Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: FleshWeaver and ChaosWeaver Progress....

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and ChaosWeaver Progress....
Page 7 of 8«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/11/2018 11:55:25   
Shadow X Ascendant

I am the only one hoping that In The first week and only week that Chaosweaver is Released , it can come by an discounted price?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 151
10/13/2018 10:34:42   
rater202

Aegis does talk about being happy to Weave with s again once we reunite with him in book 3 Raveloss, before completing the saga, so at the very least we've done some weaving.
AQ DF  Post #: 152
10/13/2018 12:01:39   
Ace Woodlink

quote:

Nope. We've canonically never woven with Aegis. Heck, the Master Soulweaver coat was something we commissioned from Tomix because we liked his, so he made it for us and named us "master".

Yeaaaaah no. Master SoulWeaver is only obtainable after finishing the Tomix Saga, AFTER he threw himself into the Void Core to destroy Envy. Going into "Past" Pellow Village is just us reliving our memories; the Equilibrium Gate is forever shut off from the Void after that.
MQ  Post #: 153
10/13/2018 12:10:52   
OpprobriousPinecones

That's just gameplay reasons, though; in the Dragon's Nest Discord, Dove gave that to us as the reason why "Master SoulWeaver" is a class.
Post #: 154
10/13/2018 12:10:52   
Shadow X Ascendant

Or you can go to Ravenloss portal and Select "Past" Ravenloss
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 155
10/13/2018 12:29:00   
rater202

I was able to get Master SoulWeaver before I finished the Saga.
AQ DF  Post #: 156
10/13/2018 12:32:43   
OpprobriousPinecones

I think I was able to, as well, but I went on a rather long hiatus so my memory is a bit fuzzy.
Post #: 157
10/13/2018 12:38:57   
Greyor_42

I know for a fact that I got MSW before finishing the saga, because for the longest time, I had absolutely no idea how to continue the Void Saga past going onto the unfinished Void Ship, but I still had MSW.
DF  Post #: 158
10/13/2018 12:49:17   
Shadow X Ascendant

So you guys got it before the Full Update on Ravenloss there was a bug that let you use MSW before finishing the saga. But is fixed already.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 159
10/14/2018 7:09:13   
Flabagast

I'm fairly certain the Master Soulweaver class became available around the time Book 3 Pellow Village opened up.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 160
10/15/2018 13:58:06   
Sakurai the Cursed

@rater202 -
quote:

Aegis does talk about being happy to Weave with s again once we reunite with him in book 3 Raveloss, before completing the saga, so at the very least we've done some weaving.

Well, Dove said that's because of Aegis having little memory of his life before becoming an Elemental Spirit; it's apparently a common thing with ES, but not a strict rule or anything (Aegis in particular, he said, doesn't want to remember, what with the betrayal and all). To put it simply, he doesn't actually remember the strict rules and practices of SoulWeaving, so he's as clueless as the player as to what SoulWeaving really is. They both just have what Tomix has taught them to go on, and he didn't really teach the player SoulWeaving, he taught them BattleWeaving.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 161
10/16/2018 15:17:43   
Shadowbane0

So, I'm looking at the motivations of our hero to actually go into fleshweaving, despite the fact that it would mean actively harming Aegis, even with how close friends we are, and I can only think of one thing.
They feels they can take a hit for someone else, or that the people need them to be stronger.

Our hero can't stand letting people get hurt, but is otherwise passive and gets strung along for thousands of quests and adventures for it. At the end of the Caitiff saga, we see the hero actively choose to not make a decision, and in hindsight, they almost always do. The only reason they are a hero in the first place is because they can't let people being hurt.

So, Fleshweaver is only accessible if somehow, we feel as if that's what we are doing. So, one idea I was thinking was they don't necessarily consume and kill Aegis, but use their knowledge as a soulweaver to actively fuse Aegis into their body, meaning Aegis would still live somewhat, but the consequences would still be dramatic, as they, along with any other "consumed" spirits would become forceful voices in our mind, and because of our weak will, we could be pulled around in erratic and unhealthy ways. What's worse, this would likely corrupt the spirits we do fuse, meaning that the otherwise friendly Aegis could start to become corrupted, possibly turning from Valor to Justice to Vengeance.

Still a dark turn from us, but it would really drive our major character flaw to home. We get into trouble because we can't say no and to protect others even as it destroys us, and then destroy everything around us, and even making the people we want to protect become monsters.
Post #: 162
10/16/2018 16:42:51   
Greyor_42

quote:

but use their knowledge as a soulweaver to actively fuse Aegis into their body

Soulweavers already do that. That's literally what "Soulsynch" is. The hero is just terrible at it and can only do it for a short moment because they've never actually woven with Aegis. A proper Soulweaver, who actually weaves, can maintain the state, as shown by Tomix with Pandora.

quote:

but the consequences would still be dramatic, as they, along with any other "consumed" spirits would become forceful voices in our mind, and because of our weak will, we could be pulled around in erratic and unhealthy ways.

Soulsynching with more than one Elemental Spirit already has known consequences: death. You try to Soulweave with more than one Spirit, you die.

Also, consuming Aegis via fleshweaving doesn't kill him. He still exists inside your soul. That's why you can even have the power in the first place.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 10/16/2018 16:44:38 >
DF  Post #: 163
10/16/2018 16:47:54   
rater202

What I'm expecting is for the "Become a Fleshweaver" button to take us into a quest where Secundus explains to us exactly what a Fleshweaver is, has his apprentice demonstrate it' power, and then tells us that to become one we have to permanently absorb our Soul Ally and how to do it, which is a deal breaker.

Then we leave and cut to us being bro's with Aegis when suddenly, trouble.

Lots and lots of enemies attacking innocents. They're not hard but they're lots f them so it's tedious. After so many it gets to the point where Aegis suggests that consuming him and gaining that power boost might be the only way that we can get out of it alive and protect whoever's in danger--you can then either agree which switches you to FW for an easy boss fight and unlocks the ability to train the class, or refuse and move into a much harder boss fight, with the Ending Cutscene depicting the Hero as being exhausted but satisfied that he managed to save everyone with resorting to something so monstrous.

Metawise, the Fleshweaver version's boss fight would be easy becuase of how much stronger you are, but the IRL reason is becuase you don't have any skills but attack and would have to equip your items in the fight which means no trinket

The ending for one or both versions can optionally imply that Secundus is responsible for the incident in the first place.

the other options is that Secundus deliberately misleads the Hero and Aegis into thinking that it's a Fusion rather than Aegis being devoured, but unless part of being a Fleshweaver is being Drunk on The DarksideI don't thinkwe'd stick around to train the skills after something like that.
AQ DF  Post #: 164
10/16/2018 18:27:18   
Shadowbane0

This line of discussion is awesome! That quest-line does seem like the most likely scenario, but the question is what happens afterwards?
Should Aegis and the later spirits be present in the heros mind, often drowned out, suppressed, or disassembled by more power hungry fleshweavers, or should they be gone for good right then and there?

The latter option seems more obvious, but as mentioned before, the former could be just as, if not more, potent of a storytelling device. After all, we either have a grieving hero who is still choosing to consume other spirits, or we have a hero who's own flaws are taking them down a dark path, and surrounding themselves with voices that are becoming less and less cohesive with his own, and less and less like their friend(s).

After all, we know that there will be more then one consumed spirit. The question is, if this is why we consume our closest, why do we continue?
Post #: 165
10/16/2018 19:35:59   
Shadow X Ascendant

Look at what we have here
So many Theories, So Many Questions
Yet no Asnwers
Many Possibilities, Many Doubts
All leading To The same Ending
We all Know what it will takes
what will end
Yet we continue, we desire it
even if we don't want
curiosity will take the best of us
Many of us want to see the results,
Yet only a few are ready for consequences
But That will be the end, or an new start ?
No one knows......Yet....
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 166
10/16/2018 20:06:38   
Zeldax

quote:

You try to Soulweave with more than one Spirit, you die.

Dove mentioned that it is possible to have multiple soul allies. The problem is that it’s difficult to maintain because you’re somehow damaging your soul in the process. Dove described it as “like sticking pins into your soul”.

< Message edited by Zeldax -- 10/16/2018 20:15:49 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 167
10/16/2018 21:22:32   
Greyor_42

I know, Zeldax, I was there. But while the "more than one" might be an exaggeration on my part, there's very likely a hard limit to how many Elemental Spirits you can bond with and not die. And considering Tomix died from seven, it's likely either that, or less.
DF  Post #: 168
10/17/2018 0:07:34   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

I guess more than one at the same time, since Tomix had two elemental spirits, Aspar and Pandora, but not at the same time. So a soulweaver can switch soul-allies, although I don't think a SW does that constantly, probably when he/she loses the soul ally so he/she needs another. Also, It really reminds me A BLOODY LOT of Soul Eater xD the whole concept of meister and weapons (people that can become weapons) is that their souls need to be in synch, and thats almost like a weaver/soul ally bond, plus the anime also gave souls that wisp-like design, which is a very common thing in general media. Funny how Tomix doesn't strike as a fan of Soul Eater, Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist, yet the Complete Weaver saga (book 1 and 3 ravenloss and Roirr saga) had elements of all these animes.
DF AQW  Post #: 169
10/17/2018 2:42:54   
blowthemandown

quote:

Dove mentioned that it is possible to have multiple soul allies. The problem is that it’s difficult to maintain because you’re somehow damaging your soul in the process. Dove described it as “like sticking pins into your soul”.

Where does he say all this stuff, anyway? On his Twitter? I don't recognize any of it from the game.
DF  Post #: 170
10/17/2018 9:18:22   
Shadow X Ascendant

@^ on Discord
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 171
10/17/2018 11:22:42   
blowthemandown

I might have guessed. The more I read about Soulweaving, the more it seems like something Dove or someone wanted to do in its own book, and only put it in Dragonfable as a plan b, when he couldn't get published or something.
DF  Post #: 172
10/17/2018 11:26:10   
BluuHorseOfficial

@blowthemandown
The Two discord servers I use mostly have a section where developer quotes are “stored” and you can access them anytime you like.
DF  Post #: 173
10/17/2018 12:39:37   
Greyor_42

quote:

Tomix had two elemental spirits, Aspar and Pandora, but not at the same time.

It actually was at the same time, since Tomix was only "alive" due to his bond with Aspar.
DF  Post #: 174
10/17/2018 17:55:24   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

Wait, didn't Tomix find Pandora AFTER Aspar ran away? I mean, sure, he could've had a remnant of that bond which he used to track Aspar down the Void, but that wasn't a full bond anymore.
DF AQW  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and ChaosWeaver Progress....
Page 7 of 8«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition