Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: FleshWeaver and ChaosWeaver Progress....

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and ChaosWeaver Progress....
Page 4 of 8«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/21/2018 16:18:36   
Shadow X Ascendant

Now thw question is Ultimate Aegis or Fleshweaver?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 76
9/26/2018 14:24:33   
Sinclair Glory

Was there any information on when we can expect the classes? (CW, FW)
Post #: 77
9/26/2018 14:43:34   
Shadow X Ascendant

We will know this week maybe... After Epoch Testing Release.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 78
9/26/2018 22:30:25   
Greyor_42

All we know is that CW will come first and FW will come before the death of Flash.
DF  Post #: 79
9/29/2018 4:17:00   
AutumnSilence

I really don't want to lose Aegis, so if obtaining Fleshweaver requires eating him, then it gets a hard pass from me. That said, I do want to play the whole 'ultimate scholar' (learn everything I can about a subject, etc.), so an alternate route to obtaining Fleshweaver would be great. But since this Dove person (whoever they are - as far as I was aware from reading the design notes, Tomix and Verlyrus were the only staff actively working on DragonFable, particularly as only their twitters are linked at the end of each entry there) seems to be saying that's impossible, it looks like I'm going to have to miss out.

Although if we do get an update to anything SoulWeaver related (Master or otherwise), I'd love for the effects in each skill to change colour depending on the element of the weapon being used, as the SoulClaws do.

Oh, and in regard to the whole ChaosWeaver/SoulWeaver distinction, it's entirely possible that Danyel, in his role as headmaster of Edelia, has given the Hero a pass for using Soulweaving in battle, thus making us technically not ChaosWeavers.

< Message edited by AutumnSilence -- 9/29/2018 4:20:16 >
DF  Post #: 80
9/29/2018 4:29:38   
BluuHorseOfficial

Tomix IS Dove, he just adopted a new name.

Also, we didn't learn Weaving at Edelia, so I doubt that really anybody would care.

< Message edited by BluuHorseOfficial -- 9/29/2018 4:30:33 >
DF  Post #: 81
9/29/2018 6:48:21   
AutumnSilence

Ah, I didn't realise Tomix had changed his Twitter name. Still, I really hope that there is some alternate route to obtaining FleshWeaver - something like partway through the quest where we try and eat Aegis, turning around to devour Secundus and Piotr or something - alternate endings to some quests would be nice.

That is not dead which can eternal lie...and with strange aeons even death may die
DF  Post #: 82
9/29/2018 7:59:35   
BluuHorseOfficial

You can’t. Dove explicitly stated that you can only fleshweave by consuming your soulally i.e. the soul bonded to you.
DF  Post #: 83
9/29/2018 14:08:52   
Sinclair Glory

Honestly it's not even that difficult. You either consume Aegis for FleshWeaver or you don't (I will though ).

However IF you wish to keep up with both sides of the story, meaning, to see what would happen if you consumed Aegis and to see what would happen if you didn't then you can always create a second character in the same account. Problem solved.

Please keep fonts at a maximum of Size 3. ~San Robin

< Message edited by San Robin -- 9/29/2018 17:02:57 >
Post #: 84
10/1/2018 0:46:02   
Demonic_Tofu

Oi... this is getting pretty bad. Especially for us who follow this thread to check if development of chaosweavers/fleshweaver is going to be completed. I really hope I don't offend. I simply just want to point out there is 4 PAGES of the same back and forth banter.
Post #: 85
10/1/2018 3:36:03   
Sakurai the Cursed

Plus over 40 pages of the same back and forth that we had back when the idea was first proposed...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 86
10/1/2018 3:59:38   
Malarik the Caster

Personally, I find this an interesting case study. Something like Fleshweaver, a concept which was teased significantly ahead of time, dividing the fan base as a result of such hype. The game, unlike other games, has never done this, typically surprising (I use the term very loosely) us with every release. I detect a little something the devs aren't telling us here. Chaosweaver is understandable; it has no direct impact on the game at large, as it is non-cannon. But Fleshweaver, this is an entirely new beast. Not only does it go against our character (as the latest iterations of us prove us to not only be 'stock hero' but also 'stock good guy naive' and 'stock hopeful purity') but it would break the game entirely from a storytelling perspective. Dove and crew know this, and this game's #1 rule, if it has one, is that there is only one ending. Why would they offer us a massive choice now? And considering how poorly I hear that went down in other AE games (does AQW even have an NPC roster anymore?), why would this game behave differently? Let's say we end up with a 50/50 split of the fanbase and half of us choose the power, the other half Aegis. Now all we have done is made a new 'class system' so to speak. One route would ultimately end up superior, and become the objective better choice (Baltael Master Weaver and Uber Aegis or Fleshweaver scaryboi). Yes, most players have alts that will allow them to play both sides, but the vast majority of us are only invested truly into one of their characters. Alts tend to be rushed things that exist just to access other possibilities, such as this situation right here.

Now here is the thoughtcrime ideaofmine. What if this is a red herring? What if, we will never get Fleshweaver? What if, maybe, for a second, we become Fleshweavers, maybe for the duration of an event, like the Zardbie thing from a few years back, and then back out at the last second. What if, in a final battle against Aegis, he defeats us, or appeals to our humanity? Why would we cannonically ever do this?
The last time a hero was driven to power, Valen happened. Maybe, me thinks, that is the reason for a reintroduction of Amadeus and the whole Lyn thing. What if, this is what the game is building towards, and some event drives the hero, cannonically, towards this? What if, in the end, our greatest foe is ourselves? Something else will happen here. Likely everything I've just typed is rubbish, but think about it. For the first time ever, we have been given information, ahead of time, about a first ever choice ability in-game, about breaking our character's predetermined personality and traits, for the sake of cool gameplay features?
All I have to say, is let's not jump to any of these conclusions. Before anyone tells me about the Fire Paradigm and the buttons, the voidship is still incomplete. There are buttons all over Lore that were meant for greater things. Dove is up to something. Let's see what he has planned.
Post #: 87
10/1/2018 4:05:44   
Silver

my money's on a cliche "oh no aegis is about to die quick let's eat him" scene to unlock fleshweaver
Post #: 88
10/1/2018 4:25:11   
Lujikul

I would be okay with an "Aegis is about to die quick eat him" scene. While I'd probably kill him either way, (never really used him as a guest) it would give the player some ethical respite, and it wouldn't seem to be too beyond belief that if Aegis were to die he'd want the player to consume him so some of his power and existence is retained. You may be a horrific monster, but would still keep you on the straight path.
Post #: 89
10/1/2018 15:09:26   
Sinclair Glory

Speculating... maybe a battle/situation will be introduced to us where our Hero sees no other way to gain enough strength to defeat our big foe and Aegis then suggests a form of weaving not many practice (FW). If we do to take him up on the offer, we gain an immeasurable power to eradicate the threat in front of us. We know we won't have to "eat" Aegis. Maybe the better word to use is 'merge'? We become one entity and Aegis lives through us. Have conversations with Aegis in our head from every now and then in our dreams? Just a thought.
Post #: 90
10/1/2018 16:22:33   
Greyor_42

quote:

We know we won't have to "eat" Aegis.

Except we know quite explicitly that we do have to consume Aegis to get the class. What you're describing is just Full Synch, which is a soulweaving ability we can't do, because we never weave with Aegis.
DF  Post #: 91
10/1/2018 18:36:16   
Arcturus96

I find it interesting that, technically, we already are Chaosweavers, as far as Edelia is concerned. So was Tomix, and I would have to imagine Belle is considered one as well. I find it hard to believe this will not come up in a story plot somewhere, given that we are Master SoulWeavers now and can probably take on the beast Weavers at the Academy.
Post #: 92
10/1/2018 19:43:15   
Greyor_42

quote:

and I would have to imagine Belle is considered one as well.

Why would she be considered a Chaosweaver by Edelia? She openly refuses to fight.

quote:

given that we are Master SoulWeavers now

We actually aren't. Over on the discord, Dove said in response to someone asking if just anybody can put on a fancy coat and make themselves a master:
quote:

your hero did this, or did you really think you were a MASTER soulweaver?

And in a later post, he gave both the in-game and meta reason for the master soulweaver class:
quote:

lore-reason = you liked Tomix coat, so you had it commisioned from him and he named you master soulweaver!
game-play reason = people REALLY wanted tomix's coat and master soulweaver class

Note that we had it commissioned from him, we didn't even make it ourselves. We're actually a terrible excuse for Soulweaver.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 10/1/2018 19:44:11 >
DF  Post #: 93
10/1/2018 22:50:35   
Arcturus96

We're actually a terrible excuse for Soulweaver.
I can't see how we're terrible. Sure, we didn't go to Edelia to learn, but we took on Greed and Envy, no easy task. Plus there's all the other storylines we've done as a Soul Weaver, giving us much more life experience than your run-of-the-mill Weaver graduate. I'd say that, while we stink at weaving clothes, we excel at the most important thing: combat and defense.
Post #: 94
10/2/2018 0:10:52   
Greyor_42

Arcturus, in your argument about why we're a great Soulweaver, you literally described exactly why we're a terrible excuse for a Soulweaver. Because all we can do with it is fight. Here's the thing about Soulweavers. They can do that, too, they're just not allowed to use weaving to do so. There is literally nothing stopping them from picking up a sword, hammer, axe, or dagger, whatever, and using some form of martial skill in open combat, aside from their own moral choices. The thing is, the only thing that determines how good you are as a SOulweaver is just that, your ability to weave. Of which the Hero has none. We are not a Soulweaver, really, we're a battleweaver.
Which is why Chaosweaver is a non-canon class. We're technically already a Chaosweaver(which is what we actually are good at), with the exception that our partner isn't corrupted.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 10/2/2018 0:12:11 >
DF  Post #: 95
10/2/2018 0:51:57   
Shadow X Ascendant

Yeah he isn't corrupted.........Yet....
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 96
10/2/2018 1:21:56   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

Being a chaosweaver is MUCH more than just using the weaving to fight. Condering we are the hero of Lore, it can be forgiven we use soulweaving to fight since thats what we do best, it's like being a dragonlord and yet help the dragonslayers, because we earned this special status due our achievments and trust built on it. Chaosweaving is weaving with CORRUPTED spirits, weaving to cause pain and self gains, using dark rituals to wound the soul, mostly of innocent people rather than someone who deserves it, like a necromaner terrorizing the town. We are not chaosweavers because we weave to fight. The Hero and Tomix are, however, unorthodox soulweavers. (Well, technicaly Tomix can be said as chaosweaver since he wove with TWO corrupted spirits, Aspar and Pandora, but his moral compass was towards soulweaving.) I don't think soulweavers are FORBIDDEN to fight, especialy in self defense, but using soulweaving to fight is most likely seem as a very crude and dishonored use of their arts.

Personaly I don't think CW is THAT non-canon since the hero can be a chaosweaver as much as he can be a Necromancer and Deathknight, Yea, it's all dark arts, but the intention counts too! and IMO Fleshweaver should be the non-canon one, it's pretty much like Entropy and Doomknight, that class feels so... WRONG, in the hero's moral compass xD I mean, come on, the hero can be a little chaotic but consuming your soul-ally for a kind of magic even SEPULCHURE describes as "terribly wicked" and "sinister" is really pushing what Dove have in mind for the plot and worldbuilding of DF.

< Message edited by ergotth -- 10/2/2018 1:28:26 >
DF AQW  Post #: 97
10/2/2018 9:11:37   
Shadow X Ascendant

But Entropy And DMK not make you lose Aegis and 2 Classes Forever.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 98
10/2/2018 9:20:17   
BluuHorseOfficial

^how is that relevant to anything ergotth said?

He meant that the class seems morally wrong for a hero to use the way enTropy and DoomKnight do. Wether or not these classes lock guests or other classes is irrelevant.

Plus, they’re non-canon. All of them. Including ChaosWeaver. Why? Well, all are DC classes. And Fleshweaver is a class intended for fun.
DF  Post #: 99
10/2/2018 10:11:56   
Arcturus96

quote:

I don't think soulweavers are FORBIDDEN to fight, especialy in self defense, but using soulweaving to fight is most likely seem as a very crude and dishonored use of their arts.

Actually, they are forbidden to fight, Dove expressly said so. That's why we are considered Chaosweavers for what we do.

@Greyor_42 where are your Edelia Weavers trained to fight with Weaving though? They're not allowed to. Sure, they can use a sword, but we can use that, plus we can use our soul weaving to fight. The only thing we can't do is make clothes. All things aside, I'd say we trump them.

< Message edited by Arcturus96 -- 10/2/2018 10:33:39 >
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and ChaosWeaver Progress....
Page 4 of 8«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition