Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Ku-dur-agon (current version)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Comparison and Strategy] >> Battle Strategy >> Ku-dur-agon (current version)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/7/2018 20:03:30   
aq DarkKnight

Video tutorial: Battle begin at 1:48 of the video
Monster/Quest Name: Ku-dur-agon(Pre-nerfed)/Chessmaster: Going Kukoo
Character Link: https://aq.battleon.com/build30/charview.asp?temp=70499719
Guardian/Adventurer: X-Guardian
Level Version of Monster: 150
Build: Annihilator Beastmaster Mage
Items Equipped:

• Weapon: Zealot Wrath --> Arcane Cutlass of Combustion
  • Armor: Whispering Raiment --> Pyromancer Bloodmage*
  • Shield: Celtic Wheel*
  • Spell: Purple Rain --> Archmage Research (optional)
  • Pet: Poelala
  • Guest: Poelala
  • Misc: Essence Orb --> Shadowfeeder Pendant --> Love Potion #736 --> Blood Contract
  • Potion Effect: Ambush Potion from Lucretia's Apothecary + 100 Momentum
  • Ally Assist: None
  • Potion Used: 0/35

Previously Used Strategies: Equip Whispering Raiment and Celtic Wheel before the battle starts, and hope that your maximized initiative bonus lets you go first. If not, do not worry as your maximized Momentum carried over from previous battles will help minimize the damage from his onslaught. Now that you made it this far, begin this following rotation carefully:

Cast Purple Rain. Equip Shadowfeeder Pendant and try to gain Celerity. Then equip Love Potion #736 to stun Ku-dur-agon for an extra turn. Equip Pyromancer Bloodmage and empowered Celtic Wheel and get Arcane Cutlass of Combustion. Recast Purple Rain again until the checkpoint has been rewind. Equip Blood Contract and simply nuke away with your armor Skill ability. Ku-dur-agon should either be dead or almost dead by that point after that devastating nuking attack. If the boss somehow managed to survive, just finish him off the next turn you get.

Notes:
  • Out of all of the equipment, Shadowfeeder Pendant is the most essential for this or any other Boss battles.
  • Acquiring 100 Momentum beforehand will immensely help improve your chance of survival for the entirety of this quest.
  • Due to Ku-dur-agon's elemental resistances changing randomly every encounter, it's best to adjust your armor and shield that can target his weakest element to nuke it.
  • Ku-dur-agon is like an element-shifting stronger version of Armegoggon. With 275 LUK, he will more than often get a drop on you first and dealt massive damage.
  • Real life luck, the blessing of RNGeus, and needing specific bits of equipment is complete bologna! There is, in fact, numerous ways to beat him.
    *If you know of any such examples, please provide your methods in a battle template format like I did so we can see how our strategy differs and how to better refine it.
  • You DO NOT need to use any potion pots put Ku-dur-agon down, he could be one-shotted with the right set up.
  • Ku-dur-agon, although bugged, is actually still severely weaker than Wicked King.
  • Create this thread as a tribute to Raylas, Xehanort, Sunblaze, LurkBlackSmith, Blue Revenge, RedEyedDrake, and many others to prove this boss is not invincible and to revenge their defeat at the hand of this boss.

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 8/14/2018 11:50:29 >
  • Post #: 1
    8/7/2018 23:58:01   
    liquiscale

the boss just dies like 99.9% of other monsters in the game is there really a need for this

purple rain -> quick cast spells/effects such as subrace mesmerize/snarl, buffalot beach body, moonwalkers grace, etc. (use essence orb if you need sp) -> purple rain -> equip op booster pets/guests -> put on any strong nuke vs him like subrace beast form, white knight z, horoshow, bloodmages, kindred and nuke

< Message edited by liquiscale -- 8/8/2018 0:02:07 >
    AQ  Post #: 2
    8/8/2018 0:06:17   
    Lineolata

Hahahahahahahaha How The Heck Is Ku-Dur-Agon Real Hahahaha Man Just Use Kindred Strike Like Mate Nuke The Boss Haha
    AQ DF  Post #: 3
    8/10/2018 6:42:14   
    aq DarkKnight

Unlike 99.9% of the monster, this is the first time we encounter an unique element-shifting ability boss as far as I can remember. That and it's close to impossible to beat if your armor's Skill is element-locked to one element and could not nuke that precious 200% resistance once the boss get a drop on you. Even I must admit that I would be royally screwed if he do not have 200% resistance to fire or light on first turn and avoid changing to that sought-after weakness.
    Post #: 4
    8/10/2018 8:41:38   
    Primate Murder

Hardly a problem. Keep him stunned with Love Potion and hit with Kindred (I two-shot him) or Beast/Evolved form. Generealist with Imbue toggled works as well.

This could be harder for FD builds, but that's what you have paralysing and choking equipment for. It also pays to have a few potions in reserve.

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 8/10/2018 8:42:02 >
    AQ  Post #: 5
    8/11/2018 11:58:58   
    roobee

If your character's level is low enough, using the assassin's creed skill of whispering raiment + purple rain (to redo it) + essence orb (for quick sp) is viable. It's chancy, but you should be able to do it enough for it to work before running out of hp/sp.
    Post #: 6
    8/14/2018 8:13:06   
    aq DarkKnight

@Lineolata, I took your timely advice and test it on the Challenge Mode Wicked King. It easily make a light work of that challenge boss, I four-shot him in under a minute. This prove that Kindred Strike strategy worked well on everyone else as well with the exception of pack monsters like Night of 100 Ninjas and that overrated Essence of Wind Dragon, as long as you remember to full it up with enough Tranquility Charges points.

< Message edited by aq DarkKnight -- 8/14/2018 8:19:27 >
    Post #: 7
    8/14/2018 18:28:35   
    davesf989

Tranquility Charges did the trick 3 rounds .
    Post #: 8
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Comparison and Strategy] >> Battle Strategy >> Ku-dur-agon (current version)
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition