Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Inn at the Edge of Time challenges ranked

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Inn at the Edge of Time challenges ranked
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/2/2018 17:51:17   
Pelly2500

So the Inn at the Edge of Time is one of my favourite things in Dragonfable, it offers just the kind of challenging battles that I love in turn based RPGs where tactics and careful planning are paramount. However not all challenges are created equal. For example, few would say that Theano is harder to beat than Sinnocence the undying.

Therefore I think it would be intereseting to try and rank the challenges at the Inn based on difficulty using the following system:

S tier - The hardest challenges that are very hard to beat even with ideal equipment, class and stat distribution. Require several attempts and possibly some luck.

A Tier - Very Hard challenges that you'll struggle to beat without the correct equipment and class, there might only be one class that can realistically beat them. Require a good degree of tactics and can't just be powered through, but aren't quite as hard as S tier challenges

B Tier - Challenges that are hard without ideal equipment and class, but still manageable. However with the correct class and equipment they aren't too hard to beat and won't take many attempts.

C Tier - Challenges that are manageable with most classes and equipment. They don't require much, if any preparation, and don't require any expert tactics.

D Tier- Challenges that aren't much harder than regular story bosses

--

What do you guys think? Which challenges should be in which tier? Should more tiers be added? Less? Let me know!

-----

Edit: Added D tier by suggestion, some challenges seemed a little too easy to be put in the same tier as others

< Message edited by Pelly2500 -- 10/4/2018 10:39:24 >
DF  Post #: 1
10/2/2018 18:09:28   
Lujikul

I haven't beaten very many of them and I'm far from anything ideal, so my diagnosis probably isn't ideal either, but I'd say that UnravelerEX and Sea chicken king EX probably both land in S tier, while the non EX versions are A tier. I'd peg Theanos and Siofra in C tier, along with all the dragons. Jack Crescent and the Cauldron groupies both took me several tries before I figured out the gimmick, and it's a semi-difficult juggling act, so I'd probably put them at B tier as you'd need a plan going into battle. Sinnocence also lands in A tier. (definitely towards the upper end) Finally, I'd probably put both the centaur abomination in B tier and legion crawler in C tier. All that said, here's the final list for the ones I've had experience with and beaten. (Mostly. Haven't killed either EX.)

S - Unraveler EX, Sea Chicken King EX

A - Unraveler, Sea Chicken King, Sinnocence

B - Crescent Jack, Cauldron Groupies, Centaur Abomination

c - Theanos, Siofra, Trigoras, Gelunguis, Oratath, Dragonoid, Legion Crawler

Again, this is likely inaccurate because I'm working off a very limited spectrum of experience.
Post #: 2
10/2/2018 18:20:17   
mahasamatman

I think Crescent Jack is C, not B, and Siofra requires special equipment so is at least B. Also, practically all combined challenges (2+ bosses together) are S.
DF  Post #: 3
10/2/2018 18:27:05   
Shadow X Ascendant

X (for Nearly Impossible) - Unraveler EX

S - Dominion, Primordials, Sea Chicken EX, Dream Duo , Big & Small , Undead Challenge

A - Unraveler, Sinnocence , ArchDryad Duo , Sporca

B - Cauldron Groupies, Centaur Abomination , Sir Bearginion, Sciuridaehotep, Uthuluc, Triple Trouble, Siofra, Meowphant, Emperor of Sea C.

C - Jack Crescent, Theano, Dragonoid, Legion Crawler, Leorilla, Trigoras, Gelunguis, Oratath

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 10/2/2018 19:32:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
10/2/2018 19:12:35   
Pelly2500

quote:

X (for Nearly Impossible) - Unraveler EX

S - Dominion, Primordials, Sea Chicken EX, Dream Duo , Big & Small , Undead Challenge

A - Unraveler, Sea Chicken King, Sinnocence , ArchDryad Duo , Sporca

B - Cauldron Groupies, Centaur Abomination , Sir Bearginion, Sciuridaehotep, Uthuluc, Triple Trouble, Siofra, Meowphant

C - Jack Crescent, Theano, Dragonoid, Legion Crawler, Leorilla, Trigoras, Gelunguis, Oratath

I'd probably put Sea chicken (regular) in either B or C tier, it's a very doable challenge with pretty much every class with a decent shield, Although the stun can be frustrating if you haven't invested in your strength stat. However apart from that, I don't that it's hard at all compared to some of the other challenges.
DF  Post #: 5
10/2/2018 19:32:03   
blowthemandown

I always figured Jack was harder than the sisters, actually.
DF  Post #: 6
10/2/2018 19:32:52   
Shadow X Ascendant

You just have to leave Jack with Low Health, When Guitar is at low too use a multi hit skill.

Done. Fixed
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
10/2/2018 19:39:11   
blowthemandown

@Shadow X Ascendant
Yes, I know, but I always figured that was harder than the sisters' gimmick.
DF  Post #: 8
10/2/2018 19:45:36   
Shadow X Ascendant

But There is no Gimmick on them just bring one weapon of each type and done, nothing more.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
10/2/2018 23:19:12   
Necromencer

I don't think any individual boss warrants an S tier. That said I haven't tried the two EX challenges yet.

A- Sinnocence, ArchDryad, Sporca, Kathool

B- Siofra, Crawler, Sea Chicken, Bearginion, Leorilla, Uthuluc, Squirrel of NO, Dave, Super Sentog, Meowphant, Unraveller

Sentog, The Squirrel, Dave and Unraveller are somewhere between A and B tier.
Siofra is C tier if you don't count having proper elemental coverage as preparation

C- Jack, Cauldron sisters, The 3 dragons, Dragonoid, Theano, Abomination

As for group challenges, each of them is at least one tier higher than the individual bosses

S- Undead Challenge, Primordials, Dream Duo, Dominion, Big and Small

A- Weird Duo

B- Triple Trouble, Elemental Chaos
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
10/2/2018 23:36:47   
Malarik the Caster

Well, my experience at the Inn is a bit odd, in that challenges that people claim to be easy are hard, and challenges that are harder are easier (relatively speaking). I still haven't beaten the elemental duo, but had no trouble with the Crawler & Abomination. I divide it more into what armour can beat the challenge, as my proficiency with an armour I find is the limiting factor. DK is my best for boss fighting, so any challenge where it is recommended was considered 'easy.' Challenges where obscure armours, like Ranger (which I STILL cannot use), are needed, I find virtually impossible. Challenges where the gimmick is easy enough to prepare for are also easier, like Leorilla and Sir Bearginion, as well as Sporca (which was many hours of pain for me and a 200 LUK build, until I decided to test Necro Paragon against it at random after getting it, and beat it on my first try). Some challenges have also become much easier with the addition of Epoch. With it, I beat the Unraveller and the Mega Meowphant (still working on the dream duo), as well as almost beat Kathool (working on that one tomorrow, been experimenting with food items). Overall, I'd say the Ex challenges, Sinnocence, Dominion and Big & Small (why, Super Sentog, WHY!)

Edit: Just beat Kathool with BSW. Recommended to bring Not So Tiny Bubbles (Credit to Shadow X for the idea) just for turn skipping the cooldown move. Did with 1 potion and Cheshire Twilly.
Overall, not the hardest of fights, and once you get a good rotation going, he isn't that hard to deal with. Going off the ranking systems others have going, maybe a B class? Alongside bosses such as Meowphant and Sciuridaehotp.

< Message edited by Malarik the Caster -- 10/3/2018 1:15:46 >
Post #: 11
10/3/2018 0:19:38   
TFS

This looks fun, I'll give it a go.

S tier - Unraveler Ex, Endless Invasion

A Tier - Weird Duo, The Primordials, Dominion

B Tier - Crawler & Centaur, Big & Small, Dream Duo, Emperor Ex

C Tier - Triple Trouble, Dragonoid, Elemental Chaos, Blood Moon, Sinnocence the Undying

I didn't bother ranking fights such as Leorilla and regular Unraveler, as they have harder versions available.
DF  Post #: 12
10/4/2018 10:20:28   
Sakurai the Cursed

Mostly agreed with TFS, but a few changes:

S Tier - Unraveler Ex, Endless Invasion

A Tier - Crawler & Centaur, Dominion

B Tier - Weird Duo, Big & Small, Emperor Ex, Primordials

C Tier - Triple Trouble, Dragonoid, Elemental Chaos, Dream Duo

D Tier - Sinnocence the Undying, Jack, Groupies

I added the D Tier for the ones that I think are just on the level of good normal bosses, not really challenge fights tbh. I mean, I really don't think it makes sense to put those 3 (and things like normal Emperor/Unraveler) on the same level as the other stuff in C Tier. This is also all from a solo perspective, no guests used.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
10/4/2018 10:29:41   
Malarik the Caster

Ok, there is some secret to the Sinnocence fight I'm missing if people are ranking it as low difficulty. I know that I need to tank until he has a stupid amount of -ALL, then stun and burst him down before he can regen, but any class with that level of bursting power lacks good defences, and any armour that can tank it lacks the bursting power. Is the power bubble at level 80 (I'm only 67) that big, or are there specific gears people are using.
Post #: 14
10/4/2018 10:46:19   
Pelly2500

quote:

D Tier - Sinnocence the Undying, Jack, Groupies

@Sakurai the Cursed , what strategy do you use for sinnoncence to warrant him being in D tier? (I've also edited the first post on this thread to include D tier )

@Malarik the Caster , I think that sinnocence should be in A tier or at least B tier. In my opinion he is the hardest solo fight outside of the EX fights. I struggle to beat him and I'm at level ninety!

An interesting point about Sinnocence is that, from my experience, he takes the longest to beat out of any challenges period. Maybe the reason he seems so hard to beat for some people is that it takes so long?
DF  Post #: 15
10/4/2018 10:48:41   
Shadow X Ascendant

BSW have Mega Burst at Soul Sync . An Middle Nuke - Valour Impact Double. -50 % Damage Vacuuum. -30% boost Slash. An 140 Avoidance Shield will for 4 turns with 6 round cooldown. Stun for 3 turns. And an skill with 40% Stun for 2 rounds. All of that with the -50 bonus from Not-So-Tiny Bubbles. Now lets mix Soulforged weapon Ice lv 85 wth showing Ice scythe replica and all DeathKnight Unhallowed Acessories.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
10/4/2018 11:29:17   
Malarik the Caster

I've gotten closest using PDL, BSW just doesn't have the same durability, I always get caught in the stun and end up pounded by the multis. And it takes maybe 6 or 7 rounds before he is stunnable, which I have yet to achieve with anything other than PDL. I've used Not So Tiny Bubbles for the other challenges, but I need Dragon's patience for this one, it takes away so much of the luck factor. Although I haven't experimented with the Ice Scythe or Hamstergeddon yet, might give those a shot. I agree with Pelly, this fight takes the longest (timetorn matrices and my sanity last long weekend notwithstanding), but I reckon this fight also has an amazing power curve, in that you can really feel the power ebb and flow every time he regenerates. I've never seen PDL do anywhere near as much damage as it did in this fight, and yet dropping the defences for even a second can result in that ridiculous stun of his (is there an upper limit to the number of rounds, or is permastun a thing).
Post #: 17
10/4/2018 11:37:47   
Pelly2500

quote:

this fight also has an amazing power curve

@Malarik the Caster , I agree, it's so satisfying to see the power of your attacks get bigger and bigger
You're also right about the stun, it seems that if he successfully stuns you after around the fifth regen, you don't have much chance of surviving
DF  Post #: 18
10/4/2018 11:42:15   
Sakurai the Cursed

Well, personally I always use Ascendant unless it's too much trouble (though I have beaten every single challenge with it, some are just unnecessarily annoying to do so with), and Sinnocence very much did not warrant using another class. Ascendant has a very good blind though, -60 Bonus with a 4 turn duration and 5 turn CD, so 4 turns up, 2 turns down and repeat (you can cover that with NSTB which has the same 4 up 2 down, to have 100% coverage and even overlap, but it wasn't necessary for me). That -60 Bonus at level 90 puts my effective MPM at 90-140 depending on what gear I'm using, which is a ~60-93% chance of missing, and like 80-100 BPD, which is a ~52-65% chance of glancing blows which only deal ~20% damage with the Dex I have from equipment and don't inflict status effects. I also have 40-50 All Resistance (unless I'm using Hidebehind) and some small amount of Light/Dark, so he only deals roughly half damage even when he does hit, and his chance of stunning me is very low (0% if I'm using a build with close to max Str at the time). Showing a weapon that has a special which heals on hit (Candy Dagger being the best one with a 10% chance per hit to heal 10% of your max HP) and the pet dragon with 200 points in Protection if you're feeling really insecure gives you a ton of sustainability, but personally I didn't need that and simply used the Blade of Awe which is a 5% chance to heal 4% HP and MP, so I didn't have to bother ever using my MP regen skill. All in all, it's very easy to survive at level 90 with decent equipment, it just takes a long time getting him to half health over and over until he's able to be stunned.

That said, his Bonus doesn't get drastically higher as you level while your potential MPM and BPD does, so yes, it gets much easier to survive as you level up.

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 10/4/2018 11:56:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
10/4/2018 18:34:15   
GammaCavy

Since I've only beaten Theano and Sirofa once, and none of the other challenges, i couldn't really say. Unravler standard is so hard I don't want to think about what his EX version is like.
DF  Post #: 20
10/4/2018 18:47:35   
Pelly2500

@GammaCavy At the minute most people agree that the unraveler ex is the hardest challenge even including group challenges
DF  Post #: 21
10/4/2018 18:56:13   
Sakurai the Cursed

Standard Unraveler though is one of the easiest tbh...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
10/5/2018 12:58:32   
Lujikul

I just recently beat standard unraveler (haven't merged the wings yet, waiting until I hit 90, because I'm not doing that again), and it was by far one of the hardest for me. I needed all five potions, seaweed, hardtack, and 200 protection dragon, along with BSW. Between its drain being seemingly perfectly accurate (my shield didn't stop it once) and the fact it's a rough battle getting it down to half health in the first place, and even somewhat difficult afterwards, it definitely earns an A, possibly an S on the tier list for me. It's just that hard.
Post #: 23
10/5/2018 13:21:18   
Shadow X Ascendant

For unraveler the strategy is bring Evil/Good Resistance like Unhallowed DK Circlet and DON'T bring All Resistance.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 24
10/5/2018 14:04:47   
LordKnight01

The warrior class character has an advantage about immobility resistance because strength value can increase immobility resistance.

So, the Bosses which have stunning skill are easier for warrior class character but more difficult for mage and rouge class character.
DF  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Inn at the Edge of Time challenges ranked
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition