Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQW= Design Notes November 1, 2018: Epic News Post of DOOM

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes November 1, 2018: Epic News Post of DOOM
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/1/2018 16:10:18   
Ted Zlammy

quote:

November 1, 2018
Epic News Post of DOOM
The Wheel of Doom evolves next week
Let's jump right in, because today's announcements will fulfill requests many of you have been making since the Wheel of Doom returned!

News TL;DR for the hero on the go:

1. Next week, free daily spins are returning for members.
  2. Free players will get 1 free spin a WEEK, but will need to log in at least 3 times.
  3. The Platinum Item of Donated Awesomeness will be available via the Doom Merge shop, and will require 1,000 Treasure Potions
  4. If you get the Epic Item of Donated Awesomeness as a drop from the Wheel, you WILL be able to get the PIoDA
  5. 10th Upholder ends tomorrow at 6 PM EST, and the Guardian of Time upgrade bonus set leaves
  6. The Apocalytpic DragonLord (Tier 1) and Apocalyptic DragonKing (Tier 2) upgrade bonus gear arrives tomorrow at 6 PM EST
  7. This weekend's release - Two Nights at Twig's 2: Zorbak's Revenge - arrives tomorrow night along with more spooky costume gear!
  8. The 10 years played, 9 years membership, and 600,000 ACs purchased Achievement Tracker item rewards will be available from the Book of Lore starting this weekend. The Class variants and mini-adventure zones will arrive soon. (Class variants are still being designed.)

Free Daily Spins Returning
Everyone loves to get prizes... and that's why we're bringing back free spins for the Wheel of Doom!

Starting next week:

• Members get one free spin a day while their upgrade is active
  • Free players get one free spin a week

Members: you'll need to log in to claim your free daily spin. You are also eligible for the new WEEKLY spin, for a total of 8 spins a week, if you log in every day. (Bonus!)

Free players: we are changing the free monthly spin to a free WEEKLY spin, but you'll need to log in at least 3 times on separate days before you can claim your free spin.

Your logins do not need to be consecutive, as long as you're logging in at least 3 times in the same week.(Example: log in Monday, Wednesday, Saturday - and claim your free spin on Saturday).

Members will also be eligible for the free weekly spin. (BONUS!)

NEW: Platinum Item of Donated Awesomeness
    At Artix Entertainment, we ALWAYS want to be the good guys. We know a lot of you are spinning the Wheel to get the Epic Item of Donated Awesomeness, which lets you choose one rare item from any point in the game's history.* It's great to see all that excitement and hope, one of the reasons we brought the Wheel back.

What we don't want to see is people getting frustrated after many spins, and no EIoDA. That's why we are introducing the Platinum Item of Donated Awesomeness from the Doom Merge Shop - even if you don't receive the EIoDA as a bonus prize, you can save up your Treasure Potions and get the PIoDA.

Important Points

• The PIoDA will be a Wheel of Doom merge shop exclusive
  • Cost: 1,000 Treasure Potions.
  • You can get both the EIoDA (from the Wheel) and the PIoDA (from the merge shop)

At a cost of 1,000 Treasure Potions, that means a member who ONLY uses their one free spin per day/week will need to log in every day for about 2.5 years to get it... but they WILL get it eventually.

* Exceptions include staff personal items, custom weapon contest prizes, etc

10th Upholder Ends Tomorrow
    Last month, AQWorlds celebrated a VERY special anniversary - 10 years of adventures and victories. Every year for the anniversary, we offer a special bonus - the Upholder rewards. Upgrade with any membership until November 2nd to unlock all 10 of our 2018 Star Swords, the exclusive class, zone, and all our membership perks!

Also leaving tomorrow is the current upgrade bonus set, the Guardians of Time sets! You'll unlock the Dark Guardian of Time reward gear when you buy any AC or membership package worth $10 USD, and both sets when you get a 12,000 AC or 12 month membership.

Tags: Alina

• Here be some news about the upcoming Wheel of Doom update and other things~

I'm gonna sing the doom song! Tag Tag Tag~! wait.... that's not right. ~Phantasmia

< Message edited by Phantasmia -- 11/2/2018 10:48:39 >
    MQ AQW  Post #: 1
    11/1/2018 16:29:59   
    zanathos

Owning most of the merge shop items and Doom Quibble drops means most of my spins will be absolutely fruitless, but I am very glad to hear they managed to fix the free spins exploit and bring that feature back to the Wheel.
    DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
    11/1/2018 16:48:23   
    Beshin Adin

Boo Zorbak. Yay any other release thiis month
    AQ AQW  Post #: 3
    11/1/2018 18:07:35   
    iDreadnaut

Oh, yes. My suggestion was heard and we can actually make progress towards the X Item of Donated Awesomeness. I'm halfway through, but I'll only get one in Feb, because of a few game releases I'm looking forward.

I'm also glad they changed the monthly free spins to weekly free spins. Now the WoD seems much less of a paid content.
    AQW  Post #: 4
    11/1/2018 19:44:18   
    Legendary Ash

Compared to before monthly spins gives 12 spins per year, now weekly spins gives a 52.178 spins per year having accounted for leap year.
    Legends have a rounded down 365.25 + 52.178 = 417.428 spins per year.
    Before 377.25/12 = 31.4375 more times than Adventurers, now 417.428/52 = 8 more times than Adventurers.
    To earn the Platinum Item of Donated Awersomeness, it will take 1000/417.428 = 2.3956 years of free spins for Legends and 1000/52.178 = 19.165 years of free spins for Adventurers.

< Message edited by Legendary Ash -- 11/1/2018 19:52:45 >
    AQ  Post #: 5
    11/1/2018 21:21:57   
    kyyaha

Anyone know if the Guardian of Time set leaves by the end of Nov 1st or 2nd? Would I be able to get both Guardian of Time and Apocalyptic Dragonking sets of at the same time if it leaves by the end of tmr?
    AQW  Post #: 6
    11/1/2018 21:30:45   
    Metakirby
    Constructive & Helpful!

Tomorrow = Friday the 2nd and the packages usually swap out at 6PM server time, on Friday. You wouldn't be able to get 2 different monthly upgrade packages with only a single purchase.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 11/1/2018 21:36:09 >
    AQW  Post #: 7
    11/1/2018 21:57:31   
    Rtkat3

Have any of you with upgraded Legend accounts that expire sometime after November 2nd still obtain the 10th Upholder. I think somebody confirmed it once.
    AQ  Post #: 8
    11/1/2018 22:31:21   
    iDreadnaut

Mine expire in November, 2019 and I got the 10th upholder badge.
    AQW  Post #: 9
    11/1/2018 22:33:39   
    Rtkat3

So it still counts is what you are saying.

As for me, my Legend Account expires on February 1, 2019.

< Message edited by Rtkat3 -- 11/1/2018 22:48:01 >
    AQ  Post #: 10
    11/1/2018 22:51:24   
    iDreadnaut

Yes. To get the 10th upholder, your membership just need to last past November 2nd, IIRC.

You don't need to extend it further if it expires after said date. In fact, you should have received the 10th upholder badge late September / early October.
    AQW  Post #: 11
    11/1/2018 22:57:41   
    Rtkat3

You are right. I see it in the Book of Lore.
    AQ  Post #: 12
    11/1/2018 23:57:16   
    brotherinlaw

You know what would actually make me happiest of all?

If someone, be it the Wiki or the staff, would post a full, unabridged list of items that either of the Items of Donate Awesomeness give you!

It's really hard to hope for something you don't even know what you'll get. Like with treasure chests, I know I want the altar of Caladabolg, a few set pieces, and the black box. Can't really plan for the Donated awesomeness if I don't know what we'll get!

On a side note: according to your list of excepted rare items, those allowed includeHeromart items, previous membership bonus, and other rare items you could only get both for a limited time and via real life. Is that a correct understanding?

< Message edited by brotherinlaw -- 11/1/2018 23:58:15 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
    11/2/2018 0:38:42   
    Ninjaty

@above:
    1. A complete list isn't really possible, given that players can donate items and not have to honor their donations in the end. You may request any item you desire, and if it hasn't been donated, you can wait for one, as I have understood it.

2. Any rare item would quality. In case the item normally comes from and/or with a badge, both the item and the badge will be removed from the donator, and only the item will be given to the winner.

quote:

The Platinum Item of Donated Awesomeness will be available via the Doom Merge shop, and will require 1,000 Treasure Potions

What a sad day.
    They're practically giving it away. What's next? A $5 package that allows you to be flown to AE's HQ, hang out with the staff for a month while you stay at a luxury hotel, and then be flown back at the end? If given the choice between the two, I'd say that the PIoDA would still be the more valuable prize to me.

On the upside, I might just have a reason to renew my memberships now. I used to renew primarily for the 5,000 ACs that came with it, making the membership itself almost free, and the spins were a nice bonus back then, if just for the boosts that could be obtained with the Fortune Tickets. Haven't had a reason to renew since ACs lost their worth to me in terms of getting new rares, but this might just do the trick, as I could spend the ACs on more spins.

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 11/2/2018 0:46:59 >
    Post #: 14
    11/2/2018 0:45:53   
    iDreadnaut

I don't know... waiting years or paying over $600 to get ONE rare item doesn't exactly sit in the "give away" category for me.
    AQW  Post #: 15
    11/2/2018 0:47:47   
    Ninjaty

Well, given that it to me would be the opportunity of a lifetime, it is to me. Besides, the price to get there doesn't have to be one or the other; the price can be divided between the two methods, and there is even a chance to obtain a second grand prize along the way or afterwards.

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 11/2/2018 0:50:27 >
    Post #: 16
    11/2/2018 7:55:07   
    HotlineBling

@Ninjaty Why are you making a fuss about the Platinum Item of Donated Awesomeness? This is their way of generating money, besides, it's still better than the 1% Epic one. I'd much rather spin knowing I'd come closer to something than keep wasting my money trying to get the epic. This isn't a "sad" day, it's actually a good day. I certanly hope you're not one of those rare kids that like to keep everything for themselves.
    Post #: 17
    11/2/2018 11:17:22   
    Loftyz

PIoDA is genius. was it Cysero's idea?

I don't think people should be able to willingly donate their rares or items at any time, because it opens up the possibility of RWT in a really roundabout way, but only for rares that the IoDA 'collection of items' has no stock of. There are ups & downs to this argument, but I think at least, there should be a 1 month waiting period before a willingly donated item is made available through the IoDA.

misc questions;
    1) The thread says custom weapon's are exempt from IoDA, but what if someone willingly donated a custom weapon (either the original, or 1 of the 10 duplicates). Are they not allowed to donate these?
    2) Are IoDA removed from inventories after being used to claim an item?
    3) Was there any functional difference between the wheel of doom and wheel of destiny?
    4) Can old Quibble items be occasionally cycled through the wheel of doom, since they are technically not rare, and never seem to appear anywhere else in the games future updates?
    5) Can the music in /doom change every now and then? (e.g. whenever new items are added or cycled in, so everyone will still notice, even if they didn't read the design notes? you could use music that loosely fits the theme of the new items as well.

< Message edited by Loftyz -- 11/2/2018 11:21:13 >
    DF AQW  Post #: 18
    11/2/2018 16:01:09   
    iDreadnaut

Is it just me or the WoD is giving more than one treasure potion now?
    I had 500 treasure potions yesterday, and span the Wheel another 300 times today. Now I have 2283 treasure potions all of a sudden.
    If that's a feature, THANK. YOU. AE.
    AQW  Post #: 19
    11/2/2018 16:41:14   
    Metakirby
    Constructive & Helpful!

Many people are claiming that once you have every drop (maybe excluding a few rare ones) you start getting more treasure potions, someone even claimed to be dropping 5-10 per spin. It seems like a feature. It would incentivize people to "whale" more to get even more Treasure Potions.

I bet that in a couple years, you will start seeing older rares all over the place, once all members get their "free" PIoDA. The team responsible for the EIoDA/PIoDA rewards are going to have their hands full.

So assuming this will stay, you wont even need 2+ years of membership to get a PIoDA, but maybe only a couple months, that membership purchase sure gets more and more tempting.

quote:

misc questions;
    1) The thread says custom weapon's are exempt from IoDA, but what if someone willingly donated a custom weapon (either the original, or 1 of the 10 duplicates). Are they not allowed to donate these?
    2) Are IoDA removed from inventories after being used to claim an item?
    3) Was there any functional difference between the wheel of doom and wheel of destiny?
    4) Can old Quibble items be occasionally cycled through the wheel of doom, since they are technically not rare, and never seem to appear anywhere else in the games future updates?
    5) Can the music in /doom change every now and then? (e.g. whenever new items are added or cycled in, so everyone will still notice, even if they didn't read the design notes? you could use music that loosely fits the theme of the new items as well.

1)
    quote:

With the EIoDA and PIoDA, you CANNOT ask for items tied to a heromart purchase, staff or contest items, or another EIoDA/PIoDA/UIoDA

Custom weapon would be considered a contest item, most likely.

2)
    As far as I know, EIoDA could only be obtained once per account, but PIoDA can be gotten unlimited times. Alina stated that you "will need to use your PIoDA before getting another, so we can only assume they take it away once used.

3)
    Not as far as I know.

4)
    As long as the items do not have "rare rarity", they could possibly return.

5)
    Who plays with music on anyways? But as far as answering the question, maybe, maybe not, it's up to AE. I doubt anyone who spins the wheel a lot wouldn't follow future updates to the wheel.
    AQW  Post #: 20
    11/2/2018 18:39:08   
    brotherinlaw

Getting off topic, I've seen numerous people complain that the Wheel of Doom is gambleing. I saw one person on Twitter leave the game for it ('cause it's of the devil or something, idk)

What I'd like to know is: why did these people not have a problem with the treasure chests?
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
    11/2/2018 18:49:31   
    iDreadnaut

Because WoD and Treasure Chests operate differently.
    You're guaranteed an item from the treasure chest's reward pool, i.e., one will get the item you want some time because you already got everything else from the drop table. "You will receive one of the following"

WoD doesn't guarantee any item, besides XP boost and treasure point, i.e., it's gambling. You can keep trying and trying, doesn't matter how many items you got from it, there's no guarantee you'll get what you want. "You may receive, at random"
    AQW  Post #: 22
    11/2/2018 19:49:54   
    The Jop

Well, if they're supposed to be donated items of awesomeness that means they won't be generating copies of rares, right? I think they need to get someone who has the desired item to willingly donate it, or from an abandoned account like they mentioned. The supply should be the same, though you might notice a few more rares since obviously you can't see the inactive players running around with them currently.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 11/2/2018 19:51:27 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
    11/2/2018 23:34:34   
    Foulman

@iDreadnaut

pretty sure you get 5 potions for every repeat item, that might be why. If so, you've got urself 2 PIoDAs. Turns out it wasn't such a waste after all
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 24
    11/3/2018 1:29:50   
    Jams Loyal Subject

Interesting if you receive extra potions after obtaining everything (excluding 1%s). I had all non 1% items from the old WoD and don't recall ever getting more than one potion though, so it'd definitely be a new feature if indeed it exists. Would like confirmation from a staff member on that.

~Loyal.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes November 1, 2018: Epic News Post of DOOM
    Page 1 of 212>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition