Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes July 06, 2018: Dreamspace: Dominion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes July 06, 2018: Dreamspace: Dominion
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/7/2018 1:14:42   
Shadow X Ascendant

You fought with DmK too?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 51
7/7/2018 1:18:15   
Kurtz96

I used DmK, 4 potions, and the zard food that raised avoidance. I could have won if I used my skill rotation better.

But I hope some nerfs are coming to the duo because not everyone has DmK. I found that riftwalker lost power in the long fight and PDL build up too slowly. In terms of sustained damage, DmK is the best. Plus it does have defense and reliable healing. Plus corruption is very good.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 7/7/2018 1:19:02 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 52
7/7/2018 1:21:46   
Shadow X Ascendant

(Why i am not surprised? ) I have lost hope for it since the numbers that verlyrus told has about their HP and it has already fixed.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 53
7/7/2018 1:22:54   
Kurtz96

Has Verly confirmed nerfs?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 54
7/7/2018 1:23:51   
Shadow X Ascendant

Just some hours ago, but their HP has already got down from 9775 to 7304 (at level 90)

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 7/7/2018 1:24:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 55
7/7/2018 1:28:41   
Sylveonxy123

i use corruption mainly as a way to reduce damage from kathool and skywatcher, bc on the dryad it really only serves as a way to get malefic binding up and to do a little extra damage. when i got the kill, i more just spammed blood rite till it killed it. For kathool though, i made mistakes with dealing with my hp, and my dragon healing made it 10x harder to keep my hp at a low enough spot, which is why I wish we could summon the pet dragon inside of battle so we could switch between an offensive pet like the chimera, to the dragon so we can be healed when we wanted not when we're at like exactly 50% hp. Bc we used to be able to do that, but they removed it bc of the guest dragon as you were able to constantly resummon the guest dragon to bring it back to full hp.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 56
7/7/2018 2:40:59   
Divine Nexus

quote:

not when i did it, he stayed at the same hp when i hit him

That must have changed then, Kathool definitely heals when you hit him in his solo fight now. Baltaelweaver is perfect for this fight. Using Enslave and Soul Sync at the right time so that you can kill him Soul Slice is the way to go for this fight.

I only got Baltael's Aventail recently. I don't know how I ever lived without it!

I couldn't even begin to think of a strategy for the Dominion fight. Maybe I'll try tomorrow.
DF AQW  Post #: 57
7/7/2018 2:45:16   
Kurtz96

DmK is an option for dominion fight. At top of the page I detailed some stuff. But not everyone has DmK.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 58
7/7/2018 2:52:54   
TFS

Woah, Dominion was tough. Now to do it again and upgrade the ring too...
I really liked this release. Lots of fun new boss gimmicks (the Kathool one in particular was really neat), high difficulty, and a new BiS necklace. Couldn't possibly ask for more.

EDIT: Wow, Archdryad's berserk damage was nerfed a LOT. This is actually fairly easy if you target Skywatcher first, then Archdryad, then Kathool.

< Message edited by TFS -- 7/7/2018 3:53:11 >
DF  Post #: 59
7/7/2018 8:21:51   
Shadow X Ascendant

Really, I Tried again and got K.O all again after killing Skywatcher even with 5 potions + Hero's Diet, it worked for nothing, so no, it's not "Fairly Easy", it's "Fairly Impossible". Are you sure that is Dryad that received an nerf? No, It's still impossible, her buffs gets DOUBLED (+160 Defense, + 100 Crit, +160 Hit, +160 Boost) For 99 ROUNDS after Sky Death's, It's Fair? Are you SURE that it's Fair? No. Screw it, i am not going to suffer all again for nothing.

(why i am still trying, anyway?.......)

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 7/7/2018 8:22:57 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 60
7/7/2018 8:42:24   
Shiny_Underpants

Argus' healing was reduced, so it makes more sense to defeat the Archdriad first, now.

Kathool only heals when he's debuffed.

Kathool has the abilities of both Uthuluc and Sciuri, but on a consistent timer.
His gimmick is that you need to be on half health to damage him. And he ignores resistance debuffs.

This means once you defeat the seasons, if you're left on or near half health it removes the general disadvantages to duos, making it the same as entering the Kathool solo fight with your remaining potions and food.
Food items are less effective with Kathool due to this gimmick, so healing food should be used against the seasons with some potions saved for Kathool.
DF MQ  Post #: 61
7/7/2018 8:54:29   
whenua

quote:

If you have to you could probably use guests, I usually don't since they raise their max hp

Last time I checked, the only Inn challenge I can remember that has that rule is the whole Timetorn dungeon-like thing. Then again, you don't even need guests for that one, all you need is just the Pyromancer or the Dragon Lord armor for sustain.

As for the challenges themselves, I knew the moment I saw the dreaded Cthulhu octopus that it would be annoying...*le sigh*
AQ  Post #: 62
7/7/2018 9:47:28   
Shadow X Ascendant

The Duo Fight is impossible at as it is, you already need

Luck To Dodge attacks
Luck To make a sucessful Hit when needed
Deal with annoying "+ Cooldown Skill" for your needed skills, like soul sync, with 100% chance to use every 6 rounds
Deal with Highly Insane damage EVERY ROUND after you kill one of Dryad Duo
Getting Highly Debuffed EVERY ROUND after you kill one of Dryad Duo , Even if you dodge the attack
We don't have unlimited Food itens
All from Dryad Duo are Immune to Stun
-50 All / -50 Hit from Kathool with 100% chance to he uses it every 6 rounds

How they wants us to do that? serious HOW? we are not like the Devs that have 250 of all stats, and not everyone has the overpowered Doomknight, i was waiting an possible challenge that we could have fun with it, who haves fun in getting killed over and over and over to receive nothing...? Even Yllmar with that annoying healing is more possible and fun than that, and look that i HATE healing bosses (I only aprrove it, If you don't meet fight requirements, Like Buffing/Debuffing at leorilla, Don't kill Groundhog dave in a number of rounds, things like that, that we can avoid)

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 7/7/2018 10:06:51 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 63
7/7/2018 10:17:32   
whenua

quote:

How they wants us to do that? serious HOW? we are not like the Devs that have 250 of all stats, and not everyone has the overpowered Doomknight, i was waiting an possible challenge that we could have fun with it, who haves fun in getting killed over and over and over to receive nothing...? Even Yllmar with that annoying healing is more possible and fun than that, and look that i HATE healing bosses (I only aprrove it, If you don't meet fight requirements, Like Buffing/Debuffing at leorilla, Don't kill Groundhog dave in a number of rounds, things like that, that we can avoid)

This is what I was afraid of, Dark Souls levels of "challenge". Actually, even in Dark Souls you can do a decent job as long as you have knowledge, but in Dragonfable you can run through a lot of RNG screws, like missing a hit or your guests being focused by the entire Dragon Trio before they even get to do anything.
AQ  Post #: 64
7/7/2018 10:19:57   
Shadow X Ascendant

But For Dragon Trio we have Dragonslayer, what means we just need to work with our Ice/Nature/Good resistance, so it's possible, and that's the difference to this case, here neither Free - DA classes can stand against all of that
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 65
7/7/2018 10:37:40   
Greyor_42

@Shadow

Many people have already beaten the Duo and the Trio without any rares, DC classes, or DmK. Remember what I said earlier, PDL is MVP. It's not impossible. Heck, it's not even as hard as it was back when the first person to do it did.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 7/7/2018 10:38:33 >
DF  Post #: 66
7/7/2018 10:44:43   
Raphael 777

Just whooped the Duo and Kathool using BSW. Now for the last fight, should I try using PDL or stick with BSW?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 67
7/7/2018 10:50:17   
Shadow X Ascendant

I Tried PDL with 5 potions and Hero's Diet, and guess what happened... exactly , 1000 gold throw away. PDL can't stand against these Always-Healing Bosses, even at 104% Boost, it's the 5th time i am trying and it's the 5th time i throw my gold away. Until now no one appeared here with a strategy to beat the Trio without any rares, DC classes, or DmK, are you sure that someone beated the Trio without one of these? Dryad Duo i understand, not the Trio. (If you are talking about Baron Dante, i am sure he used ShadowWalker of Time, that also, not everyone has)

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 7/7/2018 11:12:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 68
7/7/2018 11:28:51   
Greyor_42

Neither rares nor SWoT were ever brought up about the fights. Everyone who's beaten them without DC classes or rares mentioned using either Cryptic or PDL alongside protection dragon, then switching to adifferent pet for Kathool. Also, the bosses aren't "always healing". And Baron specifically mentioned using PDL in his attempt, too(Heck, i'm honestly not sure if he was even the first one to beat them). Though, supposedly, Ascendant is also an option?

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 7/7/2018 11:29:33 >
DF  Post #: 69
7/7/2018 11:32:38   
Shadow X Ascendant

Ascendant is not option due of having almost none of defense, Cryptic not everyone has because depends on Base Class, and i have no idea how you think that with PDL is possible, i took almost nothing of their hp before they obliterate my character, even with 200 Protect Dragon and 5 potions and hero's diet, and i tried ALL class opened for me in Armor Closet, so no, i don't see possibility to win that

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 7/7/2018 11:35:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 70
7/7/2018 11:34:30   
Greyor_42

What order are you targeting them?
DF  Post #: 71
7/7/2018 11:37:43   
Shadow X Ascendant

At 3rd first fights i targeted Sky First then Dryad like has mentioned up there, than @Shiny Told about Argus' "Nerf" (that makes no difference at to his insane damage) i started targetting Sky first, in the next 4 fights i made, Kathool is for last since you need low HP to hurt him, and in all tries i got killed right after killing one due to the other's insane buffing damage, so yes, i have tested everything , and the i see no chance to win, only 1 thing, if when you kill one of the dryad duo , you use EPL Scythe and K.O the other, but thats 1% chance i have NO luck

And for what i seen in twitter these bosses are not going to be nerfed for real..

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 7/7/2018 11:41:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 72
7/7/2018 11:41:32   
Greyor_42

Argus is easier to deal with when berserks since he's very inaccurate, and he only reduces MPM, not BPD. Also, are you stacking Light and Darkness resist? This is a gear setup that can help you manage it better:
Spyblade of Judgment 15 Light 15 Dark OR Ultimate Destiny 10 All
Necro Paragon Cape 10 All
Diamond Ring of the Emperor 10 Light OR Brilliant Bloodstone 8 Dark
Electric Hair 20 Light 20 Dark OR Baltael's Aventail 14 Light, good defense OR Void Rift Cover 12 Dark 3 All
Unhallowed Deathknight Amulet 11 Dark, good defense OR Sundragon Pendant 12 Light
Crogen Amulet 20 Light 20 Dark
Unhallowed Deathknight Belt 11 Light 11 Dark
Legion Bracer 1 All

Total 88+11 Light (max), 85+11 Dark (max)
Realistically 76+11 Light AND 77+11 Dark

If you have Doomknight Cloak, in which case you get 74+16 Light and 75+16 Dark if you swap out Spyblade for Ultimate Destiny
DF  Post #: 73
7/7/2018 11:42:17   
Shadow X Ascendant

You just forget that he takes out -180 Your Defense and -200 of Your crit even if you dodge his attacks, right? And yes, i am using all of these

About Last line, I have NOTHING from Doomknight

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 7/7/2018 11:43:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 74
7/7/2018 11:47:49   
Greyor_42

quote:

You just forget that he takes out -180 Your Defense and -200 of Your crit even if you dodge his attacks, right?

I mentioned the defense debuff. It only targets MPM. And, as I mentioned, his attacks are also very inaccurate. And you don't really need crit, since when he's berserked, he doesn't use his BtH debuffing skill anymore.
DF  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes July 06, 2018: Dreamspace: Dominion
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition