Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Favorite Class, Lore Wise

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Favorite Class, Lore Wise
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/1/2018 18:33:28   
Arcturus96

Due to it's Lore/backstory/plot etc., what's your favorite in-game class? I mean a class that is available to you and that is not a joke class. Personally, I love the Death Knight class. I love the idea of a class hybrid, for one thing. Second, I love how we are something that is assumed evil, but we are actually a force for good. Third, I mean come on, we wear black paladin armor. /mike drop
Post #: 1
10/1/2018 20:17:58   
Demonic_Tofu

Tbh, Mine is actually the ninja monkey... yes I know you said no joke classes. Lorewise we did see the pirate monkey class in the inn at the end of time. My thoughts is that lore wise we CAN be a monkey. So we throw our bananas and eat them too!
Post #: 2
10/1/2018 21:12:44   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

Soulweaver and soon Chaosweaver. The intrincate lore woven (pun intended) into this class is just... magnificent.
DF AQW  Post #: 3
10/1/2018 21:30:07   
blowthemandown

Dragonlords. It's just a really cool idea, and that's before you go to the flying city and find out there's like this sacred order of them.
DF  Post #: 4
10/2/2018 16:47:36   
GammaCavy

Soulweaver. I'd have pryomancer as secondary, but there's no lore for that and I've come up with enough ideas that I tend to forget I made it al up.
DF  Post #: 5
10/2/2018 21:45:53   
Malarik the Caster

RDL, just cause the aesthetics of the class. Not only are we a lord over dragons and their magic (above master, hehe), but now we are powered by the rage of the hero. That dragon heart button says it all. Our passion for good (especially if your me and still have a twin blades of glory :P) literally destroys our foes at the price of our very life force. This is what the Hero of Lore (TM) should be all about, sacrificing his own life for the good of others.
Although, yeah, DK is pretty cool too.
Post #: 6
10/4/2018 8:45:16   
Sakurai the Cursed

Right now, I think I have to give it to Ascendant. I'm a magic-lover at heart, and I also love the gradual ramp up to utterly absurd power levels. The aesthetic of the class is fantastic as well, from the general look of the clothes (especially love the little galaxy crystal thing on the temples) to the astrological/runic aesthetic of the skills. I also switch to SWoT and DL occasionally, and Epoch since it's out for testing, but it may be too niche and bad at farming for general use.

Of course, my favorite class has changed from time to time, as revamped and new classes have been released. I think the first class I made a favorite and consistently used was Necro, then SW for a while after it came out, then DL after it was revamped (the skill animations were just so godly, nothing else came even remotely close at the time), and finally Ascendant.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
10/4/2018 8:53:21   
Shadow X Ascendant

Soulweaver and After some years.. Fleshweaver. Haha , The Pinnacle of Weaving Techniques.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
10/4/2018 8:55:45   
dragon_monster

Who knows after even more years there will be another pinnacle like and ultra mega master weaver of everything.
I like dragon warrior its simple and powerful.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
10/4/2018 11:13:39   
Pelly2500

My Personal favourite class would have to be Ascended Chickencow.

Yes, it's the next stage up from two joke classes, Chickencow Lord and the Evolved Chickencow Lord, so it somewhat straddles the line between a serious class and a joke class, with some pretty absurd animations such as dropping a huge egg onto the enemy, however it feels so god-like.
Firstly, the class is taller than all other non floating classes, and although this is extremely annoying in cutscenes, in combat it it feels so cool to look down on your enemies.

Secondly, and I'm surprised more people don't talk about this, it has some of the highest burst damage in the game, and destroys enemies quicker than almost every class outside of Doomknight. Lorewise, there isn't too much, however there is potential for something here. A quest line around Ascended Chickencows would fascinate me!
DF  Post #: 10
10/4/2018 11:45:10   
Shadow X Ascendant

@^ I highly agreed with that all

#TeamAscended

@Dragon_Monster ... like "Master Fleshweaver" ?

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 10/4/2018 11:46:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
10/4/2018 12:30:54   
Sinclair Glory

Will be FleshWeaver soon
Post #: 12
10/4/2018 12:46:23   
Shadow X Ascendant

Sorry. But not TOO soon.8
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
10/4/2018 13:46:03   
Sakurai the Cursed

Heh, I just noticed that this thread specifically said Lore-wise (hurray for skimming threads on breaks) and I listed my favorite classes in terms of theme/function.

Lore-wise, it's kind of hard, because we really don't know all that much about most classes. DragonLord has to be a top choice because you're literally a Lord of Dragons, bonded with a dragon that you can make into a Titan when necessary and commander of Dragon Magic. But, while we see that the DragonLords are an order, what do they actually do, other than fail to guard their prisoner? SoulWeaver is one of the few that we actually know a lot about, and the idea of manipulating the threads of souls is quite cool, but it's a bit underwhelming in practice. I mean, technically what we do isn't even the art of SoulWeaving so much as it is a separate art of BattleWeaving™, as SoulWeaving is just an artisanal craft of weaving clothes and fabrics from soulthreads.

But luckily, my answer in regards to the lore is the same as my answer in regards to theme/functionality, because the only other classes we know a lot of the lore behind are the Atealan classes, and Ascendant's lore is actually really cool (and Isiri is best girl, change my mind). Lore-wise, all Atealan classes utilize the power of the cosmos, so they're not restricted to needing a planet with a Mana Core to be able to use magic, but Ascendant specializes in it, and advanced Ascendants are said to be able to combine the effects of their six zodiac signs to achieve incredible things like temporal immortality (i.e., lack of aging), which is pretty cool in itself. But then you get into the really crazy stuff; Ascendants are responsible for "ascending the existence" of great Atealan heroes (Unaels) up unto the cosmos, allowing them to literally take a constellation out of the sky and use it as a tool of their heroism, and subsequently allow all Ascendants to "read from" that sign. And Isiri, who trains us in the art? She's one of those six Unaels who took a freaking constellation out of the sky (to be fair, the Cryptic trainer, Nirios, is another one, but he's not nearly as cool). Man, if only we could see her in action some day, imagine the ridiculous things she would be capable of.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
10/4/2018 13:53:22   
Sinclair Glory

@Shadow Y U NO LET ME TO THINK WISHFULLY ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Post #: 15
10/4/2018 14:33:18   
BluuHorseOfficial

@Pelly2500, no. It doesn't have the highest burst damage in the game. If anything, it is still the worst DC class and not worth the trouble. At all. The buffs and nerfs are bad, the healing is bad, the signature move with the whole set of armors has four turns of cool down and is on the left side What? Also, unnecessarily high MP costs for. such sub-par effects. Appearance Wise, yes, definitely something really flashy, but stats wise, yuck. Lore Wise, really cool (the main topic of this thread) considering you're a god.
Also, no, DmK has a Passive Boost that scales to your level, due to which it's better, and with good healing. Epoch has a large arsenal of buffs, debuffs and skills that outclass it by indescribable levels (it's boosted -Boost and -Bonus are better than Ascended's stuff, AND they have other uses (generating moms)) and also has extra turns, combo and gun doing burst damage far more than Ascended's EVERY TURN you attack reasonably, with good healing, Archivist can perform large combos and buff itself efficiently, DeathKnight whose skills are better AND have a decent sense of MP cost, with good healing, even flipping Chronomancer/corruptor are probably better than it (ok this may be a stretch really but whatever, dramatism purposes).
So, really, go support ascended on any of the discord servers and prepare to face a barrage of Ascended ChickenCow hate.

Pity, the lore of the class and the struggles to get it, plus the animations are all really fun...

Also why does a literal god have a flee button (thematic purposes, perhaps, but WHAT?)

< Message edited by BluuHorseOfficial -- 10/4/2018 14:34:11 >
DF  Post #: 16
10/4/2018 14:46:46   
Pelly2500

@BluuHorseOfficial You're right about Ascended Chickencow being one of the worse tier 3 classes, I won't argue with that, It's near useless at the Inn challenges. In hindsight I was hugely over blowing it in my earlier comment (mostly due to personal bias) but it's damage output is certainly above average, it's an aggressive class after all. Mana wise, I agree with you there, it's certainly a mana guzzler and not even really justifiably. Mostly though I like the class because it's fun . Maybe one day it'll get an artifact.
DF  Post #: 17
10/4/2018 18:35:28   
GammaCavy

Kathool Adept is pretty good too when I want to pile on the damage.
DF  Post #: 18
10/5/2018 7:25:05   
BluuHorseOfficial

@Pelly2500, Artifacts won’t help the class. Only a good, well planned skill revamp will.
DF  Post #: 19
10/5/2018 11:13:34   
LordKnight01

For me, it's Riftwalker. The first class since I updated DA made me feel happy when farming monster. I can do almost everything with this class such as playing main story quest, farming item and exp, fighting against medium challenge. The skills are simple and have the combo that is easy to use.
DF  Post #: 20
10/5/2018 11:37:08   
Shadow X Ascendant

And Look that i beated All Individual Fights except for Sir Bearnigion , Sinnocence , ArchDryad Duo, Emperor Ex and the 2 Unravelers with Ascended ChickenCow Lord...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 21
10/5/2018 11:42:23   
Franz Volkier

Dragonlord its obviously what the hero is spouse to be and mt personal favorite even not canonically right after paladin.

< Message edited by Franz Volkier -- 10/5/2018 11:44:35 >
Post #: 22
10/9/2018 9:08:52   
King of Zards

Zardbie: for maximum zardiness.
Post #: 23
10/10/2018 19:27:00   
BladeofAwesomeSauce

I love Dragonlord as a story/lore based class. I just don't like how they added the shield with the revamp, especially when I have giant swords or katanas equipped/shown. I hope they make the Armour of Awe and the REAL Blade of Awe available and not the replica one that they sell for gold. It would have been awesome if it was one of those weapons like the Ultimate Dragon Amulet scythe where you can change its element since you can somewhat do that in Adventure Quest. It would tie in pretty well with the story as well with the time skip and the fact the Valencia did ask you to hide the blade pieces in Book 1.

< Message edited by BladeofAwesomeSauce -- 10/10/2018 19:28:27 >
DF  Post #: 24
10/13/2018 13:52:19   
SMUDDracolich

While there isn't a surplus of Lore directly related to the class itself, since it's the class belonging to the (IMO) coolest DF villains Sepulchure, it's pretty canonical. The Doom Knight class not only looks sinisterly badass, but there's beautiful irony in wearing the class that helped Sepulchure wreak havoc in Book 1 as the amour of the Hero of Lore destined to save the world. I'd imagine Jaania must not appreciate that irony, nor Sepulchure himself when he catches you wearing it in Tea for Three. Pretty much a corrupted version of Death Knight in my opinion only with god-like power. Mana consumption is easily remedied with using your Dragon's Protection skills. This class just feels right especially after finding the Cloak Scrap artifact.

SOOO much DOOM
DF  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Favorite Class, Lore Wise
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition