Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Future Balance Suggestions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Future Balance Suggestions
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/4/2018 14:08:09   
.Lord Ginger.

I'm going to start off with saying that if I’m a 5-focus user I have to use Kartherax because of how broken Support Cyber Massacre and Support Bounty Massacre are.

Massacre needs to start the scaling way lower and increase with tech, the previous massacre nerf hardly did anything to these builds and hurt the builds that hardly used massacre anyway.

You see a lot of Cybers and Bountys in 1v1, Supp CH, and Supp/Focus Bounty. You don’t really see that much of anything else, maybe the occasional Caster TM or Focus/Caster Merc build.

Massacre is the skill needing a nerf, seriously, I want to be able to use a different robot and still win battles.

Bounty Hunter – This class is pretty good because of Smoke, Shadow, and Static isn’t that bad, but it’s pretty weak in energy drain but the return is kind of nice. I’d still like the skill to scale back to tech because I don’t know why it was changed. If it was changed back to tech, it could be scaled properly and take more energy but have a lower return so BH has a chance against tech builds.

Cyber Hunter – This class is good because of Malfunction, Static, Poison, Massacre. The static returns a lot of energy with a 3 cooldown, massacre does a heck of a lot of damage, and poison can trap heals, as well as malfunction making shielding almost a necessity because of the amount of technology it decreases. I do feel massacre needs a solid nerf, and maybe the scaling on static too? EMP grenade still needs a technology scaling buff for it to be good. Shadow arts needs to be toned down a bit more because support builds can abuse this.

Mercenary – This class is pretty good and I don’t know what really needs changing from this to be honest (I also don’t use this class ever).

Tactical Mercenary – This class is good with the rage frenzy being unblockable and giving back an absurd amount of health and energy as well as poison being super strong and doing 100% damage, plus atom smash being unblockable. When the support builds are finally nerfed like they should be, I think this class will definitely be on the uprising because of all the potential it has that is wasted because of the Support Hunter builds.

Tech Mage – This class is pretty abandoned besides the few Caster TM builds, and the occasional support build which isn’t even remotely good without stuns. With the new assimilation nerf, I think this hurt the already dead Strength build, and the already dead Support/Strength build, so I’d like to see the damage buff back for sure. Also, the Caster TM build seems to be decent, but that’s about the only build Tech Mages have, and that’s a shame because focus should be viable, and it used to be in early active Omega, and I know many old people remember that.

Blood Mage – This class is interesting. I think Parasite still needs a tad buff because parasite isn’t too bad right now, the main problem I run into is just the low energy at the end and then BM can’t win because of the mechanics of parasite. I think it should be 100% damage again, and unblockable. If not this, then unblockable and buff Fireball so we can get some strength builds going again. Bludgeon still needs its rightful buff. I remember Intimidate on 4 and Bludgeon on 3 being the same energy, same with Intimidate on 8 and Bludgeon on 6, but this skill got nerfed pretty badly. I think the energy cost should be reduced to what it used to be to try and bring back builds. Plasma cannon is a bit weak in my opinion. Yes, it’s as powerful as Bunker but most people have more resistance than defense and Mercenary has Static Smash which is a quick energy turn around so they can use Bunker again, while Blood Mage can’t. I suggest a decent damage buff, maybe like 50, but decrease the critical chance from what it is right now to about 10%. I still am up for changing Plasma Rain and Supercharge to skills that can actually be used with the class. I think with the new testers it’s about time to start creating new skills.

Robots – I think it’s still time for more robot buffs since I feel like everyone will use Kartherax, Hawk, Infernal, Phantasm, Pirate bot after Support is nerfed properly.

Assault Bot – Take away 100% of the debuff since you’re still using a turn to take away all your debuff, it will help strength builds more than anything and focus won’t use it that much, but maybe they’d start.

Azrael’s Borg – Heart Attack do 90% or 95% damage since most people who use it are Strength Builds.

Black Abyss – Still needs some buffs in the def/res it takes away per turn.

Cyber Yeti – 3 turns since there are many moves that are now unblockable, like Frenzy, Static Charge, Assimilation

Botanical Hazard – I think it’s a fine robot but I think it should have some better focus scaling since it’s moreso used for Caster Builds right now and with quicker battles, poison doesn’t really help that much

The Baby Yetis – the basic Yetis that cost 45k will never be used because they do about 20 less damage and then Chomp does less damage (the % damage) for an upgraded robot. So to make this robot sub-par at the Omega Baby Version, you have to dump quite a bit of Varium into them. I think the Baby Yeti should be the 170, Warrior Yeti should be 180, then the Omega Baby should be 190, and then this will help the robot. Spending Varium for the Omega Sword and the Omega Baby Yeti for it to be a never used robot is kind of pathetic. The pink yeti should also stay at 170. Chomp should be the same 90% for every yeti so the other Yetis are still useful if you don’t want to spend Varium leveling them up.

Monkakazi – The special needs to be buffed by about 1.25% of the difference of opponent’s stats.

Bunny Bot – Any move requiring the primary will be deflected back at the attacker for 2 turns (so smoke screen debuffs will also be deflected), same as parasite, assimilation.

Pyro Fly – Kill This

Cores –
Meteor Shower/Plasma meteor – 120% Primary Damage

Jack-O-fire/Thorn Assault – 125% Primary Damage

Chairman’s Fury – 40% rage, 110% Primary Damage

Hawk Guardian – 135% Primary Damage

Yeti Fury – 115% Primary Damage

Icy Overkill – 40% Defense Ignored

Poison Barbs – 70 Damage Poison

Energy Shot – 30% Energy from Sidearm

Phase Shift – be able to Shift Weapon every other turn, stays shifted until used again – costs 0 energy

Plague – Buff it to 10%

Hatchling Rush – 95% Damage (after Support Cyber is nerfed)

Lionhart’s Shield – Active for ˝ turn, so you can heal yourself

Exile/Legion Strike – 120% Damage + 40 Damage for attacking opposite alignment

Improbability Gate – +10% of opponent’s Max HP

Bloodshot – 40% HP back

Bloodseeker Blast – 40% HP back

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 11/4/2018 14:25:24 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/4/2018 19:03:29   
NDB

• Couldn't agree more with Massacre. The nerf to the tech scaling and health gain seriously hurt any Focus or Tech build trying to use it but barely did anything to nerf the support builds that need a nerf. I think a good idea would be to change the tech scaling to be about half that of Super Charge. Currently, Super Charge improves by 2.5 damage per point of tech whereas Massacre increases by 0.125% per point of tech, which translates to a measly 0.4375 damage per point of tech if your primary base damage is 350. To make massacre improve by about 1.25 damage per point of the tech, the scaling on Massacre can be changed to be 0.4% per point of tech, or 1% for every 2.5 tech (currently it's every 8). Then, the base % can be lowered by about 15% and perhaps the level scaling down to 9% (so 30% level 1, 111% max). That way a support build with, say 50 tech, will have a Massacre that's 45% level 1/126% max (currently, would be 46%/136%) and a focus build with 120 tech would have Massacre that's 73%/154% (currently, would be 55%/145%). If the focus build's primary is about 500ish damage, then the total damage would be about 760 at level 1, which is a lot more similar to the other ultimate skills at level 1(with 120 tech, level 1 Super Charge is 650 and level 1 Surgical Strike is 750).

• I'm not too sure about changing Static Grenade to tech. That would make a focus BH's Grenade a bit better than a focus Merc's Smash in terms of net gain and drain in most cases and Static Smash seems a tad bit too good to me right now anyway. Making energy steal moves too powerful is the main reason why focus TM, CH, and TLM might struggle, so I would be wary to go in that direction.

• To me, Malf and Poison and Shadow Arts are about where they should be. It's the Massacre and Static Charge that I think need to be changed. At this point, I would be happy to see Static Charge be changed to 90% damage. It would hurt other CH builds too, but if Massacre were to be buffed for Tech builds, this doesn't seem like a bad idea to keep them from becoming too powerful as well.

• Tactical Mercenary 3-5 Focus builds actually seems quite good now, especially with the new permanent +6 cores. Even a 3 focus build can have a 540 damage primary now, which makes Frenzy super good, and drain almost 300 with a level 1 atom smasher, and the toxic grenade is just ridiculously good as well. I think nerfing Toxic Grenade down to 140 or 135 would be reasonable right now, and perhaps a slight nerf atom smasher too. Atom smasher is being spammed like EMP Grenade used to be with Tech CH; it utterly destroys caster Tech Mages.

• I honestly have no idea about BM. I do like the sound of changing Rain and Super Charge though, and yeah, Bludgeon is blatantly underpowered.

• Although it's not a very popular, I think Heart Attack should be one time use, especially since the Azrael aux already exists. When it's unlimited, the opponent basically just wastes their energy every single time they try to shield which can make it impossible to win against debuff spammers. I don't want to sound snobbish, but Gamma Bot definitely still needs a buff as well, especially since there are PxE and ExP versions of Infernal Android now. I support the other suggestions for the other robots.

• The suggestions for cores look good, but I'd say that plague needs to be buffed even more, maybe to 15%, because it can be cured by heal, takes three turns to even reach full power, and can be blocked. At 10%, even on round 3 that's only 30% more damage for 90 energy. Double strike is 23% more damage for the same cost, instantly, and without having to waste a turn striking to apply the effect. Hair trigger could use a 5% damage increase.
  • Epic  Post #: 2
    11/4/2018 23:03:20   
    Cataleptic

This game has been immune to decent balance ever since Omegas release.
    Post #: 3
    11/5/2018 1:56:18   
    .Lord Ginger.

Also adding to this, I do think absorption needs a change to at most 35% Energy back from Robots due to how powerful this core is, how it can shut down quite a bit of 5 Focus Builds easily, especially if the one who has absorption goes first.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 4
    11/5/2018 7:22:18   
    NDB

Yeah, absorption would be way more reasonable if the percent were lowered.

Also adding on, I think the permanent+6 stat cores should be lowered to +4 and the x30 ones back to +6. They are starting to become mandatory to even compete, basically making all the other passive core look useless in comparison, unless there is a special reason for them. I can't even use weapons like Omega, Stun Guns, or Azrael's Bane anymore because the stat core is so much more useful than the locked passive, adding to an already very long list of un-useable promos.
    Epic  Post #: 5
    11/5/2018 10:59:47   
    .Lord Ginger.

I want to say no because I spent 200k putting +6 into everything, but you’re right. +6s have been very oppressive cores since they came out and only those who care that much about their win % use them, but now since they’re unlimited and cheap, then they’re unfair for anyone who doesn’t use them.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 6
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Future Balance Suggestions
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition