Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: October 5th Design Notes: Egomaniac Challenges are here!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: October 5th Design Notes: Egomaniac Challenges are here!
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/5/2018 21:49:37   
Sakurai the Cursed

That's not the nuke. That's just the somewhat annoying damage over time effect. The nuke is when he snaps his fingers when you get too low on health and does tens of thousands of damage to you.

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 10/5/2018 21:50:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
10/5/2018 21:49:47   
joglaze

What do you mean by something happening on the screen? Vaal always ends up using his snap move by the 3rd round for me, so theres no way Id survive. How do i get "something" on my screen to make him not use his snap?

EDIT: hehe nvm. I got lucky lol, vaal just kept hitting me, so I used DMK v2 shield as my first move, ended doing alot of dmg to him, so I just favored all my others skills so I get a boost and nuked him.

< Message edited by joglaze -- 10/5/2018 21:54:33 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 27
10/5/2018 21:53:16   
Kurtz96

I was mistaken. The red symbols around the screen happen for the DOT effect, not the nuke. Which does seem to be when your health is too low.

And I can't help you with the fight. I beat the Vaal with DmK V1 before it was banned so I never had to worry about health being low given Life Carve.

However, Vaal is one of the few enemies that can do more damage than life carve can heal. So it could be troublesome. But luckily life carve also subtracts 15% of enemy health which means the fight is over before that matters.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 10/5/2018 21:55:33 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 28
10/5/2018 22:17:53   
Necromencer

Just beat convinced Vaal to let me win using DmK v2 and Artix guest.
He seems to have a set attack pattern:
Energy Blast (stun)
Laugh (3 hit attack)
Sword throw (DoT)
Red stuff out of the ground (-50 all)
Repentance (a lot of damage)
Repeat
If your health is below a certain amount he seems to only do the snap attack for A LOT of damage, which can be dodged.

Edit: Just convinced him again with DmK's shield. Never realized just how powerful this thing can be.

< Message edited by Necromencer -- 10/5/2018 22:29:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
10/5/2018 22:20:50   
Shadow X Ascendant

Beated Using Ascendant each Fight 2 Times. Now i wonder why Trinket Skill Don't work for me
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
10/5/2018 22:30:18   
Malarik the Caster

Well, that is certainly what one would call an experience. Got demolished by both fairly rapidly. Don't see any way of out bursting Xan's DOT, and Vaal is just next level in power. I don't think I have ever seen a 130K damage attack in this game. Didn't know the engine took numbers that high. Yeah, no, not a chance here. I'll just not look at any of these till I can beat the other challenges. Not sure if there is any way to type my reaction to these.
Post #: 31
10/5/2018 22:32:06   
element resistance
Helpful!

I can't believe I finally beat the egomaniac duel by not just using DmK V2 but also having all Fire Resistance equipments as much as possible in order for yourself to survive their insane damage. Granted their still hard but once you have Baby Chimera for defenses activate for 1st turn but also quickly change other pet if you don't your Baby Chimera to use the DoT move that won't work at all, you might find a way to beat Vaal 1st before Xan with Ritual activate in order for you to use uh....(I forgot lol) Dragon Breath Attack only if you have a chance to drain Xan's Immobility resistance and stun hoping for a chance, but also just in case use Corrupt and Malfic Binding just in case your Dragon Breath Attack didn't defeat him all the way just for dumb luck with Malfic Binding activate so you can use your strongest moves (any moves) to finally defeat Xan.

Is this trinket any good?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
10/5/2018 22:42:43   
joglaze

The trinket does 1 hit of damage, and applies a 99-turn DoT on the enemy.

< Message edited by joglaze -- 10/5/2018 22:43:30 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 33
10/5/2018 22:43:07   
Kurtz96

It also has the best offensive stats of any trinket in the game.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 34
10/5/2018 22:44:28   
joglaze

Is it better than Seven Lucky Wishbones or Maxed Elemental Unity?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 35
10/5/2018 22:48:34   
Kurtz96

Don't know about those 2 but this trinket has

10 Crit
10 Bonus
6 STR/DEX/INT
6 Luck
6 CHA
6 END/WIS
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 36
10/5/2018 22:52:34   
Shadow X Ascendant

The Trinket is GREAT hehehe . EgoManiacs.? You will need to do bring an entire army to try stop my Shadows Hahahahaha. (Victory Image at My Gallery). I will write strategy on DF Battle Strategy

Now i will Farm all gold i Spent Retraining Stats, Buying Weapons all to that challenge. 1 Million Gold Farm.... but is worth.

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 10/5/2018 22:54:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 37
10/5/2018 23:01:35   
Kurtz96

Strategy is get here early and use DmK V1 before it is banned for easy victory (once you know the strategy: stun Xan just before he gets under 3500 HP).

Kidding, waiting for your strategy post. I am looking to beat the enemies without DmK V1.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 38
10/5/2018 23:08:25   
Shadow X Ascendant

Done. Hehehe. Some Luck is envolved. But since is a Free Challenge it's ok. I beated Each of the 3 Challenges 2 Times. Always gathering 1 extra resource
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 39
10/5/2018 23:09:05   
Sakurai the Cursed

@Malarik - Generally, if you see a ridiculous move like that, the idea is to figure out what triggers it, and how to avoid it. In the case of Vaal's finger snap, he only performs the attack when you're at low health (not sure of the exact amount, but somewhere below half health at least), and while it will kill you if it connects (unless you have 100 or more Fire resist... >.>), it has no added bonus so it can be dodged, being only a single hit. So, you either prevent yourself from getting low enough for him to use it, or you blind him and/or shield yourself so it won't (or at least, isn't as likely to) hit you. Personally, I beat him in one try in the solo fight, because I happened to go in with my stacked MPM build and kept him blinded the whole time, so he didn't land a single hit on me. The same strategy... didn't work quite so well for Xan. :P But just a standard All resist build was enough for him, stunning him when he gets close to 30% health in order to prevent him healing himself back to full and giving himself an essentially permanent +200 MPM.

Really though, the key to making either of the single fights, but particularly the duo fight, rather easy is to stack up a ton of Fire resistance; you can get 90+ effective Fire resist with Fire capped at 80 and as much All resist as you can manage after that, and for extra silliness you can use the Frozen Claymore's weapon special to get another 25 that will stack on top of that for 50 turns, actually making Fire damage heal you for the full duration of the fight, except when Vaal's -50 All debuff is active on you. It's a very cheap tactic, and not at all necessary (I only stacked up to 86 total resist personally when I did it, and it was fairly easy), but just to show you the extreme extents to which you can manage this fight.

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 10/5/2018 23:11:37 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
10/5/2018 23:12:20   
Shadow X Ascendant

Heal you all fight if Vaal Don't Decrease your all resistance -50 For 2 rounds Right?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 41
10/5/2018 23:15:10   
Kurtz96

So was DmK V1 originally suppose to be allowed for this fight before devs realized it was too strong, or was this an oversight that slipped through?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 42
10/5/2018 23:18:53   
docblade

Nope. Nope. I wont fall for it again. I will try something easier. Since i know my usual luck, it will be WAY easier for me to...dunno...beat Sinnocence with Angler. These Challenges aren't good for my health. So i am out
DF MQ  Post #: 43
10/5/2018 23:30:20   
Azyrinthia

I've defeated the duo challenge with DmK v2, use barrier -> ritual -> corrupt ->carve -> inner darkness and Vaal should be almost dead, seek or blast should finish him off if he isn't. Barrier makes it so you still have quite a lot of health left for Xan. To defeat Xan, get him to almost half health, then use drain -> spikes -> favor -> corrupt -> seek and Xan is dead. I used 1 food item for a full heal when fighting Xan.

My equipment is:
Ultimate BLoD (Shown Vile Infused Rose Spear IX)
Puzzling Cards
Soulforged Ring (Red)
The Baroness Fearless Helm
Leaf of Flux III
Elemental Unity Defender IV
Voidwoven Belt V
Legion Bracer

and 200 protect Dragon.

Stats and resistances shown here

AQ DF  Post #: 44
10/5/2018 23:50:39   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

quote:

Really though, the key to making either of the single fights, but particularly the duo fight, rather easy is to stack up a ton of Fire resistance; you can get 90+ effective Fire resist with Fire capped at 80 and as much All resist as you can manage after that, and for extra silliness you can use the Frozen Claymore's weapon special to get another 25 that will stack on top of that for 50 turns, actually making Fire damage heal you for the full duration of the fight, except when Vaal's -50 All debuff is active on you. It's a very cheap tactic, and not at all necessary (I only stacked up to 86 total resist personally when I did it, and it was fairly easy), but just to show you the extreme extents to which you can manage this fight.

What equipment did you use to stack it that high?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 45
10/6/2018 0:04:46   
Shadow X Ascendant

I added all information on DF Battle Strategy
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 46
10/6/2018 0:20:46   
Sakurai the Cursed

(I used Forgotten Gloom Glaive : +13 All personally, but it's rare, so)
King Dragon Blade/Dirk/Staff of Diamonds/Spades : 15 Fire + 2 All [DC], King Blade/Dirk/Staff of Diamonds/Spades : 15 Fire
Hooded Greed : 15 Fire [DC], The Barons/Baroness Fearless Helm : 15 Fire [Seasonal, but available now!]
Puzzling Cards : 15 Fire + 2 All
Sundragon Pendant : 12 Fire
Jeweled Seal Ring of the Wall : 10 Fire
Voidwoven Belt : 10 Fire + 3 All
Elemental Unity Defender XV : 5 All [Special Offer], Mirror Eye : 10 Fire
Eternal Locket : 1 All [Special Offer], Legion Bracer : 1 All

But keep in mind that any Fire resistance from items above 80 is wasted, meaning you shouldn't necessarily use every item on this list unless you have EUD, but rather replace one of them with whatever would give you the most All resistance if you have such a thing, since Fire alone can't go over 80 from items but All will stack on top of it to surpass the cap.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
10/6/2018 0:55:24   
joglaze

So I'm currently trying to beat the duo a second time, and it seems that Vaal can only be stunned for 1 turn now, instead of 3, unless there's something wrong with my computer.

Sneaky little tweaks hehe.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 48
10/6/2018 4:42:50   
HORRIOR

I'm not really sure if Vaal's Ego is worth it if you have access to level 90 Lucky Wishbones.

They have the same bonus, and crit, Vaal has less STR/INT/DEX, (6 instead of 10) and the wish bones give +6 to Dodge, Parry, and Block, +14 resistance to light.

Vaal's however does give END and WIS unlike the wishbones, but it is unsure if 30+ on mana and health is worth losing chance to reduce damage.
Personally I think they should give Vaal's Ego B/D/P boosts and elemental resistances.

the DoT is nice in a longer battle, but in a shorter one it does no warrant loosing a turn.

< Message edited by HORRIOR -- 10/6/2018 4:48:47 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 49
10/6/2018 5:23:36   
Shadow X Ascendant

And Not to tell that WishBones is RARE. So one can obtain it again.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: October 5th Design Notes: Egomaniac Challenges are here!
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition