Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= October 5th Design Notes: Egomaniac Challenges are here!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= October 5th Design Notes: Egomaniac Challenges are here!
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/5/2018 19:34:47   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

quote:

Verlyrus:
Egomaniac Challenges are here!
Hey there, heroes!

New challenge fights have appeared at the Inn at the Edge of Time! This week, we have some classic DragonFable characters at the height of their power. Will you stand to be any match for them or will you be consumed by their flames?

Face off against the omnipotent hero in his prime, Vaal (supported by his "soulminion" Alraia), and the insane pyromaniac Xan in combat!

Defeat them both, if you are feeling particularly insane, to earn the powerful Vaal's Ego trinket! Make your foes crumble under its oppressive influence!

Also, the Mogloween Storybook is now available for the month of October! Spooky!

Having trouble with the fights? Have feedback? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?

Check out the Artix Games Launcher!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: Verlyrus

Tagged with cheddar! ~San Robin

< Message edited by San Robin -- 10/6/2018 7:38:42 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 1
10/5/2018 19:56:18   
Kurtz96

I beat the challenge with DmK V1 life carve and stuns. Is that cheating?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
10/5/2018 20:03:40   
The Jop

Kinda, but I think you've been grandfathered into being OP. No one new can access that same level of power.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
10/5/2018 20:06:20   
Frigus

Vaal hits like a truck and his finger snap does more damage than Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet.
Post #: 4
10/5/2018 20:09:25   
Kurtz96

I hope that is an exaggeration but the Infinity gauntlet is far more powerful than this. Like the Infinity gauntlet (especially the real comic book one, not the pale imitation of the MCU) would literally be Verly programming the game.

Trying the think of strategies to win without DmK V1

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 10/5/2018 20:14:52 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
10/5/2018 20:17:50   
Meralos

I can beat Vaal with Dmk2 but not Xan once he's healed himself. Did anyone else have any better luck?
Post #: 6
10/5/2018 20:18:29   
Necromencer

Xan has this permanent DoT that gets stronger every turn (similar to Toxic Myra but less extreme). At around one third HP he full heals, gains a massive defense for 30 turns boost and weakness to water for 5 turns. It might also be turn based as both times it happened just before my third soul sync.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
10/5/2018 20:22:08   
Kurtz96

Stun Xan just before he heals at around 3500. Then just kill him in 3 turns. My strategy is to use break, stun, and just spam life carve.

And for the duo, I used a zard burger, then killed Vaal first. After that, use the above strategy for Xan.

Xan damage and DOT is irrelevant with DmK V1 Life Carve.

Does the Trinket do anything other than a 99 turn DOT?

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 10/5/2018 20:29:26 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
10/5/2018 20:32:35   
Greyor_42

No, but it has the best offensive stats apparently.
DF  Post #: 9
10/5/2018 20:36:55   
Kurtz96

Yes. Bonus +10
Crit+10
STR/DEX/INT +6
END/WIS +6
Luck +6
Charisma +6
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
10/5/2018 20:37:21   
Shadow X Ascendant

Anyone Beated It Without DC Itens or DmK?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
10/5/2018 20:47:51   
Necromencer

I feel I'm close to beating Xan with BSW. I have managed to stun him but not at the right time, and I'm fairly certain I am one soul sync and banishment away from victory. The trouble is stunning him at that key moment.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
10/5/2018 21:03:58   
Kurtz96

Yeah BSW could be good against Xan. Stun him when he has about 3700 HP. Then Synch and Banish.

The best strategy for the duo I can think of is go fast. you want to kill them as quickly as possible so the DOT don't stack. Vaal first cause he does more damage and has less HP.

Also, Vaal nuke fails if something else is happening on screen at the time, including pet attack or enemy attack. So when the red symbols on the outside show up, just make sure you click something.

EDIT: Soul Allies have to choose the weaver just like a wand choose the wizard in Harry Potter right? And they have to be compatible right? So why would Alraia choose Vaal?

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 10/5/2018 21:09:31 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
10/5/2018 21:08:25   
Necromencer

I caved and used DmK V2 on Xan. Didn't have much trouble as I expected. I'll try again with BSW after I'm done with Vaal.

I also noticed Xan is a human when he was previously an elemental.

< Message edited by Necromencer -- 10/5/2018 21:09:46 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
10/5/2018 21:09:20   
Kurtz96

DmK V2 is good because Malefic Binding works even if no hits connect. And Shape darkness auto hits.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 15
10/5/2018 21:14:32   
Alpha Centipede

quote:

Soul Allies have to choose the weaver just like a wand choose the wizard in Harry Potter right? And they have to be compatible right? So why would Alraia choose Vaal?

Apparently every egomaniac needs a snarky sidekick. Even with only two lines, she does strike me as the snarky type.
DF  Post #: 16
10/5/2018 21:18:13   
joglaze

How is Dmk V1 usable in this fight? It's banned for me, and I thought we couldnt use that armor for any challenge.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 17
10/5/2018 21:19:31   
Kurtz96

DmK V1 is usally banned. But for some reason it is allowed for this fight. If that has been fixed, then I guess I am lucky enough to have gotten the trinket on both my characters before the correction

EDIT: Just checked and DmK V1 and Icebound Revenant are indeed now banned. Guess I was lucky I got here early enough. Verly please don't take away my trinkets

I will have to look up Icebound Revenant since it keeps getting banned for Inn challenges, yet I never hear about it. Also apparently Google does not consider revenant a word even though it is most definitely a word.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 10/5/2018 21:23:34 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
10/5/2018 21:27:01   
Alpha Centipede

@^: The reason Icebound Revenant is usually banned is because of its ability to constantly decrease the enemy's Ice resist until the fight becomes more or less trivial (well, relatively speaking)

Also, have I mentioned how much I like the BGM in the Vaal and Vaal/Xan challenges? Yeah, it's amazing.
DF  Post #: 19
10/5/2018 21:33:34   
Lujikul

I just took a crack at both of them, and while Xan is definitely doable with a properly timed stun, I have no idea how to take down Vaal. A single attack from him took out all but 300 of my health, and then he just snapped his fingers for a whopping 90,000.
Post #: 20
10/5/2018 21:38:27   
Flamerider345

@ lujikul
to beat vaal's nuke ur gonna need to have around 180 M/P/M or u have to blind him. U need to completely dodge the attack and glancing blows wont cut it either cause they do abt 7k damage. BSW with not-so-tiny-bubbles works well for this.
DF MQ  Post #: 21
10/5/2018 21:39:38   
Kurtz96

The massive nuke does not happen if something else is happening when the red symbols surrounding the screen appears. So if another animation is happening, including pet animation, enemy animation, or your attacks. So if you are literally doing anything other than sitting at the skill select screen it will be fine.

Combining a shield and some accuracy lowering skill or damage nerf skill should deal with his damage.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 10/5/2018 21:40:40 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 22
10/5/2018 21:39:53   
Azyrinthia

I suspect you need to be above a certain amount of health (maybe 50%?) to avoid the finger snap.

For the individual challenges, DmK v2 was able to handle them, but I don't think I can beat the duo right now. Anyone got a list of fire resist equipment? Since both Vaal and Xan are human, you can show Vile Infused weapons for 10% extra damage when you nuke them.
AQ DF  Post #: 23
10/5/2018 21:40:23   
Meralos

Vaal only does his nuke when your health is low (which is just under 1000 for me), so just heal up and and hope he doesn't pummel you back under and you can avoid the snap. :X
Post #: 24
10/5/2018 21:43:23   
Kurtz96

Vaal nuke is cancelled if anything on screen is happening. So unless you are really unlucky or sit on the skill selection screen the nuke is irrelevant. Multiple times the red symbols surrounding the screen started to appear but my pet attacked or my animation started so nothing happened.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= October 5th Design Notes: Egomaniac Challenges are here!
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition