Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQW= Design Notes July 6, 2018: Sepulchure's Rise Chapter 1 Finale, Unlock the Doomed Monster Lord Set

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes July 6, 2018: Sepulchure's Rise Chapter 1 Finale, Unlock the Doomed Monster Lord Set
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/6/2018 19:03:31   
Ted Zlammy

quote:

July 6, 2018
Sepulchure's Rise Chapter 1 Finale
Battle Lynaria's Light in the Plane of Darkness!
Log in this weekend for the Chapter 1 finale of the Sepulchure's Rise origin story! After fighting to save the woman you love...

After DYING to save the woman you love...

King Alteon rewards you, his most loyal friend and knight, with exile, and a new name... Sepulchure. Take the battle against King Alteon's betrayal into a land where you're guaranteed to be stronger: the Plane of Darkness.

Chapter 1 Saga Finale Reward: Fiend of Light
Complete tonight's storyline in /darkplane, then talk to Lynaria to unlock her quest for the gear. Each of the pieces of the Fiend of Light set is 0 AC for permanent, free storage!

The Saga Continues This Fall...
Chapter 1 of the Sepulchure's Rise Saga told the story of how Sir Valen the PureHeart battled Dethrix Drakath, the Monster King, to save the Healer Lynaria and become Sepulchure the DoomKnight. This Fall, we'll return to the story with Chapter 2, covering the creation of ShadowFall, Lynaria's quest to save Sepulchure, and the birth of Gravelyn, future Empress of the ShadowScythe!

Tags: Alina

quote:

July 6, 2018
Unlock the Doomed Monster Lord Set
Upgrade with Select Membership or AdventureCoin Packages!
Starting this Friday, July 6th, at 6 PM EST, unlock the Doomed Monster Lord + Golden Monster Lord sets when you buy a 12 month membership or 12,000 AdventureCoin package. Plus, get up to 40% more bonus AdventureCoins with select AC packages until July 31st, 2018!

12000 ACs or 12 month membership: Doomed Monster Lord Tier (All 17 items!)

Get more gear and save more of your real-world gold with our largest upgrade packages!

• 2 Armors: Doomed and Golden Monster Lord armors
  • 5 helms, 6 capes, 4 axes
  • 7 Rep/XP/Gold/Class Points boosts added straight to your inventory
  • Character page badge

Unlock the Golden Monster Lord armor set when you buy any AdventureCoin or Membership package of $10 USD or more.

2000 AC, 5000 AC, 3 and 6 month memberships: Golden Monster Lord Tier

• Golden Monster Lord armor
  • 2 helms, 3 cape, 2 weapons
  • 5 Rep/XP/Gold/Class Points boosts added straight to your inventory
  • Character page badge

The Monster Lord bonus gear leaves August 3rd, 2018!

Upgrade Bonus Prizes
    We always like to give you more than you expect! Each month, when you purchase any upgrade package (either AdventureCoins or membership) 5 heroes will have a chance to win one of the bonus prizes listed below!

1. 1 Epic Item of Donated Awesomeness ticket
    2. 5 More bank, inventory, and house spaces (over the cap, if they are already maxed out)
    3. A 20% boost to one weapon of their choice (that they already own)
    4. 2000 AdventureCoins
    5. 1 month membership

Read this Design Notes post for more details!

Tags: Alina

• Here be some more Design Notes.

Tagged! ~kaos rules x

< Message edited by kaos rules x -- 7/6/2018 21:32:27 >
    MQ AQW  Post #: 1
    7/6/2018 19:38:43   
    RKC

Map is broken :(
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
    7/6/2018 20:09:52   
    Wizardlife

@RKC I thought so too at first. Did you try doing the first farming quest in the other map? I was able to do the quests after I did.

Other than the weird requirement of doing the first farming quest (without any indication of what we're supposed to do when we got back to the map, no less), I am impressed with how this arc is going. I thought this might end up being another half-baked saga like the last couple, but I am pleasantly surprised so far. The dialogue doesn't feel flat or cringy like it usually does, and the characterization feels real for a change. Keep up the good writing, AE.

The dragon minigame was also a pretty neat touch. I enjoyed that.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
    7/6/2018 20:17:06   
    Ted Zlammy

Yeah, it was rather odd that the first farming quest (the non mem one) was needed to trigger the opening cutscene for the new map. But yeah, the release was pretty neat. Some nice cutscenes included. My laptop is kind of an old clunker though, so the dragon mini game was all sorts of laggy and kinda buggy for me. A little while in the humans and rocks stopped spawning, the enemy dragon disappeared for like 20 seconds, before popping back in and out at a more better pace whilst not unleashing anymore attacks at all. At least cleared the mini game, and appreciate AE tried to do something a little different with it though.

Anywho, the farming quest has 14 items to farm for in the set, which is quite the amount. Seems to be a "you may also receive, at random" one though, so I wonder how annoying it'll be to get all the pieces.

Oh, and the DNs mention a continuation in Fall. Gonna take a guess and I say that'll be AQW's birthday event, haha.
    MQ AQW  Post #: 4
    7/6/2018 20:27:39   
    Eris Blackwood

Unfortunately my computer lags WAY too much to play the dragon game :(
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
    7/6/2018 20:44:14   
    Frigus

This was ... interesting.

spoiler:

Shadowfall is made of the bones of Lynaria's dragon. This begs the question if Gravelyn knows about it.

Unlike that half-baked Fire War, I'm actually looking forward to the rest of this saga. I want to know what happens next.
    Post #: 6
    7/6/2018 21:08:47   
    Beshin Adin

Valen was cool, but I hate Seppy............Hey, with his soul now free of the DoomArmor, isn't he just Valen again?
    AQ AQW  Post #: 7
    7/6/2018 21:10:44   
    Ted Zlammy

@Frigus
    spoiler:

It also looked like the name of Lynaria's dragon, Victorious, may be where Victoria also got her name from, which means Valen killed the namesake of Gravelyn's sister. Plus, she grew up with the undead namesake underneath her own feet.

Man, the Alteon, Lynaria, and Valen family is all sorts of messed up, haha.
    MQ AQW  Post #: 8
    7/6/2018 21:16:00   
    Eris Blackwood

After you kill the dragon there are more quests and Lynaria asks you do collect Valen's past memories, but i dont see a link to that location? is that for next week and is just a bug that im seeing it now?
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
    7/6/2018 21:19:59   
    Rtkat3

@Ted Zlammy
    spoiler:

Actually, Gravelyn is Victoria, Brittany, and Tara's half-sister.

spoiler:

I was surprised that Lynaria's dragon ally Victorious would become the component for Sepulchure's fortress.
    AQ  Post #: 10
    7/6/2018 21:47:28   
    Beshin Adin

Now, I'm even more confused as to, after all Seppy has done, why Lynaria would 'give herself' to him
    AQ AQW  Post #: 11
    7/6/2018 22:14:12   
    dragontackle

I cant be the only one getting Berserk vibes from this release right? The Plane of Darkness seems kind of similar to the Eclipse and Valen is starting to remind me of Griffith/Femto.

Good release all together, hope we see Seppy resurrected by the end of this year.

< Message edited by dragontackle -- 7/6/2018 22:26:36 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
    7/6/2018 22:20:47   
    teravor

So after a brief break and coming back to complete most of this saga up to this point in one night...

spoiler:

I suspect Gravelyn isn't Valen's at all; she just looked enough like him for no one to question it. Lynaria has red hair too, after all.
    AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
    7/7/2018 2:19:47   
    Stronius

Seeing as I haven't played Dragonfable in several years, was Gravelyn's origin ever explained in that game? If so, that could provide clues here, given that the two games share at least some of the same plot.

Clever, witty, and slightly Daemonic.
    http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Stronius
    AQW Epic  Post #: 14
    7/7/2018 3:23:00   
    Aura Knight

Wouldn't matter. Though its true all games share similarities, the events in AQW are different than what we'd see in Dragonfable. Even though we may be getting more background info in another game the story wouldn't be the same for AQW.
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 15
    7/7/2018 13:00:06   
    Rtkat3

When Part 2 airs this fall, we'll see how Lynaria helped Sepulchure to father Gravelyn. We already know that Lynaria passed on at some point following the births of Princess Brittany, Princess Victoria, and Princess Tara.

To recap on King Alteon's daughters, Princess Brittany is dead and is presumably with King Alteon and Queen Lynaria in Lore's version of Elysium, Princess Victoria secretly operates as Robina Hood and is the acting ruler of Swordhaven, and Princess Tara is currently in the clutches of the Infernal Realm Army.

Once Dwarfhold is revitalized and the Dwarfhold War is reopened, we'll be able to fight D'wain Jonsen again. I had a helm from him which was lost when my account got hacked.

If the AQW Team partakes in another Dethrix Drakath release, perhaps we'll know about his origins even if it's a flashback event featuring the Queen of Monsters.
    AQ  Post #: 16
    7/7/2018 14:38:54   
    TFS

Uh, wow. I was going to buy some ACs but those armor sets are, uh, not the best. I can wait until next month for my Doomblade.
    DF  Post #: 17
    7/7/2018 15:03:37   
    Wizardlife

@Stronius

In DragonFable, Gravelyn is adopted (and also a loooot younger), but in AQW, she is Sepulchure's biological child. Even though there are a lot of similarities between the games, there are also lots of differences. Though I do admit I am curious to why Lynaria agreed to have a child with Seppy in the first place (assuming she is her mother, that is.)
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 18
    7/7/2018 15:51:29   
    Stronius

@Wizardlife

It seems unlikely, yes, but given that Lynaria was the Champion of Light, and Gravelyn is the current champion, it makes logical sense for them to be related somehow, even if Lynaria turns out not to be the mother.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 19
    7/7/2018 19:49:18   
    dragontackle

@Tfs
    Tbh the only reason I bought the set was for the capes
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 20
    7/8/2018 9:03:28   
    Rtkat3

We know that in the AQW reality that Gravelyn is the daughter of Sepulchure and secretly Lynaria.
    AQ  Post #: 21
    7/9/2018 11:02:53   
    Beshin Adin

Also, they keep talking as if Seppy's the Champion of Darkness. Seppy's not, Artiix is.
    AQ AQW  Post #: 22
    7/9/2018 13:38:32   
    Rtkat3

It was said that Sepulchure was the Champion of Darkness before Artix was born which was when the Rise of Sepulchure takes place. It was also mentioned that the village that Artix grew up in was destroyed by Sepulchure and Noxus way before Noxus lost his body to Chuckles. It's been awhile since we've seen Chuckles.
    AQ  Post #: 23
    7/9/2018 19:14:33   
    Novissimus

Not only that, but I remember in a previous release concerning Abel,
    spoiler:

our Avatar of Kyanos
    and Quetzal,
    spoiler:

the former champion of Ice
    that the Champion of an element isn't necessarily determined by whomever kills the previous Champion, but by the Avatar of the element's decision. Meaning that Sepulchure may not have been chosen to be the next Champion of Darkness by the Darkness Avatar, but Artix was instead. Also, this brings an interesting question. Since we know that Dethrix Drakath and King Slugwrath are one in the same and in the Doomwood part 2 Lore readings state that Dethrix was the former Champion of Darkness, then this means a chosen Champion was conspiring with the Queen of Monsters. I wonder what Voidstar, the Darkness Avatar, had to say about that.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 24
    7/9/2018 23:15:51   
    teravor

spoiler:

I suspect that the Mysterious Stranger turning Valen into Sepulchure was Voidstar rescinding Dethrix's status as Champion of Darkness in a very permanent fashion
    AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes July 6, 2018: Sepulchure's Rise Chapter 1 Finale, Unlock the Doomed Monster Lord Set
    Page 1 of 212>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition