Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Suggest some good ways to get new players OS.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> Suggest some good ways to get new players OS.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/9/2018 2:17:31   
megakyle777

So with the launcher we got a bit of a boost to oversoul players, and kiyone is doing their best to get players in oversoul. There is talk of a possible update in december too, and a undead and/or halloween tournament.

I was wondering what else players of oversoul could do to keep this momentum going, and more importantly get new players into oversoul.

A few suggestion I have seen:

Possibly get some community content into oversoul to attract players or get some volunteers to help. I seen a few community artists offering to make some characters if they can just get some os templates to work with or if we can get someone to code them in.

Rebalancing of gold and sg costs and rewards to be more new player friendly. For example, lower costing gold or sg packs, some reduction in the higher evo costs, earning better base gold rewards or adding a higher minimum gold limit at low levels. would make it easier for new players.
DF  Post #: 1
10/9/2018 16:43:15   
Fire alandry

quote:

Rebalancing of gold and sg costs and rewards to be more new player friendly. For example, lower costing gold or sg packs, some reduction in the higher evo costs, earning better base gold rewards or adding a higher minimum gold limit at low levels. would make it easier for new players

Couldn't agree more. There are many cool characters that locked behind 100000 gold price. And they aren't even stronger than characters you can get from the map. Why should I farm for gold a few hours? The animation isn't enough. And card packs.. most of the packs are useless. You just get 101•4, and one 204. I think I have about 18 101 attack cards of shadow, if not more. Really anoying when you don't have XP-Gold boost, you farm an hour and get nothing.

Multy-game quests can help. Like, find char X as part of a mission. They did it once with Thok and Ultra OmniKnight.

We should be nice to people. For exmple, if you see a new character in Solace, talk with him and give him advices. (I did it last week. Someone saw me with Drakath fiend, so I sent him to the lake and explained him what is the character trees).

More in game missions. If it's possible to do something like kiyone challanges in the game, with a small goldn prize, there will be much more interestvin the game. Right now, the only thing i do is searching far-too-rare characters all over the map.

< Message edited by Fire alandry -- 10/9/2018 16:44:56 >
DF  Post #: 2
10/9/2018 18:06:48   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

quote:

Rebalancing of gold and sg costs and rewards to be more new player friendly. For example, lower costing gold or sg packs, some reduction in the higher evo costs, earning better base gold rewards or adding a higher minimum gold limit at low levels. would make it easier for new players.

If anything, this should be priority number one. The 15k price tag on the packs wouldn't be so bad if we at least got some decent cards. But 15k which amounts to quite some time of farming for even me who has 5 lifetime boosts, is ridiculous if we trade in an hour and get nothing useful.

The compromise ought to be either the price needs to be lowered and we keep the RNG as it is, or leave it at 15k and give us something worth our time.

Right now my gold farming consists of leveling up characters while searching for characters I don't have at the same time.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
10/10/2018 20:40:39   
Mondez

I would say an entire revamp to current systems of how OS works. The way that OS was planned to utilize cards and team switching. I suggest to AE to look at the popular game Fate Grand Order and find a way to simplify the element charging system to a universal charge similar to Hearthstone, Shadowverse, and other card based games. The card packs and editing decks is too difficult to utilize in Flash. To extend the ever growing market, importing OS to mobile would be a preferable priority since the system OS uses is more towards a mobile layout than a Flash browser variant.

Also in regards to profitability in enticing new players I suggest a Soul Searching system which is like a gacha system that's been popularized in the mobile market.

Except of just having it premium based; a system similar to ship building from Azure Lane which has people building ships for certain periods of time. The currency used for the ship building is cubes which can be obtained through daily missions done per day, story, events, and through logins.

So similarly, OS having a "Soul Searching" system would allow players for certain amounts of time be able to search for banner featured units which will have the option to speed up search utilizing an item which would immediately finish the task. Off the rates of the said banners would have to be fair to keep player positivity.

Another niche system would be sending out the units you control for time based missions like a deployment system in some games that give you bonuses upon completion of the task marked to be finished under a certain number of hours.

The system not only made the game f2p friendly, it balanced out premium players and f2p players.

In how the market works getting players that play the game and see the alternative way to play in a free manner always gets them hooked and cause them to attract more players over time. Plus utilizing missions and having events with event based characters as a reward through completing and/or farming currency keeps player retention.

The method I present is a good start for OS to spread out to the mobile market and attract new players.

It would be good to have this idea presented to Artix or any of the staff if Oversoul was to be boosted back to the glory days. It will take time and resources, but I guarantee this is a plausible and viable revamp to Oversoul for the current market.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 10/10/2018 20:58:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> Suggest some good ways to get new players OS.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition