Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= October 1st Design Notes: Epoch Update!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= October 1st Design Notes: Epoch Update!
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/11/2018 5:31:26   
mahasamatman

Greyor: What's the rotation to have them loopable? Just finish ultra boost, timeshift, and start hexing when needed?
DF  Post #: 26
10/11/2018 13:40:00   
Greyor_42

Once you get timeshift up up and running with the maximum duration, activate as many boosts/hexes as you need at that time, and use Ultra boost/hex, then switch to the other one once those run out. The reason this works so good for Epoch is that, for the purposes of buff/debuff durations on your character, Double turns only count as one turn, which effectively doubles the duration of any boost/hex you have going. But, on the other hand, Double turns count as two turns for the sake of cooldowns, meaning that boost and hex have effectively quadruple their uptime ratio compared to when not timeshifted. Also, it's technically better to hex first instead of boost before timeshifting, as it uses up less turns so you can build up momentum from the Attack button a bit faster.
DF  Post #: 27
10/12/2018 10:48:33   
BladeofAwesomeSauce

Has anyone calculated the exact percentages of the attacks? It's been difficult for me since I keep using the boosts and often times I fight an enemy with a resistances to my weapon. not to mention the extra damage from critical hits where if you have a bit of Dexterity, Crits do more damage.
DF  Post #: 28
10/22/2018 23:54:16   
Randomnity

There doesn't seem to be Class Discussion Thread about this class yet, so I'll have to use this thread. How is everyone using this class for general questing? I must be doing something wrong, because I get to the boss at like half health all the time, and I'm not willing to believe the staff would design a class this bad for non-bossing.
AQ  Post #: 29
10/23/2018 1:28:29   
Sakurai the Cursed

I'm afraid that's exactly the case; the class is bad at normal questing to the point of being nigh unusable in longer/tougher quests, there's been feedback from myself and others here about it: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22341563&mpage=5
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
10/23/2018 2:09:11   
TFS

Epoch is fine for general questing, provided the enemies aren't abnormally bulky (such as those in last week's quest). At level 90 you should be able to take down enemies of ~450 HP or lower within a turn or two.
DF  Post #: 31
10/23/2018 2:42:55   
Gedharm

The Epoch is really fun to play, it's my favourite calendar class so far. The problem is I really miss a turn-one burst skill; something like the Riftwalker's Power attack or BSW's SoulSynch. I hope the next calendar artifact changes a skill to provide a big, quick burst of damage on the first turn of battle, to end some enemies quickly instead of having to waste two to three turns.
Post #: 32
10/23/2018 18:41:41   
BladeofAwesomeSauce

I wouldn't say this class is the worst at questing, I'd say Archivist is somewhat worse. It would have been nice if the Final Skill didn't use up all the momentum, which would help a lot for bursting through weaker enemies during quests. The Gunburst skill would have been great for questing had it not been nerfed big time, as it only used up as much as 4 momentum to get the most damage. It used to do (30*12)+125 = 485% total damage if you had 3 momentum, which I can somewhat agree was a bit overkill but considering the whole concept mechanics of momentum, it balances out. Nerfing it to (15*12)+125 = 305% damage isn't that great. I would have been fine with them nerfing the smaller shots to 15% each had they buffed the last shot to about >200% which would have made it comparable to ShadowWalker of Time's Decay skill which does 240% damage.

As for Epoch's final attack, had the maximum momentum required to get the most damage was about 5-6 momentum, it would also have made questing a better experience. The total damage range based on its momentum is WAY too high at 36% - 600% damage depending on how much momentum you have, and that's if you also have the Eternal Locket (which I thankfully do). Had the range been between 150% - 600% total damage, most people probable would have been okay with it, considering it's also pretty much a guaranteed critical hit.

On a bit of an unrelated note, I was also curious as to why they didn't make the calendar class the Eternal Chronomancer for Dragonfable. Don't get me wrong I love the look of Epoch, especially with the Eternal Locket, I just thought it was a bit odd that AQWorlds and AQ3D got the Eternal Chronomancer class/armor in their games and Dragonfable got Epoch. Also Eternomancer would have been a good short nickname for it, since most people would assume it's an upgraded version of the Chronomancer class/armor. I also love it's design as well since with Dragonfable we don't really have a Swashbuckler-like class that dual wields ALL weapons. I don't really count ShadowWalker of Time as a dual Wielder since most of its skills other than Attack and Phantom Hit don't use the weapons in it's animation.
DF  Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= October 1st Design Notes: Epoch Update!
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition