Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Rewards for contributors

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Rewards for contributors
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/30/2018 4:27:04   
racing.lo.mas

NW wants to hear out the community ideas, but we find always the same people talking here in the forums. I know there are many players with really nice and innovative ideas in the game, but they just don't post them anywhere. Maybe some rewards could be added for bringing ideas in the forums in order to encourage people. What everybody in the game wants? What everybody plays for? The biggest option may be stars what means achievements. So that's the reward I'm just thinking.
I also think that this could be a reward for all the people who have an active part in the forums. They have been here for years bringing ideas to help the community and support the game. Even thought they don't get anything in return they take a moment to sit and read all post and to answer whenever they can, so this might be a small reward to their effort.

In order to make people keep posting this achievement will upgrade if you keep posting:

Good Contributor: Awarded for players who contributed with 5 posts in the ED forums. Rating: 250
Great Contributor: Awarded for players who contributed with 10 posts in the ED forums. Rating: 500
Grand Contributor: Awarded for players who contributed with 20 posts in the ED forums. Rating: 750
Ultra Contributor: Awarded for players who contributed with 50 posts in the ED forums. Rating: 1500
Epic Contributor: Awarded for players who contributed with 100 posts in the ED forums. Rating: 3000
Legendary Contributor: Awarded for players who contributed with 200 posts in the ED forums. Rating: 5000
God-like Contributor: Awarded for players who contributed with 500 posts in the ED forums. Rating: 7500

How to do this? Well you must put your account character page in your profile. If this is implemented, the steps to create an account, to do a post and to put your character page can be added in the desing notes. Also mods in forums must control carefully people spamming and delete those spam post. obviously some players who don't really care about this will try to do whatever they can to get those achivements and we have to prevent it. Perhaps you could explain in the desing notes that if any player tries to spam in the forums with no-constructive post their forums accounts will get banned, and if this conduct keeps on the player then you will proceed to ban his/her ED account for spamming.

< Message edited by racing.lo.mas -- 10/30/2018 17:09:45 >
Epic  Post #: 1
10/30/2018 5:54:43   
Mother1

While I like the idea, the posting curve should be a little bit higher and that last cheevo worth should be changed from 75,000 to maybe 12,500 at the most. 75,000 rating is a lot of rating enough to make you jump 2-3 stars something like that and this could in fact cause people to spam the forums for it.

Epic  Post #: 2
10/30/2018 13:57:59   
8x

I remember when they deleted some forum sections or something like that a few years ago. About 800 of my posts went *poof*.
Then the other thing, quality over quantity. If the goal is to get feedback and ideas, awarding achievement for a number of posts is probably not the best way to do it. It's really easy to post without adding anything to the discussion, without it being considered spam.

Also, I'm not so sure that the lack of ideas is a problem. The problem is the difficulty of implementing them and the time required.
Epic  Post #: 3
10/30/2018 15:44:58   
One Winged Angel1357

In Destiny there was an emblem for linking your Bungie account to a twitch account and streaming for X number of hours. This lead to people loading into the tower, hitting dance to avoid the idle timer, and then streaming them doing nothing to get the emblem.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
10/30/2018 17:08:04   
racing.lo.mas

Mother1 I meant 7500 not 75000. First I thought 10,000 but then I thoguht It was too much, so changed it to 75000 by mistake. Ill edit the post now.
What curve would you suggest?

8x yes, I know that. That's why first achievements are quite low. Maybe they could be lower.
I also know people are use to post "support" or "not suported" and that wouldnt be spam. However, those comments even thought they dont add any argument, they show what people think about an idea. After all, ideas will be suported (or not suported) by a bigger ammount of people. We will be able to see how a suggestion will impact in the community. Thats part of a forum, some people bring ideas, arguments while some other decide about them.

One winged ángel. Yes, those kind of rewards make people try to do the smallest effort to get the best thing. I know some players might do that, but which achievements could they own? 100 post? Well maybe they might own that one, but they will need more than that to own the better rewards.
By the way, we could add another special achievement for players Who are really envolved with the forums. This achievement might be like the epicduel wiki achievement, only staff from forums can choose which player will get this reward.

< Message edited by racing.lo.mas -- 10/30/2018 17:09:02 >
Epic  Post #: 5
10/31/2018 0:27:10   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

Speaking from experience with the EpicDuel Wiki one, this is one of those things that's a good idea in theory but doesn't end up working well in reality because of human nature. If you set a specific post count, then people will start spamming. If you select people with quality posts, then most people will either be discouraged due to there not being a sense of progression, or will still spam and hope for the best. For the wiki, we never stated a certain edit count to get the achievement because we wanted to encourage quality edits over quantity, but that just resulted in people asking us how many edits were required, or constantly asking us if they met the requirements yet. Overall I don't think we had a net positive benefit from it for the wiki, so I wouldn't want anything similar for the forums. If you want an achievement for the forums, I would say go for the ArchKnight Achievement instead.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
11/1/2018 1:25:19   
racing.lo.mas

Well, maybe you feel your experience wasn't good, and I understand your reasons. Many people asking, more interest than effort to do a good job, I know. However, in some cases this work.

I can tell you about my own experience on the wiki. I discovered that everybody could contribute with editations when I found the achivement, I didn't know that before. I first wanted to get the achievement, that was what made me try to learn. I tried to figure out how pages where made and I realised that it wasn't so hard. Then I tryed to make pages about new items by copying the pages that were already made by you as a base. At the begging I made too many mistakes, but then I started to improve my editations. After all, I kept working on the wiki as a hobby, I really liked it. When I was boring and I had nothing new to create, I looked out into old pages that were forgotten. I remember I filled some of the weapons list, which hadn't even updated since omega. I end up working hard while I didn't even remember what brought me there.
That's why I believe this can work, for sure with just a few of players but well, it would be better than nothing.
Epic  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Rewards for contributors
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition