Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AE= Artix Games Launcher Official Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Artix Games Launcher Official Thread
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/23/2018 7:14:45   
Dr Disrespect
Helpful!

@shiny_underpants

I'm pretty sure it doesn't extend to forum moderation and testers. Those aren't developer roles. I could be wrong though.
Post #: 26
6/23/2018 9:02:48   
Crystal Lion

While I heard that it's impossible to put Herosmash on the launcher because it's supposedly just as complicated as AQW to add and it's abandonware, is it so impossible to add a HTML link to it on the main page or something of the sort?

After all, AE could link Oversoul despite it being left in the dust until recently. Unless a HTML link on the main webpage is also too much to ask.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
6/23/2018 9:36:01   
megakyle777

Crystal Lion: Sadly, not a option. Flash will become more dangerous and less secure in 2020, hence the move to a Launcher in the first place. To give a link to the Herosmash site would undo that and be a safety risk.

I get it, I'm mad too a bit. You know I was involved with the community there a lot before it died. But we heard right from the start of Herosmash that it was based in the AQW engine, and the AQW engine is such a pain to work with they they are basically remaking the entire game for mobile according to the recent video. I'm sorry, it's not feasable. I'm mad too, I really am, but the only way to sort this out is for Herosmash to gain enough of a playerbase to revive. I'd help with that, but I'm focusing on trying to do that with Oversoul while it has momentum and with three games to try and revive (OS, HS, and MQ) you need to pick your battles. DX
DF  Post #: 28
6/23/2018 10:45:24   
Vaulen

It is quite nice to hear not only about this launcher, but that AQC and DF are financially viable as well. I hope we can possibly see a app version of this launcher soon. Would love to play AQC or DF on my iPad. Though that may be impossible due to Flash being incompatible with iOS.
AQ DF  Post #: 29
6/23/2018 20:59:12   
Crystal Lion

Maybe they should have added a HTML link before launching the launcher, huh? It still costs almost nothing to link, they just won't do it though.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
6/24/2018 6:50:16   
  Digital X

ArchKnight AQ GD

Would it be possible for Warpforce to be added? I know it's not receiving updates as it never took off (spoke to AQ Team via Twitter) but I would definitely still play it in the launcher.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
6/27/2018 12:51:50   
  Phantasmia

Phantom Knight of AQW GD/Q&A

MechQuest is now playable through the launcher! Captain Rhubarb is working on the Mac version and the possibility of a Linux version as well!
DF AQW  Post #: 32
7/3/2018 9:22:14   
sunblaze

Seems very promising so far. I know only AQC and Warpforce actually support it, but is it possible to open multiple stances of the AQC game engine?
The engine itself supports it so some "open in new-window" button on the AE-lancher?

I could totally understand if the maximum would be 5 windows (since 5 is the max amount of chars on one login-account) but so far that is one of the best features AQC has!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
7/3/2018 17:04:51   
PD

With no confirmation of a linux launcher, I thought I might want to go ahead and provide some alternatives:

1. attempt to run the launcher through WINE (Have not tried this, may probably fail).

2. Create a temporary windows virtual machine. I've found this to have the best success in terms of being able to run the launcher on linux without issues. If anyone is interested I'll show you guys how to do this if you don't already know how to do this.

EDIT: Apparently on Twitter Warlic is working on a linux version as we speak. However I'm still not really a fan of using WINE, especially if I only do so to run 1 application.

< Message edited by PD -- 7/3/2018 17:09:01 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 34
7/18/2018 17:32:45   
Nessa Ellensse

I am hoping this will attract more people back to AQWorlds. It makes playing AQ and DF easier to play with out having to worry about malware

< Message edited by Nessa Ellensse -- 7/18/2018 17:33:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
7/21/2018 17:56:19   
Trigurax

hmm is it currently bugged or something? cuz i just downloaded/installed it but i cant play any game on it, i click "play" but nothing happens and its very disappointing cuz i literally wanted to play aqw again because of the launcher

actually nothing works, i go to the game tab and anything i click nothing happens lul smh

< Message edited by Trigurax -- 7/21/2018 17:59:54 >
DF AQW  Post #: 36
7/21/2018 18:20:13   
  afterlifex
Mod-X

^ works for me just fine
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
7/21/2018 18:25:26   
Trigurax

awesome what i am supposed to do now? report as a bug and wait i gues...?

wheres the bug report thing again? i cant remember it

EDIT: I found it

< Message edited by Trigurax -- 7/21/2018 18:50:10 >
DF AQW  Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Artix Games Launcher Official Thread
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition