Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= Design Notes July 06, 2018: Dreamspace: Dominion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Design Notes July 06, 2018: Dreamspace: Dominion
Page 1 of 612345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/6/2018 19:49:08   
Occavatra

quote:

Verlyrus:
Dreamcat
Dreamspace: Dominion

Hey there, heroes!

This week, we're proud to present the final set of Dreamspace Challenges!

Face off against the season shifting Archdryad Malydrys and her faithful companion Argus Skywatcher in a tumultuous showdown to earn the Leaf of Flux necklace.

Then, see if you can take down the overbearing Simulacrum of Kathool. Victory there will reward you with the ring: the Tentacle of Dominion!

To upgrade your items to level 90, however, you will have to face the ultimate Dreamspace challenge- can you take down all 3 enemies at the same time?

As always, these challenge fights can be found on the Challenge Board in the Inn at the Edge of Time. Good luck!

Side note: That's a lot of tentacle-based accessories you've been gathering. Maybe... you should keep an eye on them. And don't let them escape. Or take over your brain. The usual stuff.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also available this week: July's DC shops, forged by Dracelix and inspired by independence are now available from the Book of Lore!

These neat weapons are only available for the month of July, and may or may not return, so get them while you can!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Having trouble with the fights? Have strategies you want to share? Feedback? Praise? DragonFable related nightmares?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates!

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Coming next week to DragonFable: Something is stirring, and Friday the 13th is approaching. With Valtrith defeated and the cultists seemingly dispersed, what's the worst that could happen?

Tags: Verlyrus
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
7/6/2018 20:23:01   
Shadow X Ascendant

Archdryad Malydrys + Argus Skywatcher = All Damage done to one will heal the other , And if one Dies the other gets mad, If Skywatcher is alive (Mega damage per Hit) , Malydrys = (The Seasons are in Chaos)

Simulacrum of Kathool = Have some resistances, but not lose life to normal attacks, only DoT ones, In 3 Rounds he uses (Come, Join) which gives you +1 Round Cooldown for non-used skills, and +3 Rounds Cooldown for used skills, Yeah, The ultra annoying "Powerword : No Skills" is back but this time he have 100% Chance to use every 6 rounds, and after 3 more rounds he uses (Cleanse/Heal) that heals him, and clear all Debuffs.

Always Healing Bosses, How to not love them........ At least Yllmar gave us weapons not only Ring and Necklace......
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
7/6/2018 20:41:10   
Sylveonxy123

So I've been attempting Kathool for a bit and noticed that DoTs are not the only way to hurt him, now idk how it happens, but sometimes after a little bit I am able to use normal attacks and skills to harm him, and after he heals he sometimes gains his damage absorption ability back. Been using Doomknight so far, and its taking ages, I have no idea how I'm gonna do the duo with Kathool atm, but the other 2 were easy, killed them with just Riftwalker and my normal gear and used the Baby Chimera. Killed the Druid 1st.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
7/6/2018 20:46:27   
Shadow X Ascendant

But if you kill the Druid First, Skywatcher will recover much HP every round
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
7/6/2018 20:49:54   
Sylveonxy123

@Shadow X Ascendant For me it only healed a few hundred when it used the light attack, and with Riftwalker it was nothing that I couldn't handle.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
7/6/2018 20:52:44   
Shadow X Ascendant

Unfortunally I don't have it, neither Dmk.....
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 6
7/6/2018 20:58:01   
Sylveonxy123

Hmm, well for the Druid duo, I would probably be able to pull it off with a good all resist build and a Dragon's Patience build, could also probably win the Baltael Soulweaver, and the dragon would be much better with dealing with the damage boosts after 1 is dead. If you have to you could probably use guests, I usually don't since they raise their max hp, but the extra damage could help. Bc tbh its a fairly easy fight if you have good damage and a decent way to heal. And a nice help could probably be pumpkinlord's scythe if you want to try till you get lucky. Might do that with kathool for the duo. Till a good strategy is found.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
7/6/2018 21:00:41   
Shadow X Ascendant

Luck? Let's say I have been Born by Unlucky Essences in all my days using EPL i only managed to get K.O From Scythe 1 Time only (Yes, 1 only) , I already tried Ranger, M. Soulweaver, DeathKnight, Baltael's Weaver all with 200 Protect Dragon, and nothing, well, back to testing
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
7/6/2018 21:03:03   
Sylveonxy123

Well for me I've never seen it lol, only time I've ever seen it occur was in Strength Df's Vid for the Tog/Dave Duo where he used it to 1 shot one of them. As for strats, Idk, I'm surprised i even killed them with such a crappy build. I would of assumed one of those types of builds would of worked.

< Message edited by Sylveonxy123 -- 7/6/2018 21:04:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
7/6/2018 21:23:45   
Sylveonxy123

JUST BEAT KATHOOL!!! Now I have no idea how the damage absorption fades, i think its after doing some amount of damage or something but I finally did it!!Also for a note, after he gets under 25% hp he will start using an attack that does like 6 or 7 hits, never really counted, for about 100-150 damage each at lv 90, so be careful there. Now just need to learn a strategy for the duo and I'll be done!
Kathool Clear: https://i.imgur.com/rjtG9o0.png
Dryad Clear: https://i.imgur.com/UPxjJxg.png

< Message edited by Sylveonxy123 -- 7/6/2018 21:25:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
7/6/2018 21:26:51   
Shadow X Ascendant

Which Class you used?
(i hope is not Dmk or RW)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
7/6/2018 21:34:32   
Greyor_42

Okay, so to clear things up a bit about Kathool: in order to damage him, you have to be below 50% health. Once he gets to around 20-25% health, he starts spamming an 8-hit nuke. PDL is easily the most effective class against him.
DF  Post #: 12
7/6/2018 21:53:29   
Shadow X Ascendant

Oh Thanks @Greyor, Now i Finally Beated Kathool, Just Need To learn how take out Druid and Skywatcher Healing https://imgur.com/EX2mB63
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
7/6/2018 21:54:42   
Sylveonxy123

Ok, well that makes understanding him better, but I currently do not own Dragon's Patience, nor have i needed to in the past, I know I could grind 325k gold but i don't want to lol. Im just trying to think of how to do the duo without it now.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
7/6/2018 21:55:47   
Shadow X Ascendant

If i manage to take out , The Druid + Sky with Baltael's Weaver, i will know how to Beat them..... Two times for all upgrades, We know that Kathool is to be Fight for last on Duo, But we still have to understang these two...

Oh Their HP Got down from 9775 to 7304, Amazing !!!

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 7/6/2018 22:21:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
7/6/2018 22:18:12   
Sylveonxy123

Well this is gonna be extremely hard, not only do you have to deal with 3 enemies attacking you all at once, you have to deal with a -40 all resist loss and a -50 accuracy loss every time you get hit by Kathool's ink on top of getting a 2 turn -100 accuracy loss from the dang skywatcher, so 99% of the time you'll be blind, then if you do what i do, which is kill the druid 1st, the skywatcher will do 800 damage a turn if the -40 all resistance is in affect after the damage buff is applied. I tried killing Kathool 1st, and thats never going to happen with all the other damage and blindness effects you have to deal with.

And im using a 46 all resist build to try to deal with all the elements you have to deal with. (Dark, Light, Fire, Water, ???, Wind, and Ice.)

< Message edited by Sylveonxy123 -- 7/6/2018 22:20:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
7/6/2018 22:26:48   
Shadow X Ascendant

Kathool is to be fight for last, since we need low HP to hurt him, is not good have low health at a 3-Bosses Fight, right?

Killing Druid First = as you decrease Skywatcher's Health will make debuff you a lot, -180 Defense, -200 Crit, -100 Hit..... and Healing every 3 rounds

Killing Skywatcher First = Druid will start going wild, and Taking your defenses out and giving you High Nukes while also taking the same debuffs at you....

So, let's Kill they at same Time, leaving one at very low health, kill th other and finish it? No, because Hits at one, heals the other........

Any Ideas? (Without Dmk or RW, or EPL K.O Scythe please)...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
7/6/2018 22:34:25   
Sylveonxy123

Thats the thing, if it wasnt for the massive damage boost they get in the duo fight, it would be manageable if you kill the dryad 1st like i normally do in the original fight. Their damage is the only reason why I'm having a problem with the dryad duo. Bc b4 1 dies its easy assuming you get some luck with accuracy, but then you kill one and then you're screwed.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 18
7/6/2018 22:36:35   
Shadow X Ascendant

There must be a way to make they not heal themselves but how....
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 19
7/6/2018 22:42:22   
Sylveonxy123

So far the only time ive seen 1 get hurt while im targeting the other is when i use Doom Knight's void reflect, but it barely does anything so it wouldn't work. I wish it could just be that AOE damage just negated the heal, but due to the fact that it hits them 1 at a time, it wouldn't work due to the fact that you hit 1, heal the other, then it would hit the other, then heal the 1st one, basically negating the 1st hit.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 20
7/6/2018 22:45:15   
Shadow X Ascendant

So it's a impossible fight without Riftwalker or Doomknight?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 21
7/6/2018 22:49:23   
Sylveonxy123

i doubt anyone could win with riftwalker, and atm i dont know if I can do it with DoomKnight due to the one you didnt kill's damage boost. Its so high that atm I feel like I would most likely have to use Evolved Pumpkinlord and 1-shot kathool after some luck to get him out of the way assuming I can even kill the dryad duo with it.

Like I'm pretty sure theres a strat that can deal with the damage boost from the dryad duo after 1 dies, but I dont think I have the stuff for it.

< Message edited by Sylveonxy123 -- 7/6/2018 22:50:30 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
7/6/2018 22:54:32   
Shadow X Ascendant

If at least I could Know how to deal with these two i could beat them, Uthuluc has only END , no CHA, so their damage is the same as in individuals....
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 23
7/6/2018 23:10:44   
Sylveonxy123

OK, so for me using a doomknight build, (others should be fine) i found that killing skywatcher 1st is the best call, then all you need is good damage and healing to get through the dryad, then kathool should be easy, i recommend getting the extra potions and food items, for safety to help.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 24
7/6/2018 23:13:50   
Shadow X Ascendant

..... And for those without Doomknight killing sky at first is the worst option, or takimg druid out is also worst, either way you will die even before having chance to soul slice on the other.... Mix that with Kathool - all and - hit, very good, no? This duo needs a Nerf, a very high one... Just to be possible

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 7/6/2018 23:20:38 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Design Notes July 06, 2018: Dreamspace: Dominion
Page 1 of 612345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition