Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =EC 2018= Cellar OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC 2018= Cellar OOC
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/1/2018 0:12:14   
Dragonknight315

Okay, current post is up. Cooperated with Caststarter on the exact timing of Savior Sensation and the verses; overall, an okay from her. Relative position for Autumn has not changed as a result, so her token will remain as is on the map.

Since we are all closing in on the last few days, I want to let you guys know that I had the pleasure of working/collaborating with you guys! I felt like I have had a wonderful opportunity to express my character, and I wish you all the best of luck for the finals.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 76
8/1/2018 22:43:31   
joeyof98

Likewise!
Post #: 77
8/2/2018 0:08:53   
Caststarter

Posted. Talked to DKs about all details, and asked Star on a thing. *Have fun Kell, Joey, and DK! EVEN MYSELF!*

Oh yeah, clarification. Everything within the arena is still tehre. Pillars and everything, including combatants. You see Michalis as stated in the bio visually like that as well, though of course illusions don't overlap.

< Message edited by Caststarter -- 8/2/2018 0:33:11 >
DF  Post #: 78
8/2/2018 7:50:32   
joeyof98

Kellehendros, you didn't look at the picture of the Ascended Chikencow armor, appearently. Your character just made a mistake.

He isn't striking a weak point, the bracers cover the wrist, then taped to halfway down the back of the hand. You aren't striking a week point, you're striking a full seven inches of armor.

As we discussed, that means the blade will treat the first few inches as regular gold. Two other things to discuss, however, are whether the blade will become lodged ( a normal weapon would, but your weapon is not normal) and whether this means, since his reach was unimpeded, whether my character has just grabbed yours and thrown him.
Post #: 79
8/2/2018 8:11:59   
  Starflame13

Riprose has been given my permission to edit his most recent post due to a misunderstanding about Deaths abilities - the blizzard is centered around and moves with Vorric, rather than being stationary.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 80
8/2/2018 18:45:04   
  Starflame13

@Joeyof98 - a few things to clarify on the fight playing out between yourself and Kellehendros! your bio states that:

quote:

He has heavy double-pauldrons, two thick bracers with a four inch plate on the back held on with five metal bands. two layers of chest-plate rest over-top of a red-tunic, and a thick metal-plated belt, bearing a five-inch wide metal buckle hooked to a plate that covered the stomach seven inches across up to just above the belly button, which holds up red pants.

So, Aurinko would be striking through much less than 7 inches of armor, and likely less than 4 inches since that is the listed bracer maximum. Since you stated that Aurinko's blade will pass through the first few inches, this may solve the issue, but it's still worth pointing out that in order for Cadmooz to fully utilize his wrist, the bracers will need to either stop or taper dramatically at the joint. Protection is one thing, but since your character is able to wield a sword, his wrist can't be encased in several inches of solid gold armor, unless you intended for the sword to simply be used as an inelegant chopping weapon (with motion from just the elbow and shoulder joints).

I will leave it to the two of you to determine the exact extent of the strike, and the damage (if any) to Cadmooz, and if Cadmooz is able to power through the damage to the point where he may still be able to successfully grab Aurinko.

@Kellehndros - your thoughts on the matter from that point?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 81
8/2/2018 19:11:39   
joeyof98

Mmm, good point on the thickness. I based the coverage on the original Ascended Chiksncow, though.
Post #: 82
8/2/2018 19:48:55   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Joey, I've reviewed several pictures of the armor. I'll defer to Star's post regarding your original description of the armor, but I have to agree with her point. If the bracer is solid from elbow to wrist as pictured, there would be no way for Cadmooz to bend his wrist backwards, which would severely impact his ability to wield a sword with any degree of fine control. Given the perspective of the game, we can't see if the armor merely covers the visible portion of the arm and wrist but is strapped or tied on the underside. However, if your assertion is that the visible part of the bracer is matched by the unseen backside, that would mean Cadmooz would have no wrist movement period.

The game may picture it that way, but the game doesn't take into account the physiological requirements of a moving body.

That matter aside, whether or not Cadmooz is able to grab Aurinko is going to depend on if and where the attack strikes. If Aurinko misses because Cadmooz draws back his hand, then of course he would not be grabbed. If Aurinko were to hit Cadmooz's hand rather than his wrist, we would have to discuss if that might result in Cadmooz losing a finger or Leikata getting lodged between plates and bone there. If Aurinko were to hit Cadmooz's forearm, where the defense would naturally be thicker, he is far more likely to batter Cadmooz's attempted grab away and leave a (possibly significant) scar on the golden surface of the bracer.

I find it unlikely that Aurinko would be grabbed after hitting Cadmooz though. Even a glancing blow would have significant force enough to foul Cadmooz's aim. He may well be stronger than Aurinko, but the Kaarme is using his entire upper-body for the downward strike.

Cadmooz might be able to drop his hand and get hold of Aurinko's ankle or leg, or just grab hold of the kusazuri and yank him off balance. That would bring his arm out of line with the strike and give him some manner of response to Aurinko's immediate follow up.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 83
8/2/2018 20:36:30   
Dragonknight315

And so, I give my last post this arena. HEAVY collaboration with Caststarter to plan this out; we both agreed on the timing of the matter. To make a point, the hallucinations caused by the magic still take place in the arena; however, both parts to Autumn's hallucination completely obscured her vision of the arena, the bright light in the first part (the swirling lights are supposed to be the glow on the pillars), and then the darkness in the second part. Anything that Autumn said out loud will be heard in the arena by other players while they are in the midst of their own hallucinations. Caststarter clarified with me that while everyone can see Michalis' former form, he can't see our hallucinations, nor can we see each others' hallucinations.

Edit: As for the part of Autumn sensing Michalis' source of magic, we also worked that out. See his post below.

< Message edited by Dragonknight315 -- 8/2/2018 20:43:57 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 84
8/2/2018 20:41:38   
Caststarter

Indeed, which was a fantastic time filled with wunderbar. The illusions I did indeed clarify in OOC in my last post here. It should also be noted that yes, Autumn did sense something within my spoiler section. I allowed that. Since you know, it is reasonable she would be able to sense that sort of thing I thought. So that was a fun time. But yeah, Michalis' former form is definitely a thing that everyone will see, derived from mechanical, flavor, lore, and limitation reasons. Afterall, sucha thing should catch someone's attention considering the actual purpose of the ability.
DF  Post #: 85
8/2/2018 21:42:20   
joeyof98

By the description I gave on the bracers, at least, the plate on the back would be covering the back of the hand, while the bands would end at the wrist. As such, he would have full range of movement except backwards, at the cost of having no armor on his hands themselves. I have kept this in mind in all combat, and as a result he is done of large, sweeping motions from the elbow rather than more finessed movements within the wrist.

Also, you may note that the properties of the armor were meant to absorb conclusive force. While this may not apply the same to the gold that was cut, the rest should sufficiently absorb the impact.

Another thing to note is the angle. Cadmooz pushed himself into a standing position, so a deflection of the arm would push it towards the midriff or belt, which your armor descriptions lead me to believe would provide excellent handhelds to toss your character with.

Have I misunderstood something, or do you believe I have something wrong in my assessment? How, in your opinion, should I handle my side of the confrontation based on these elements? I look forward to your response, this battle is heating up!
Post #: 86
8/2/2018 22:40:45   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Firstly, there appears to be a miscommunication regarding Cadmooz's posture. Your line of reasoning here indicates that Cadmooz is upright. I do not see anything within your last post that supports this. So far as I can see, the following section of your post deals with Cadmooz's positioning during the fall and up through the attempted grab.

quote:

He tripped instead, landing on his left side. He kicked out with his right boot at the fighter, having dropped his blade as he fell. Pushing himself up with his left hand, he reached for the attacker.

Cadmooz fell, dropping his blade as he went down. He then kicked at Aurinko with his right leg, implying that the Kaarme is within melee range. Immediately after kicking, Cadmooz pushes himself up with his left hand while reaching for Aurinko with his right.

At no point in any of that does it indicate that Cadmooz got his legs under himself and resumed an erect posture. Frankly, I don't see how he would have had time to accomplish such a maneuver. It would require pulling his leg back, shifting his weight up on one arm, gathering his legs beneath himself, and then standing. None of which would be conducive to an accurate grab attempt at the same time.

My conclusion after reading your post was that Cadmooz was still on the ground, pushing himself up while reaching. At best, doing this while on one knee.

Secondly, absorption of force is not the same thing as negation of that force. Cadmooz is neither immovable, nor braced in such a fashion as to easily shed a blow. If Aurinko hits Cadmooz's arm, yes, some of the concussive force of the blow will be absorbed by the armor, but his arm is still going to be deflected off course, the same way a tennis racket redirects a tennis ball (though admittedly not with as much force). That push would drive Cadmooz's arm down and back towards his own body. If the two were standing facing one another, this would have the effect of driving his hand further away from Aurinko's body and making catching his belt much harder. If Cadmooz was reaching up from the ground, as I understood him to be from my reading of the post outlined above, that would mean his falling hand could still snag Aurinkno's advanced left leg.

At this point, I think we need to agree on whether Cadmooz is standing, prone, or somewhere between. Then we can sort out what comes next.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 87
8/2/2018 23:36:20   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

It strikes me that I would also need to know to properly account for timing within my post, since my current inclinations/plans involve firing my last shot at Aurinko.

@Starflame - Depending on the conversation's resolution to that particular effect, I may need additional time on the order of a few hours. However, I would still like to post tomorrow before midnight server time if at all possible, so...yeah. I'll keep an eye out.
AQ  Post #: 88
8/3/2018 10:08:50   
joeyof98

Sorry Ronin

@kellehendros- hmm, I understand the confusion. I had based his being standing on a maneuver I could have done, where, upon losing balance, one could use one arm to push themselves into a standing position. However, I had forgotten to figure in the kick, which would change the position of the legs and make the maneuver impossible. Therefore, you are correct, Cadmooz is now on one knee.

Based on the strength I've listed , however, he should still be able to throw you, though how far is debatable. Tell me, how far would you like to fly, and would you like to attack our little archer friend (looks at Ronin slyly.)
Post #: 89
8/3/2018 16:33:02   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

No need to apologize, I just need to be accurate in description. It was worth waiting to be sure, and I might be able to bang out a post even without that extension request.
AQ  Post #: 90
8/3/2018 20:17:27   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

In the interest of moving things along, as I know Ronin wants to post tonight, I propose this:

Cadmooz's tilts his arm slightly, resulting in Aurinko hitting the bracer plate at a glancing angle. As a result, Cadmooz's arm is pushed down, and he grabs hold of one of the faulds of the Kaarme's kusazuri and yanks Aurinko off-balance. Aurinko stumbles forward and Cadmooz gets a better grip on him, presumably with both hands, and throws him north-west-ish, in the FERRET's direction.

I'll handle the fall from there.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 91
8/3/2018 20:32:00   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

That was a bit 11th hour for me to adjust to, so the timing of that will have to play out elsewhere than as part of an understood collaboration present within my particular post.

Rather literally within the final hour before my deadline. XD

E: I did have the opportunity to validate my treatment of Michalis' AoE with Caststarter prior to making that post.

< Message edited by Ronin Of Dreams -- 8/3/2018 20:34:40 >
AQ  Post #: 92
8/4/2018 10:13:09   
joeyof98

A very good idea, I will post soon. First thing, though... I do not know how far we have become from the other two. Are we in range of the effects of Machalis' ability?
Post #: 93
8/4/2018 10:22:21   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

My understanding was that Aurinko and Cadmooz are currently just at the edge of Michalis' aura effect. So they would be affected by it. Or at least, Cadmooz would be. Since Aurinko will shortly be airborne away from it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 94
8/4/2018 11:24:24   
Caststarter

According to Dragonknight, this is sort of the kind of area we are looking at just in case... https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1QuCGBGVSxNZLdlIhmPnex-QcAODSv3j7Xsi_6IseqF0/edit
DF  Post #: 95
8/4/2018 11:42:50   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Ah, yeah, I had forgotten the circle was adjusted larger due to radius/circumference confusion. Either way, inside the aura.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 96
8/4/2018 17:57:10   
Caststarter

So... a few things. My new post is effectively the end of an extensive collab effort performed by Dragonknight and I, where we went on to tell a story about conflicting ideas of lies, destiny, and light. As such, we aimed to grow our characters in various ways. In which case, this led to the culmination to the arrival of Tyrfing as flavour, approved by Star, in order to set the themes and provide a proper closing off of this one wild wide. Thanks to Kell and Ronin for second eyes. This has been one trip I will never forget, for certain. Mysteries have been revealed, powers explained, feels may be had.

Also, no, timing should not be interrupted since Tyrfing did use time powers to get something across, where everything will be the same otherwise. Just flavour and backstory stuff, all in all.

< Message edited by Caststarter -- 8/4/2018 18:01:50 >
DF  Post #: 97
8/4/2018 21:10:23   
joeyof98

Um, so a little question, you said the effects bring out your deepest demons and regrets. Any suggestion on what would happen if he had no regrets? Not that I'm suggesting that he's a perfect angel, it's that he's a mindless drone serving the whims of a tyrannical diety without question.

I know I'm procrastinating a little, but this has been absolutely bugging me. I don't just want to shrug off this ability, but I think it would actually be super out of character for Cadmooz to have any doubt about himself or his cause. Many ideas?
Post #: 98
8/4/2018 21:23:38   
Caststarter

"These illusions typically take the form of anyone’s darkest aspect, be it a dark secret, regret, or vice." That is what it says on the tin. It doesn't necessarily have to be demons or regrets. Even then, the area itself will at least be demonic or unsettling for those inside it.
DF  Post #: 99
8/4/2018 21:34:29   
joeyof98

So, a spectre of failure to his beloved dirty may suffice?
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC 2018= Cellar OOC
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition