Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes July 06, 2018: Dreamspace: Dominion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes July 06, 2018: Dreamspace: Dominion
Page 4 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/7/2018 12:01:16   
Shadow X Ascendant

And Crogen Amulet is for 10 Turns, with 30 cooldown, and It will be nothing because Kathool will increase your skills cooldown, making you unable to use defense or protection, making Sky kill you

Edit = It worked for nothing, i still got killed by him, that's it, i am going out, i will dream with an nerf that makes it possible...., Inn At Edge of Time is losing it's fun with these annoying challenges, i just hope that the next ones to be more possible and fun .... (what i am talking about, of course they will not be....) i don't want Easy Challenges, i want Possible and Fun Challenges, not this

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 7/7/2018 12:28:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 76
7/7/2018 12:36:35   
Kurtz96

Woo!, Finally beat Dominion. I think it was mentioned that there already have been some nerfs.

I used DmK, but I also did not use optimal equipment or stack light/dark resist and used only 1 potion. I think an armour with high damage and short shield cool down might work. Rift walker comes to mind (though the boost decrease might be bad) or PDL to tank out.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 77
7/7/2018 12:43:42   
Shadow X Ascendant

PDL doesn't worked for me in 5 tries, I don't Have DmK or Riftwalker, so, no progress here
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 78
7/7/2018 13:16:38   
weaseloo

Ok, I pretty much ran over the Seasons duo with DmK and barely survived against Kathool with BSW. Now, any method that is best for the dominion?
Post #: 79
7/7/2018 13:25:11   
Sylveonxy123

Apparently Ascendant is strong enough for this challenge, there's a vid on youtube of someone doing it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 80
7/7/2018 13:25:17   
Kurtz96

Finally beat Dominion again. Fun challenge this week, but I could see it being frustrating without DmK(lucky my main and alt both have DmK V1 and V2 . Have not tried the PDL strategy yet.

I beat the trio with DmK and hero diet. Had 5 potions but did not actually use them. There is optimal equipment to stack light and dark resist but I did not do this.

Instead, I used the zard food item that boosts your avoidance. But you have to be careful since it leaves yous stuffed for 30 turns, making the hero diet useless. I suggest using the hero diet first. Them dropping one zard food during the second enemy you kill. That should leave enough time for the stuffed condition to pass. I found that using it again when Kathool is nuking makes it easy to win since you avoid everything.

Between stun and shield, you should be able to deal with Kathool nuke. I used zard food to make up for the fact DmK has no shield and the fact I am not that good managing cool downs, weaken and malefic binding are the in class way of dealing with nuke. Other than the nuke, Kathool is the easiest once he is alone. Since you just fought 2 other enemies, you health is probably below half anyways.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 7/7/2018 13:28:00 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 81
7/7/2018 14:10:27   
Shadow X Ascendant

I gave another try because of That Video and it doesn't worked for me also, But Ascendant is not Strong Enough For this challenge without an Great Amount of Luck, That is something i don't have. I always Miss when needed, and my Dragon Doest heal/Defend me much as his dragon too... any more ideas?

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 7/7/2018 14:13:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 82
7/7/2018 14:20:31   
Kurtz96

Ensure your baby dragon only have 200 protection.

Also, don't think of it like a trio, but a battle with the duo first. If you can beat them, then Kathool is easy until he starts nuking. And a stun plus shield will finish Kathool and keep him from nuking you.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 83
7/7/2018 14:23:51   
Shadow X Ascendant

I am 100% sure my dragon has 200 Protection
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 84
7/7/2018 14:24:43   
Kurtz96

And only 200 protection? Leave the other 400 points unused.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 85
7/7/2018 14:32:16   
Shadow X Ascendant

Exactly
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 86
7/7/2018 18:24:26   
andybaum005

Just won the Dominion challenge. Albeit, I had to use DmK, Poelala, 200-protection dragon, Seaweed/Hardtack, and all potions to win. Took Maly down first by having some decent IRL luck with my dragon and managing to outtank it by healing every time I got to low HP, then switched to Poelala and full-blocking items to beat Argus and Kathool. Malydrys isn't overly difficult if you play defensively when your BTH is low and offensively when your BTH is high. Argus can be managed if you get your magic-blocking up as high as possible and you blind it regularly. Kathool's basically a breeze if you know when he's about ready to use his nuke and have your defensive skills at the ready during that point.

< Message edited by andybaum005 -- 7/7/2018 18:32:48 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 87
7/7/2018 20:01:28   
Sylveonxy123

Well i give, i used doomknight 5 potions, 200 protect dragon max all resist for dryad, then max light/dark resist for skywatcher, seaweed, rotten hardtack, and zard burger and lost bc skywatcher blinded me 95% of the time while enraged, and when kathool inks you he starts dealing 400-600 damage. It's so stupid that i cant see myself winning this anytime soon, its literally driving me mad bc of how much luck you need for this challenge no matter if you kill the dryad or skywatcher 1st.

< Message edited by Sylveonxy123 -- 7/7/2018 20:16:10 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 88
7/7/2018 22:17:50   
weaseloo

Full detail on how to beat the dominion?
Post #: 89
7/7/2018 22:20:23   
Shadow X Ascendant

Without Doomknight, we have found no strategy that doesn't rely 100% on luck yet...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 90
7/7/2018 23:11:25   
Kurtz96

quote:

Well i give, i used doomknight 5 potions, 200 protect dragon max all resist for dryad, then max light/dark resist for skywatcher, seaweed, rotten hardtack, and zard burger and lost bc skywatcher blinded me 95% of the time while enraged, and when kathool inks you he starts dealing 400-600 damage. It's so stupid that i cant see myself winning this anytime soon, its literally driving me mad bc of how much luck you need for this challenge no matter if you kill the dryad or skywatcher 1st.

I killed the dryad first. Just pace your skills so you can use weaken, corruption, malefic binding on the skywatcher immediately after killing dryad. Use hero diet first, ideally once after killing dryad. Use your stun when Kathool is at 3200 Hp or so since he starts nuking at 3000. If you can't kill Kathool by the end of stun use the zard burger.

1 trick I used is showing the necrotic sword of doom when your skills are locked. This way you have a chance of a 12 hit nuke when you attack.

Also, Kathool does not do 400 damage on ink. If he is for you, maybe stack All resist. Or max luck to avoid attacks (my strategy). It helps to always have something on Kathool (malefic binding, reflect, weaken).

Don't give up, it took me a few tries and some luck (but not too much, as in completely luck based). I would say I did the challenge 6 times and won 3 times so far. But a few of the losses I could have won but made mistakes.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 91
7/7/2018 23:22:44   
Sylveonxy123

Im just done for today, bc jesus, the game didnt want to give me a break on all the bad things that occured, and ink never was an issue in terms of the damage ink does, its skywatcher's damage after being inked is ridiculous as even with max light/dark resist without electric hair, i was still taking 250-400 damage from him.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 92
7/7/2018 23:27:00   
Kurtz96

That is why I maxed luck to avoid his hits. Remember than the skywatcher nerfs B/D/P, not M/P/M. He is not very accurate. I tried to keep him under control with weaken/reflect and once my HP was down to around 500 I use Hero diet to fully heal if needed.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 7/7/2018 23:29:50 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 93
7/7/2018 23:43:37   
Greyor_42

quote:

Remember than the skywatcher nerfs B/D/P, not M/P/M.

You got that backwards. It's MPM he nerfs, not BPD.
DF  Post #: 94
7/7/2018 23:45:20   
Kurtz96

Right. Whatever he nerfs, I had no trouble with a defense build to dodge a good amount of attacks from all 3 of the enemies. Plus the protection dragon raised parry.

Off topic, but why does the dragon randomly boost parry? Why not block or dodge?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 95
7/8/2018 0:51:36   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

Dragon only boosting Parry is a bug that I haven't gotten around to fixing yet.

As for difficulty, the trio fight is definitely one of the harder fights on the board right now. It's a challenge fight. Malydrys and Argus, and Kathool are "baseline" challenge fights- they should present most players with a good challenge to figure out. The trio? It's unfair. It's not meant to be fair.

That said, harder challenges make room for buffs to the player- better items and skills, etc.

Good luck!

EDIT: I may take another look next week, and change a couple numbers. Maybe.

< Message edited by Verlyrus -- 7/8/2018 0:54:41 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 96
7/8/2018 1:03:51   
Kurtz96

I didn't really find the trio unfair. Once I had the rotation and strategy down, I won every 1.5 times maybe so that seems fine. But I was using DmK so that may be a factor.

@Verly
Can I ask you about your design and balancing process?
How do you decide what is too much or what is still possible?
Do you think up a gimmick/strategy first, then build the enemy for that? Or do you make a challenge and then afterwards look for a strategy to win?
Does the staff know how to beat each challenge before release?

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 7/8/2018 1:04:02 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 97
7/8/2018 2:01:03   
TFS

In my humble opinion, Dominion is in a pretty good place right now- while it's certainly easier with classes like Doomknight and Archivist, it's still very doable with more widely accessible classes like Ascendant and Ranger. Preparing your weapons/potions/food/strategy beforehand and familiarity with the fight's mechanics are the keys to defeating Dominion. It's certainly a tough fight, but that's what makes the victory so rewarding.
Just my two cents, I'm a tad biased as I love really difficult fights so take it with a grain of salt.
DF  Post #: 98
7/8/2018 6:07:27   
Darkonus

I enjoyed this challenge a lot! Definitely my favorite of the Inn challenges. It really forces you to use everything to your advantage. For a level 90 player it is exactly the kind of challenge you'd expect for the best (at least currently) accessories in the game.

My strategy for the trio was as follows:
Class: Doomknight
Cape: Necro Paragon Cape IV
Ring: Ring of Thorns IX
Helmet: Fierce DragonLord Helm (lvl 72)
Necklace: Squirrel Tentacle IV
Trinket: Seven "Lucky" Wishbones
Belt: Leorilla Mane Belt IV
Bracer: Legion Bracer
Pet: Dragon (200 protection, 200 magic, 200 fighting)
Weapons: Ultimate Blinding Light of Destiny for Dryad and Skywatcher, Scythe of Elementals (any) on Energy for Kathool, Show Blade of Awe
Stats: 120 LUK (enough to get to 100 crit), 90ish END and 50ish WIS (to get to 2500 HP and 1000 MP), rest in STR
Also: 5 potions. I like to use the Magic Mirror house item to restock as you can get it to send you back to the Inn after you finish the quest.

Rotation:
I went for skywatcher first, but should be about the same if you go for Dryad
Start with void barrier, since BtH will be low for the first couple turns. Follow up with any low cooldown attack.
After turn 3 (no skills), will->spikes. This should stun both Skywatcher and Kathool.
Then Corrupt->Seek->Carve->Bind->Blast. Carve can be used as needed, idea is just to deal damage and keep hp up.
Try and time Drain for just before no skills to get the most out of a health potion used that turn.
Once dryad/skywatcher is defeated and the other enraged, use Weaken.
Keep using health potions to stay alive as needed and use Corrupt->Carve/Seek/Bind once available.
The hardest part is finishing off the enraged dryad/skywatcher, so don't worry too much about saving skills/potions.
Once it is down to Kathool, keep HP below 50% and use Blast, Corrupt->Seek/Carve/Bind when available. Save Spikes and Barrier in case of emergency.
If your health gets too high, use Ritual. If it is still too high or gets too high again, use mana potions or as a last resort, switch to default weapon to lower damage. If your health is just barely too high, use Blood. It lowers your health instantly before the attack connects.
Once Kathool is close to 20% HP, use Spikes->Inner Darkness to finish it off. If it is still alive, use Barrier->Weaken.

Good luck all!

< Message edited by Darkonus -- 7/8/2018 6:14:56 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 99
7/8/2018 17:37:06   
Kurtz96

Beat the trio for the final time to upgrade the ring and necklace for all my characters. DmK came in very handy this challenge.

Is this the first time DmK has been the best class for a challenge? Usually it's lack of a shield makes it bad for Inn challenges since they usually require defenses.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes July 06, 2018: Dreamspace: Dominion
Page 4 of 6«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition