Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Cyber Hunter and Blood Mage Buffs

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Cyber Hunter and Blood Mage Buffs
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/21/2018 12:27:48   
.Lord Ginger.

Cyber Hunter:
Cyber hunter is an energy based class, and since builds are most fast paced, cyber has been left behind.
The one build that I still see as cyber is the Support/Massacre/Poison/Malfunction build, which is okay, but I know 5 focus is a build that should be there.

Static charge should receive an energy buff now because the only thing you can really do with it is heal and apply a defense matrix, which isn't good at all, that's why people have high energy with cyber and the malfunction to deal their damage and such.

The Cyber Hunter static charge can not even give enough energy to do a Plasma Grenade, bounty hunter with smoke is a far better option.

To help with Cyber Hunter focus, I seriously think we should help with the EMP grenade... whether it's energy cost or drain, one of those. Now this doesn't mean cyber will always win with the energy manipulation, but it should help.

Any other buff besides a plasma grenade buff would help the strength/massacre cyber build which I don't think needs a buff.

Blood Mage:
Blood mage received a nice buff to make it viable, then it received a nerf... to make it not really a solid option anymore.

The plasma cannon damage nerf I can see, but not with the cooldown of 4, or I can see to keep the cooldown but return the +80 buff, to make it like bunker buster,

Mercenary bunker on 6 is equal to a plasma cannon on 9, and that's just not fair since merc has been an extremely solid class ever since the static smash to 100% conversion, and it still received buffs.

Energy Parasite: The 4 turn cooldown nerf was pretty brutal, not going to lie. 15% energy isn't much to drain, and having the extra turn of cooldown basically returned parasite to where it was before, in fact probably worse against most builds. The 3 turn cooldown should be returned since the only thing that made BM good before the patches was the plasma cannon crits with a 2 turn cooldown.

Any 5 Focus build with an intelligent user can consistently beat a 5 focus blood mage due to the lack of damage (because it was nerfed again in 2 ways) and the bad energy drain (since parasite was nerfed, again)

Blood mage still doesn't have the damage output it needs to compete with other classes, especially with how weak the energy drain with this class is.

I was happy with the update at first, then hated the plasma cannon crits and did want a nerf, and I can see the 3 turn cooldown but keep the +80, but when I saw the parasite nerf, that was a tell-tale sign that it wouldn't be good in 1v1.

Some people immediately hopped back to BH, because it is still solid (although the BH static still needs a buff...?)

Blood Mage still can not compete with the other classes as long as they are played correctly against it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
7/21/2018 13:46:58   
Silver Sky Magician

Just want to note that I met a pretty strong STR CH using max Cheap Shot and Poison

5 focus BM is competitive, they usually fare better than 5 focus BHs against my 5 focus merc as of this update

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 7/21/2018 13:48:26 >
Post #: 2
7/21/2018 15:42:06   
.Lord Ginger.

With mercenary, blood mage can kind of compete, but if the mercenary drains energy near the end to get the extra heal like they should, the BM can’t do anything about it, and they’ll lose. If a class gets close but never wins then there needs to be a buff.

Against bounty hunter, the smoke is still too much for the blood mage, and the parasite extra cooldown hurts too much for a good energy regeneration for blood mage.

Against tech mage strength, blood mage is okay because it has been in general with intimidate and mark of blood.

Against high energy builds BM is pretty solid

However against things with battery backup, the parasite isn't enough to drain enough of it, they're still healing, and they're still killing you. With the extra parasite cooldown, now they get 2 free turns to use their energy. For a class that bases their energy off of their opponents, this seriously needs the 3 turn usage and 3 turn cooldown. But if you don't want to do that, make it 3 turn usage and 4 turn cooldown but honestly buff the percentage drain.

A good Merc kills BM, sure it can be close... can be... should it be? No not really, not unless the BM goes first.

If a blood mage goes second, it’s a tough fight, and it's definitely lopsided against you, and it's really hard to come out on top.
if a blood mage goes first, it'll be a close win...hopefully.

Cyber Hunter focus is what I am talking about, not strength. Refer back to my post about Cyber Hunter for clarification.

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 7/21/2018 16:04:26 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
7/21/2018 18:29:16   
NDB

I agree, CH EMP definitely needs to be buffed back up a bit to make Focus and possibly Tech viable again. Same can be said about TM Plasma Bolt.

Mercenary Bunker Buster needs to be taken down by 40 points. I don't know why it was left at +80.

I agree that making Energy Parasite 3 turns but decreasing the % to 15 makes it so that it is not necessarily better than before. In a few situations it is worse, and in some it is better. So yes, like you said, either revert the cooldown back to three or buff the percentage by a bit.

Overall, I don't actually think BM is horrible. It is better to take down Smoke Screen just a tad bit more rather than trying to buff BM to match BH. After that, Static Grenade could be buffed slightly in the case that BH becomes too weak.

On another note, the damage on Plasma Cannon and Bunker Buster is really putting Super Charge and Surgical Strike to shame. I wouldn't mind a slight buff to these, especially since TM and, it now seems, TLM are struggling. Mercenaries, on the other hand... may need to be taken a notch down elsewhere, regardless. Static Smash feels slightly too powerful now, so a nerf to that seems most logical.
Epic  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Cyber Hunter and Blood Mage Buffs
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition