Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Werepyre Subrace Training Begins

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Werepyre Subrace Training Begins
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/6/2018 14:55:44   
Necromencer

Has anyone been archiving all of Twilly's costumes? I recall he was a clown a year or two ago.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
10/6/2018 15:23:46   
Lineolata

Werepyre passive: Lets you toggle between normal attacks and using STR/INT/LUK to attack. Great for 0 DEX.
Level 1: Superior Claw, SP/MP cost, inflicts bleed. Seeks between Earth and Darkness.
Level 2: Invigorating rage, passive HP drain.
Level 3: STR/INT drive toggle. +30 both at level 40, 42 SP.
Level 4: Terror. Inflicts panic. It's like Choke, but uses Bleed/Sleep's save method. Quickcast, once per turn. Can stack.
Level 5: Wolfbat Swarm. Guest, toggles between draining SP and inflicting Elevuln/Defloss for Darkness and Earth. Seeks between Earth and Darkness from what I hear.
AQ DF  Post #: 52
10/6/2018 15:50:07   
Primate Murder

Huh, werepyre actually has neutral lean the way vamp/were are supposed to.

Does this mean the FO Vamp/Were bug will be fixed soon or will the werepyre be shifted to fully-offensive?
AQ  Post #: 53
10/6/2018 17:05:36   
Lord Markov

Or does it mean Werepyre will stay neutral while Vamp and Were will remain FO
AQ  Post #: 54
10/6/2018 19:48:44   
Kurtz96

I found it funny Wolfwing calls Safiria by her name and Constantin is just called the werewolf king. Vampire bias?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 55
10/6/2018 19:49:48   
Natto

As a hybrid, I'm quite happy with the current skill. For some reason the hype within me increase, can't wait when evolve form released, must be damn amazing!
Post #: 56
10/6/2018 21:50:47   
I Overlord I

Werepyre is aesthetically amazing and we haven't even gotten a "proper" look at the Level 10 skill yet, outside of the graphically updated Wolfwing.

From a gameplay standpoint, however, it seems as though it's not strictly better than Werewolf/Vampire unless you're a hybrid yourself. What's more, it makes 0-DEX hybrids actually feasible thanks to the Lvl. 0 toggle, which means 150 points can be reasonably dumped into CHA. END should be more or less unnecessary for the most part due to its drain being more vampiric than lycanthropic (i.e., not bad). This may very well result in yet another shift in the meta. If so, I'm more excited than ever to see what Dracopyre has in store for us.

< Message edited by I Overlord I -- 10/6/2018 21:54:42 >
AQ  Post #: 57
10/6/2018 22:00:33   
J9408

Werewoves for warriors.
Vampires for Mages.
Werepyre for Hybrids.

What would Dracopyre cover? Tanks? Or maybe a focus on Status Conditions like Burn? Dracopyres are part dragon after all.

< Message edited by J9408 -- 10/6/2018 22:09:02 >
Post #: 58
10/6/2018 22:35:04   
kors

Or a more offensive hybrid? IE that one is fo while werepyre stays neutral?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 59
10/6/2018 22:52:34   
I Overlord I

If Nightbane's Form is any indication, Dracopyre being an (even more) offense-oriented hybrid "class" makes perfect sense. Specifically, the breath nuke.
AQ  Post #: 60
10/7/2018 0:10:48   
megakyle777

I guess if this class uses mp that I should put a bit of stats into mana huh?
DF  Post #: 61
10/7/2018 1:20:03   
Primate Murder

What I really appreciate is the fact that it brings the damage of magical weapons up to melee standarts (as long as you have str, of course), so having a spellcasting weapon no longer requires me to run compression! Not to mention that it suddenly unlocks a whole new category of weapons, which were unviable earlier due to drastically lower damage.

P.S. How does that work with stuff like Bloodblades, which deal extra damage in magic form?

P.P.S. Also, just to make sure - this only affects armor attacks, right? I still need Dex for spell accuracy?

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 10/7/2018 1:26:52 >
AQ  Post #: 62
10/7/2018 12:32:10   
The Jop

Wow, first time I've seen the new Demon Cat. Great description.

Anyway, onward to Werepyre glory!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
10/7/2018 15:13:56   
KingInTheNorth

Ah hell yeah, went back to hybrid for this. Hyped for the rest of the skills.
AQ  Post #: 64
10/7/2018 15:52:18   
Perashim

The 1st skill's healing seems really paltry compared to the Vampire and Werewolf healing.
AQ  Post #: 65
10/7/2018 16:17:13   
popinloopy

@Perashim
Do remember that it won't scale to your level until you unlock the advanced Werepyre stuff. Even at level 10 it won't be good to a high level character. Right now it's probably locked at around level 55.

As I just now trained Vampire and Werewolf subraces as I didn't before, the skills improve with each armor level. The stat boosts start at like 20, then 25 2 levels later, 2 more later it's 30, then 35. Finally the advanced armor will boost it up to 50 if you're level 150. Similarly, the damage and healing skills start low for lower level people, then improve with each armor level until 10, when it's probably like a lvl 70 armor? Then complete advanced and it will level scale and the healing will be what you're used to.

< Message edited by popinloopy -- 10/7/2018 16:52:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
10/7/2018 17:38:16   
Perashim

I really hope that's true, otherwise I might cure myself and go back to Vampire (Since I run a INT build).

Though right now, the only other gripe I have is it doesn't tell you if you bleed your opponent with the claws, you have to check it manually.
AQ  Post #: 67
10/7/2018 17:49:15   
I Overlord I

^ A pop-up is pretty redundant, considering the little symbol that shows up for status inflictions, so you don't even have to continuously mouse over the mob's screen.
AQ  Post #: 68
10/7/2018 21:36:07   
Lord Markov

Well that works the first time, but provided the mob isn't succeeding in closing the wound each time, you do have to check each time thereafter to determine if you've made the bleed anymore powerful. TBF both Vamp and Were have the pop-up so I don't see why Werepyre shouldn't as well.
AQ  Post #: 69
10/8/2018 8:32:21   
AliceShiki

I think it's probably a bug that it doesn't have a pop up? I can't think of a single status in the game that does not have a pop up to notify the player it worked...
AQ  Post #: 70
10/8/2018 22:43:43   
Slayne

With Werepyres being here now I hope we will see some more hybrid-specific type weapons and gear.
Some non-rare weapons that boost melee/ranged damage and accuracy at the cost of some MP would be great.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 71
10/9/2018 2:16:52   
I Overlord I

quote:

Well that works the first time, but provided the mob isn't succeeding in closing the wound each time, you do have to check each time thereafter to determine if you've made the bleed anymore powerful. TBF both Vamp and Were have the pop-up so I don't see why Werepyre shouldn't as well.

That's fair.
AQ  Post #: 72
10/12/2018 0:54:35   
red vector

So I'm going through the Werepyre subrace right now, and there are a few things that surprise me. The first is Wolfwing's new castle. I guess being a subrace leader has its perks. Personally, I liked his old hideout better. It felt like a place that was hidden away from the rest of the world, that most people would never be able to find if they tried. In short, it felt like a secret.
The second is the description for the second quest, to get to lvl 2. That particular vampire- Lord Cauchemar or something- was scaring children, so he had to be eliminated. I didn't realize Werepyres were so kid-friendly.
The third is the quest I'm on right now. The Werewolf Baron Kreen can apparently bite other Werewolves to increase his own power. Is this a thing that all Werewolves can do? Will it ever come up again?
The fourth is the stat boost. I don't know if it's a bug or not, but unlike the Werewolf boosts, it's a one-time SP cost. I always got the impression that Werepyres were stronger than Vampires and Werewolves, so I guess it makes sense.
And last but definitely not least is Wolwing's characterization. What happened to the old Wolfwing? Will we ever find out what happened to him between Resistance is Feudal and War of the Fangs: Revival?
And one last thing that was more interesting than surprising- Wolfwing calls himself the Guardian of the Blood Moon. Is he just grandstanding, or are there actual duties to go along with the title?
AQ AQW  Post #: 73
10/12/2018 2:22:30   
Lord Markov

The descriptions for who the Vampires/Werewolves are and what they are doing is just drawn out of a random pool, with various activities ranging from childish to serious. The Vamp and Were quests have the exact same thing, so I wouldn't attach too much importance to that.
As for calling himself Guardian of the Blood Moon, I would suspect that's mostly just grandstanding. I have a feeling both Safiria and the Wereking would contest that title.
AQ  Post #: 74
10/12/2018 2:39:29   
Mordred

@Markov: I don't think so. Safiria and Constantin want complete domination over Darkovia (and further if possible, no doubt), where humans serve only as cattle to be fed upon. The vampires may be less antagonistic in this regard, may better understand that smaller numbers are easier to rein in, but they are still callous towards their cattle. Wolfwing, I think, understands that there is a certain balance that must be maintained. Too much control and rampant bloodshed would bleed Darkovia dry, and doom all involved. And there are bigger battles to be fought on the horizon, certain threats one must prepare for.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Werepyre Subrace Training Begins
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition