Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: FleshWeaver and ChaosWeaver Progress....

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and ChaosWeaver Progress....
Page 2 of 8«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/22/2018 13:13:32   
Fire alandry

I'm think that when you're FW, you can find undeveloped ES on your own, so you won't even need Aegis. I mean, ES are your food.
DF  Post #: 26
8/22/2018 13:53:29   
Zeldax

One thing to note: Since Dove doesn't want to literally lock us out of most content, replaying quests will be possible with Fleshweaver. Locking players out of every quest with Aegis in it is not exactly a good thing to do from gameplay perspective. So quests like the ones in the Void Ship Saga (and probably the SoulForge quests too) will be playable even with Fleshweaver.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
8/23/2018 2:48:14   
Sakurai the Cursed

quote:

Some small corrections. Dove confirmed that a Chaosweaver does not necessarily need to have a Corrupted Soul Ally. What makes you a Chaosweaver is that you use your Soul Ally in combat. Dove also mentioned that if we were a student of Edelia and they found out that we used Aegis in combat, we'd be banished from the school and we'd be branded Chaosweavers (which we technically are; we also technically already have three CW classes being SW, MSW, and enTropy). What corrupts your soul ally is your intentions. If you have bad intentions as a Weaver then you begin to corrupt your Soul Ally and vice versa.

I assume this was said on Discord or something? Because it contradicts what he's said before on the forums and Twitter; that we would be considered ChaosWeavers if it weren't for Aegis, meaning that we aren't and that's because we use a Pure Spirit, or maybe a Spirit of Virtue; he did say that there's a grey area and there can be Pure Spirits of Vice and Corrupt Spirits of Virtue. And would it not mean that Danyel, literally the head of the SoulWeavers at this point in time, is a ChaosWeaver also? Either way, if that idea has changed then a link/screenshot to where it was said would be nice.

quote:

We also definitely will not consume Secundus, especially because we are in the loop in which Roirr/Vaal become Secundus who then ensures that Roirr and Vaal will always become Secundus.

But why can't the Secundus we're dealing with now be from after ensuring the loop happens?

@SalomonSnow - I understand your frustration, however as I said it's non-negotiable; this is the quote from Tomix when first discussing whether the class could be a thing:
quote:

If you'd have to devour Aegis in order to be able to unlock the Fleshweaver class, would you do it?
This is a serious question.
I can make a Fleshweaver class in the future, but you'd have to absorb your only one soulally to unlock it.

Followed by this:
quote:

No changing. To become a Fleshweaver, a price has to be paid. This price is Aegis.
I've said it twice. I can't make myself clearer.

And when asked why it had to involve eating Aegis, he said this:
quote:

I can't reveal that Megakyle, without spoiling a very important future plot point.
Sorry.

So, there's some lore reason that it has to be done to become a Fleshweaver, but we don't know what that is yet.

Incidentally, if you want to read through the threads where we talked about this initially years ago, I warn you it's a lot of back-and-forth and bickering about whether this is something that should be allowed to happen or not, but here they are:
FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class
FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 8/23/2018 2:49:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
8/23/2018 5:22:53   
Zeldax

quote:

I assume this was said on Discord or something? Because it contradicts what he's said before on the forums and Twitter; that we would be considered ChaosWeavers if it weren't for Aegis, meaning that we aren't and that's because we use a Pure Spirit, or maybe a Spirit of Virtue; he did say that there's a grey area and there can be Pure Spirits of Vice and Corrupt Spirits of Virtue.

Yeah, Dove said it on Discord. It's possible that things have changed since the time Dove tweeted that, especially since the tweet was 3 years ago. A ChaosWeaver is basically a BattleWeaver. It might be that having a Corrupted Elemental Spirit as your soul ally automatically makes you a ChaosWeaver too, but you don't necessarily need one to be a Chaosweaver.

quote:

And would it not mean that Danyel, literally the head of the SoulWeavers at this point in time, is a ChaosWeaver also?

Dove mentioned that Headmasters of Edelia are trained to fight to protect their students, so no. Edelia's Headmasters are a special case.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
8/23/2018 7:57:10   
Phastore

quote:

Chaosweavers weave with corrupted elemental spirits
this has not changed
by EDELIA'S LAW you would be considered a chaosweaver, because you use weaving in battles
and Aegis keeps you on the straight and narrow

Dove just said this on Discord.
AQW  Post #: 30
8/23/2018 7:57:47   
Tomix
Soulweaver

Chaosweavers weave with corrupted elemental spirits
This has not changed
By EDELIA'S LAW you would be considered a chaosweaver, because you use weaving in battles
Aegis keeps you on the straight and narrow

Headmasters of the soulweaving school Edelia are permited by their laws to protect the students, therefore they are allowed to use weaving in battles and not be bid a chaosweaver.
The concept has been fleshed out since it was first introduced in game, it's not so black and white anymore.

To keep things organized:
You are a chaosweaver if you weave with a corrupted elemental spirit
You are CONSIDERED a chaosweaver, by the soulweaving community, if you use your soulally and weaving in battles
Your intentions can corrupt your soulally
Corrupted soulally can corrupt your soul
Soulweavers use their weaving ONLY as an artisan job, to make soulwoven clothes and fabric
Edelia and proper soulweaving follows rules set by Baltael himself. The rules are followed to this day, but since times have changed, these rules may sound problematic in current times.

< Message edited by Tomix -- 8/23/2018 7:58:13 >
DF  Post #: 31
8/23/2018 8:30:31   
Zeldax

Wording is very important when it comes to Weaver lore
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
8/23/2018 9:54:25   
Sakurai the Cursed

Ah I see, that clears things up! Thanks a bunch Dove. :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
8/23/2018 10:03:52   
Grandpa Oz
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

We have a Discord?
DF AQW  Post #: 34
8/23/2018 10:10:53   
Fire alandry

So, by Edelia's law the hero is considered CW? Interesting.
DF  Post #: 35
8/23/2018 11:28:20   
dragon_monster

Also we do not know how to make cloth and fabric so I wonder what are we? An battleweaver?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 36
8/23/2018 11:53:19   
Shadow X Ascendant

@Grandpa OZ, we always had. The Falcon's Nest.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 37
8/23/2018 18:40:36   
SalomonSnow

i'm so excited about this classes, but both CW and FW could bring some complications to (my love) aegis, and if this could be true. I won't use this class. Aegis is my best character
DF AQW  Post #: 38
8/23/2018 20:18:15   
OpprobriousPinecones

Since Chaosweaver is a DC class, it won't be canonical; you don't have to worry about corrupting Aegis.
Post #: 39
8/23/2018 21:09:25   
Sakurai the Cursed

Yeah, despite being an advocate for the class to exist back when it was first discussed simply because more options are always good, I'm still not sure myself if I'll use FW or not. Or rather, I'm 99.99% sure I will unlock it and fully train it, just to see what happens and how it plays, but I'm not sure if I'll keep it or revert the choice. I think it would take an extremely powerful and, more importantly, extremely fun class to make up for losing Aegis and Baltael Soul Weaver - literally one of the best guests and one of the best classes - and that's assuming the morality of the situation is something I can accept.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
8/24/2018 4:44:08   
Grandpa Oz
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

@SxA Discord itself isn't that old, mind sharing a link?
(Or PMing me, whatever is in line with the forum rules)

< Message edited by Grandpa Oz -- 8/24/2018 4:48:16 >
DF AQW  Post #: 41
8/25/2018 4:14:04   
tydus dragous

im perfectly fine with losing aegis as long as FW has high damage thats literally all i use him for anyway
DF  Post #: 42
8/25/2018 13:20:07   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

@tydus dragous: You make a good point. If we are to lock out the use of Aegis, I would hope that Fleshweaver is powerful enough to compensate for the loss of one of the most powerful guests in the game.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 43
8/25/2018 23:58:25   
Shadow X Ascendant

Everyone should see Dove's Last tweet.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 44
8/26/2018 3:02:57   
OpprobriousPinecones

Consuming a stronger spirit makes us stronger Fleshweavers. No issues here. :D
Post #: 45
8/26/2018 12:55:28   
Edorath

Not entirely on topic but this thread is the closest this link can get at. I wonder if we're going to see Aegis in his third form when MSW gets a working Baltael's Aventail.
AQ AQW  Post #: 46
9/1/2018 3:21:00   
Shiny_Underpants

quote:

~original: @Tomix, June 2013
Each of the 4 families use Elemental Spirits, in certain ways.
When a Soulweaver create a bond with an Elemental Spirit, he starts calling him his "SoulAlly".
ChaosWeavers, SoulSmiths and Murks call their Elemental Spirits "friends" differently.

source

In addition, the different types of allies seem to have different effects on the souls of the users:
  • Soulweavers call their partners 'allies' and have pure souls, which are cyan-blue in colour. They become pure spirits after death.
  • Chaosweavers weave with 'soulminions', and have corrupted souls. These are presumably red in colour, with a white core (?)
  • Fleshweavers call their spirits 'dinner', and have tainted souls. These are probably visually similar to Roirr's, i.e. black core, red outside. If your soul is tainted, you do not become an elemental spirit after death.
  • It is unknown what Soulsmiths call their spirits. Flux, workpieces, unbeaten scraps. It probably doesn't matter too much to the smiths; you see, Soulsmiths are heartless, as their ranks are comprised entirely of absentee fathers. Their souls are pitch black in colour, without a speck of brightness in their endless depths.
DF MQ  Post #: 47
9/1/2018 3:54:15   
Edorath

Wait where did you get the info about souls? AFAIK soulallies just have been shown to be a colour related to their element and lighter shades of that colour, much like baltael or aegis, and corrupt elemental spirits have been shown (thus far) to follow similar color schemes and black or darker shades of it instead. It also doesn't help that the two corrupt spirits we've seen were attuned to fire (envy and greed nonwithstanding since they were both special cases).
AQ AQW  Post #: 48
9/1/2018 4:04:20   
dragon_monster

Yeah I am not even now sure there is an difference between an soulweaver that fights and an chaosweaver. How is an soul ally corrupted in what way are they becoming evil? Are they crazy?
Tomix used corrupted soul allies was he an chaosweaver? It does fit booth the Edalia rule and the other rule about what makes an chaosweaver.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 49
9/1/2018 8:42:58   
Shadow X Ascendant

Soulweavers fighting with Chaosweaver fightning is like well, Chaos spider guard and chaos spider artisan?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and ChaosWeaver Progress....
Page 2 of 8«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition