Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQW= Design Notes October 11, 2018: ShadowScythe General and Special Bludrutbrawl event!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes October 11, 2018: ShadowScythe General and Special Bludrutbrawl event!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/11/2018 15:04:56   
Ted Zlammy

quote:

ShadowScythe General

October 11, 2018
ShadowScythe General and Special Bludrutbrawl event!
Fight the team in Bludrutbrawl today at 5pm eastern!
The Class Council will be participating in /bludrutbrawl team pvp fights from 5pm+ eastern Thursday, October 11th on the Artix server. Look out for the new ShadowScythe General class on Class Council members!

Welcome to the ShadowScythe General design notes! First off, this testing version of the class will be available to members 1 week before official release. The skills below will likely be changed by the time the official release happens NEXT Friday. You can obtain the test version of the class tomorrow (the 12th) if you're a member by speaking to Gravelyn in birthday /battleontown. It will convert to a base class next week when the class is out for everyone!

We built this class with a focus on group PvP. Itís a niche we havenít really focused on much and we wanted the Paladin-crushing General to be an absolute boss in group PvP. In fact, your Undead Rebirth straight up prevents Paladins (and LightCasters) from getting or giving several of their auras! Outside of PvP we also wanted it to hold its own as a farming class and we gave it some of the best sustain out there.

Description: Recommended Enhancements: Lucky, Hybrid. By the powers of of Noxus, you have been reborn as an Undead General! Paladins, Lightcasters and even High Lords tremble at your dark presence. Gather your undead army and take what is rightfully yours!

Stats: ShadowScythe Generals favor Strength, Intellect, and Endurance

Mana Regen:
ShadowScythe Generals don't use mana. They gain power from submitting their defenses to Consuming Shadows.

Abilities:
Auto Attack: Shadow Slam
Deals damage on hit and grants a stack of Consuming Shadows which increases the damage done on all of your skills and debuffs your damage resistance by 4% for 20 seconds. Stacks to 20. Also applies Overwhelming Shadows to your target, reducing their haste and damage by 10% for 2 seconds.
Type: Physical
ManaCost: 0
Cooldown: 4 seconds
AOE: 1
Medium range

Rank 1: Shadow Blast
Disperse the shadows in a blast of dark energy. Deals damage to up to 6 targets and has a 50% chance to petrify them for 1 second. Applies 3 stacks of Consuming Shadows per target hit. You also gain Rush of Unlife which increases your haste by 40% for 8 seconds.

Type: Physical/Magical
Cooldown: 8 seconds
AOE: 6
Full screen range

Rank 2:Bone Picker
Rips the bones right out of your enemies! Deals damage to up to 6 targets and applies a stack of Consuming Shadows. Also applies a stack of Undead Assembly which increases your damage done and healing done by 10%. Undead Assembly lasts 15 seconds and stacks to 4.
Cooldown: 6 seconds
Full screen range

Rank 3: Undead Rebirth
You rebuild yourself. Applies a HoT that lasts 4 seconds. Your undeath creates an aura of decay around you preventing up to 6 hostile targets from healing for 4 seconds. Applies a Shadow Seal on you and your enemies which blocks your enemies from applying the following auras: Illuminated, Lumen, Light Wave, Soul Drinking, Abolish, Righteous Seal and Blinding Light. Shadow Seals lasts 10 seconds.
Cooldown: 10
AOE: 6 (hostile only)
Full screen range

Rank 4 Living Dead
Increases damage resistance to a max of 80% and prevents 10% of damage resistance debuffs.

Rank 4 Passive: Unblinded
Increases your hit chance by 30%

Rank 5: Shadow Void
Explode in a void of darkness. Deals massive damage to your primary target and less damage to up to 5 surrounding targets. Damage is increased by Consuming Shadows stacks and consumes those stacks. Damage always crits and can't miss. Also applies Crippling Fear to all enemies hit, decreasing their dodge and hit chance by 30% for 3 seconds.
Type: Physical
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Full screen range

Rank 10 Passive: Sepulchureís Blessing
Increases your Crit Chance by 20%

Tags: Arklen

quote:

October 11, 2018
10th Anniversary Gifts
This Friday, we begin AdventureQuest Worlds' BIGGEST anniversary celebration ever. Log in and head to Battleontown to /party with all your favorite NPCs and friends from across our game universe.

Join us this week for:

• 500 free AdventureCoins (accounts must have logged in within the last 3 months and be level 10+)
  • 10 free Item Inventory spaces, 10 free Bank spaces, 10 free House Inventory spaces, 10 more Friends List slots
  • The max number of buyable slots available will increase to: 250 Item Inventory spaces, 300 Bank spaces, 125 House Inventory spaces

Note: accounts must have logged in within the last 6 months to get the free spaces.

Tags: Alina

• A no mana cost class eh?

Tagged ~Kiyone

< Message edited by Ted Zlammy -- 10/12/2018 1:18:13 >
    MQ AQW  Post #: 1
    10/11/2018 16:03:42   
    Hardcastle McCormick

A couple questions right off the bat:
    quote:

Increases damage resistance to a max of 80% and prevents 10% of damage resistance debuffs.

What do either of those statements mean exactly?

Also does Shadow Void consume stacks on all targets hit or just the 1st one?
    AQW  Post #: 2
    10/11/2018 16:07:16   
    Apetest

Interesting ability the 1 sec stun, as is obviously meant to disrupt the enemy and potentially bug their skill.
    DF AQW  Post #: 3
    10/11/2018 16:16:47   
    asaboom

So will this be the first PvP class then, because Undead Rebirth (#3) seems like it would only be useful for PvP. Well and healing yourself. Also it has no mana cost which is just incredible.
    Post #: 4
    10/11/2018 16:19:24   
    Legendary Ash

I think the passive is a 80% damage resistance, which Consuming Shadows is suppose to take away from. The class was designed from a PvP aspect to start at high resistance instead of requiring a mana consuming skill to apply it.
    We finally have a class that effectively targets 6 opponents to replace Chaos Slayer whose Auto attack targets only half of Engima and Pandemonium 6 targets.
    I think Shadowscythe General should regenerate mana and have mana costs to serve as a limiting factor to output, when all classes adhere to that standard, it would become an exception to any future monster skill draining or locking up mana. From a thematics perspective Shadowscythe shouldn't have unlimited ability to cast spells, which would establish them as superior to any classes in role-play.

< Message edited by Legendary Ash -- 10/11/2018 16:21:48 >
    AQ  Post #: 5
    10/11/2018 16:21:39   
    Metakirby
    Constructive & Helpful!

@Hardcastle McCormick
    Not sure about the "up to 80%" part, but I think the 10% damage resistance debuff part means that all damage resistance debuffs, or "more damage taken" debuffs, like LDK, Arachnomancer and what have you is reduced by 10%. This does in theory mean that at max "Consuming Shadows" stacks, you will still have 8% damage resistance left, if the 80% is just a straight up damage reduction passive worded very oddly. And also just being less affected by these sort of abilities in general.

The class itself looks rather interesting, even without the strictly PvP focused parts of the class.

quote:

as is obviously meant to disrupt the enemy and potentially bug their skill.

"It's a feature" - AQW class designers

In all seriousness though, that is one of the things that makes PvP even less enjoyable than it already is.
    *use skill*
    *gets stunned*
    *skill doesn't trigger but goes on cooldown*

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 10/11/2018 16:26:20 >
    AQW  Post #: 6
    10/11/2018 16:22:23   
    Ted Zlammy

@ Hardcastle McCormick

Hmm, I believe the passive has something to do with the "Consuming Shadow" stacks. Aside from the buff to debuffs and skill damage, it also increases the damage you take. Each stat increases the damage you take by 4%, to a max stack of 20 which would increase the damage you receive by 80%. The latter half of the passive that says " prevents 10% of damage resistance debuffs. " sounds like it'll invalidate 10% of the 80% making it so you'd only take 70% more damage if the only increased damage debuff you have is only from Consuming Shadows. I think so at any rate if the percentages are merely additive and not multiplicative.

The "Increases damage resistance to a max of 80%" I'm confused about though. Isn't the max damage resistance already 80% by mucking about with stonecrusher and other passives? Or am I remembering things wrong as I tend to do with classes, since I'm not very informed about them as other folks.

Edit: Ah, ninja'd by folks. Yeah, the 10% reduction to each status effect would certainly be more useful if that's the case.... I think. Ahaha~

< Message edited by Ted Zlammy -- 10/11/2018 16:24:51 >
    MQ AQW  Post #: 7
    10/11/2018 17:23:29   
    Apetest

@Metakirby: Is fascinating to see how the designers are now innovating when it comes to classes and "features", I just wish that it didnt take them 10 years to do so.
    imho abusing bugs that wont/cant get fixed anytime soon could be another way to make intriguing skills, props to the devs for thinking outside the box.
    DF AQW  Post #: 8
    10/11/2018 18:39:47   
    Hardcastle McCormick

Well I don't think any class can be this good in pvp without also being amazing in pve, especially since it literally doesn't have mana costs. Also isn't pretty much everyone going to have this class in due time if it's a daily?
    I've seen them heal themselves from 100 HP to 8000, so the whole "burning health instead of mana" thing doesn't seem to be an actual downside.

Also I'm pretty sure the class has a hidden rank 4 passive that states: "when this class is equipped, the entire server breaks and becomes extremely laggy."

< Message edited by Hardcastle McCormick -- 10/11/2018 18:42:39 >
    AQW  Post #: 9
    10/11/2018 19:45:02   
    zanathos

This class seems like it was specifically built to take down a team with an Archpally or lightmage/caster on it in pvp, but i can't see myself wanting to use it anywhere else.

Wonder how the class would fare against a Stonecrusher, Vampire Lord, Oracle team with a Legion Doomknight or VHL
    DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
    10/12/2018 0:47:57   
    brotherinlaw

Off topic(ish), has anyone heard anything about the Art/writing contest? A tweet said information would be in the design notes, but I haven't seen anything.

On topic, assuming this is actually a PvP class, would I be correct in my understanding that this is the first class in Aqw specifically designed for PvP over PvE?
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
    10/12/2018 1:12:25   
    Ted Zlammy

^
    Looks like the art contest details are on the main AE site here. The contest is open and will officially stop taking entries on the 29th of October at 10 AM EST. Gotta enter via twitter and follow all the guidelines and what not when submitting your entry.

Oh and popped in and looks like the inventory spaces and 500 ACs have been given out, which is neat. First time having bank spaces, and I have already crammed in 10 old rares I find myself not using much into the bank, haha.
    MQ AQW  Post #: 12
    10/12/2018 4:16:31   
    dragontackle

Welp, bought all bank/house/inv spaces. And for the first time in about 3 years im under 40,000 ac's. Feels weird.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
    10/12/2018 8:46:26   
    XeNON_54

So it's like an Evil Eternal Inversionist but with a better heal and Nuke.

It can also shutdown Lightcasters, Archpaladins and Paladin Highlords.

Cool.
    Post #: 14
    10/12/2018 13:59:13   
      Shadowhunt
    Snow Angel, Bug Hunter, Class Tester

quote:

I've seen them heal themselves from 100 HP to 8000, so the whole "burning health instead of mana" thing doesn't seem to be an actual downside.
    Some of the testers were using health potions during the PvP testing yesterday to do simulation for that. Others weren't. The class does have a heal but it's not an 8k heal. PvP isn't a super great time to determine how much an enemy is healing because there are a ton of other factors that go into it. The numbers may change by final release but right now at 85 full Lucky the heal is for about 1000.
    AQ AQW  Post #: 15
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes October 11, 2018: ShadowScythe General and Special Bludrutbrawl event!
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition