Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

More drops for 2v2.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> More drops for 2v2.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/27/2018 1:33:56   
racing.lo.mas

Well it takes a lot to find a 2v2 battle and also the battle takes a lot too. Thats why most of people preffer 1v1. In 1v1 you find a battle in seconds, it can last around 2 mins and it only depends on your hability. 2v2: takes a few minutes to find a game, battles take 5 to 7 8 mins, and you depends on your partner, on how your builds fix, how your opponents' builds fix, etc. This mode is quite complex. That's why those modes are quite unbalanced at the time to win influence for you, for your faction, leadearboard, etc.
When a rally came everybody moves to 1v1, you can get super bombs every 3 mins (with a war commander). Its way easier and faster.
I know 2v2 has a bigger % of drop, but that is not enough and we all know it. While one player is getting 1 win in 2v2 another player is getting 4 or 5 matches in 1v1.

So, I'll suggest to bring more dropps for 2v2, instead of being able to get 1 drop, you'll be also able to get 2 drops. I mean you could receive: nothing, normal x1, normal x2, super x1, super x2; or normal and super x1.

War commander would guarantee 1 drop normal with a 30% of getting 2 normals, and the same for war rally but super instead of normal.

This would also make lovers of 2v2 come back to it.

< Message edited by racing.lo.mas -- 10/27/2018 1:35:44 >
Epic  Post #: 1
10/27/2018 8:30:56   
Mother1

Even if this was put into play people would still flock to 1 vs 1 and Juggernaut. Why?

Because 1 vs 1 as you pointed out is a lot faster and can be won in times under a minute depending on skill and Juggernaut while it takes a little more time than 1 vs 1 is basically an almost grantee win which many people love especially during war rallies.

While I love 2 vs 2 more than the other modes, for the same reasons you pointed out along with others (Underdog punishing high ranked players even with the changes made to it) as well as the low player pool most avoid this battle mode especially when time is of the essence.

So while I do support the idea of making two vs two have increased drop rates until something is done to either

(A) speed up the wait times for 2 vs 2

or

(B) Make the other battle modes less appealing.

I honestly doubt a lot of people would come back even with this.
Epic  Post #: 2
10/27/2018 16:04:59   
racing.lo.mas

You are completely right.

I know this is a small buff, and also I know people would still go for jugg or 1v1 in rallies. However, this will give a small buff to people who enjoy playing 2v2, they will be able to take advantage of it while there isn't a war rally.

About your 2 options mentioned:
Well, you want to make the other modes "less appealing". If we are talking about war, we must modify the way of getting influence. There are 2 facts for this: drop % and speed of battles.
If we reduce even more the drop percentage, it will bring many issues. Wars would be longer, since most players goes for 1v1. Second it would indirectly buff war commanders. Players with credits will spam war commanders while poor players won't be able. It will make a difference between players with credits and poor players. In fact, this would bring more problems than solutions.
About time battles:
Time finding a match: It obviously can't be changed. It must always be the lowest time posible, in other way, people would get tired of waiting and just leave.
Time per battle: I am not really sure about this, but if you make battle longer between 2 players, it will also make battle longers between 4 players.

The best way to help 2v2 is making it better and not nerfing the other modes. My suggestion tries to bring a small buff to 2v2. Also you could give more credits and experience, I would also increase it exaggeratedly to a big ammount. If players see that they can get a bigger ammount of credits and experience they might come back to 2v2. As soon as base players in 2v2 increase, they can do a small nerf to those prices. That's what most of games do, when something is really unappreciated, they bring a really big buff, making it almost broken. As soon as everybody is using it, they bring a calculated nerf.

< Message edited by racing.lo.mas -- 10/27/2018 16:06:53 >
Epic  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> More drops for 2v2.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition