November 1, 2018
Epic News Post of DOOM
The Wheel of Doom evolves next week
Let's jump right in, because today's announcements will fulfill requests many of you have been making since the Wheel of Doom returned!
News TL;DR for the hero on the go:
- Next week, free daily spins are returning for members.
- Free players will get 1 free spin a WEEK, but will need to log in at least 3 times.
- The Platinum Item of Donated Awesomeness will be available via the Doom Merge shop, and will require 1,000 Treasure Potions
- If you get the Epic Item of Donated Awesomeness as a drop from the Wheel, you WILL be able to get the PIoDA
- 10th Upholder ends tomorrow at 6 PM EST, and the Guardian of Time upgrade bonus set leaves
- The Apocalytpic DragonLord (Tier 1) and Apocalyptic DragonKing (Tier 2) upgrade bonus gear arrives tomorrow at 6 PM EST
- This weekend's release - Two Nights at Twig's 2: Zorbak's Revenge - arrives tomorrow night along with more spooky costume gear!
- The 10 years played, 9 years membership, and 600,000 ACs purchased Achievement Tracker item rewards will be available from the Book of Lore starting this weekend. The Class variants and mini-adventure zones will arrive soon. (Class variants are still being designed.)
Free Daily Spins Returning
Everyone loves to get prizes... and that's why we're bringing back free spins for the Wheel of Doom!
Starting next week:
Members get one free spin a day while their upgrade is active
Free players get one free spin a week
Members: you'll need to log in to claim your free daily spin. You are also eligible for the new WEEKLY spin, for a total of 8 spins a week, if you log in every day. (Bonus!)
Free players: we are changing the free monthly spin to a free WEEKLY spin, but you'll need to log in at least 3 times on separate days before you can claim your free spin.
Your logins do not need to be consecutive, as long as you're logging in at least 3 times in the same week.(Example: log in Monday, Wednesday, Saturday - and claim your free spin on Saturday).
Members will also be eligible for the free weekly spin. (BONUS!)
NEW: Platinum Item of Donated Awesomeness
At Artix Entertainment, we ALWAYS want to be the good guys. We know a lot of you are spinning the Wheel to get the Epic Item of Donated Awesomeness, which lets you choose one rare item from any point in the game's history.* It's great to see all that excitement and hope, one of the reasons we brought the Wheel back.
What we don't want to see is people getting frustrated after many spins, and no EIoDA. That's why we are introducing the Platinum Item of Donated Awesomeness from the Doom Merge Shop - even if you don't receive the EIoDA as a bonus prize, you can save up your Treasure Potions and get the PIoDA.
The PIoDA will be a Wheel of Doom merge shop exclusive
Cost: 1,000 Treasure Potions.
You can get both the EIoDA (from the Wheel) and the PIoDA (from the merge shop)
At a cost of 1,000 Treasure Potions, that means a member who ONLY uses their one free spin per day/week will need to log in every day for about 2.5 years to get it... but they WILL get it eventually.
* Exceptions include staff personal items, custom weapon contest prizes, etc
10th Upholder Ends Tomorrow
Last month, AQWorlds celebrated a VERY special anniversary - 10 years of adventures and victories. Every year for the anniversary, we offer a special bonus - the Upholder rewards. Upgrade with any membership until November 2nd to unlock all 10 of our 2018 Star Swords, the exclusive class, zone, and all our membership perks!
Also leaving tomorrow is the current upgrade bonus set, the Guardians of Time sets! You'll unlock the Dark Guardian of Time reward gear when you buy any AC or membership package worth $10 USD, and both sets when you get a 12,000 AC or 12 month membership.
Here be some news about the upcoming Wheel of Doom update and other things~
I'm gonna sing the doom song! Tag Tag Tag~! wait.... that's not right. ~Phantasmia
< Message edited by Phantasmia -- 11/2/2018 10:48:39 >