Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

To balance stuns

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> To balance stuns
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/9/2018 7:39:20   
RaXZerGamingZ

Stuns need to be changed a bit, these are my ideas:

Players with 100+ total support cannot be stunned

Overload and Stun Grenade/Plasma Grenade cannot stun untill they reach level 5 or higher (Maul not because it requires a club and it is blockable)

Players with Azrael's Will on them cannot be stunned, stunned players cannot be affected with Azrael's Will

Multiple stuns in a row cannot happen

Critical hits cannot stun

< Message edited by RaXZerGamingZ -- 9/9/2018 11:11:59 >
Post #: 1
9/9/2018 12:17:12   
Mother1

Could you explain your reasoning as to why you feel these changes need to happen to stuns? while I will voice my options on each of them adding your reasoning as to why you feel this way does help to sometimes sway the crowd.

1) Not supported, while higher support = less likely to get stun, 100+ support =/= immunity from stuns. If it was 100+ support more than the opponent then ok, but 100+ support in general no.

2) Can I ask do you mean the person being at level 5 or the skill, cause to be honest it isn't to clear and it could very well confuse some people. If it is the later 100% not supported. Many players (myself included) have been saved by a bit of luck from a stun due to needing an extra turn and this change would effectively remove this if you have a stun move between level 1 - 4.

3) I never knew this could happen seeing as I never saw it before myself. I have to ask does the stunned player getting hit by the turn stealing gun get forced to strike after losing a turn and visa versa? If so I can support this because this is basically stealing two turns.

4) Supported seeing as this does get annoying at times especially during Legendary boss battles.

5) I am on the fence with this one so I will just say undecided for this one.
Epic  Post #: 2
9/9/2018 12:25:24   
RaXZerGamingZ

1: because having high support and getting stunned pretty much is game over, especially in 2v2

2: i mean the skill, having one at level 1-4 to get a cheap stun to win a game is a bit stupid, perhaps changing it to that if the damage is below 150 that it cannot stun

3: yes, it can happen, if you are stunned and get hit with the core you get forced to strike because if i a stunned player gets hit they get unstunned, now let's say you get stunned in 2v2 then your turn gets skipped because of that and then you get forced which is 2 turns gone

5: having a crit do 450+ damage and stun is a bit unfair don't you think?
Post #: 3
9/9/2018 12:43:51   
8x

All these suggestions seem to come from your frustration with the RNG, and don't seem very reasonable. Following your reasoning, double crits in a row shouldn't be allowed, neither should blocks or deflects. Cheap shot should only add 25% extra crit chance above level 5, because it would be unfair if someone with level 1 cheap shot pulled off a crit. Players with 100+ support cannot get critically hit, players with 100+ dex cannot be blocked, players with 100+ tech cannot be deflected.

Might as well add a "Boring button" to the battle loading screen. Each player has 2 seconds to press it, if both players press the button, there will be no crits, deflects, stuns or blocks occurring in the following battle.

< Message edited by 8x -- 9/9/2018 12:44:17 >
Epic  Post #: 4
9/9/2018 12:54:02   
.Lord Ginger.

Sorry, I agree with 8x on this. Although I dislike luck, it’s part of the game and I don’t like your suggestions at all. Part of the game is going, “wow I just lost to the most lucky human on Earth”, then you get on with your life.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
9/9/2018 14:43:39   
8x

And there is also the rush of pulling off a victory out of thin air with a perfectly timed crit or block. In my opinion the amazement of a surprising victory is worth the few disappointing losses.

I still remember some of the victories like this, from back in the day. It would be a situation where literally one block or a crit would save me and turn the tables. It has happened more times than you would think, where I would literally type "block" in the chat and the next attack would be blocked.

< Message edited by 8x -- 9/9/2018 14:44:12 >
Epic  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> To balance stuns
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition