Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= September 14th Design Notes: Hey! Delay! Saturday! OK!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= September 14th Design Notes: Hey! Delay! Saturday! OK!
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/14/2018 18:31:39   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

quote:

Tomix:
Hey! Delay! Saturday! OK!

Hey there, heroes!

I'm afraid the next main story release will have to go live tomorrow, on Saturday. I just couldn't keep working through these tears! The animation proved to be too robust and I just need another day to finish it!

You'll be in for the treat, at least! As your hero continues gathering information and joins the Nieboheim Guild of Heroes, Jaania starts development on plans that may change the world of Lore forever... until she's interrupted by some unexpected visitors.[

Hello! Verlyrus here!

In the meantime, to tide things over, I've prepared some very special challenges! I've been receiving a lot of feedback that The Emperor of the Sea Chickens and The Unraveler may have been a bit too simple as far as Arena Challenges go.

So this week, I'd like to introduce Extreme challenges!

The Emperor: Extreme and The Unraveler: Extreme are now available from the Azaveyr page at the Inn at the Edge of Time.

These two challenges each drop a resource that will be used to create a special reward in the future. If you can handle them.

Good luck!

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)

Verlyrus Twitter

Tags: Tomix
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
9/14/2018 19:21:46   
Im not your father

Just took a look at the new Emperor Chicken fight, and I think I will use the weekend to think of a new strategy.....
spoiler:

He still goes in a pattern, but he only needs one turn to charge to full power.
This means his new pattern is:
Glare>Stun>Charge>Unleash>Heal

Surviving the unleash isn't the challenge, the challenge comes from the fact he heals more often now since the pattern is shorter.

< Message edited by Im not your father -- 9/14/2018 19:22:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
9/14/2018 19:36:37   
GammaCavy

Oh boy... the foreshadowing for the next release doesn't look good...
Go ahead Tomix. Take as much time as you need. even if it takes four more days instead of one, we will be fine and It'll make a nice birthday present too.
DF  Post #: 3
9/14/2018 19:52:55   
Kurtz96

It takes longer but BSW is a easy option for sea chicken emperor. Did not use potions or food, but maybe get seaweed or hardtack to be safe. Mainly, the fight just takes longer.

And DmK is disabled. I would be curious to see how DmK would work with this new fight.

Working on Unraveller.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 9/14/2018 19:53:12 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
9/14/2018 20:09:54   
Shadow X Ascendant

Unraveler Ex actives +120 Defense and +50% damage / +100 Bonus all the time now, And Since Emperor Ex don't need focus and recover 1600 HP and has Double Damage than normal , it is barely possible, i will try again with BSW. These Two resources i hope to be something very, very worth for the trouble...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
9/14/2018 20:12:36   
Kurtz96

BSW is good for sea chicken emperor. The battle takes longer but remember that soul weaver has 2 stun skills.

Actually is not that hard.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
9/14/2018 20:32:49   
Shadow X Ascendant

Remembering thar Emperor Ex has 45 stun resist and 10 all , so 55% to stun resistance, if he stuns you = Death. Not so Tiny Bubbles has no effect in his nuke, BSW shield has 6 round cooldown, he uses his nuke every 4 turns so, i can't see how yoh done it. Just now that i was loving the Emperor of Sea Chicknen and Unraveler challenges. Verlyrus do this, good , now i don't want to fight them ever again.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
9/14/2018 20:40:13   
Franz Volkier

clue:Xan X Jannia forever and Alteon deserves better!!!!

deserve some one more like Celectea..... if she wasn't dead that is..... i mean she was totally a reference to the queen of England Victoria the way she dressed to her unnatural love for tea.
now that i think about it Robina to is a reference to the queens of England i mean red head like Elizabeth the first and have the name Victoria like well queen Victoria. wow AE team love english
queens heeeaaa ;).

but at any rate as you all see this are the flowers Xan gave Jannia the many colored roses and they are burning and the name is fire and ice so
Xan gonna meet Jannia basically and it ain't gonna be romantic.....probably maybe i'm wrong...maybe they will kiss..... am i the only one that want that to happen?

all so Tomix take your time pal you provide us with wonderful arts every time a lot of what i learned about 2D art i learned from watching the art you did in DF and as a person that his hobby is digital art i know how hard andd long it can take socially when working on new designs from zero so take your time because main story is the thing i waiting for and if i can wit an entire month for it then what is another day.

< Message edited by Franz Volkier -- 9/15/2018 5:36:37 >
Post #: 8
9/14/2018 21:42:42   
mahasamatman

Ugh. The OG unraveler took me about 4-5 tries with DMK... That's gonna be terrible.

Also, I agree with Franz- definitely the meeting between Jaania and Xan. I'm expecting things to start well, and then take a nasty turn, possibly Jaania's rejection will make Xan evil again... but who knows.
DF  Post #: 9
9/14/2018 21:46:22   
Flabagast

What a treat, a Saturday release and a little extra something for today! Thanks, team!

vvv That explains a lot....

< Message edited by Flabagast -- 9/14/2018 22:15:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
9/14/2018 21:47:09   
Greyor_42

So, here's a bit of fun for you all who are trying extreme unraveler: SW and MSW are banned from the fight for thematic purposes. Enjoy!
DF  Post #: 11
9/14/2018 22:11:27   
Kurtz96

quote:

So, here's a bit of fun for you all who are trying extreme unraveler: SW and MSW are banned from the fight for thematic purposes. Enjoy!

What? I am using BSW right now to fight the extreme unraveller.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
9/14/2018 22:34:03   
Shadow X Ascendant

Me too, i used BSW before and i am using MSW now. have you seen it yourself or you just heard someone?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
9/14/2018 22:52:35   
Flabagast

You guys aren't getting insta-killed after your first turn while using Soulweaver? Huh. Clearing your cache might fix that.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
9/14/2018 22:58:41   
Kurtz96

What are people doing to combat the -75 bonus and +120 avoidance he gets.

I did not have to deal with this last time since DmK shape darkness skill auto hits and malefic binding can stun the enemy even if no hits connect. Guess that is why DmK is banned.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 15
9/14/2018 23:15:09   
Decrogath

I'm also instantly dying after the first turn using BSW...
DF  Post #: 16
9/14/2018 23:31:35   
Kurtz96

Any one beat the Extreme Unraveller? Any tips?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
9/14/2018 23:43:11   
Shadow X Ascendant

I really doubt about since DmK , SW and MSW are banned and PDL cannot stand against it, maybe these two are really Impossible to win fights, without rares or DC itens...well, i guess all we can do is wait for tomorrow's release...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 18
9/14/2018 23:48:34   
Kurtz96

Have hope! This fight is meant to be winnable. There are fights in DF that are meant to be unwinnable but Inn challenges are not like that.

There are other armors too. I was thinking ranger. Cryptic could also be good.

I can close with BSW, down to 2500 HP, and I think if I had strategized better early int he fight I could have won.

EDIT: I would hope the devs did testing on these fights and did not just increase numbers.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 9/15/2018 0:15:54 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
9/15/2018 1:11:41   
Axpower

Wow. That was one tough chicken.

Worst part was when I used soul slice when it was at around 2.1k and I thought I won, but it was the same turn it healed so somehow it came back alive lol

Finally managed it a few turns later, though. On to the next!
DF  Post #: 20
9/15/2018 1:22:58   
Decrogath

What was your build?
DF  Post #: 21
9/15/2018 1:28:33   
Axpower

@Decrogath

Generic BSW with Ultimate Destiny and some Inn gears + Hardtack and Seaweed. The tip I found was:

Always try to play Shield on the first turn and after the chicken recovers. This makes it so that the last turn of shield lands on the big attack, shortening cooldown between bursts. Use the two stun skills to stun after the big attack, to keep the rotation going properly. If both stuns fail try to ride the combo with damage reduction and a trinket like Elemental Unity (Works sometimes).
DF  Post #: 22
9/15/2018 1:40:18   
Decrogath

Ah yes, that's the rotation ive been doing fortunately...just that there were a few times when i ran out of tools to reduce dmg/shield. For this fight, equipping a necklace, which out of the 3, LoF III, Squirrel or Unhallowed would be better? Any rcmd for belts? Thanks for the tips :)
DF  Post #: 23
9/15/2018 1:43:40   
Kurtz96

I used the warding girdle just for the defense and END.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 24
9/15/2018 1:49:01   
Axpower

@Decrogath

I used ToD III and Unhallowed DK Belt :) Also helps to show Lucky Hammer for extra Crit damage

Unraveler is near-impossible though. I even got the -100 hamster to activate early with PDL, but no dice. I just die too fast... Haven't tried yet with food but doubt it would make much difference

< Message edited by Axpower -- 9/15/2018 1:50:40 >
DF  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= September 14th Design Notes: Hey! Delay! Saturday! OK!
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition