Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Rare Item Hunt October

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Rare Item Hunt October
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/8/2018 14:06:28   
PD

From the newsletter:

quote:

Rare Item Hunts offer the chance to find some of the rarest loot in Lore! An item (could be weapon, shield, face, etc.) is hidden in a background somewhere in the world of AQ. You will need to decipher the clue posted on our homepage to uncover the item's location. This time we have hidden a Legion variant of the Pumpkin Slayer weapon. Don't miss out as this sinister blade will only be available until the end of October.

Link to Newsletter
AQ MQ  Post #: 1
10/8/2018 14:24:07   
AliceShiki

A Legion Variant of the Pumpkin Slayer weapon...?

I have to wonder what is a Legion Variant... Is it an AQW thing?

I guess I'll try finding it for the fun of the hunt, though I doubt I'll use it... I'm a dragonslayer, not a pumpkin slayer! >.<
AQ  Post #: 2
10/8/2018 14:44:15   
Lord Noonien Soong

^yep, Legion is an AQW thing.

Hopefully this doesn't cost tokens, though knowing better it'll more than likely will.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
10/8/2018 16:12:07   
I Overlord I

^ Mhmm, I'll be hyped for all of 5-10 minutes before I find it and it's revealed to be Tokens. Again.

I guess the staff needs a chill week between the two sets of Werepyre skills (and possibly even the advanced armors), which makes sense because coding and graphically rendering the final skill alone will likely take ages.

< Message edited by I Overlord I -- 10/8/2018 16:16:41 >
AQ  Post #: 4
10/8/2018 18:35:58   
Cinimo D

I don't mind seeing items from Adventure Quest Worlds, but it would be nice to see more items from Dragonfable. The items from Dragonfable look amazing, and the style of art used in Dragonfable fits Adventure Quest Classics more than Adventure Quest Worlds art style in my opinion.
Post #: 5
10/8/2018 18:48:52   
Lord Noonien Soong

If only AQ wasn't so understaffed so we wouldn't have to piggyback items off other games like starving beggars...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
10/8/2018 19:40:48   
KuronekoAlchemist

Legion Pumpkin Slayer from AQW
AQ AQW  Post #: 7
10/8/2018 20:15:07   
AliceShiki

quote:

I don't mind seeing items from Adventure Quest Worlds, but it would be nice to see more items from Dragonfable. The items from Dragonfable look amazing, and the style of art used in Dragonfable fits Adventure Quest Classics more than Adventure Quest Worlds art style in my opinion.

I think the art of AQW weapons fit in fine with AQ tbh... Armors... Get kinda eeeeeh?

And characters get super duper ugly, but I suppose there isn't much that can be done about it... >.>
quote:

Legion Pumpkin Slayer from AQW

Oh great, it's an AC item... T.T

Probably going to be token then... orz
AQ  Post #: 8
10/8/2018 22:05:58   
Hymnsicality

It does look really nice though, and the staff probably has data that suggests legion z-token stuff does pretty well in aq so I'm fairly indifferent. Game needs funding, some people will love it. eh who cares?

I'm a bit dissapointed the rest of the werepyre race isn't coming this week but its completely understandable.
AQ  Post #: 9
10/10/2018 9:29:24   
Zephyr3337

It'll most likely be a token version of the original, but then again it could be gold too. The original was gold iirc but most item hunts tend to be tokens.
AQ AQW  Post #: 10
10/10/2018 9:38:38   
Willowofwish

Info for the original Soul Drinker, it actually costed Z-Token. 13k back then, thank lore for the z-token sweep
AQ  Post #: 11
10/10/2018 16:42:28   
Kajimaru

this is out now or not yet?
AQ  Post #: 12
10/10/2018 17:00:01   
Lord Markov

^
Given it's Wednesday, what do you think?
AQ  Post #: 13
10/10/2018 17:26:30   
darksampson

Probably gonna be a tokens, so not super excited, but yeah a decent filler release while we wait for the next part of Werepyre
AQ  Post #: 14
10/11/2018 15:18:34   
Lineolata

It's out. And the Ethereal Soul Drinker is a light clone of Soul Drinker. Costs z-tokens for all tiers, but it's not the usual 143 tiering. It's level 150 endgame. Not sure whether it gets the +10 plvl boost from being ztk or whether it's just the guardian boost.

The clue:
quote:

Hidden among the ruins of a fallen shelter,
Pumpkins and the undead come together

So far Granemor, Darkovia, the Pit, and Seahawk's farm have been ruled out.

The blade's been found. I won't spoil the actual location, but to avoid confusion- only the FIRST line of the clue refers to the location. The second just describes the weapon. The weapon has a magic/melee toggle and can passively lower the monster's MRM. Not the defloss status, the way Nerfkitten used to work. The effect isn't particularly noticeable, early tests gave "Your Pumpkin Slayer tears through a fractional amount of blocking!" and "Your Pumpkin Slayer tears through your foe's armour, reducing blocking by 1!". There are two level 10 versions, one that costs gold and another that costs tokens. All other tiers cost tokens. It's a recolor of Pumpkin Slayer from past Mogloweens. Same appearance, in the black and blue colors of Dage's stuff.

< Message edited by Lineolata -- 10/11/2018 16:29:52 >
AQ DF  Post #: 15
10/11/2018 17:32:23   
Xander_Raze

Clue:
quote:

Hidden among the ruins of a fallen shelter,
Pumpkins and the undead come together

Mentioned by Lineolata:
quote:

So far Granemor, Darkovia, the Pit, and Seahawk's farm have been ruled out.

Is Old Granemor ruled out? Not asking where the blade is, just trying to figure out where it's NOT.
AQ  Post #: 16
10/11/2018 17:56:18   
Lineolata

It is, yeah.
AQ DF  Post #: 17
10/11/2018 18:29:14   
Lord Markov

A bit more of a hint if someone needs it:
spoiler:

The bit about undead and pumpkins refers only to the blade, it has absolutely nothing to do with the item's location.
AQ  Post #: 18
10/11/2018 19:47:47   
EST OverLord

might get it after the stats are posted is one of my fav legion blades
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 19
10/11/2018 21:02:11   
Kurtz96

Since the blade costs tokens, is it better than Agony's Embrace for warriors?

Also, how does upgrading work with the level 10 gold version? Is it just stuck at level 10, or will it switch to tokens?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 20
10/12/2018 8:05:42   
Zephyr3337

The Legion Pumpkin Slayer blade seems to have a passive MRM reduction, which is 1 per turn although it's not an 100% chance to occur. Not sure what the saves/resists are.
AQ AQW  Post #: 21
10/12/2018 10:25:51   
AliceShiki

quote:

Is Old Granemor ruled out? Not asking where the blade is, just trying to figure out where it's NOT.

Is there any way to access Old Granemor though? I thought all methods were removed already...
AQ  Post #: 22
10/12/2018 10:40:03   
Yozai

@Above
The Devourer Saga!

AQ  Post #: 23
10/14/2018 22:50:30   
DonKiat

Can somebody tell me the location of the sword? I have been hunting it for a while and haven't had enough experiences in the game to decipher the clue and find it. I also do not have much time to find it and would not want to let this rare weapon slip by.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Someone has already messaged me the location.

< Message edited by DonKiat -- 10/15/2018 11:39:06 >

[RickLeow YouTube]
Post #: 24
10/15/2018 13:02:38   
shoopi

Is it a melee or magic weapon? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth getting for my mage.
AQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Rare Item Hunt October
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition