Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Design Notes July 6, 2018: Sepulchure's Rise Chapter 1 Finale, Unlock the Doomed Monster Lord Set

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Design Notes July 6, 2018: Sepulchure's Rise Chapter 1 Finale, Unlock the Doomed Monster Lord Set
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/10/2018 13:41:18   
Rtkat3

In one of the releases during the World War Lore event, we fought King Slugwrath and Bandit Drakath. This leaves some confusion in this. Does anyone have any comment on that?
AQ  Post #: 26
7/10/2018 20:13:54   
Beshin Adin

So, when Drakath destroyed Seppy, did Artix become the CoD then?
AQ AQW  Post #: 27
7/11/2018 4:45:18   
Mavis

artix were cod since he born according doomwood saga
Post #: 28
7/11/2018 8:50:27   
Beshin Adin

You'd think if Artix was CoD, one of his parents was true CoD at the time..............
AQ AQW  Post #: 29
7/11/2018 10:37:41   
XeNON_54

iirc he doesn't have actual parents.
He was just MANIFESTED by the Plane of Darkness itself.
Post #: 30
7/11/2018 13:23:08   
Rtkat3

I think that's what Vordred said.
AQ  Post #: 31
7/11/2018 16:22:50   
Beshin Adin

We met Artix's parents during Harvest Day...........
AQ AQW  Post #: 32
7/11/2018 16:36:33   
Digital X

ArchKnight AQ GD

That Fiend of Light set has my attention. Very nice indeed.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
7/12/2018 7:48:53   
XeNON_54

@Beshin Adin
We met Artix's ADOPTIVE parents.
He does NOT have BIRTH parents.
Post #: 34
7/12/2018 10:56:10   
Beshin Adin

^ that still doesn't prove anything. Artix's birth parents could've conceived him WHILE IN the Plane of Darkness
AQ AQW  Post #: 35
7/12/2018 14:26:38   
Rtkat3

Either that or his real parents reside on the Plane of Darkness with the Darkness Avatar who I suppose gave Sally and Noxus the blueprints to create and recreate Vordred.
AQ  Post #: 36
7/12/2018 19:59:18   
Beshin Adin

I kinda think one of his parents was the former CoD, and the other a powerful paladin. Explains why his powers are a median of the two
AQ AQW  Post #: 37
7/13/2018 0:25:56   
WarriorZ100

Seems like there's no real way to determine how a Champion comes to be. In Gravelyn's case as the Champion of Light, she was blood related to Lynaria, the Champion that preceded her. Meanwhile Artix is in no way related to Dethrix, who was the Champion of Darkness before him. I feel like a lot of it is whatever beings that govern whatever plane is lacking a Champion decides how a new one comes into the world. It probably differs between realms, and depends a lot on the circumstances in general.

quote:

If we applied the same logic behind Gravelyn being the Champion of Light, then Dethrix Drakath I's son, Dethrix Drakath II, AKA Drakath Slugwrath would have become the new Champion of Darkness, but ever since Dethrix/Slugwrath gave Drakath the Chaos Amulet, his destiny as the future Champion of Chaos was set in stone, so the forces that dwelled within the Plane of Darkness had to make do and pick a new Champion at random, and so we got Artix, and we all know how he turns out.

< Message edited by WarriorZ100 -- 7/13/2018 0:29:56 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 38
7/13/2018 1:26:37   
Aura Knight

I could be wrong here but I didn't think Dethrix was ever the champion of darkness. Or was it Vordred that was the one who pretended to be?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 39
7/13/2018 9:02:23   
XeNON_54

My crack theory that Gravelyn is actually Lynaria and not her daughter is gaining new foundations.
Post #: 40
7/13/2018 11:06:04   
Beshin Adin

Yeah, I thought Dethrix was the Monster King, not the CoD........
AQ AQW  Post #: 41
7/13/2018 11:40:55   
Apetest

Im confused, how many Drakaths/Dethrixs there are in aqw?

< Message edited by Apetest -- 7/13/2018 11:42:51 >
AQW  Post #: 42
7/13/2018 12:15:10   
Rtkat3

@above I don't know. That is something that should be asked to a member of the AQW Team like Alina. Plus, we still don't have any official confirmation on if Slugwrath became Dethrix since one release we fought him in occurred during the "World War Lore" event.
AQ  Post #: 43
7/13/2018 12:29:35   
  kaos rules x

Shadow Slayin' ArchKnight of AQW GD

So I did a bit of digging and I've hit a bit of a wall. It seems we have somewhat conflicting lore built into the game. If we're assuming Dethrix and King Slugwrath are indeed the same person ( possible evidence from a cutscene called Drakath's Story ), then there's 2 different scenarios to how the prior king was beaten. In one scenario, Alteon led a coup and won Swordhaven back with an army of peasants ( possible evidence from Drakath's Story ). On the other and more recent scenario, Alteon teamed up with Valen and Lynaria to take down the king ( evidence from The Heroes, Victorious ) before Alteon was crowned king. However, it might be a good idea to point out that Drakath was telling the first story, so his perspective might skew the tale.

As for Dethrix, I had assumed he was the champion of darkness before Artix. That doesn't seem to be the most recent case within the past few releases. ( evidenced here and here, both from Three Heroes, Victorious ).

And finally, Artix and his parents. I dug up these three cutscenes from the Vordredboss map to explain his origins. ( Here's the first, here's the second, and here's the last ). We have met his foster parents, though they were zombies during the harvest events.

I'll add more cutscene evidence as I find it, so this post will be developing over time. Probably.

< Message edited by kaos rules x -- 7/13/2018 12:55:57 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 44
7/13/2018 14:58:44   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

Considering how they changed the lady in Dreadhaven to be some random lady instead of Lynaria, who knows what's going on anymore.
AQW  Post #: 45
7/13/2018 16:29:51   
Keeper of the Owls

No DNs since last week. Panic?
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
7/13/2018 16:45:15   
Aura Knight

The usual Patch Notes apparently didn't have enough things worth posting about so that was skipped this week and for today's event we'll probably get some design notes later today.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 47
7/17/2018 9:26:30   
brotherinlaw

Let's ask the Real questions....like, how the freak did Sepulchure manage to get un-life insurance in a city he was exiled from, and when did he do that!?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
7/17/2018 13:29:53   
Rtkat3

Perhaps that will be explain in the next "Rise of Sepulchure" release.
AQ  Post #: 49
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Design Notes July 6, 2018: Sepulchure's Rise Chapter 1 Finale, Unlock the Doomed Monster Lord Set
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition