Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: October 5th Design Notes: Egomaniac Challenges are here!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: October 5th Design Notes: Egomaniac Challenges are here!
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/6/2018 6:54:10   
HazardStorm

Tried going for Xan with NecroParagon. I think I may need to build up fire resistance... So far, my armor that dealt with him best. No idea about Vaal...
DF  Post #: 51
10/6/2018 7:00:21   
Shadow X Ascendant

DF Battle Strategy. Use my Equips or Sakurai's Equips. If you have some of his Seasonal/Rare itens that are better. Stack like 80 Fire Resistance and 6 all with the equips i used . Use any class on vaal except for BSW on Duo . Because you need to activate Frozen Claymore (Temp) Special.... But he is Healed by Ice.. Yes , but the special is not to reduce his Ice Resistance is to Increase Your Fire Resistance by 25 making you have like 105 Fire Resistance. +100 Resistance = Healing. So Vaal / Xan will only Heal You.

Vaal = Just use shield after his Thrown because next Turn he will decrease your All Resistance by 50 for 2 Turns.

Xan = Don't worry about his Attacks. Just remember to Stun Him At 3000-2800 HP (At Lv 90) And Nuke Him to Death.

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 10/6/2018 7:02:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 52
10/6/2018 7:31:23   
TFS

Pretty easy duo, just stack Fire resistance and don't get hit by Vaal's -50 All.
Moreover, the music for the duo fight is really nice.
DF  Post #: 53
10/6/2018 8:19:10   
Shadow X Ascendant

All of Them are. Hehehe. But i still want any, any Challenge to have the soundtrack from Faust VS 3 rose soldiers on "The Burning Village" Quest.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 54
10/6/2018 10:52:58   
Silver

quote:

I'm not really sure if Vaal's Ego is worth it if you have access to level 90 Lucky Wishbones.

Yeah I don't think its better than other trinkets like elemental unity defender or lucky wishbones either. The skill isn't even that impressive (maybe if it did like 100% weapon DoT I'd consider it but 33%'s too low even for a DEX build)

I'd go hunt for fire resistant items but the reward isn't a good enough incentive imo. At least I beat xan with BSW though :P
Post #: 55
10/6/2018 10:55:18   
BluuHorseOfficial

I donít mind the trinket, the animation is what bothers me. I wish it had something nice and cool looking, perhaps Vaalís laughter or one of his moves. The base damage does bother me somewhat too. It should be 200% at minimum for the effort.
DF  Post #: 56
10/6/2018 11:01:02   
moe

OkOkOk so from this post I got everything except the ring and the belt so far.

Are there better options for the ring, belt, and trinket?
AQW  Post #: 57
10/6/2018 11:06:29   
HORRIOR

The DoT would be fine with 50% weapon damage, considering it is for 99 turns.

However, something like 100% weapon damage for 10 turns, would be much better, and worth the effort.

Also yeah, it being one of Challenge Vaal's attacks, like the sword boomerang for 3 (or more) hits of 100% weapon damage, would be nice too.

Though I just wish it had more defensive stats and at least SOME resistances.

My comment is usually a joke, serious or wish full

Some times even i dont know wich one it is XD
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 58
10/6/2018 11:26:39   
Silver

quote:

Tried going for Xan with NecroParagon. I think I may need to build up fire resistance... So far, my armor that dealt with him best. No idea about Vaal...

oh yeah I tried that too lol but xan's heal is a thing :/
"-100 water, +200 MPM"
wooooow thanks a bunch xan you goddamn smartass, what a trade. If only you pulled this off before warlic set you on fire

@HORRIOR see like, the challenge isn't hard so I don't expect the trinket to be THAT good, but they could've at least given the trinket SOME sorta edge over already existing rare trinkets or elemental unity

also am I the only one not liking how inn fights in general are too BSW centric?
Post #: 59
10/6/2018 11:34:19   
Kurtz96

The lucky wishbones are rare.

Elemental Unity is a Special Offer

Not everyone has access to those.

Vaal's Ego is the best available to everyone offensive trinket in the game. That is why it is good.

PS: Why is Vaal the only one represented in the trinket? What about Xan? His ego just let Vaal have the only reward?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 60
10/6/2018 11:40:37   
Silver

quote:

Vaal's Ego is the best available to everyone offensive trinket in the game. That is why it is good.

oh. my bad then. I didn't realize it was better than uaanta's blaster :P
Post #: 61
10/6/2018 11:45:28   
Shadow X Ascendant

@Kurtz _96 when you used the trinket. You read the DoT's name, right?

@Silver Uaanta Blaster requires DA. Vaal's Ego No . That's why it is bettet FREE trinket. Compare Uaanta Blaster I Lv 20 with Vaal's Ego haha. BSW haha? Forget? BSW can't use Frozen Claymore special to make Vaal and Xan Heal you. But you will need food with BSW . With any other class you can do it too. Just be sure to use Frozen Claymore special as soon as possible. If it don't trigger , try again. The Duo is free anyway hehehe

@Moe on DF Battle Strategy i added another equips but VoidWoven Belt IV. Mirror Eye Trinket and Jeweled Seal Ring of Wall or Ring of Winter's Rage (Any level) are very easy to Get.

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 10/6/2018 11:50:46 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 62
10/6/2018 12:47:26   
Greyor_42

@Shadow

quote:

Uaanta Blaster requires DA. Vaal's Ego No . That's why it is bettet FREE trinket.

The DA requirement is completely irrelevent to why Vaal's Ego is the better trinket.
DF  Post #: 63
10/6/2018 13:01:29   
Kurtz96

Uaanta Blaster has the same bonus and crit.

But no STR/DEX/INT

Reminder that luck no longer increases damage. Luck gives more M/P/M.

Which is why I said best offensive trinket, not defensive or overall. mY main character for instance does not use it because it has a defensive build. But my alt does cause offensive.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 10/6/2018 13:12:55 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 64
10/6/2018 13:45:23   
Shadow X Ascendant

@^ Said it All. And Also, Uaanta Blaster (I-IV) has only Stats, No Skill. Vaal's Ego has Stats, Skills and Also can be used at ANY Level. Uaanta Blaster IV (Uncharged) is only at Lv 90

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 10/6/2018 13:50:18 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 65
10/6/2018 14:53:08   
Necromencer

Just beat the duo with DmK v2 and a bit of luck. So many times when Xan was left with 200 hp and he healed ;_;. Going to try it with some other classes later.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
10/6/2018 15:12:18   
Shadow X Ascendant

Just Beated The Duo Using Ascendant by 3rd Time , It rules
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 67
10/6/2018 15:25:12   
LordKnight01

I beat it two times. First time by BSW, second time by PDL with Frozen Claymore but using PDL very quite risks the end of 50 turns of +25 Fire resistance.
DF  Post #: 68
10/6/2018 15:42:32   
Shadow X Ascendant

^ PDL is Good Survivor, But It Lacks Nukes.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 69
10/6/2018 16:51:25   
mahasamatman

Vaal feels really punishing and unfun, the need to literally press the buttons fast doesn't really seem like the proper kind of challenge. Also, the fact that Vaal's Ego keeps working even after defeating him in the Egomaniacs is really annoying (is that intended?).

That being said, the punishing effect doesn't actually seem to have too heavy an effect on the fight itself (I don't believe it would've changed too much the number of times I had to try to defeat the egomaniacs).

< Message edited by mahasamatman -- 10/6/2018 17:23:55 >
DF  Post #: 70
10/6/2018 16:59:27   
brotherinlaw

You guys realise the next fight is going to be weakened-unkillables, right? We're going to get something like weakened Fluffy, impaled Sepulchure, and incomplete Caitiff. If we're lucky, they'll stay weakened for the big three-day fight.

I wonder if they'll ever do Titan-fight challenges. That would be fun.

So, looking over the thread, the top suggestions are basic soul weaver (why do we specify basic? Aren't basic and master skills the same?), Then Doomknight, then .... What the heck is PDL? I literally had to search up the official list of Dragonfable acronyms but it wasn't there. Anyway, whatever that is and ascendant.

I'm going to break out my avatar of time, see what happens.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
10/6/2018 17:03:02   
Plutonium

how effective would BSW be against young Vaal and Xan (Single Challenges and Duo)? or should I use something like Necro Paragon, Ascendant, (or Epoch) even?
DF  Post #: 72
10/6/2018 17:04:14   
Shadow X Ascendant

Titan Fights no. Because every of our dragons have sam skill set. And is not Basic Soul Weaver, is Baltael Soulweaver

^ BSW is effective on Individuals for Duo use Ascendant for sure, I added The Strategy For it on DF Battle STrategy work Very well with Ascendant, i Beated the duo 3 Times with it

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 10/6/2018 17:06:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 73
10/6/2018 17:25:34   
mahasamatman

brotherinlaw: PDL is Patience DragonLord.
DF  Post #: 74
10/6/2018 17:51:33   
HORRIOR

Idk, I'd like to have some challenge fights with our dragons.
With the new skill set they have been given, the titan fights seem a bit too easy. Would be fun to have some major challenge fights, that aren't just absolute OVERKILL like hard mode Wargoth.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: October 5th Design Notes: Egomaniac Challenges are here!
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition