Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Referendum: Passives Question

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Referendum: Passives Question
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/15/2018 0:25:55   
Juan Tipo

Greetings,

I'm fully aware there's a lot of forum posts regarding this subject, but the purpose of this thread is to see how many are in favor of such a return if possible and see who opposes it. I don't intend this to be a fight between who supports it or not, but to have a insight of what the forum users think.

To be able to have an accurate number, we're going to see how many people support a return of passives in the forums, and this referendum doesn't represent the views of those who don't post in the forums.

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 10/15/2018 14:25:41 >
Epic  Post #: 1
10/15/2018 1:27:24   
Romaian Master

I'm definitely for this. (However, never going to happen sadly).

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 10/15/2018 14:24:49 >
Epic  Post #: 2
10/15/2018 14:24:32   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

Gonna remove the polling part of this discussion. The dev team already knows the community has been asking for passives back. Feel free to discuss the pros/cons of passives here, but know that just because an idea is popular doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be implemented, e.g "bring back Beta"

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 10/15/2018 14:25:12 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
10/15/2018 14:34:34   
.Lord Ginger.

Pros: Shorter battles, much easier to balance classes
Legendary bosses wouldn’t be just beatable with a few classes
Class identity would return
Game would be more about attacks rather than energy manipulation?
Can invest points in energy without getting screwed over by blood mage

Cons: Would have to change legendary bosses because they’d destroy anything without actives
Lot of skills would have to be changed back to implement this and we don’t have Titan
All these new robots, cores would make this really... interesting.

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 10/15/2018 14:37:31 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
10/16/2018 21:21:52   
One Winged Angel1357

I'm still in the mindset that passives, if they were to return, should be something you get just for using the class. Not like the system we had were the passive fell somewhere on the teir list so some classes got them sooner and had an advantage early game for that reason alone.

Just give every class rank five of the passive they had at the removal of passives and balance it from there. Maybe make up some new ones to better create class identity. Then you can add bots that interact with passives as possible options just to keep things interesting.

If the design factor currently is "why not?" Then ya know it might be time to try and schedule time to steal Titan back from AQ3D for what would undoubtedly be a large interest boost in ED. No clue about the long term player count impact but the vocal minority makes it seem like you would see an upswing
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
10/20/2018 13:59:54   
Mother1

here is another pro if passives came back and actives left. the pyro fly would get indirectly nerfed back to what it originally was prior to passive to active change. Meaning that it won't destroy a build if it hits the right attack. not to mention it would also make a heavy dent on this energy meta since the moves that cost energy would no longer exist.

though as lord ginger mentioned legendary battles which are centered around actives would become 100% impossible due to the severe lack of quick energy regeneration for all but blood mage seeing as their drainer would be the only one that works.
Epic  Post #: 6
10/20/2018 14:05:19   
.Lord Ginger.

Parasite gets replaced by deadly aim ^
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
10/20/2018 14:22:46   
One Winged Angel1357

You could replicate their effect with cores. Armor or auxillary cores that sacrifice damage for energy regeneration but on a long timer as far as EpicDuel goes
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
10/20/2018 15:05:06   
.Lord Ginger.

I want things like Static Grenade, Static Smash, the way frenzy works now after being updates to work with actives, battery, parasite

Gone.

Even if we don't have passives. These things don't make the game better, they make it worse.

Infinite looping with things, unable to balance static grenade/ parasite.
Just needs to go.

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 10/20/2018 15:15:29 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/18/2019 15:36:43   
grizzly11

i wrote a post to other topic about that and i will repeat my opinion. i agree with those people who whant to return old passive cores. the passive cores are useful in game and every game is interesting by passive cores and every player was playing cause were passive cores and now everyone knows that players numbers are reduced and reason is of course old passive cores. i think every player would be appreciate if they return.
Post #: 10
1/19/2019 0:31:33   
SouL Prisoner

get those health boosters back
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Referendum: Passives Question
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition