps, they have at least some advantages to at least give you a reason to use them, that the Atealan base classes don't offer.

< Message edited by ArchNero -- 6/2/2018 9:28:51 >
Post #: 43
6/2/2018 9:28:06   
mahasamatman

ArchNero: I'd suggest to try with a soulforged weapon (or another weapon that has fixed damage) to check. Or Ultimate Weapon of Destiny, which has an avg damage of 100.
DF  Post #: 44
6/2/2018 9:39:04   
ArchNero

^
Uhh, i'm not exactly good at doing the math to check , the DoT damage with different min-max or fixed weapon damage. If someone else has dragon rogue that can answer that.
Post #: 45
6/2/2018 9:41:36   
Caststarter

Ether-knight of DF Q&A/EDBalance

Just popping in, but it is really simple to know percentages, thankfully. All you need to do is divide the small number by the larger number, where you then move the decimal by two places to the right, and viola, percentage received.

In any case, class revamps, interesting. Kind of weird though now since these are meant to be a transition between the normal base classes and atealan, since the latter doesn't have the skill gimmicks, really only the passive gimmicks...
DF  Post #: 46
6/2/2018 10:18:02   
BluuHorseOfficial

^actually, I beleive if youíre using a static (constant, for example 91-91) damage (with Unlucky Clover/Soulforged Weapons etc) you have to divide Damage Done by Attack/Base Damage (or rather Damage Done by Attack ų Base Damage) and then multiply whatever value by 100 (or as you said, move the decimal by 2 places to the right).

Itís far more convenient if you can manipulate it to give you exactly 100-100 base damage. With Unlucky Clover you have to train upto 76 DEX and then equip only Unlucky Clover (+14 DEX) to get a +9 damage boost putting you at 100-100 damage. With SoulForged Scythe/Dagger, you have to train upto 74 DEX and then equip only Soulforged Scythe/Dagger (+16 DEX) to get a +9 damage boost putting you at 100-100 damage. Then, whatever Damage you do will be the Percentage.
DF  Post #: 47
6/2/2018 11:29:33   
chisagen

A Swimming Good Time ( AQ3D / DF Q&A )

Updated Dragon Warrior is really fun to play with! Thank you so much for updating it! Really excited to see what else we will get for the rest of the month
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 48
6/2/2018 14:55:18   
Sakurai the Cursed

In regards to DoTs, you have to be careful because a lot of them don't take stat damage into account. It's good practice in general to test things with just weapon damage and then add stat damage into it (you don't necessarily have to untrain for this, you can just use only your weapon and then add in the rest, but it makes the math slightly more complicated) to make sure it scales the same, because that's not always the case. There are even a couple skills that use only stat damage and ignore weapon damage (Kathool Adept's Ink Spray and Fear), which you'd never realize and simply get odd and inconsistent results if you only compared them to total damage values.

That said, the DoT numbers I got for my level 21 DragonRogue are 50% weapon damage + 100% stat damage for all but Poison, which was ~75-78% weapon damage + 100% stat damage. Then of course Dex/10 added on top of that for the final damage, not reflected in the values shown on the enemy's info screen.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
6/2/2018 16:02:08   
Ninjaty

Another year, another chance to hope and pray; may we please have a variant of the original DragonLord class?
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes June 1: DragonFable's 12th Anniversary Month!
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition