Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= The Chessmaster Saga continues + July's Batch of Golden Giftboxes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= The Chessmaster Saga continues + July's Batch of Golden Giftboxes
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/9/2018 19:46:43   
I Overlord I

Cavernous Chronicle:

The next chapter in our Epic Summer Event resumes as the search for the orbs continues! The tale now takes you underground, but the Beasts have proven tenacious...what surprises await you in the caverns? New friends? Old foes? Hold to your determination. You might need it.

July Golden Giftboxes - Hunger and Perfectly Balanced Blade:

Hunger lets you choose to feed on either the HP, MP or SP of your foes! The Perfectly Balanced Blade is believed by many to be the best-balanced sword in existence.

Please don't tag things yourself. ~Tag'd Anim

< Message edited by AnimalKing -- 7/10/2018 6:03:35 >
AQ  Post #: 1
7/9/2018 20:46:37   
liquiscale

so no friday 13th war? also can't wait for hunger blade, really regretted not picking up SSoB/taxing even with EO around.

also both items are reference to Infinity War?

< Message edited by liquiscale -- 7/9/2018 20:53:55 >
AQ  Post #: 2
7/9/2018 21:10:38   
Heroes of the Scape

AQ rarely does Friday the 13th wars.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
7/10/2018 16:05:45   
Zoulexchanger

Please war!

I love to war again omg here is a reason to make war too :D
Post #: 4
7/10/2018 16:09:43   
aq DarkKnight

Luckily, I got half a dozen UR saved up for these new equipment. I will definitely pick up Hunger blade for it's super special ability.
Post #: 5
7/10/2018 18:06:46   
s_venom

I wonder how the Perfectly Balanced Blade is going to fare. (I.E how many people will actually buy and use it).
AQ DF  Post #: 6
7/10/2018 18:17:18   
Kilvakar

Awesome! More Chessmaster quests! I'm guessing the Beasts are going to get all of the orbs, otherwise we heroes wouldn't have the pleasure of thwarting their evil plans at the last minute, lol! Still hoping to see what the disagreement between the different groups was about...
AQ  Post #: 7
7/10/2018 18:31:17   
RedEyedDrake

So the tally so far is Ice, Wind and Energy for us against Fire, Light and Darkness for them. And now it seems like the Earth orb is the seventh one discovered, meaning that the Water orb is going to be the last one this time around.
AQ  Post #: 8
7/10/2018 19:02:16   
Atomos

^apparently we managed to seize the Fire Orb from them. This week we are meeting the Terrapin again so it seems.
AQ  Post #: 9
7/10/2018 21:27:28   
Master Guardian

Are any GGBs going rare?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 10
7/10/2018 23:43:08   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

None of the board ggbs will be going rare until September, then they will all leave.
AQ  Post #: 11
7/11/2018 5:42:35   
m4k1

Yey! Looks like we're having a new darkness weapon!
AQ  Post #: 12
7/11/2018 9:41:16   
wozzen

Kinda intrigued by the Perfectly Balanced Blade, but a little iffy on the other one, the Hunger; I want it so bad I can taste it, but I don't see myself using it so it'll just drive me mad to see it wasted if I buy it. (bonus points if anybody else feels dork enough to get the musical reference)
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 13
7/11/2018 19:54:03   
Carandor

Archknight
AQ Pedia

"They've got more sharktacons than we've got photon charges!"
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
7/11/2018 20:13:04   
Kaizoku

Perfectly Balanced...if it's a Rare, I'll probably grab it just for looks!
AQ DF  Post #: 15
7/11/2018 22:26:13   
I Overlord I

Hunger's versatility (especially if it's toggle-able between Magic and Melee) alone makes it a worthwhile option, even though a weapon that is (presumably) attuned to Darkness has A LOT of viable alternatives already.
Alternatively, PBB is seemingly Light unless that's just the hue coming off the GGB... Whatever the case, I imagine it will have a lean of +0 with an incredibly high base and low random (maybe even 32-32). -EDIT- Perhaps it'll have a -4 lean with a +4(?) MC bonus to offset it.

< Message edited by I Overlord I -- 7/11/2018 23:26:37 >
AQ  Post #: 16
7/12/2018 2:54:49   
Rastaban

32-32? Sounds like my kind of weapon.
Post #: 17
7/12/2018 13:05:41   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Celebrate the 2nd unluckiest day of the year with Mason's Mask! Now available in the Limited-Time Shop until the 15th.
AQ  Post #: 18
7/12/2018 14:20:29   
John Apple

I don't understand the reference, what does Hunger have to do with Infinity War?
Post #: 19
7/12/2018 14:58:17   
Primate Murder

Alas, the mask is both a face (not a misc) and z-token.
AQ  Post #: 20
7/12/2018 15:22:45   
Lineolata

PBB is an energy clone of Kusanagi. Toggles between melee and magic, has a 2-hit special with a fast animation. 20-proc. Very large damage penalty to pay for autohit, similar to Kusanagi. In theory, the damage penalty should be the same as a +15 BtH lean because balance standards assume an 85% hit rate, but in practice it's probably more than that. Rare box.
Hunger is darkness. Random-heavy damage. Melee/magic toggle on the handle. Blade toggles it between healing HP, MP, and SP with no option to stop healing. No proc. The fraction of damage healed seems fairly small in all cases, and it seems likely that it uses the MC to pay for the leeching, rather than a damage penalty. UR box.

Edit: The fraction seems to be 5% for HP, (5*1.15)% for SP, and (5*1.5)% for MP.

< Message edited by Lineolata -- 7/12/2018 15:37:30 >
AQ DF  Post #: 21
7/12/2018 16:19:01   
Shiba

Its probably 5*9/8 for SP like most SP things. And maybe all are /2 if Eternal Chrono Dagger is anything to go by (although I do not understand why the leech is halved for that, because the MC is just the leech)
AQ  Post #: 22
7/12/2018 17:00:16   
Lineolata

Chessmaster quest has Bell Shell, which heals you for ~18% of the damage you do despite the tooltip saying 13.5% and halves earth damage taken. No downside. It has an earth buff SPell that gives you MRM and reduces the earth damage you take. Non-QC, so only situationally useful, but I can see it coming in handy. It also has a water paralyze MP spell for those who like status spells.

Edit: The SPell's effects scale with Endurance. The buffs are always 3 turns, but the boost to MRM and reduction to Earth damage increase with higher END. Personally I might not use it but I'm still glad to see more END-based stuff come out, it's a neat conceptual niche.

Edit 2: With 0 END I got ~12 MRM and x76% earth damage, 50 END got +16 and x67%, LUPUL had 200 END and got 25.7 MRM and x48.43% earth damage. The Bell Shell misc doesn't give any stats, just the healing and multiplicative resistance.

Edit 3: For fun, some people on the Discord and I started figuring out just how far it'd be possible to go with reducing damage. Stone Golem Form has 39% earth resistance, a FD lean, and -(5/1.4)% damage taken. Macka-Lot Buckler has -26% earth resistance, and up to -(10/1.4)% damage taken. The subtractive earth misc of your choice can give another -10% earth resistance. Gas Rat Grenades are a wind weapon that can inflict a choke for up to -40% of the enemy's damage. And of course the terrapin shell spell has *.48 earth eleshield. So under ideal conditions (over 200 CHA for the shield's passive and 200 END for the buff spell plus a bunch of specific items), we have a fully defensive lean for *.8 damage taken in general, 3% earth resistance, an eleshield for *.48 earth damage taken, and -(15/1.4)% damage taken in general, plus a -40% choke on the enemy. That gives us 0.56777% earth damage taken. Yes, that's an effective earth resistance of under 1%. And no, it's not possible to get that under 0%, since the only thing that could do it is a much larger subtractive boost to earth resistance. Thanks to Anim for reminding me that Stone Golem Form had an additional damage reduction effect and Flawfish for reminding me of Gas Rat Grenades.

Math: 100*.8*.03*.48*(1-((15/1.4)+.4)) = 0.567771429. We start with 100 for 100% of the damage taken, multiply it by 0.8 to take a FD lean into account, multiply it by .03 to take our 3% earth resistance into account, then multiply it by .48 to take the terrapin spell's eleshield into account. The bit after that takes the damage reduction effects from Stone Golem Form and Macka-Lot Buckler into account, plus the monster's Choke status. The first two, taken together, provide -(15/1.4)% damage, and the choke is -40% damage. They're converted into decimals and subtracted from 1 before they're multiplied with the rest to account for them being subtractive penalties to damage.

< Message edited by Lineolata -- 7/12/2018 23:52:24 >
AQ DF  Post #: 23
7/12/2018 17:35:50   
Rastaban

quote:

In theory, the damage penalty should be the same as a +15 BtH lean because balance standards assume an 85% hit rate, but in practice it's probably more than that.

I believe it assumes you have 0 DEX.
Post #: 24
7/12/2018 18:07:14   
Lineolata

That brings up an interesting question. Ranged weapons should assume that you have 200 DEX, right? Would a ranged autohit weapon assume you had 200 DEX and receive less of a damage penalty or what?
AQ DF  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= The Chessmaster Saga continues + July's Batch of Golden Giftboxes
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition